Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #251    
Old July 15th, 2017 (10:43 PM).
darkprince0521's Avatar
darkprince0521 darkprince0521 is offline
     
    Join Date: Sep 2016
    Gender: Male
    Posts: 12
    I started playing this game from yesterday. The game looks amazing with all those detailed mapping and the effects for battle animations are also cool. Gonna continue playing it, thanks to the creator for this cool game.

    With that said, only HM I got is Surf till now. However, it has only 65 power with 100 accuracy where it typically has 90 power with 100 accuracy. HM moves are normally a slot wasted for a pokemon with Surf being the only decent move. And it was too powered down? Is there any reason for it?
    Reply With Quote

    Relevant Advertising!

      #252    
    Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:41 AM).
    Jttyzzle's Avatar
    Jttyzzle Jttyzzle is offline
    Waifufag
       
      Join Date: Jun 2016
      Location: Texas
      Gender: Male
      Posts: 115
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Green Mudkip32 View Post
      Wow sounds like fun i am downloading it right now Wow very fun harder than nintendo's offical games
      Thanks. I want the game to be difficult, but not frustratingly difficult. If it ever gets too hard to where it's not fun, I think that's not good. If a situation like that ever comes up, please tell me.

      Quote:
      Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
      I started playing this game from yesterday. The game looks amazing with all those detailed mapping and the effects for battle animations are also cool. Gonna continue playing it, thanks to the creator for this cool game.

      With that said, only HM I got is Surf till now. However, it has only 65 power with 100 accuracy where it typically has 90 power with 100 accuracy. HM moves are normally a slot wasted for a pokemon with Surf being the only decent move. And it was too powered down? Is there any reason for it?
      It was a hard decision to make, but I think Surf definitely needs to be much weaker than normal to compensate for it being the first HM you get.
      Reply With Quote
        #253    
      Old 4 Weeks Ago (8:10 PM).
      darkprince0521's Avatar
      darkprince0521 darkprince0521 is offline
         
        Join Date: Sep 2016
        Gender: Male
        Posts: 12
        Quote:
        Originally Posted by Jttyzzle View Post
        It was a hard decision to make, but I think Surf definitely needs to be much weaker than normal to compensate for it being the first HM you get.
        Thanks for your reply, even though I still think Surf needs to be stronger.

        Anyway, I think I faced a bug. In the Graphite City, where the final battle happens after which Blue Ribbon leaves the city. If you walk into this position, the message pops and keeps repeating. Luckily I had saved the game just a while back, but for anyone who didn't, they will be forced to lose the progress.

        Reply With Quote
          #254    
        Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:18 PM).
        Jttyzzle's Avatar
        Jttyzzle Jttyzzle is offline
        Waifufag
           
          Join Date: Jun 2016
          Location: Texas
          Gender: Male
          Posts: 115
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
          Thanks for your reply, even though I still think Surf needs to be stronger.

          Anyway, I think I faced a bug. In the Graphite City, where the final battle happens after which Blue Ribbon leaves the city. If you walk into this position, the message pops and keeps repeating. Luckily I had saved the game just a while back, but for anyone who didn't, they will be forced to lose the progress.

          That's really interesting, actually. I'm not sure why in the world this would be occurring. I've been meaning to put out a minor patch actually to bring things in line with the information I've been putting on the wiki, so this is a good reason to do so.
          4.1 is out and includes a variety of small fixes to things around the game. Nothing totally noteworthy.

          On the Surf balancing, I'm just going to have to respectfully disagree. I think Water Pokémon have an advantage in the beginning without a doubt. The first and third Gyms being weak definitely give it an edge over the other types. Having an even more powerful Surf would be a cherry on top. I think giving it 65 for such an early HM strikes a reasonable balance.
          Reply With Quote
            #255    
          Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:57 PM).
          Green Mudkip32's Avatar
          Green Mudkip32 Green Mudkip32 is offline
          Mud
             
            Join Date: Jul 2017
            Location: Canada BC
            Gender: Male
            Nature: Relaxed
            Posts: 2
            its not to hard its just all fan games are much harder than the ofical games wich are super easy once you get certain pokemon/moves
            __________________
            Jordan
            Reply With Quote
              #256    
            Old 4 Weeks Ago (9:42 PM).
            darkprince0521's Avatar
            darkprince0521 darkprince0521 is offline
               
              Join Date: Sep 2016
              Gender: Male
              Posts: 12
              Quote:
              Originally Posted by Jttyzzle View Post
              That's really interesting, actually. I'm not sure why in the world this would be occurring. I've been meaning to put out a minor patch actually to bring things in line with the information I've been putting on the wiki, so this is a good reason to do so.
              4.1 is out and includes a variety of small fixes to things around the game. Nothing totally noteworthy.

              On the Surf balancing, I'm just going to have to respectfully disagree. I think Water Pokémon have an advantage in the beginning without a doubt. The first and third Gyms being weak definitely give it an edge over the other types. Having an even more powerful Surf would be a cherry on top. I think giving it 65 for such an early HM strikes a reasonable balance.
              I have finished the main storyline and then boarded the train and defeated team aqua.

              However, I cannot seem to go to Treetrunk town and finished the game without going there. How can actually I go there?

              And, what more I can do after the main storyline? Got Heatran from ember cave, but what more?
              Reply With Quote
                #257    
              Old 4 Weeks Ago (12:19 AM).
              Jttyzzle's Avatar
              Jttyzzle Jttyzzle is offline
              Waifufag
                 
                Join Date: Jun 2016
                Location: Texas
                Gender: Male
                Posts: 115
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by darkprince0521 View Post
                I have finished the main storyline and then boarded the train and defeated team aqua.

                However, I cannot seem to go to Treetrunk town and finished the game without going there. How can actually I go there?

                And, what more I can do after the main storyline? Got Heatran from ember cave, but what more?
                You'll have to surf right from River Town to get to Treetrunk.
                There's quite a bit more to do, like find Legendaries around the region, like Shaymin and the Regis, for example.
                Up in North Kamla, where you took the train, there's a couple of cities with story events you can do.
                Alongside that, if you talk to Professor Oak, you can get the pass to visit the Sinnoh Region.

                This page is still being worked on, but when it's completed it will detail how to do quite a bit of the postgame stuff.
                http://pokemon-alchemist.wikia.com/wiki/Postgame_Guide

                If you've got any questions feel free to personal message me because I don't want to spoil too much.
                Reply With Quote
                  #258    
                Old 4 Weeks Ago (5:40 PM).
                lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                   
                  Join Date: Oct 2015
                  Posts: 19
                  Hello.

                  Very surprised by somes thing in your game ;

                  attack like sand-attack and such make your hit chances goes way too low after only one use ( or it's only my bad luck idk )

                  fury swipes doesn't make the target flinches in the original game, what the hell man ? so annoying.

                  Critical chances of everything is WAY too high, goddamn, i hate being killed in one hit by something that isnt even super effective, i think i saw more crit in your game than every pokemon game combined i've played, please fix this madness, i'm going crazy here.

                  I think that's everything that tilted me so far, rng jesus is way too powerful in your game and god i hate psyducking rng things.

                  Oh, and yeah, i think you encounter way too much pokemon in... everything, you can't make two step without getting an encounter, obnoxious to me, plus the repels don't work correctly ( i think ), its wores off way too fast.

                  To be positive on one thing : that's like, the first game that got me itching to play again after my first session, even tho a lot of thing make me tilt the muk outta me.

                  P.S : if you update your game for the post game content, will i be able to download it and play with my actual save ? or is update messing up your save between version?
                  Reply With Quote
                    #259    
                  Old 4 Weeks Ago (7:34 PM).
                  darkprince0521's Avatar
                  darkprince0521 darkprince0521 is offline
                     
                    Join Date: Sep 2016
                    Gender: Male
                    Posts: 12
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by lmb1 View Post
                    Hello.

                    Very surprised by somes thing in your game ;

                    attack like sand-attack and such make your hit chances goes way too low after only one use ( or it's only my bad luck idk )

                    fury swipes doesn't make the target flinches in the original game, what the hell man ? so annoying.

                    Critical chances of everything is WAY too high, goddamn, i hate being killed in one hit by something that isnt even super effective, i think i saw more crit in your game than every pokemon game combined i've played, please fix this madness, i'm going crazy here.

                    I think that's everything that tilted me so far, rng jesus is way too powerful in your game and god i hate ****ing rng things.

                    Oh, and yeah, i think you encounter way too much pokemon in... everything, you can't make two step without getting an encounter, obnoxious to me, plus the repels don't work correctly ( i think ), its wores off way too fast.

                    To be positive on one thing : that's like, the first game that got me itching to play again after my first session, even tho a lot of thing make me tilt the **** outta me.

                    P.S : if you update your game for the post game content, will i be able to download it and play with my actual save ? or is update messing up your save between version?
                    If you use Lullaby from Jukebox that you can call using F6 button, then the encounter will be low.
                    Reply With Quote
                      #260    
                    Old 4 Weeks Ago (11:22 PM).
                    Jttyzzle's Avatar
                    Jttyzzle Jttyzzle is offline
                    Waifufag
                       
                      Join Date: Jun 2016
                      Location: Texas
                      Gender: Male
                      Posts: 115
                      Quote:
                      Originally Posted by lmb1 View Post
                      Hello.

                      Very surprised by somes thing in your game ;

                      attack like sand-attack and such make your hit chances goes way too low after only one use ( or it's only my bad luck idk )

                      fury swipes doesn't make the target flinches in the original game, what the hell man ? so annoying.

                      Critical chances of everything is WAY too high, goddamn, i hate being killed in one hit by something that isnt even super effective, i think i saw more crit in your game than every pokemon game combined i've played, please fix this madness, i'm going crazy here.

                      I think that's everything that tilted me so far, rng jesus is way too powerful in your game and god i hate psyducking rng things.

                      Oh, and yeah, i think you encounter way too much pokemon in... everything, you can't make two step without getting an encounter, obnoxious to me, plus the repels don't work correctly ( i think ), its wores off way too fast.

                      To be positive on one thing : that's like, the first game that got me itching to play again after my first session, even tho a lot of thing make me tilt the muk outta me.

                      P.S : if you update your game for the post game content, will i be able to download it and play with my actual save ? or is update messing up your save between version?
                      Hello, hope you don't tilt too much and quit the game, lol.

                      Just gonna rattle off the responses in list order.

                      -Sand Attack
                      It should function just as it does in the main games, when hit it brings you down an accuracy stage. This is a bit hard to answer, as it's coding in the game engine, not something I personally did. I'll be truthful, I really know next to nothing about coding and a lot of the back end stuff in the engine. I looked through the information I had regarding it, and it seems to just be bad luck on your end, unfortunately. I've asked more knowledgeable people about it, however, and I'll update this if something is uncovered.

                      -Fury Swipes
                      Just checked Fury Swipes on Bulbapedia, and it's not supposed to flinch. I think your memory is just iffy.

                      -Crits
                      Same with Sand Attack. It's out of my control, but I do believe it should be somewhat properly functioning in line with the main game. I'm asking some people more knowledgeable about the Essentials engine regarding random stuff like this, and I'll update the post if there's any issues discovered.

                      -Encounter Rate
                      "There will never be an encounter during the first 3 steps after a battle/starting surfing"
                      The encounter rate following that should be about 20%. That's for Grass patches. Caves and Water are a bit lower, probably about 10%.
                      Darkprince is also correct, using the Lullaby from the Pokégear will decrease encounter rates. Remember that while using Repels you need to be a higher level than the Pokémon.

                      -Updates
                      Your saves will persist. Updating is simply re-downloading the game, saves will still work.

                      Hope the game continues to keep you interested! Also hope these replies were sufficient.
                      Reply With Quote
                        #261    
                      Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:41 AM).
                      lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                         
                        Join Date: Oct 2015
                        Posts: 19
                        Quote:
                        Originally Posted by Jttyzzle View Post
                        Hello, hope you don't tilt too much and quit the game, lol.

                        Just gonna rattle off the responses in list order.

                        -Sand Attack
                        It should function just as it does in the main games, when hit it brings you down an accuracy stage. This is a bit hard to answer, as it's coding in the game engine, not something I personally did. I'll be truthful, I really know next to nothing about coding and a lot of the back end stuff in the engine. I looked through the information I had regarding it, and it seems to just be bad luck on your end, unfortunately. I've asked more knowledgeable people about it, however, and I'll update this if something is uncovered.

                        -Fury Swipes
                        Just checked Fury Swipes on Bulbapedia, and it's not supposed to flinch. I think your memory is just iffy.

                        -Crits
                        Same with Sand Attack. It's out of my control, but I do believe it should be somewhat properly functioning in line with the main game. I'm asking some people more knowledgeable about the Essentials engine regarding random stuff like this, and I'll update the post if there's any issues discovered.

                        -Encounter Rate
                        "There will never be an encounter during the first 3 steps after a battle/starting surfing"
                        The encounter rate following that should be about 20%. That's for Grass patches. Caves and Water are a bit lower, probably about 10%.
                        Darkprince is also correct, using the Lullaby from the Pokégear will decrease encounter rates. Remember that while using Repels you need to be a higher level than the Pokémon.

                        -Updates
                        Your saves will persist. Updating is simply re-downloading the game, saves will still work.

                        Hope the game continues to keep you interested! Also hope these replies were sufficient.
                        Ok im just having bad luck, and yeah i could have psyducked up a bit the memory because i was so tilted i tried to cheat on something, im just gonna redownload the game clean now that i know that fury swipes causes flinch because im an idiot, lol.

                        and don't worry the game is great, but i'm wondering why there is so much lag in some city, not everywhere in the city tho.
                        Reply With Quote
                          #262    
                        Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:01 AM).
                        lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                           
                          Join Date: Oct 2015
                          Posts: 19
                          Double post because i forgot to ask you question and to say positive things about your game.

                          Are you still doing post-game content as for now or is it cancelled ? I checked the wiki and saw some of the post game even being " worked on ", is it still the case ?

                          And i wan't to state that the start of the game is very hard, lots of griding to do before doing any of the first two champion ( imo ), but when you get the exp share ( around the third badge ) the levels of trainer / champion is way more in the line of your pokémon, which is better, you don't have to grind on wild pokémon ( which is pain in the ass, i prefer fighting trainers ), so, great !
                          Reply With Quote
                            #263    
                          Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:58 AM).
                          Jttyzzle's Avatar
                          Jttyzzle Jttyzzle is offline
                          Waifufag
                             
                            Join Date: Jun 2016
                            Location: Texas
                            Gender: Male
                            Posts: 115
                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by lmb1 View Post
                            Ok im just having bad luck, and yeah i could have psyducked up a bit the memory because i was so tilted i tried to cheat on something, im just gonna redownload the game clean now that i know that fury swipes causes flinch because im an idiot, lol.

                            and don't worry the game is great, but i'm wondering why there is so much lag in some city, not everywhere in the city tho.
                            The city is basically a lagfest because of the Blue RIbbon event, and the size of the city. It's split up into four quadrants, so it should slightly help lag if you stay in one area . Moving close to like the bridge, or the stairs, loads the other areas. There's really no solution unless I re-design the city again.

                            Quote:
                            Originally Posted by lmb1 View Post
                            Double post because i forgot to ask you question and to say positive things about your game.

                            Are you still doing post-game content as for now or is it cancelled ? I checked the wiki and saw some of the post game even being " worked on ", is it still the case ?

                            And i wan't to state that the start of the game is very hard, lots of griding to do before doing any of the first two champion ( imo ), but when you get the exp share ( around the third badge ) the levels of trainer / champion is way more in the line of your pokémon, which is better, you don't have to grind on wild pokémon ( which is pain in the ass, i prefer fighting trainers ), so, great !
                            When I'm finished with Alchemist, i'd like for there to be an entire season of postgame episodes, hence the 12 planned episodes. All of the episodes that are currently present I'm happy with, but the ones i'm currently working on are massive.

                            Episode 10 is literally 8 extra gyms and tons of new cities and content. Compare that to just one story event episode in just one town, like North Kamla. (Episodes 0-5)
                            You can see the scale of it right now, with the Sinnoh area. (Just one of the 5 regional areas I would like to include) I've currently started development of Kanto.

                            For reference, I'd like to include Vermilion, Pewter, Viridian, and Pallet, alongside all of the surrounding routes. That's a lot of stuff to include, so it's going to take a while for the next leg of episode 10.

                            Anyways, once I've hit all 12 episodes as completed I'll call it quits for Alchemist. For now, it's still definitely in development.
                            (I also stream postgame development on my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8WCOeC3-2z9LBOK0j-T-nw)
                            Reply With Quote
                              #264    
                            Old 3 Weeks Ago (12:13 PM).
                            lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                               
                              Join Date: Oct 2015
                              Posts: 19
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by Jttyzzle View Post
                              The city is basically a lagfest because of the Blue RIbbon event, and the size of the city. It's split up into four quadrants, so it should slightly help lag if you stay in one area . Moving close to like the bridge, or the stairs, loads the other areas. There's really no solution unless I re-design the city again.



                              When I'm finished with Alchemist, i'd like for there to be an entire season of postgame episodes, hence the 12 planned episodes. All of the episodes that are currently present I'm happy with, but the ones i'm currently working on are massive.

                              Episode 10 is literally 8 extra gyms and tons of new cities and content. Compare that to just one story event episode in just one town, like North Kamla. (Episodes 0-5)
                              You can see the scale of it right now, with the Sinnoh area. (Just one of the 5 regional areas I would like to include) I've currently started development of Kanto.

                              For reference, I'd like to include Vermilion, Pewter, Viridian, and Pallet, alongside all of the surrounding routes. That's a lot of stuff to include, so it's going to take a while for the next leg of episode 10.

                              Anyways, once I've hit all 12 episodes as completed I'll call it quits for Alchemist. For now, it's still definitely in development.
                              (I also stream postgame development on my Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8WCOeC3-2z9LBOK0j-T-nw)
                              Woah, i never thought you would put so much more content in a finished product, lol, it's more like a new game in the actual game at this point, i'll definetly looks forwards for the stuff you are working on, and any plan on putting some of the lacking spell animation back into the game ? or is it because it cause lag ? ( rip surf animation lol )

                              And thanks for replying so fast.
                              Reply With Quote
                                #265    
                              Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:03 PM).
                              lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                                 
                                Join Date: Oct 2015
                                Posts: 19
                                where do i get the HM break rock ? please.
                                Reply With Quote
                                  #266    
                                Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:07 PM).
                                darkprince0521's Avatar
                                darkprince0521 darkprince0521 is offline
                                   
                                  Join Date: Sep 2016
                                  Gender: Male
                                  Posts: 12
                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by lmb1 View Post
                                  where do i get the HM break rock ? please.
                                  Even though I finished this game just few days ago, I forgot. Luckily the Dev already has answered this question. Here it is:

                                  Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by Jttyzzle View Post
                                  Rock Smash is optional, but it's in Oasis. Strength on the other hand is essential to complete the game, and is in Resort.
                                  Reply With Quote
                                    #267    
                                  Old 3 Weeks Ago (9:54 AM).
                                  lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                                     
                                    Join Date: Oct 2015
                                    Posts: 19
                                    Thanks
                                    Reply With Quote
                                      #268    
                                    Old 3 Weeks Ago (1:38 PM).
                                    lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                                       
                                      Join Date: Oct 2015
                                      Posts: 19
                                      Funny stories here : i just got in the safari park, looking for the HM breaks rock, and as i strolled throught the safari i came across a npc who told me that a friend of her got a shiny pokémon who ran away, and told me that she was unlucky.

                                      at this point i was like " oh, if i ever came across a shiny in the safari park i would be very psyducked and lucky at the same time, they are so rare, but the worst part would be it would ran away '

                                      30sc later i came across a zangoose shiny and was like " OMFG NO WAY " and prepared myself to loose it.

                                      But at my surprise, i got it, and now, i have a question for the dev : what are the odds of finding a shiny in the safari park in your game ? are the chances higher than in everywhere else or i just got lucky af ?
                                      Reply With Quote
                                        #269    
                                      Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:34 PM).
                                      Jttyzzle's Avatar
                                      Jttyzzle Jttyzzle is offline
                                      Waifufag
                                         
                                        Join Date: Jun 2016
                                        Location: Texas
                                        Gender: Male
                                        Posts: 115
                                        Quote:
                                        Originally Posted by lmb1 View Post
                                        Funny stories here : i just got in the safari park, looking for the HM breaks rock, and as i strolled throught the safari i came across a npc who told me that a friend of her got a shiny pokémon who ran away, and told me that she was unlucky.

                                        at this point i was like " oh, if i ever came across a shiny in the safari park i would be very psyducked and lucky at the same time, they are so rare, but the worst part would be it would ran away '

                                        30sc later i came across a zangoose shiny and was like " OMFG NO WAY " and prepared myself to loose it.

                                        But at my surprise, i got it, and now, i have a question for the dev : what are the odds of finding a shiny in the safari park in your game ? are the chances higher than in everywhere else or i just got lucky af ?
                                        There's nothing to adjust shiny rates in the Safari Zone. The Pokémon at the end of the Sandveil Mines are the only guaranteed shiny.
                                        However, shiny rates throughout the games are increased.
                                        This is exact chance you will find a shiny:
                                        100 / 65 536 = 0.0015258789
                                        It's quite a bit up from the main games. I think it's a little unfortunate to get a full odds shiny in fangames, so I've buffed it up a bit to compensate for the fact that it's not a main series shiny. Not sure if my mindset makes any sense, but whatever.

                                        I've also pushed out a small update to the game tonight, 4.2.
                                        This includes some stuff in the Sinnoh Region.
                                        -World Map (Includes Flying)
                                        -Global Terminal with (offline) Wonder Trading
                                        -Some bug fixes to various parts of the game, including Graphite City.
                                        -More stuff in preparation for future postgame content
                                        Reply With Quote
                                          #270    
                                        Old 3 Weeks Ago (8:53 AM).
                                        lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                                           
                                          Join Date: Oct 2015
                                          Posts: 19
                                          Ok so, i got psyducking lucky, lol, what a coincidence tho, this npc and 30sc later the shiny, haha.

                                          Thanks you mate for resolving this muk ass bug in graphite city lol caused me so much trouble xd gonna download right now
                                          Reply With Quote
                                            #271    
                                          Old 3 Weeks Ago (6:02 AM).
                                          lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                                             
                                            Join Date: Oct 2015
                                            Posts: 19
                                            I finished the league yesterday, amazing challenge, the champion could be a little stronger with more varied type of pokémon but the elite four was challenging, great game overall and now i'm starting what i like more : legendary hunt and postgame content ( don't spoil me anything about legendary tho i like to find them myself )

                                            One thing tho : you should try to get unique sprite for champion and such, more immersive imo, and try to implement more attack animation if you can !

                                            Overall : Congratz man, your game felt better than some other fan made game i played in the past.
                                            Reply With Quote
                                              #272    
                                            Old 3 Weeks Ago (10:13 AM).
                                            lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                                               
                                              Join Date: Oct 2015
                                              Posts: 19
                                              Hello, i have a question : i've got to the sinnoh region, where the npc asked me if i wanted to start anew, since i didn't see the point of doing so i disagreed and started exploring the sinnoh region.

                                              and i was wondering, if you are going to do eight more badge, im assuming it's going to be these of sinnoh, but since i already played diamonds, what are you going to add to make the adventure unique compared to the original game ?

                                              Thanks.

                                              edit : and depending on what we choose at the start of the episode, starting with new pokémon and no item, or keeping everything we have, will you be scalling down / up the wild pokemon / trainer / champion in function of what we choosed ?

                                              would be sad to get all eight badges fighting against poor champion with low level pokémon lol.
                                              Reply With Quote
                                                #273    
                                              Old 3 Weeks Ago (7:40 PM).
                                              Jttyzzle's Avatar
                                              Jttyzzle Jttyzzle is offline
                                              Waifufag
                                                 
                                                Join Date: Jun 2016
                                                Location: Texas
                                                Gender: Male
                                                Posts: 115
                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by lmb1 View Post
                                                I finished the league yesterday, amazing challenge, the champion could be a little stronger with more varied type of pokémon but the elite four was challenging, great game overall and now i'm starting what i like more : legendary hunt and postgame content ( don't spoil me anything about legendary tho i like to find them myself )

                                                One thing tho : you should try to get unique sprite for champion and such, more immersive imo, and try to implement more attack animation if you can !

                                                Overall : Congratz man, your game felt better than some other fan made game i played in the past.
                                                Thanks for all this! I'm personally not a spriter at all. (I think my bad Gym Badges can attest to this). If anyone is willing to support Alchemist and work with me on sprites, I'd be happy to implement them.


                                                Quote:
                                                Originally Posted by lmb1 View Post
                                                and i was wondering, if you are going to do eight more badge, im assuming it's going to be these of sinnoh, but since i already played diamonds, what are you going to add to make the adventure unique compared to the original game ?

                                                Thanks.

                                                edit : and depending on what we choose at the start of the episode, starting with new pokémon and no item, or keeping everything we have, will you be scalling down / up the wild pokemon / trainer / champion in function of what we choosed ?

                                                would be sad to get all eight badges fighting against poor champion with low level pokémon lol.
                                                The postgame is going to continue onwards from where the current Sinnoh area ends into other Regions. For example, the next few Gyms are going to be in the Kanto Region. You'll accumulate eight new badges from around the world and then challenge some sort of penultimate Pokémon League somewhere.
                                                And yes, the game will scale important battles. The first scaled battle is the Gym Leader Roark. If you reset, Roark will be about level 10, if you don't, it's in the 60's. Scaling every wild battle and trainer would be way too much work, so it'll just be for the important stuff.
                                                Reply With Quote
                                                  #274    
                                                Old 3 Weeks Ago (5:09 AM).
                                                lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                                                   
                                                  Join Date: Oct 2015
                                                  Posts: 19
                                                  Ok thanks for your response ! But before you do all your eight new badge, may i give you an advice :

                                                  Putting eight new badge from different region would look really weird especially if you get those in the " already stated gym " ( like, you do the first badge of sinnoh, you go to kanto, do the second gym of kanto, and so forth with other region.. for exemple, these you get in the normal game in each region. )

                                                  So, if you are going to implement an "ultimate league" somewhere in the game, i would suggest you to do some kind of " ultimate gym " for it, implemented throughout different region ( kanto, johto, etc... ) or put many of these in one single region, and then move on to the next to finish the remaining badge, this way you wouldn't have to implement a vast amount of region / mini-region ( like north kalma, i would prefer a entire region with like, 4 of these ultimate badge, and then one little area with the 4 remaining and the league than many little region for all eight )

                                                  It's just an advice tho, don't take it too seriously, you do whatever you wan't, i'm gonna enjoy it anyways.

                                                  edit : if i read right, you are going to do full sinnoh region and then another one ? i'm not sure to understand this point.
                                                  Reply With Quote
                                                    #275    
                                                  Old 3 Weeks Ago (11:53 AM).
                                                  lmb1 lmb1 is offline
                                                     
                                                    Join Date: Oct 2015
                                                    Posts: 19
                                                    Hello, without spoiling me the whole puzzle ( or what's inside ), could you give me a hint on how do i open the closed door of the abandoned factory if it's openable ? Thx !
                                                    Reply With Quote
                                                    Reply
                                                    Quick Reply

                                                    Sponsored Links
                                                    Thread Tools

                                                    Posting Rules
                                                    You may not post new threads
                                                    You may not post replies
                                                    You may not post attachments
                                                    You may not edit your posts

                                                    BB code is On
                                                    Smilies are On
                                                    [IMG] code is On
                                                    HTML code is Off

                                                    Forum Jump


                                                    All times are GMT -8. The time now is 8:13 AM.