• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hack Series: Pokémon Ruby Destiny Series

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
Good idea, also the Chrono cross soundtrack when traveling in the worldmap! :D
Not a bad idea, since according to the OP, we almost had the Chrono Chross elements instead of the Pokemon ones (why was that, by the way?).

Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
- The typing system was supposed to have been changed to 6 elements: Red and Blue, Green and Yellow, and White and Black. The game was actually changed to fit this idea, where each Pokémon only has one Element (new name for Type), and was in the ROM for three or so months. The idea was scrapped due to a possible hoard of confusion posts I'm gonna receive. >.>

Wow...
Honestly, the element system of Chrono Cross probably won't fit in Pokemon too well. Even Hoen-dex alone has 202 Pokemon, which is already almost four times more than total playable characters in CC.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Elow weird pipol of ze internet~
I wanna let you guys know that I won't be uploading any screenies nor will I be updating you guys about the progress of the hack anymore?
Why? 'cause the game has bee cancelled.

...oh wait. April Fools' is already over... Darn it. >.>

Anyway, yeah, I won't be posting some updates 'cause the new ones are really really spoilery, and I don't want to spoil the fun~

But I can give vague updates, at least~ :P
Part 1: 100% done, but planning to extend it so gameplay is longer.
Part 2: 80% done, but planning to extend it so gameplay is longer.
Part 3: 80% done.
Part 4: 5% done >.>
Part 5: 25% done.

So yeah. Last week, I did a serious amount of progress. :3

Both? There are three so far...

Rescue Rangers was a lie!

lukasz_pro

Saiyan Prince
Years
I wanna let you guys know that I won't be uploading any screenies nor will I be updating you guys about the progress of the hack anymore?

Anyway, yeah, I won't be posting some updates 'cause the new ones are really really spoilery, and I don't want to spoil the fun~

Bro that part makes me almost heart attack XD
no more jokes like this :E

Years

I must say Jagold, for a lazy guy, you surely managed to pull of a lot of stuff. You deserve to pat yourself on the back! But you must remember Jagold, goats are like mushrooms. If you shoot a duck, I'm scared of toasters.. And you call us weird hmph >:/...

Anyways carry on with your currently not so lazy progress :D

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
Omg. My heart almost stop beating. Please don't make a joke again. For a lazy hacker, you can pull good jokes. Anyways, glad to know that you did some pretty awesome progress! I hope to see some screenies of maps at least!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
And here I thought we would be finally free of DJG's ideas.

Oh yea, April's Fools never ends =D

Anyways... just why is part 5 in higher percentage than part 4? xD
Do you hate part 4 that much? xD

I wanted to see the bee... It's sad to see it cancelled... but why heart attack because of bee?
People, you really liked the bee that much?

Sniper

ふゆかい
Years
And here I thought we would be finally free of DJG's ideas.

Oh yea, April's Fools never ends =D

Anyways... just why is part 5 in higher percentage than part 4? xD
Do you hate part 4 that much? xD

I wanted to see the bee... It's sad to see it cancelled... but why heart attack because of bee?
People, you really liked the bee that much?

Oh my gosh, I didn't notice the bee! </3 I still wanna see screenies though :( Show spoiler on meh only

Years
EVERYBODY TALKS TOO MUCH D:

Okay, enough with the crazy talk, I'm with Satoshi. Why does part 5 have more percentage than part 4.... I am gonna take a wild guess and say that it is a filler part, isn't that right Jagold? Anyways carry on. But remember...... You know what forget it....

Alex Night

Charmander Shepard
Years
Oh dear, somebody is embodying the spirit of Masahiro Sakurai. :P I will admit that the 5% on part 4 is weird while the part 5 is 25%. I can't wait to see what other genius creations will be in store for the Broken Timeline. I haven't even gotten started on doing challenge streams for any of the Ruby Destiny games.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
When a beta comes out, you guys will know why part 5 has more updated progress than part 4. :P
...at least, I hope you can figure it out when the beta does come out.

Anyway, Part 3 is completely done.
Next weekend, I'm going to finish my planned extensions on Part 1, and then...I dunno which part I'll be moving after that. Part 2, maybe~

Also, Chapter 1 progress is now on the first post, if you guys are curious~

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
Years

man,I Think my Heart Skipped a beat... Psych XD . At least there's some Progress, I wanna see some Screenshots.:|

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 13, 2017
You know, Ruby Destiny Reign of Legends was the very first hack I played. I remember seeing the Life of Guardians announcement and becoming extremely hyped. Now this is even better. Years later and it seems to be going great! Good luck! (Great ideas so far, by the way!)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
pls use default r/s/e music in caves,cities,etc.it has awesome musics in it.
I can't agree with you there. Not about the music being good, but using original themes in place of custom ones. Even though I haven't played Chrono Cross, I have been rather pleased with the latest music choices in Rube Destiny, and I really like to see when hackers add (or even compose) new music because it not only gives the player the motivation to play with their volume on, but it gives something of an edge to the hack in terms of uniqueness.

I mean, there are boatloads of hacks that use the default music, and thus, the average hack forum player will have to listen to themes they already spend a lot of time with over and over and over again. Back when I was big time into hacks, I actually got sick of Fire Red music because of it, especially being a hacker myself. So seeing hacks with new music is a nice breath of air that makes it feel less like one is playing the original game and more like they are exploring a new creation entirely.

Back