• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

New Spinoff Anime - Pokémon Origins

Status
Not open for further replies.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
I will be devastated if it was as childish as the current anime. I've been itching for a Pokemon Anime like this for a long time now; considering that I've gotten so bored of the main series we have now. Despite the fact that it isn't as epic as the B2W2 promo (or will it be?) it still looks incredibly awesome.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I hope

-Pokemon Origin aren't like those Manga where protagonist can use only One Pokemon .

-Hopefully , There will be an Eye-candy ! Good Anime require good Moe .

-Hopefully Red will beat the E4 and Green without using any cheap trick .

-Hopefully the series will have a lot of rival beside Green .

-Hopefully Blue will appear with a Venusaur .

-

Years
I'm very excited about this despite the awkward animation in some places. Whether it's a series or special doesn't really bother me.. just anxious to see what it's all about, omg. :D; Red and Green eeeee! Blastoise is lookin' especially amazing.

RollsOfSushi

Hotter than Wasabi
Years
It definitely looks interesting.. I can't wait to see it come out, hopefully it wont fail as hard as the current series..

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Has anyone mentioned that special's (because it's a SPECIAL from what I've heard not a new series so stop overreacting) DO NOT get dubbed?

Because the Brock and Dawn special's didn't get dubbed.

So... yeah... this probably won't be dubbed.

Just a friendly reminder...

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
Something as big as this probably will be dubbed. And it isn't unheard of either, there have been a number of specials that dubbed into English.

Kip

🔥 Fluffy Fire Fox
Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Has anyone mentioned that special's (because it's a SPECIAL from what I've heard not a new series so stop overreacting) DO NOT get dubbed?

With the exception of Mewtwo Returns, The Legend of Thunder, the tenth anniversary special, the Mystery Dungeon series and the Pokémon Ranger specials. Plus, if they count, several of Pikachu's Winter Vacations and most of the Pokémon Chronicles episodes.

Quite a few... so, there is still hope? :)

ChaosLord

Game Dev Wanderer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 1, 2013
Wow, I'm surprised people are questioning so hard as to what this is. To sum it up, much like when Pokemon Chronicles first popped up(Then later ended), Pokemon Origins is definitely a gauge of interest on whether or not to make this into a full anime. Pokemon Chronicles ended up failing, due to people missing Pikachu or whatever(According to threads during the broadcasting period). So yeah, it's really up to Japan's viewers, unless they do decide to dub this, then it's also our call.

Anyway, I love that they're trying something new revolving characters I'm so familiar with, just disappointed they're not the manga versions. And from the looks of those pics, it doesn't seem like they're using the opportunity to introduce Blue(Green), which is a shame considering how much GameFreak wanted to include her in the games back in the day. Regardless though, I'll be looking for subs or vice versa during the premiere.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
An anime based on the games? Interesting - I'm more than willing to give this a go. It seems like it'll be quite mature compared to the current anime which is a big plus, but I'm curious how they'll keep it 'streamlined' with the games. Will Red be travelling solo the whole time, or will they adapt it to suit a more "friends are great" approach that Pokémon has come to be known for? One thing's for sure, it'll be nice to be rid of Ash for a while. :p

Chrono

\:D/
Years
I saw the trailer of this spin off today! I'm so excited that they're making episodes based of Episodes of Red and Green's adventures. :)

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
-Hopefully Blue will appear with a Venusaur .
Well... I don't think so... as this is anime about Red & Green games and Blue wasn't there, we can presume she won't appear...

hqdefault.jpg

PM will surely sub it.
Not to mention RAWs will be available as well. Nothing serious.

«Chuckles»

Sharky
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 29, 2023
Well since it is an OVA series we can guess that they will be 1 hour long episodes and it will take a long time for the other ones to pop up. I know of a few OVA series' that take years to get a new episode because they aren't as important than the main series

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
yes

yesyesyesheysehsyehseysheyseysheyeyesyhesyseyysshesheshdfsjdhfkdsjf

That poster. It looks like a real actual qualitative anime, instead of some kind of yeeeeah let's showcase a 10 year old and a lot of pokémon just because we can and whatnot, à la:

DP_Poster_anime.jpg

I really hope they decide to make a new, proper series if this special gets popular. And there's no chance at all that it won't be. A bit sad that they aren't making the protagonist a female though, since there is a male rival that would make the most sense for the sake of balance. But I guess it's still mostly aimed towards boys who identify themselves better with a male protagonist, so oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back