The PokéCommunity Forums Community Square Feedback & Support
Feedback Privacy settings

Feedback & Support All things related to PokéCommunity, from feedback and ideas to support and questions.

Closed Thread

Old June 10th, 2018 (3:42 PM). Edited June 10th, 2018 by Enpatsu Shakugan.
The Unyielding Flame

Nature: Adamant
So, in regard to the fact this site has an ignore list, I've come to notice that trying to add literally anyone who is either a moderator or admin to said list doesn't work.

I get the reasoning behind it, but also... what if you simply want someone ignored who happens to be a mod? You should be allowed to; especially given the high number of moderators as is, it would be a nice feature.
Not liking someone has no relevance to their status on the forum, I'd think.

"I'm a talking cat."
Old June 10th, 2018 (4:46 PM). Edited June 10th, 2018 by colours.

Nature: Jolly
It's for a reason; if a moderator happens to post an important message into a thread, either or give a specific warning to you or a general warning, then it has to be visible. Ignoring that specific mod won't do. I don't remember off-hand whether ignore lists blocks PMs but you can't do that for obvious reasons, too.

If you have an issue with a moderator, you should take it up with the administrative team, anyway.
Old June 10th, 2018 (5:22 PM).
The Unyielding Flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by colours View Post
It's for a reason; if a moderator happens to post an important message into a thread, either or give a specific warning to you or a general warning, then it has to be visible. Ignoring that specific mod won't do. I don't remember off-hand whether ignore lists blocks PMs but you can't do that for obvious reasons, too.

If you have an issue with a moderator, you should take it up with the administrative team, anyway.
Not an 'issue' that needs reporting, just literally I don't like this person, care what they have to say, etc, so I just want to ignore them.

I thought the former was why the report button exists.

"I'm a talking cat."
Old June 10th, 2018 (5:24 PM).

Because a moderator's duties pretty much cover posting Important Messages in threads whenever necessary, actually placing them on the ignore list would be rather counterproductive.
Old June 10th, 2018 (9:46 PM).
The Unyielding Flame

A better feature, actually would be to hide topics of your choosing. Same way you can sub to them, you can ignore them too.

I can think of a few grating topics right now I'd love to make invisible to me moreso than a user.

"I'm a talking cat."
Old June 11th, 2018 (4:11 AM).

Staff cannot be blocked because private messaging would be disabled the user who blocked the staff member and vice-versa if that happened. Private messaging is important for us because we use it to hand down verbal warnings, FYIs, infractions, and any other staff action needed.

If you are having an issue with a moderator that's causing you to want to ignore them, then please by all means speak up to the higher staff in private message.
Old June 11th, 2018 (4:43 AM).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enpatsu Shakugan View Post
A better feature, actually would be to hide topics of your choosing. Same way you can sub to them, you can ignore them too.

I can think of a few grating topics right now I'd love to make invisible to me moreso than a user.
I think in this case people can just literally ignore the threads themselves without needed of a new feature. If you don't click on it, you can't really see what's going on in it anyway, and so you're effectively ignoring it already, yes? Most threads eventually get lost to the void anyway, so it'll be out of one's sight in time.
Old June 11th, 2018 (8:31 AM).
press start to play_

Nature: Naive
Just pretend they are a bot when they write these Important Messages and ignore them manually elsewhen :thumbs:
Old June 13th, 2018 (6:47 AM).
would like to battle!

Nature: Brave
Mhmmm, easiest thing to do is just to skim over posts of ppl you don't care to see. Worked for a lot of us for some years. o:

previously known as Drew
paired to Palamon
Old July 25th, 2018 (1:45 PM). Edited July 25th, 2018 by Enpatsu Shakugan.
The Unyielding Flame

Well, something must've changed since I got to ignore someone who is a mod today. Thank goodness too.

Must be an ex-mod now though, since it doesn't work on some of the ones I know are still active (just as a test), but hey, I'll take it. They were the reason I made this topic at all.

"I'm a talking cat."
Old July 26th, 2018 (5:13 AM).

Unless the admins made the decision by themselves and never made a peep about it to the rest of us (which I kind of find unlikely), I doubt anything was changed. The person is likely just not currently listed as staff, though I can’t be certain since I don’t know who you’re talking about.
Old July 26th, 2018 (9:37 AM). Edited July 26th, 2018 by colours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enpatsu Shakugan View Post
Well, something must've changed since I got to ignore someone who is a mod today. Thank goodness too.

Must be an ex-mod now though, since it doesn't work on some of the ones I know are still active (just as a test), but hey, I'll take it. They were the reason I made this topic at all.
yeah im curious too tbh cause mods cant be ignored lol
Old July 26th, 2018 (7:29 PM).

Nature: Quirky
Oh. Cool, you blocked a non-staff member.

Water is still wet.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply