Pokémon Trading Card Game The forum for the Pokémon TCG and Pokemon TCG Online. Post your deck to get rated, rate other decks, ask questions, talk about strategy, etc.

Draconius GO
Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old July 12th, 2017 (7:45 PM).
donavannj's Avatar
donavannj donavannj is offline
  • Moderator
  • Crystal Tier
TCGO: donavannj
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
Age: 27
Gender: Male
Posts: 21,259
Quote:
Originally Posted by icycatelf View Post
Classic Japanese jumbos all used these "bloated" Energy symbols (seen on Energy Cards), including the Asian-English Charizard jumbo (which, rather annoyingly, also screams counterfeit due to having the foil pattern in the background without actually being holo). They didn't start using the standard symbols on Japanese jumbos until the Neo-series. You won't find any images without them.
Huh. TIL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undeadninja17 View Post
So i have some cards and just wondering if they are worth anything. Just showing rares and odd cards, i also have some really large cards.
Appears I'm wrong about the Jumbos, sorry!
__________________
idol trash and game nerd
Reply With Quote

Relevant Advertising!

  #77    
Old July 14th, 2017 (7:41 PM).
Kayti Clayton Kayti Clayton is offline
    TCGO:
     
    Join Date: Jul 2017
    Posts: 1
    I have a meowth that I believe is from a fruit roll up promo in the 90's The illustrator is Arita and the card is trimmed in shiny gold. I have seen this before but my particular card has an error with a little bit of the shiny gold material in the middle of the card above "pay day"
    Reply With Quote
      #78    
    Old July 15th, 2017 (12:40 PM).
    Harambelover Harambelover is offline
      TCGO:
       
      Join Date: Jul 2017
      Posts: 1
      Hello, i was checking my cards (all from Call of Heroes) and i found 2 interesting things:

      -I found a Shiny Rayquaza, no foil no holo, just the shiny rayquaza in the yellow border. Does that mean that its fake? because i cant find one like it anywhere. How much is it worth if its real?

      -A fail of printing Ursaring, instead of Ursaring it says Uursaring. Does that means its fake? How much is it worth if not?

      Thank you for the answers, if need a pic just tell me.
      Reply With Quote
        #79    
      Old July 16th, 2017 (8:25 PM).
      donavannj's Avatar
      donavannj donavannj is offline
      • Moderator
      • Crystal Tier
      TCGO: donavannj
       
      Join Date: Mar 2005
      Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
      Age: 27
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 21,259
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Kayti Clayton View Post
      I have a meowth that I believe is from a fruit roll up promo in the 90's The illustrator is Arita and the card is trimmed in shiny gold. I have seen this before but my particular card has an error with a little bit of the shiny gold material in the middle of the card above "pay day"
      Chances are it's not an error, but rather damage from a nick the card received. Probably worth slightly less than the others at something like $1 to $2.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Harambelover View Post
      Hello, i was checking my cards (all from Call of Heroes) and i found 2 interesting things:

      -I found a Shiny Rayquaza, no foil no holo, just the shiny rayquaza in the yellow border. Does that mean that its fake? because i cant find one like it anywhere. How much is it worth if its real?

      -A fail of printing Ursaring, instead of Ursaring it says Uursaring. Does that means its fake? How much is it worth if not?

      Thank you for the answers, if need a pic just tell me.
      Based on your descriptions, both are counterfeits, assuming you mean Call of Legends.
      __________________
      idol trash and game nerd
      Reply With Quote
        #80    
      Old July 18th, 2017 (4:36 AM).
      Antonia Antonia is offline
        TCGO:
         
        Join Date: Jul 2017
        Posts: 1
        Today I was looking through my old Pokémon collection and found a card that looks just like Charizard from the base set, but it's reverse Holo (it reflects in the shape of fireworks) and next to the length and weight of the Pokémon there is a symbol (I couldn't find anywhere what it means) that looks like a medallion. At the bottom of the card it reads 2002 Pokémon/Nintendo 3/110 *
        Everything else is exactly like the Charizard from the base set. What card is this? How much is it worth.. or is it fake?
        Reply With Quote
          #81    
        Old July 18th, 2017 (5:34 AM). Edited July 18th, 2017 by icycatelf.
        icycatelf's Avatar
        icycatelf icycatelf is online now
        Fake Card Artist
          TCGO:
           
          Join Date: Feb 2005
          Location: Kentucky
          Age: 27
          Gender: Male
          Nature: Timid
          Posts: 2,117
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Antonia View Post
          Today I was looking through my old Pokémon collection and found a card that looks just like Charizard from the base set, but it's reverse Holo (it reflects in the shape of fireworks) and next to the length and weight of the Pokémon there is a symbol (I couldn't find anywhere what it means) that looks like a medallion. At the bottom of the card it reads 2002 Pokémon/Nintendo 3/110 *
          Everything else is exactly like the Charizard from the base set. What card is this? How much is it worth.. or is it fake?
          This is a real Charizard card from the Legendary Collection. If it's in really good condition (near-mint), it seems to be going for about $80. More if it's mint, less if it has noticeable wear.
          __________________



          3DS Friend Code: 4081-5742-6200 • deviantARTGaiaOnline
          Reply With Quote
            #82    
          Old July 23rd, 2017 (6:38 PM).
          Chris129 Chris129 is offline
            TCGO:
             
            Join Date: Jul 2017
            Posts: 1
            I wasn't able to find information on this card when looking around the web, so hoping maybe some of you guys can help me. I've had this card since I was a kid and kept it in pretty good shape. Most of my cards are worthless, but this one always had a special place in my heart for the weird watermark it came with. Looks like a little green stone or something.

            As I have no interest in cards and cannot post links at this time, please message me if you can help and I'll link it that way, I guess. I don't want to waste your time with 5 random posts from myself.

            Cheers,
            Chris
            Reply With Quote
              #83    
            Old July 23rd, 2017 (9:10 PM).
            donavannj's Avatar
            donavannj donavannj is offline
            • Moderator
            • Crystal Tier
            TCGO: donavannj
             
            Join Date: Mar 2005
            Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
            Age: 27
            Gender: Male
            Posts: 21,259
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by Chris129 View Post
            I wasn't able to find information on this card when looking around the web, so hoping maybe some of you guys can help me. I've had this card since I was a kid and kept it in pretty good shape. Most of my cards are worthless, but this one always had a special place in my heart for the weird watermark it came with. Looks like a little green stone or something.

            As I have no interest in cards and cannot post links at this time, please message me if you can help and I'll link it that way, I guess. I don't want to waste your time with 5 random posts from myself.

            Cheers,
            Chris
            Very likely that it is a counterfeit. What language is it in?

            Also, you can upload pictures as attachments to posts to get around that linking limit (which exists solely to prevent spambots from posting links).
            __________________
            idol trash and game nerd
            Reply With Quote
              #84    
            Old July 24th, 2017 (1:44 AM).
            fighu fighu is offline
              TCGO:
               
              Join Date: Jul 2017
              Posts: 1
              Hi! So I went to the Japanese Osaka Pokemon Center in 2014 when the Phantom Gates collection got released. I pulled a japanese mega gengar ex and yes it is secret rare I checked. It is also 1st edition but I looked at other cards trying to get a good price but my card was different from others. i took a picture for you to see. Sorry the 1st edition sticker is too small to see.
              The japanese text in the card art is japanese and the card is also japanese. is this an issue or a misprint :3 because the english cards have japanese writing. Also how much do u reckon this card is? Ive been taking Good care of it and want to get it psa checked but just dont have the money rn. Also does anyone have any reccomendations to protect my cards to get a gem mint level. Also judging by the low quality pic sorry :3 what grade do you reckon this is? Thanks everyone :D
              Reply With Quote
                #85    
              Old July 24th, 2017 (7:50 PM).
              donavannj's Avatar
              donavannj donavannj is offline
              • Moderator
              • Crystal Tier
              TCGO: donavannj
               
              Join Date: Mar 2005
              Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
              Age: 27
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 21,259
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by fighu View Post
              Hi! So I went to the Japanese Osaka Pokemon Center in 2014 when the Phantom Gates collection got released. I pulled a japanese mega gengar ex and yes it is secret rare I checked. It is also 1st edition but I looked at other cards trying to get a good price but my card was different from others. i took a picture for you to see. Sorry the 1st edition sticker is too small to see.
              The japanese text in the card art is japanese and the card is also japanese. is this an issue or a misprint :3 because the english cards have japanese writing. Also how much do u reckon this card is? Ive been taking Good care of it and want to get it psa checked but just dont have the money rn. Also does anyone have any reccomendations to protect my cards to get a gem mint level. Also judging by the low quality pic sorry :3 what grade do you reckon this is? Thanks everyone :D
              Moved your post to the appropriate thread for this type of thing.

              As best as I can tell, this is how the card is supposed to be printed for that particular secret rare.

              Can't really give a grade on that, though, because 1) grainy pic and 2) I'm not exactly an expert on condition necessarily (at least, I don't fancy myself one).
              __________________
              idol trash and game nerd
              Reply With Quote
                #86    
              Old July 26th, 2017 (1:21 PM).
              Pokedoug Pokedoug is offline
                TCGO:
                 
                Join Date: Jul 2017
                Posts: 1
                Hi guys, Stumbled upon an old set of Pokémon cards and I have a pikachu card that I can’t find anywhere online. Anyone have any idea what it is?

                It’s a Japanese holo graphic number 25. Pikachu is jumping from the right to left side of the card, with lightning bolts coming out from all sides..
                Reply With Quote
                  #87    
                Old July 26th, 2017 (7:59 PM).
                donavannj's Avatar
                donavannj donavannj is offline
                • Moderator
                • Crystal Tier
                TCGO: donavannj
                 
                Join Date: Mar 2005
                Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                Age: 27
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 21,259
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by Pokedoug View Post
                Hi guys, Stumbled upon an old set of Pokémon cards and I have a pikachu card that I can’t find anywhere online. Anyone have any idea what it is?

                It’s a Japanese holo graphic number 25. Pikachu is jumping from the right to left side of the card, with lightning bolts coming out from all sides..
                Mind uploading a picture as an attachment? The thing about early Japanese cards is that they use the Pokedex number in the corner, though it should have a symbol of some sort to the lower right of the picture.
                __________________
                idol trash and game nerd
                Reply With Quote
                  #88    
                Old July 26th, 2017 (8:44 PM).
                Charizardcardvalue? Charizardcardvalue? is offline
                  TCGO:
                   
                  Join Date: Jul 2017
                  Posts: 2
                  Not too sure how much this is worth or how to tell small details... Could use some help.. Has this as a kid from '00 or '01... Got in a booster pack..
                  Attached Images
                  File Type: jpg 20170727_003814.jpg‎ (1.01 MB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                  Reply With Quote
                    #89    
                  Old July 27th, 2017 (1:03 AM).
                  xStrangerxDanger xStrangerxDanger is offline
                    TCGO:
                     
                    Join Date: Jul 2017
                    Posts: 5
                    Need pictures of the back and more of the front.
                    __________________
                    New Youtube Channel with Giveaways! Come check me out!
                    Click Here
                    Reply With Quote
                      #90    
                    Old July 27th, 2017 (3:35 AM). Edited July 27th, 2017 by Charizardcardvalue?.
                    Charizardcardvalue? Charizardcardvalue? is offline
                      TCGO:
                       
                      Join Date: Jul 2017
                      Posts: 2
                      What exactly do u want to see on the front?
                      Attached Images
                      File Type: jpg 20170727_073058.jpg‎ (978.7 KB, 0 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                      File Type: jpg 20170727_073232.jpg‎ (1,002.8 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                      Reply With Quote
                        #91    
                      Old July 28th, 2017 (2:28 AM).
                      polcjw polcjw is offline
                        TCGO:
                         
                        Join Date: Jul 2017
                        Posts: 1
                        Hey found these cards when I was cleaning out my place, are they worth anything?
                        Attached Images
                        File Type: jpg IMG_7300.jpg‎ (1.02 MB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                        File Type: jpg IMG_7297.jpg‎ (1.05 MB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                        File Type: jpg IMG_7298.jpg‎ (1.06 MB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                        File Type: jpg IMG_7302.jpg‎ (1.01 MB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                        File Type: jpg IMG_7303.jpg‎ (1.01 MB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                        Reply With Quote
                          #92    
                        Old July 28th, 2017 (6:12 AM).
                        Timety7 Timety7 is offline
                          TCGO:
                           
                          Join Date: Jul 2017
                          Posts: 1
                          Hi there,

                          This is my card, i don't know much about it.
                          It is 1st edition, but his name is not sudowoodo but Usokki.
                          And bottom right corner it says 185/82.

                          Thank you so much for now!

                          If you need a picture http :// imgur.com/a/wHf1W
                          ( cant post links)
                          Reply With Quote
                            #93    
                          Old July 28th, 2017 (9:19 PM).
                          BrianaaJoyy BrianaaJoyy is offline
                            TCGO:
                             
                            Join Date: Jul 2017
                            Posts: 2
                            I have been researching my boyfriends holographic rapidash (or so I believe, I dont speak Japanese), and I cant find a single thing on it!! It is a holographic card. Please help!
                            Attached Images
                            File Type: jpg 1501305460362456048269.jpg‎ (262.3 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                            Reply With Quote
                              #94    
                            Old July 29th, 2017 (12:55 AM).
                            Brendino's Avatar
                            Brendino Brendino is offline
                            Ω Good Bye & Good Night Ω
                            • Moderator
                            • Crystal Tier
                            • Social Media
                            TCGO:
                             
                            Join Date: Dec 2009
                            Nature: Quiet
                            Posts: 7,503
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by BrianaaJoyy View Post
                            I have been researching my boyfriends holographic rapidash (or so I believe, I dont speak Japanese), and I cant find a single thing on it!! It is a holographic card. Please help!
                            I know that the English equivalent would have been Blaine's Rapidash from the Gym Challenge series, though this was never holographic for the English release. I don't know much about the Japanese TCG cards though, so I'm going to move this thread over to our Pokemon TCG forum, and let the experts over there help you with this one!

                            MOVED.
                            __________________


                                   
                            Reply With Quote
                              #95    
                            Old July 29th, 2017 (3:42 AM).
                            lesglover lesglover is offline
                              TCGO:
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2017
                              Posts: 1
                              Hi
                              I have been going through my old Pokemon cards and found a Porygon card... but it's spelt Porigon with an I . I cannot find any info on the web and no other cards with the same spelling. Any one got any ideas .
                              Attached Images
                              File Type: jpg 20170729_122702.jpg‎ (1.03 MB, 13 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                              Reply With Quote
                                #96    
                              Old July 29th, 2017 (9:23 AM).
                              Kamijou's Avatar
                              Kamijou Kamijou is offline
                              • Moderator
                              • Platinum Tier
                              • PokéCommunity Daily
                              TCGO:
                               
                              Join Date: Jul 2011
                              Gender: Female
                              Posts: 2,647
                              Heya, and welcome to PC! I'm gonna move this over to the TCG section of the community. There, you can get your question answered. I hope you enjoy Pc!
                              Reply With Quote
                                #97    
                              Old July 29th, 2017 (9:50 AM).
                              BrianaaJoyy BrianaaJoyy is offline
                                TCGO:
                                 
                                Join Date: Jul 2017
                                Posts: 2
                                Much appreciated! Do you know if it is worth anything?
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #98    
                                Old July 29th, 2017 (1:56 PM).
                                donavannj's Avatar
                                donavannj donavannj is offline
                                • Moderator
                                • Crystal Tier
                                TCGO: donavannj
                                 
                                Join Date: Mar 2005
                                Location: 'cause it get cold like Minnesota
                                Age: 27
                                Gender: Male
                                Posts: 21,259
                                Gone ahead and merged all these into the thread for this stuff.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Charizardcardvalue? View Post
                                Not too sure how much this is worth or how to tell small details... Could use some help.. Has this as a kid from '00 or '01... Got in a booster pack..
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Charizardcardvalue? View Post
                                What exactly do u want to see on the front?
                                With that scratch/crease across the front of the card, I'd say it's probably worth $10 at most.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by polcjw View Post
                                Hey found these cards when I was cleaning out my place, are they worth anything?
                                Please see the first post of this thread and read rule 4. Those are all uncommons that are worth less than $0.50.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Timety7 View Post
                                Hi there,

                                This is my card, i don't know much about it.
                                It is 1st edition, but his name is not sudowoodo but Usokki.
                                And bottom right corner it says 185/82.

                                Thank you so much for now!

                                If you need a picture http :// imgur.com/a/wHf1W
                                ( cant post links)
                                Sorry, but that's a counterfeit card. Basically, what they did is too a scan of a Dark Muk card from the Team Rocket set and altered it substantially.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by BrianaaJoyy View Post
                                I have been researching my boyfriends holographic rapidash (or so I believe, I dont speak Japanese), and I cant find a single thing on it!! It is a holographic card. Please help!
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by Brendino View Post
                                I know that the English equivalent would have been Blaine's Rapidash from the Gym Challenge series, though this was never holographic for the English release. I don't know much about the Japanese TCG cards though, so I'm going to move this thread over to our Pokemon TCG forum, and let the experts over there help you with this one!

                                MOVED.
                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by BrianaaJoyy View Post
                                Much appreciated! Do you know if it is worth anything?

                                So what this is, it's a counterfeit card. No Pokemon card has ever used the holofoil pattern used on this card. It has no value whatsoever.

                                Quote:
                                Originally Posted by lesglover View Post
                                Hi
                                I have been going through my old Pokemon cards and found a Porygon card... but it's spelt Porigon with an I . I cannot find any info on the web and no other cards with the same spelling. Any one got any ideas .
                                The reason you can't find anything on this is that the card is a counterfeit.
                                __________________
                                idol trash and game nerd
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #99    
                                Old July 29th, 2017 (7:40 PM).
                                km8156 km8156 is offline
                                  TCGO:
                                   
                                  Join Date: Jul 2017
                                  Posts: 1
                                  I don't know if I'm in the right spot for this. I found these at a flea market and was wondering if anyone knew anything about them. Images should be attached.
                                  Attached Images
                                  File Type: jpg IMG_8036.jpg‎ (942.0 KB, 7 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                  File Type: jpg IMG_8037.jpg‎ (750.0 KB, 5 views) (Save to Dropbox)
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #100    
                                  Old July 30th, 2017 (8:27 AM).
                                  Ultra Decidueye's Avatar
                                  Ultra Decidueye Ultra Decidueye is online now
                                  The Arrow Quill Pokémon
                                  • PokéCommunity Daily
                                  • Platinum Tier
                                  TCGO: asdfghjkl1234
                                   
                                  Join Date: Nov 2015
                                  Location: Not Long Island
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Nature: Modest
                                  Posts: 1,127
                                  Old stuff, japanese, probably fake but I'm too lazy to actually check, not really worth anything.
                                  __________________

                                  Reply With Quote
                                  Reply

                                  Quick Reply

                                  Join the conversation!

                                  Create an account to post a reply in this thread, participate in other discussions, and more!

                                  Create a PokéCommunity Account

                                  Sponsored Links
                                  Thread Tools

                                  Posting Rules
                                  You may not post new threads
                                  You may not post replies
                                  You may not post attachments
                                  You may not edit your posts

                                  BB code is On
                                  Smilies are On
                                  [IMG] code is On
                                  HTML code is Off

                                  Forum Jump


                                  All times are GMT -8. The time now is 4:17 PM.