• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hack's Recommendations

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 18, 2018
It looks like I have to post 5 times before attaching a link to my posts, but my game recently came out and I'd love it if some of you guys were to play it and send me your feedback. Pok?mon Clockwork is the title

We also have a discord that anyone is able to join. But like I said, I can't make a post with a link in it yet so I'll see you guys again in 3 more posts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 7, 2018
Appologies to moderators, didn't see first pinned topic. :( I opened new topic without seeing this one. -.- Appologies again. You can delete opened topic and leave this post only ....

Anyway ....

Hi all. :D New person here. ^^

I wanted to ask; I'm not really a super huge pokemon fans in terms of playing pokemon all the time, but I like them. I only played Pokemon FireRed, LeafGreen, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. And from the hacked games ... I only played Pokemon Shiny Gold X. Now ... I was looking for something on youtube other day, and video came out from "RuffledRowlit" about top 10/5 list of fan games. Problem is; he mentioned like 20ish games, and I'm pretty sure that some of them are not completed, I guess bigger part isn't ... and I don't like to play unfinished games so ... My question is; does anyone have suggestion for some finished fan games which are descent? :D I kinda look first to start with Etheral Gates, ... I also got idea for other Pokemon games which are official ... but other then that, any suggestion for finished fan games?

Thanks. :)
Hawk.

fdl

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 26, 2019
Hi all.

I want to know any game that follow the requesites:
- lots of heroic salvations (Rocket, Galactic or other teams)
- have oh-oh and lots os rare pokemons
- doesn't use emulator (windows 10 usually doesn't like them)

Thanks for the attention.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 6, 2022
What's the best Pokemon Romhack for Nuzlockes?

What's a good hack for Nuzlockes?

Things I'd consider important for such hack, in order of priority:

-Pokemon rebalances. No "s***mons" that are worthless, things like base stat changes, extra moves, retypings or good abilities for weaker pokemon. Also with the intent of removing the extreme redundancy of plenty of pokemon in the span of the generations.

-All pokemon, moves, items, abilities and mechanics from later generations(in case of gen 3 hacks)

-Actual item variety! None of these games where things like choice items and life orb are basically locked into the post-game, letting players get and use them early on is a good thing, even things like stat-increasing berries(salac, liechi, etc) and power herb/white herb/etc are good additions for the sake of variety and strategy

-Proper level curve and difficulty, enemy trainers with decent teams and such

-No HM moves, probably hard to come by, but it's good so you don't have to waste move slots on pointless moves. At least HM rebalancing, if possible.

Based on that, what would be the best hack you can recommend me? Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 6, 2018
I haven't played many fan games, but Pokemon Uranium is definitely what I'd recommend. It's (as good as) complete, at least playable to beyond the pokemon league, and is really up to par with the official games. With an interesting story and original, unique twist to the gameplay.

I also would like to ask, some or many fangames provided on this site are .ips files. How do I play those? Windows can't start them directly, nor do I know what kind of emulator can run .ips files.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 6, 2018
id recommend pokemon insurgence. one of the best rom hacks to date, with an assortment of challenge runs such as randomized, nuzlocke, egg locke and many more

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
I'm new sry if not where it's supposed to be

Hey I haven't played ROMs since emerald 386 lol. I'm just browsing and it's overwhelming so many now adays. My apologies if this is in the wrong place I'm just not sure where I can put this be to ask. I'm looking for a new rom or two to start playing again. I really perfer the game to be in English. And I'd like it to be complete I don't want to play a beta then not gonna be completed that what sucked in the past all these ROMs and none were complete. My main aspect I'm looking for in the game is having all pokemon up to gen 7 catchable or obtainable at some point in the game any other perks like story and come second to me. Thanks for your time for reading this if it is read

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Dec 26, 2018
Hey everyone!
I'm looking for any great ROM hacks that have regions that are based on real world states or countries. The base game doesn't matter, but I'm just looking for people's renditions! Oh, and whether or not it has fakemon doesn't matter. Thanks in advance! (I have a Mac so most fan games are a no-go unfortunately T-T)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
I'm trying hyper emereld 807 it's pretty good. I believe it has what I'm looking for pokemon wise. It's not that's it's hard I just don't wanna have to spend all my time grinding to get to the next gym but I can live with it. But it's Chinese and I just can't get into it. Anything similar I really would just like a chance to see and enjoy all the new Pokemon and there mega evoltions within a game

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
I suppose I should mention Im using an Android phone and the myboy emulator so it would have to work on that

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 9, 2018
I was recommended by to this page becuz I put it in the wrong place and still no answer that's really unfortunate I would have accepted a no nothing like that ...thanks for the no help...

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica
Years
search
lol

Last edited:
Back