• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fanfiction Lounge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bay

Years
Woah, you guys are going too fast! Slow it down! D:

Since Feign's questions got ignored:

Here's a question for you guys (not bold mind you): Should I keep up with a comical-like Team Rocket, like the anime, in my fic? They won't have a big role in the fic, and it might help with a comical attitude, considering how dark the fic may get too. Thoughts?
I prefer Team Rocket with gunts that can use guns because Team Rocket is supposed to be an organization to be feared, really. :P However, I do like Team Rocket in the anime, so I guess you can go to that route.

Also, going to answer this:

Why do you like Pokemon?
Lots of reason. The creatures, the teams (yes, I like them :P), the different occupations, the world, basically almost everything. Also, the fandom is flexible compared to other fandoms when it comes to fanfiction. Pokemon has its set of canon rules, but they're not strict and such like other fandoms and also can lead to different interpretations.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Why do you like Pokemon?
The flexibility and enjoyment of the games, really. And recently, like Bay, I've found that Pokémon has an incredibly flexible canon for fanfiction. And, of course, without it, there'd be no PC. XD;

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Why do you like Pokemon?
I first got into Pokemon when my mom bought me the official Nintendo player's guide for Red and Blue. I was astounded and drawn in by the monsters on the cover, and didn't even open the book for over half an hour. I really don't know what I like/d Pokemon so much, but I have always been fascinated with worlds imagined and created so thoroughly they seem real. Pokemon was something to discover and explore. It's inspired my writing in many ways.

txteclipse

The Last
Years
Why do you like Pokemon?

I like Pokémon because I grew up with the franchise, and it still manages to interest me. That's not easy. Also because the games are some of the best around and because of the awesome fandom built around the whole thing.

Geeze, it's like asking why people like Legend of Zelda or Mario. Except, of course, I like pokémon even better than those.

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Gah! Sorry, I alluded to it in my post, but it should have been part of the boldness, just for clarity's sake, as well as to see if people will fully answer the question ;)

Why do you like Pokemon, in terms of meaningful relationships? (inanimate or animate of course).

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
Just think of it as something you associate with. Or rather, like a relationship with a parent - to the same, or similar to Pokemon. While it may not be in the same league (thus an association), one might have it as a relationship.

Here's an example:

I like playing cards with my friends, because it makes me happy.

*late night thinking atm I think* >.>

Bay

Years
Bah, missed that part of the question due to me trying to read most of the posts here. D:

Hm, in terms of relationships? Not actually sure what kind of question is that, but I'll try. I guess if the Pokemon world is real, me having Pokemon and all, it's journeying and growing with them. Not only has my Pokemon grown in terms of both strength and mentality, but me also. It's a great feeling that your Pokemon has come from a long way but so do you. Hoped I answered this okay. D:

Edit: Ninjaed. >.> I still stand corrected by my answer, though. :P

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
Years
I play Pokemon because it's one helluva game. It has lastability.
I immerse myself in the fandom because again, lastability. Pokemon will go on and on and on. It's a great thing.

Citrinin

Nephrotoxic.
Years
Feign said:
Just think of it as something you associate with. Or rather, like a relationship with a parent - to the same, or similar to Pokemon. While it may not be in the same league (thus an association), one might have it as a relationship.

Here's an example:

I like playing cards with my friends, because it makes me happy.

*late night thinking atm I think* >.>
So, just to clarify, the question basically asks what role Pokémon played in your social life?

Feign

Clain
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2023
So, just to clarify, the question basically asks what role Pokémon played in your social life?

Not quite. You could play the game by yourself, in a cubicle for all your life, without meeting anyone else, and still have a relationship with it. What I am wondering, is if said relationship is meaningful, or is it by association, and if it is one or the other, that you would answer the question properly (of which I would not tell you how to answer just yet, as that was what I was going to reveal later). ;)

Caliban

Trying to change my life, brb~
Years
I'm not saying the books are totally bad either, but I've been forced to pass most of them up because they simply didn't interest me. The whole Star Wars concept bores me, though the writing on a few of the writers is probably good. I don't know.

The Saga of the Seven Suns has received nothing but bad reviews. It's rife full of plot holes, one-dimensional characters, plot-lines introduced and discarded within paragraphs, and just plain bad writing. Plus it was seven books for no good reason other than to match up with the "seven suns" bit.

Gosh, you really don't like him. My current problem is that it's proving hard to work out how to send you a virus without knowing your email address find something that I like that you do respect. Other than P.A. fantasy.
There's a certain mod somewhere around here who seems to have a fetish for Ender... I'd at least pretend to tolerate OSC... ;)

I'm not saying you're blanket-dissing Star Wars, period, but the books. You say, then, that you have read more than one. Which authors did you read? Admittedly, some are crap, but there are really good Star Wars books out there. I haven't read a majority of them, so all I'll say is that I've liked most of the ones I have read. Have you read any by Karen Traviss, Drew Karpyshyn? and Kevin J. Anderson is tha man. Ever read the Saga of Seven Suns?

PS: You get cookies if you can tell where the guy in my new avatar comes from, and cake if you can name him.

Kehekehekehekehekehekehekehekehe~nya!
Your avatar is from Battle Royale. I'm off to Google the name. ;)

Oh, yeah. Bane.

B > C > Y < M

Where...
Spoiler:

Why I like Pokemon in terms of social relationships?
My cousin had Gold, which I played while he was staying with us, and he gave me Ruby. Then my friend turned out to love Pokemon, and so I was constantly exposed to it from all fronts.
So I either liked it or died. Can you guess which?

Thrawn, anyone?

EDIT: Feign, I'll edit this when you make your epic reveal.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Gosh, you really don't like him. My current problem is that it's proving hard to work out how to send you a virus without knowing your email address find something that I like that you do respect. Other than P.A. fantasy.
There's a certain mod somewhere around here who seems to have a fetish for Ender... I'd at least pretend to tolerate OSC... ;)
I'm not the only one that doesn't like him. I go to a board dedicated to the original Dune series that is frequented by several linguists and English teachers. The man has outright lied to us, and written horrible books and tried to pass them off as canon. We have documented evidence of his lies, his nearly conspiratorial tactics (paying and providing gifts to people in exchange for writing good reviews; working with Amazon.Com and other sites to remove negative reviews), inconsistencies in his work that prove that no notes were found, and finally that he writes on a level that can only be compared to Stephanie Meyer. He is not a well-liked man in either the fandoms or industry.

Why do you want to send me a virus?

Ender's Game
is one of my favorite books of all time, with Ender's Shadow being a close tie and Speaker for the Dead beating them both out. My qualms with OSC are only the atrocious writing style and lazy work done on the sequels.

Caliban

Years
?taht od ot tnaw I dluow yhW ?suriv a uoy dnep, it comes out like this: BACKWARDS!!!!
u sekcol ti elihw epyt I nehw dna ,pu gnikccol neeb sah retupmoc yM-W
.parc si hcih

So, yeah.

Maybe you think he's a Dune-destroying pervert, but have you read Mount Olympus or Resurrection, Inc.?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
?taht od ot tnaw I dluow yhW ?suriv a uoy dnep, it comes out like this: BACKWARDS!!!!
u sekcol ti elihw epyt I nehw dna ,pu gnikccol neeb sah retupmoc yM-W
.parc si hcih

So, yeah.

Maybe you think he's a Dune-destroying pervert, but have you read Mount Olympus or Resurrection, Inc.?
Like I said, I'm not the only one. The official Dune novels literally get no new posts because the admin is under strict orders to ban anyone that asks questions on inconsistencies in the new books, or posts critical reviews on them. He's even deleted entire threads and sub-forums to keep it quiet. The entire forum is abandoned, while our forum gets literally (we have the numbers) 4x the amount of activity.

You mean Climbing Olympus, which is a rather pedestrian book that seems to rip off the themes of Bradbury's Martian Chronicles as well as the Mars series. Sounds like same-old same-old from Keith.

And we kinda ripped Resurrection, Inc. apart on the forum as being full of plot holes and, again, bad writing. We've looked into all his work.

Caliban

Years
Like I said, I'm not the only one. The official Dune novels literally get no new posts because the admin is under strict orders to ban anyone that asks questions on inconsistencies in the new books, or posts critical reviews on them. He's even deleted entire threads and sub-forums to keep it quiet. The entire forum is abandoned, while our forum gets literally (we have the numbers) 4x the amount of activity.

You mean Climbing Olympus, which is a rather pedestrian book that seems to rip off the themes of Bradbury's Martian Chronicles as well as the Mars series. Sounds like same-old same-old from Keith.

And we kinda ripped Resurrection, Inc. apart on the forum as being full of plot holes and, again, bad writing. We've looked into all his work.

Thanks for correcting me on the "Climbing Olympus" "Mount Olympus" mix-up.

Can we leave it as said that we agree to disagree on KJA? And not talk about it?

Now, did any of you go to the Thrawn link?

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2016
Can we leave it as said that we agree to disagree on KJA? And not talk about it?

Now, did any of you go to the Thrawn link?
No problem here. You can like him if you will; many do.

He looks like Nightcrawler.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back