• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen All Things Sylveon

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I'm just really curious about something, though: what on earth made people think Sylveon was going to be Bug type?
I love the type, but I feel it's being misrepresented. Fairies can be evil, fearsome creatures, but Gamefreak's treating them like dolls. Not too fond of Sylveon's design, in that respect.

Last edited:

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I wonder if Sylveon is going to be the only new Eeveelution this time? I am waiting to see another Eeveelution this generation. Dragon type? How do you make a canine-like Pokémon look like a dragon?

tente2

"Outta my way, dammit!"
Years
I wonder if Sylveon is going to be the only new Eeveelution this time? I am waiting to see another Eeveelution this generation. Dragon type? How do you make a canine-like Pokémon look like a dragon?

That's what other people were thinking, too. Since Dragon is the only originally-special type that hasn't gotten an Eeveelution yet. I am impartial to the idea; I wouldn't mind it.

I've seen one piece of really good fanart from years ago, but I have no idea where it is now.

Years
haha I voted that Sylveon was going to be Normal type :) haha Although deep inside I knew it was going to be a new type! :P haha Sylveon has grown in me. It is a cool Pokemon, hope its stats will be good. Can't wait to see how Eevee will evolve into Sylveon.

Years
I voted Normal because I was not expecting a new type, actually it was quite excepted but I just was hoping there will be no new type and wanted to believe they won't add an new type for the sake of the game. But apparently I am falling in love of the Fairy type. :]

tnfsf11

LOL I voted flying because I NEVER expected a new type, the name Fairy wasn't appealing to me at first but I'll live with it, & now I can finally use a Clefairy in my team with no regrets >:)

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
If there is another they're keeping from us, I see it being Dragon as it fits with the pattern of the other duos having one member defeating the other, and thus far Dragon is only weak against itself (which is what made me think Sylveon was part dragon as we had/have yet to see a counterpart), Ice, and Fairy now. Also that'll make the theme of the generation mythical in typing oppose to spring and winter of gen 4, Night and Day of 2, and Water-Ice-Fire of 1.

Clemps

I'm stuck in the bath
Years
I was positive on the day of Sylveon's release that it was a new type. It didn't look like any other type, and it was being kept secret.

I was leaning towards 'magic' type, but fairy type is just fine. Adds another mythical creature to the ranks.

blue

gucci
Years
To be honest a new type didn't even enter my mind until like two weeks later when speculation about the Fairy type was rife, I was initially convinced that Sylveon was a Flying type.

Years
I was positive on the day of Sylveon's release that it was a new type. It didn't look like any other type, and it was being kept secret.

I was leaning towards 'magic' type, but fairy type is just fine. Adds another mythical creature to the ranks.

I thought the same thing at first sight, but I allowed my desire for a Dragon eeveelution muddy my judgement. Now if only there was a Dragon counterpart to Sylveon...

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I thought Sylveon was Flying Type till the Big Reveal. I never though Fairy Type would happen, but now I'm a big Fan of Fairy Type.

Dragon vs Fairy evolutions would be great. They got to make a dragon sometime. However, I don't think there will be a new Eevee.

Because, after all the hype with Sylveon, anything else would be a second banana. No one would be as excited as they were for Sylveon. There is so much limelight on Sylveon, it just wouln't be fair to the others.

Years
I thought Sylveon was Flying Type till the Big Reveal. I never though Fairy Type would happen, but now I'm a big Fan of Fairy Type.

Dragon vs Fairy evolutions would be great. They got to make a dragon sometime. However, I don't think there will be a new Eevee.

Because, after all the hype with Sylveon, anything else would be a second banana. No one would be as excited as they were for Sylveon. There is so much limelight on Sylveon, it just wouln't be fair to the others.
True, but some other pairs and trios have had one member get more lime light than others such as Zekrom in the spin offs compared to Reshiram, just look at Conquest, as well as Zekrom appearing more in the anime.

Hopefully this lime light inequality will be fixed with giving a main character a dragon eeveelution if there's one.

I'm thinking Sylveon will be special oriented as the Fairy type moves we've seen look quite special like...which would make sense as Eevee has evolved into all the special types except for dragon. Fairy came after gen 3 but it still seems to have similar characteristics as psychic and dragon (well the special dragon moves) to some extent. So Sylveon being the first non formerly special eeveelution being special oriented can be like a shout out to the formerly special eeveelutions.

CloysterOyster

Master of Ice
Years
I wonder if Sylveon will have the usual moves that the other Eeveelutions do in the beginning (Tackle, Sand-Attack, Quick Attack, etc.)? I also kind of wonder if Sylveon will be like Suicune and have Gust as one of its moves because of the streamer-like tails they have?

thedhp

TheDavidPearson
Years
  • Age 36
  • Utah
  • Seen Oct 21, 2016
Here's an idea... sorry if it's already been discussed.

What if there is another Eeveelution that hasn't been announced? They've always come out in pairs as far as I can remember. Something to counter Sylveon... like a Dragon Eevee?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Here's an idea... sorry if it's already been discussed.

What if there is another Eeveelution that hasn't been announced? They've always come out in pairs as far as I can remember. Something to counter Sylveon... like a Dragon Eevee?

Gamefreak has said there are no set patterns. Just because they were released in pairs twice doesn't mean anything. Most of the marketing for Sylveon has been saying she's the only new Eevee evolution.

blue

gucci
Years
I highly doubt there will be another Eeveelution introduced, I just can't see it happening especially now that we've got a new type accommodated with Sylveon. It's fine as it is tbh.

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
Why Is Sylveon larger than the other Eeveelutions?

looking up the height of the Eeveelutions, Sylveon is larger than all the others. Why do you think that is? Why is Sylveon the larger one?

Back