• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
It probably does, which is why I recommend playing on Hard/Classic. It's a good challenge unless you're overleveled, especially if you take on the Extra teams and Paralouges (all of which are more difficult than the main story). I've been playing on Classic/Hard since the beginning, and I haven't tried out Normal, but I definitely recommend Hard if you're thinking that the game's too easy (though really, I'd still recommend it otherwise).
I already am playing on Hard/Classic though. I said earlier it's not FE to me if it's not challenging and if units don't die, haha.

Though I think it's an equal balance as a Strategy game and an RPG. I think supports, class changes, and pair ups feel more at home in a Strategy RPG than, if not as much as, pretty much any other genre, they just make sense in the context of war and battle. Plus, since RPGs are a very broad genre, and there's not really such thing as just a "Generic RPG" game (it always has to be attached to something else), I don't really think the RPG aspects can overpower the Strategy aspects unless it were a Strategy game with RPG elements.
Eh, I always liked the strategy aspect of FE, but this one really seem to emphasize the RPG elements to me and feels designed around it. Maybe it'd be different on Lunatic.

Sir Codin

Eh, I'm just going to restart my file and do everything I was going for (with some differences).

I'm doing Hard Classic, but I restart whenever I lose a unit. Way I see it, every unit is precious and I should treat them just like Chrom and the Avatar...if even one dies, game over, start the mission again. Personally, I think that's even more encouragement to not eff up your moves, cuz if you let even one die, start again.

I'm also thinking of doing a Lunatic/Classic with a female avatar...and this one I'll let characters die.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Oh my god chapter 5 difficulty spike. So hard to not let a single person die.

I need to change my defensive playstyle and be more aggressive. The reinforcements and Rick/Maribelle's (why do they die so fast?) starting position absolutely destroy any strategic planning I make. I also might have to reconsider using Vaike in this, but Frederick is the only other option I have because Kellam will get destroyed by all the axe users. (Never mind the fact I'm using Sully and Donnel already) Jesus.

This would have been so much easier if it weren't for Rick and Maribelle. Or the reinforcements. But both? bleh

EDIT: I might just let Rick and Maribelle die because I don't plan on using them. But at the same time, I don't want anyone dead (it's part of the fun!) and I want their Wind and Mend for other characters.

Last edited:

tigerBLADE

1000://PowHammers
Years
Oh my god chapter 5 difficulty spike. So hard to not let a single person die.

I need to change my defensive playstyle and be more aggressive. The reinforcements and Rick/Maribelle's (why do they die so fast?) starting position absolutely destroy any strategic planning I make. I also might have to reconsider using Vaike in this, but Frederick is the only other option I have because Kellam will get destroyed by all the axe users. (Never mind the fact I'm using Sully and Donnel already) Jesus.

This would have been so much easier if it weren't for Rick and Maribelle. Or the reinforcements. But both? bleh

What I did was that I tried to pair them up, and put them at the bottom corner near the cliff, and let my strongest and most mobile units reach to them. Option B, you can try and use a Rescue staff if you have a unit that has a high enough Staff level. Either way can work!

Otherwise, yeah, those Wyvern Riders are annoying to keep track of. :x

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
That's what I do and it works. My avatar is overpowered at this point (Especially with Stahl support) so she makes quick work of the ones near Ricks/Maribelle.

But that eliminates one problem. Since one unit is bound to die if I don't have Miss One Hit Kill near in case of emergencies. (which happens a lot, stupid wyvern riders) Guess I'll try making everyone close to each other quicker instead, because I'm generally too slow and observant.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
You have Morgan as a female, right?

Morgan can have a support with Lucina if he was male. :)
Really? Hm...I guess I'll have to wait until next playthrough, then.

Oh, and I've finally reached the Endgame. Without spoilers, you guys think I should do the paralogues?
Given the momentum I had (3 chapters in a couple of hours, which, for me, is almost unheard of, given that I usually do hours, if not days of optional battles in between), I don't know if I want to do them, but...

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Really? Hm...I guess I'll have to wait until next playthrough, then.

Oh, and I've finally reached the Endgame. Without spoilers, you guys think I should do the paralogues?
Given the momentum I had (3 chapters in a couple of hours, which, for me, is almost unheard of, given that I usually do hours, if not days of optional battles in between), I don't know if I want to do them, but...

If you can beat the Paralouges before the Endgame, then you'd definitely be ready for the Endgame, imo.
Because arguably, some of them are quite harder than the Endgame. @__@;

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
Years
Just beat the game tonight. It's definitely my favorite 3DS game so far and I think it's actually beaten PoR/RD as my favorite Fire Emblem. I didn't think I'd like the characters as much as I did, the plot was well-done, and the additions to the gameplay were fantastic.

Endgame can be difficult if you don't watch yourself. I didn't have too much trouble with it by just rushing the boss, but I had to restart twice because of stupid lucky criticals from Assassins with Killing Edges. >_>

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I didn't attempt to go for the final boss until a lot of my characters were approaching the stat cap for their class, that and I got a crit on it and pretty much oneshotted it :l Worst way to end a game. So I went back and fought it again :P

tabor62

Years
Eh, I'd download all the DLC maps, but the cost money, and money is not something I have at the moment so no. What kinds of bonus conversations anyhow? You mean like the map where they're all in swimsuits or something?

ManaphyLv100

Legendary Ranger
Years
One word: Frederick.
Man, is that guy a badass. And I paired him with Nowi, just because. Actually, it was Awkward Zombie's fault, but still.
I had Robin marry Lissa in my first playthrough, because Lissa's cute. Went with Normal/Classic, even though it's my first FE. Now I'm playing it again on Hard/Newcomer. It's quite a different experience.
Lon'qu with Lethality is about the coolest thing ever, besides the aforementioned Frederick. It's awesome when you get: 'How well will you die?' Splat! Especially if you couldn't normally have killed the target.
And characters that die in the final boss come back when you play the same save again. Saves me trying to keep them all there.
I do wish that the sound test was like the Sky Jukebox, though.

tabor62

Years
http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/02/fire-emblem-dlc-censored-in-north-america

And I was really looking forward to seeing Tharja's nice a-

UM...I MEAN...I'm appalled at how Japan objectifies women, shame on them.

Not only that, but they took out the sparkles!

HOW DARE THEY DEPRAV-

Ahem, for the good of America, I support this.

One word: Frederick.
Man, is that guy a badass. And I paired him with Nowi, just because. Actually, it was Awkward Zombie's fault, but still.
I had Robin marry Lissa in my first playthrough, because Lissa's cute. Went with Normal/Classic, even though it's my first FE. Now I'm playing it again on Hard/Newcomer. It's quite a different experience.
Lon'qu with Lethality is about the coolest thing ever, besides the aforementioned Frederick. It's awesome when you get: 'How well will you die?' Splat! Especially if you couldn't normally have killed the target.
And characters that die in the final boss come back when you play the same save again. Saves me trying to keep them all there.
I do wish that the sound test was like the Sky Jukebox, though.

You like Frederick? 0.o To be honest, he isn't bad, but be isn't all that great either. That's the thing with jeigans, they seem awesome at first, but then lag behind everyone else later. And the reason the characters come back after you defeat the final boss is because you technically can't beat it. Haven't you noticed that it just resets the save file back to before you played it? Either that, or I'm going senile already D:

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Chapter 5 ended up...a lot easier with Frederick. I felt like since I wasn't gonna risk babysitting Donny on a chapter like this might as well use Frederick for the last time (I hope). Luckily he didn't end up hogging all the EXP. I got Alm's Sword apparently.

Honestly, the more I play this game, the less I like it. I'm still early so I can't pass on proper judgment, though.

Also looks like my avatar is going for Stahl. Guess I'm pairing Lon'Qu with Sully, then. Best male with best female, why not? (their first support conversation was pretty cool.)

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/02/fire-emblem-dlc-censored-in-north-america

And I was really looking forward to seeing Tharja's nice a-

UM...I MEAN...I'm appalled at how Japan objectifies women, shame on them.

Not only that, but they took out the sparkles!
Whoa wait, this is real? Has a Nintendo game ever had fanservice like this before? Just curious, because that's a first to me.

...I just imagined Sully in a swimsuit. lol

EDIT: Oh god, the comments say that could be someone's cape. LOL

That's the thing with jeigans, they seem awesome at first, but then lag behind everyone else later.
Unless your name is Seth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back