• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

IMPORTANT: Images in threads disappearing, namely SCREENSHOTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
THE ISSUE IS FIXED

Hey guys, wanted to make this thread to quickly fill you in on why a lot of the threads in this area are suddenly without screenshots when they had them previously, or when they tried to add new ones. The problem centers around the prominent image hosting site, Imgur, updating their Terms of Service. For the time being, while staff contacts the support team at Imgur, most threads that relied on Imgur as their image hosting service for their screenshots have their images removed (not by us!), despite the content actually still existing in the post.

Threadmakers, you are still able to retrieve the links of each of your 'removed' images by editing your thread and getting the links through there. While we look for some sort of resolution, I would recommend swapping to a different image hosting site for the time being. I can't guarantee this issue with Imgur will be fixed (and PC likely won't be the only place affected by their new policies) - so swapping is very much recommended.

Anyways, I'm just leaving this thread here open if any of you have any questions or even want to recommend others to a different image hosting site! Huge apologies for such a massive inconvenience

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
ALSO DONT MIND THAT I JUST LEFT A BUNCH OF REDIRECTS EVERYWHERE I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO MAKE A SINGLE THREAD THAT CAN BE SEEN IN EVERY SECTION DONT HATE ME

wow report this mod for spamming in all caps

Last edited:

E-cat420

Mystery, Hiding In Ruins of Thought
Years
I wanted to mention that it's still possible to view the images if you right-click on the image icon, and click either "Copy Image Address" or "Copy Link Address", and paste the link into your browser.

Also, do not do "Open Link in New Tab", as that doesn't work for that for whatever reason.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
I wanted to mention that it's still possible to view the images if you right-click on the image icon, and click either "Copy Image Address" or "Copy Link Address", and paste the link into your browser.

Also, do not do "Open Link in New Tab", as that doesn't work for that for whatever reason.

I don't even get a broken image icon. Imgur why :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back