• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Need more console games

Years
  • Seen Feb 5, 2023
Yeah we have Pokken Monsters, and that's cool but like Smash Bros. is way better in my opinion. Don't you guys think that we need more main Pokemon games for the Nintendo Wii U? Why in the world would they not make another game like Gale of Darkness or Colosseum, those games were amazing! Also, I feel like they could do more with a console games, they could integrate an amiibo-like system with certain Pokemon cards and make a ridiculous amount of money that way.

Years
Yeah I think we do need more console Pokemon games, but I think with the Switch coming that'll happen. If the rumours are true, we'll get a version of the main series games on the Switch and they'll no doubt be spinoffs too, with the Pokemon games finally united on one platform, I can see a lot of success coming from it.

blue

gucci
Years
Hopefully, that's going to be their plans moving forward onto the Switch. Even just to have another game similar to Colosseum/XD would be satisfying enough imo. With the Switch coming so long after the launch of the 3DS, I can't see how they wouldn't inevitably transition main series games over to that console eventually.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2019
Yeah the cost of making HD Wii U games is why we saw far less spinoff titles - Pokkén was both a port of an arcade game that made was already making money and only has a small number of detailed playable characters to chose from while every other model was a rextutre from the 3DS games.

And as said, the Colo/XD/PBR series is redundant now, and the decision was probably made not to continue producing them as XD and PBR both sold less copies than Colosseum.

Back