• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Graphics] Edit NDS maps

Years
  • Seen Jun 18, 2020
Hi everyone,

I tried to edit NDS maps. It's easy to add or remove some buildings, but I can't edit the "base" of the map. In SDSME, we can export the 3D Model and then edit it in Sketchup, but is there a way to "remove" this 3D model with hex-editing only ? For example, can I put some grass everywhere instead of sand, trees, etc. ?

I think I am dreaming, but why not ? :p

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 20, 2017
Hi everyone,

I tried to edit NDS maps. It's easy to add or remove some buildings, but I can't edit the "base" of the map. In SDSME, we can export the 3D Model and then edit it in Sketchup, but is there a way to "remove" this 3D model with hex-editing only ? For example, can I put some grass everywhere instead of sand, trees, etc. ?

I think I am dreaming, but why not ? :p

I don't know how to help you but I know than Mikelan (the creator of Light Platinum DS) has created a tool for make new maps easily. (j'esp?re que sa pourra t'aider ^^)

https://twitter.com/lightplatinumds/status/866988461013831680

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 20, 2017
Un français ! :D

Thanks a lot, I will try it.

The tool is still in development. He is not complete.
Oui oui je suis français. Je ne pense pas que le tool puisse t'aider pour ce que tu demandes mais si tu t'intéresses au hacking DS, tu devrais surveiller l'avancement du dévellopement du tool

KJGungeon

Rom-hacker, & Researcher
Years
It's possible check out this thread but I warn you it's not fully updated yet. I can gurantee any map editing works for any game and importing is easier than it is then. The only thing we can't perfect is animations in the newer 5th roms but in HGSS it still runs 7 animated tiles making you put more effort into making the maps.

Thread link:
https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=394582

Back