• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: HackMew's Tools Factory [A-Ptch released]

Frostbite

Ace Trainer
Years
My Graduatory
  • 1st Place: Advance Trainer
    Reason: I would love to have a WORKING trainer editor unlike PET. PET is just trash and can get very confusing. The tool often runs into other trainer's offsets and also the only pokemon moves that you are only allowed to customize are the gym leader's / elite 4. I'd like to see a fully functioning, clean, and easy trainer editor.
  • 2nd Place: Pokémon Editor Advance
    Reason: Seems like a good idea. I'd like to see a Pokemon entry editor with FR support. Not just that but, a tool with many functionalities. I like the sound of that, it would save me a lot of space in my tool folder. ;)
  • 3rd Place: Shinyzer
    Reason: It sounds pretty good and takes out all of hassle of ASM hacking. I'd like to have a tool like this. :P
  • 4th Place: Advance Item
    Reason: I really like item editing, this will make things very easy for some hackers.
  • 5th Place: Titlescreen Cry Changer
    Reason: Sounds like a fun tool. With this, we wont be hearing the same charizard cry every time we play a FR/LG hack. It gives more customization to the title screen which allows the creator to be more creative.
  • 6th Place: eXtreme Script Editor
    Reason: I like the sound of this tool however, I would not see myself using it much.
  • 7th Place: Strengther
    Reason: A good tool if you want to make custom pokemon types but, I would just prefer the traditional typing. :/

Also it's spelt "screenshots" not "screenshoots" ^^;

lightor

Banana Pie Co.
Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2008
Yess!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had been waiting for something like this
thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hellsing

The bird of Hermes is my name
Years
I'm not sure if I should be asking here anymore, because as you can see this is all filled with peoples' graduatories, but...for Overworld Editor RE whenever my cursor goes onto the pallette, Overworld Editor RE says "Runtime error 9, subscript is out of range" or something like that. It's been killing me.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
I'm looking for the Pokemon Editor Advance but I do not see the download on the first post or anywhere in this thread, yet I have seen references to it in this contest. Where can I find it?

M i n a t o //

Listen to the Stereo
Years
I'm looking for the Pokemon Editor Advance but I do not see the download on the first post or anywhere in this thread, yet I have seen references to it in this contest. Where can I find it?

If you have even bothered to READ this thread, you would know that he is PLANNING to make Pokemon Editor Advance.

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
Chill bro. This is a lot of information to take in at one time, so I had to scan over this thread, among others, just to get the basic idea of how to ROM hack. But thanks.

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
Thanks for the feedback! And remember there are just 5 days left to vote! :)

I'm not sure if I should be asking here anymore, because as you can see this is all filled with peoples' graduatories, but...for Overworld Editor RE whenever my cursor goes onto the pallette, Overworld Editor RE says "Runtime error 9, subscript is out of range" or something like that. It's been killing me.

Actually I've already fixed that bug, even if nobody were supposed to drag the cursor on the palette :P
Hopefully I'll release a fixed version later.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
wow... five days to go... I'm getting excited. what are you gonna do, HM..? the top 1, or the top 3..? or something else..?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
wow... five days to go... I'm getting excited. what are you gonna do, HM..? the top 1, or the top 3..? or something else..?

First of all I'll start working on the first, of course. Then I'll proceed with the second, the third and so on.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
First of all I'll start working on the first, of course. Then I'll proceed with the second, the third and so on.

ah... ok. I can't wait then! Wheeeeeeeeeee! I wish you the best of luck to everything you desire to do!

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
And that means that we'll soon have a Trainer Editor (bye bye PET ;P)

By the way, according to PET, there are only a few trainer classes that enable you to edit the trainer's Pokemon's attacks (and they are not just the GymLeader, Rival, E4 and Champion classes, there are more). Unless you can skip that "problem", you should remember that.

Well, wishing you luck for when you start the programming!

Years
  • Seen Mar 7, 2011
So I assume you will be doing it in this order?

1. eXtreme Script Editor with 117 points
2. Advance Trainer with 89 points
3. Pokémon Editor Advance with 86 points
4. Shinyzer with 80 Points
5. Advance Item with 65 points
6. Titlescreen Cry Changer with 60 points
7. Strengther with 35 points

Don't mean to bug you but approximately how long does each program take to make? I have a buddy whose been working on a model converter program for another game which has been taking him quite a while.

Antwhan

setting up for the big beta
Years
# Advance Trainer
Pet universally sux and no movement to improve it pisses me off...and everyone know u can do it the best

# Pokémon Editor Advance
Useful for people adding new pkmn to hacks liek myself...

# eXtreme Script Editor
cool, but yeah....scripting is still gonna be the same..

# Titlescreen Cry Changer
Nice but i'm ny going to mess w/ that yet

# Shinyzer
Shinies rock and the full way is painful for noobs, but it's nt needed in the community...

# Strengther
cool in concept, but seems esy to hex it if needed to be done...

# Advance Item
Don't need it for anything in the future...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 5, 2022
this is not the place for that you are looking for the game making section for that

cooley

///Keepin' it simple
Years
My first time posting My list here....Well here goes.

1. Advance Trainer
This is the most needed tool on my list. PET isn't well put, and it is Glitchy.

2. Pokemon Editor Advance
I really want to insert new pokemon, but I don't feel like replacing Any...

3. Shinyzer
MX's Method isn't all that friendly to noob's...xD

4. Extreme script editor

What's wrong with pokescript? Hopefully this will be better, and more friendly to noob's.

5. Titlescreen cry changer

Dabonstew has already made it, but Maybe yours will have support for Hoenn Pokemon.

6. Strengther
Good Idea, But I don't see why I would need it....

7.Advance Item
Many programs have a feature to edit Items thus, meaning I don't need it.

D-Trogh

Dead
Years
4. Extreme script editor
What's wrong with pokescript? Hopefully this will be better, and more friendly to noob's.
Well..
PokéScript doesn't compile very well.
It doesn't decompile at all.. Or nobody really knows how XD
Of course XSE will be beter.. Andrea, Martin and me discoverd a lot of 'new' commands..
So, scripting with XSE will be easier + the scripts will be more advanced ;)

ZodiacDaGreat

Working on a Mobile System
Years
Well..
Of course XSE will be beter.. Andrea, Martin and me discoverd a lot of 'new' commands..

Judging by what you've just said, will XSE have the free-space search function like pokescript? Because, honestly its boring searching for free space manually.

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
Well..

Wow, that sounds very good,
I can't wait for this, because im not that much of a good scripter myself:P

~Celebi

Back