• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen New Key items ????

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2010
i think we could have scuba gear to replace HM whatever from hoenn and have swimming sprites

Myles

Seriously?
Years
What about a shovel? You can use it to dig holes in the ground that could contain items. Maybe like the new kind of hidden item; only more common or replenishable. Then there might be a special archeaology area where you can dig up fossils, rare bones, etc. Maybe beaches can be dug to find shards or something.

Basically a replacement to the Underground.

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
Years
What about a shovel? You can use it to dig holes in the ground that could contain items. Maybe like the new kind of hidden item; only more common or replenishable. Then there might be a special archeaology area where you can dig up fossils, rare bones, etc. Maybe beaches can be dug to find shards or something.

Basically a replacement to the Underground.

sounds good, reminds me of the shovel from Zelda OOSeasons

HannahHacker

Elegant Elitist.
Years
It would be awesome if some form of tool-laden penknife would be available, or a pack that has multiple items such as unlimited-use escape rope (as suggested above) and then the items from the rock-digging kit, shovel etc (also suggested above)
Of course I don't expect there to be an actual penknife, I mean more a multitask item.
I definately support the 'flashlight' item instead of the HM flash!
I hope that items such as tea, lemonaid, soda and freshwater will become more popular as HP-healing items, but I think that's more personal preference and won't actually happen.
Rollerblades, a skateboard or rock-climbing shoes would be awesome!

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 15, 2016
Im not being funny mate but how would he/she carry all that equipment around with him/she lol they will defonatley be keeping the Hms no matter what they might even add new ones

That's hardly a problem

But anywho, I like the idea of having key items to replace HMs. I can't really think of what could replace Waterfall though...

Last edited:

Eeohnex

Illuminate
Years
Pokéball cleaner would be awesome, I think that should be a new way of increasing the Pokémon's happiness.

Elise

ニャーニャー
Years
I love the idea of a Flashlight and other various ITEMS instead of HM's. I don't really mind surf, but the rest can get pretty annoying and I often have to delete moves I'd prefer to keep. Or, instead of a flashlight: Infrared specs so you don't disturb the sleeping zubats, eh??

Or maybe we could do rock-climbing equipment instead of rock climb, and some sort of hatchet instead of cut? These seem like reasonable items to carry around... compared to other things we carry around in the game.

Also, how about a longboard instead of a skateboard? ;) smoother ride lol.

dieter57

pokemon master
Years
definetly need to replace some HMs with key items. i hate HMs. why not make them able to be forgot? you can reuse them over and over again anyway.

Back