• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN OPEN] The Pokémon Trainer Academy (T) [Best Veteran 4Q '11]

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Despite what you would think Isaac actually smilled at the boys protest. The punch having been thrown with such blinded rage was easily evaded by a quick step back.

"Now that is who I think you are." Isaac said his devious smirk on his face, "You are reckless and short tempered, but hell have you got spunk. Come on kid, admit it. The only way I was going to get to know your side of the story was to get you ticked, and do you know why? because its also the only way to get me to talk the truth about my values. I may not always approve of violence, but for you to defend your pokemon like that against someone who could disable you with the flick of a wrist now that is trust. That is the sign that you are a worthy pokemon trainer."

Isaac had been the least social and the shortest tempered person when he was younger. He wanted nothing more then to be the best and to be left to his own skills. There was nothing more important to him then his pokemon. They were the ones who made him who he was. Even without knowing the details Isaac knew this kid had a lot in common with his younger self, and with any luck he'd eventually have more in common with who he was now.

"Kid, let's go get your Quilava healed up some. I think your partner deserves more attention then me." Isaac said happy to have finally gotten this kid to prove his values.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Ethan let out a rather furious growl as the man side-stepped his attack, quite irritated that he was inable to land his blow. Pulling his fist back once again, he prepared to send another blow his way when suddenly he noticed the man's face. He was smiling. Furious that the man could find the situation in -ANY- way amusing, he prepared to yell at him some more when the man began to speak words of praise towards him. Caught COMPLETELY off guard by the man's sudden change of attitude, he found himself taken aback, his rage subsiding substantially and replacing itself with sheer confusion.

One second the guy says I'd let my pokemon die, and now he's saying I'm a good trainer? This guy's really weird.....

Before he could say anything in reply, however, the man mentioned Quilava and the Pokemon Center. For a moment, he had forgotten about the aftermath of his prank. A some-what awkward, some-what worried expression crossed his face as he turned towards the building. Smoke was still steadily pouring out the door, and several confused trainers were wandering about, confused as to what had just occured. Imagining the look upon Nurse Joy's face if he were to enter the building again, he turned back towards, one hand rubbing the back of his head.

"N-No.....We don't need to go there. Quilava's not injured.....The girl just knocked him out with a shadow ball, is all. He's just unconcious.....And I've fed him an Oran Berry on top of that...He'll be fine...." He said, saying everything he could to ensure that he wouldn't have to return to the scene of his crime. If Quilava had been truely injured, he would have braved the building.....But in this case, his partner was just roughed up a bit. He didn't really need medical attention.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
((i wouldn't suggest using that font on the threads. its a bit hard to read.))

Isaac raised an eyebrow. Something was keeping the kid from wanting to go inside, but Isaac knew he had already prodded the kid enough. Instead of forcing the subject Isaac reached into his satchel and pulled out a super potion.

"Oran berries are good, but I'd suggest this for now." Isaac said tossing the potion to the kid.

There was definantly something interesting about this kid. Probably something from his raising. Isaac knew how much your past shaped your future.

"Well... if you aren't going into the pokemon center I guess you'd be free to come along with me and Ace to the fields. I'm feeling morally obligated to keep you out of trouble now." Isaac chuckled.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia smiled, "It is a pleasure to meet you Issac." She just watched as Issac laid waste to the boy with a well thought out speech. The boy just took it in and then... snapped. Lucia frowned as she felt Roberto shift behind her. It was good that the boy didn't seem to be an assassin, but still it felt awkward for her to be here. She felt that the two of them were better off talking with each other than to have her hover over them like this.

"Thank you again Isaac." She said with a quick bow. She walked away from the two with Roberto and an irritated Samuel following. She made sure to be out of earshot before she reached down and petted Samuel fondly, "You were great back there!" Samuel just smiled back up at her. It was then that Lucia's stomach began to rumble. She chuckled to herself and pulled out her map. "Let's see, the cafeteria should be... this way." Lucia recalled Samuel and made sure to stay on the paths as she walked to the cafeteria, every so often her stomach making a growling sound.

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Maxwell Leggingsteele
Cafeteria

Maxwell flashed a nervous smile as Brian introduced him to the girl who was apparently named Sapphire. Strange... That name felt familiar, but why? Anyway, Maxwell slowly turned towards her. His body was almost paralyzed from being in the prescence of Sinnoh's Champion.

"H-Hello, I'm Maxwell. Pleased to meet you..." he said. The brown-haired youth made a small bow and gently shook her hand. He couldn't do anything else than shake it gently since his body was so stiff. Maxwell then proceeded to turn towards Cynthia and the woman accompanying her. This time however, he made a deep bow and didn't even think about offering a handshake. This was a very, very powerful trainer that could probably give his each of his Pokémon a direct ticket to PokéCenter. She wasn't worthy of his handshake.

"M-M-My n-name is M-Maxwell L-Leggingsteele, hailing from the humble Jotho of... Err, I mean house of... I-I mean city of Ecruteak in the Johto region. C-Currently placed in the Entei Dorm, I..." Maxwell stumbled across his words and almost got them backwards at first, he was just too nervous to continue his small speech. Slackey lazily lifted his arm and gave Maxwell a good smack in the back of his head,

"Sla! Koth, sla, sla!"[Maxwell! Get it together dude!] he said.

"O-Of course, sorry..." he whispered to Slackey. "I Maxwell Leggingsteele, would like to state that it is a real honor meeting you..." afterwards, he slowly rose up again. A bit shaken, but now that he had gotten the awkward greeting out of his body, he felt better.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Ethan threw his arms into the air and caught the potion. Recognizing it from his time in Olivine, he quickly took up his pokeball and sent out Quilava. Taking the bottle and spraying it on Quilava(For in the anime, it was depicted as a spray) he waited for a moment as Quilava slowly began to awaken from his stupor. Blinking, Quilava looked around a bit, sniffing the air.

"Hey, buddy.....You're awake" He said to his partner.

As Quilava looked up at him, Ethan gave the pokemon a rather soft pat on the head. Then, looking up at the man, Ethan addressed him once again.

"It worked.....Thanks. I'm Ethan, by the way" He said, pulling himself away from Quilava. Then, as the man invited him to go hang out with him and his pokemon. He had nothing better to do, so he decided to accept the guy's offer.

"Sure, why not?" He said, in a fairly uninterested tone.

Then, as the girl walked off with her scizor, Ethan shot her a rather irritated glance, his fingers twitching with the need to get back at her and the white pokemon that had attacked Quilava.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Isaac honestly was a bit annoyed by how arrogent the girl had been about her pokemon and her social class, but even Isaac had standerds when it came to things like that. He wasmore focused on the boy anyway. Sure he started out by stopping the kid from punching the girl, but only the ill need a doctor. Isaac was doing this now to help that kid out. Hearing the kid say he'd come along Isaac started off at a run, but turned around and shouted back to the boy:

"So you gonna come or not? I could just have Ace drag you there."

Ace snapped his jaw shut a couple of times to show his agreement to the idea. Nothing better then hauling home some prey.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Ethan looked over at the man as he dashed off in the other direction, quite surprised that he had darted away so quickly. Turning in the man's direction, he prepared himself to take off running aswell when suddenly he made his rather annoying comment. Having forgotten about the Pokemon that had him trapped in a veil of sand, he took a momment to look up at it, becomming rather irritated as it snapped its jaw at him.

"No way," He said, staring over at the Trapinch, "I'm not letting that claw-headed thing anywhere near me."

Nodding down at Quilava, Ethan took off after Isaac, his partner trailing rather closely as the four of them started heading off over to the fields.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
Ace despite his stubby little legs was the first to arrive at the fields. Then again he did go directly there using dig to bypass the terrain. Isaac arrived second and dropped his satchel down near where he had been training his pokemon before. It was now a rather obvious where there were rock fragments, burnt grass, and lots of sand. Even the littlest pokemon have awesome power.

"Alright Ethan I think we need to get you aquanted with the wild life. Ace, you know what to do." Isaac said turning to his young companion.

Ace dashed off into the tall grass and began to search for some wild pokemon. That was always the best place to start.

"Ethan you know how to catch a pokemon right? You just haven't gotten around to it or anything right?" Isaac joked.

Pppgggr

Cheese, for everyone!
Years
Ethan and Quilava arrived at the fields shortly after Isaac. The other man's head start had allowed him to reach the field a great deal before him. Quilava trailing behind him, Ethan dashed up to Isaac, panting rather heavily. Reaching into his bag, he then grasped a soda from inside and openned it, taking several sips from the cool liquid before setting it on the ground. Then, looking up at Isaac, he began to complain, rather irritated that he had forced them to run the entire way there.

"*Huff*....What, ya' hate walking or something?" He said, pausing several times as he took a breath.

The man's question hit him like a rock. Did he know how to capture a pokemon? He'd been a trainer for several months now, and the need to do so had never arisen. In fact, upon thinking about it, Ethan realized that he had never even used a pokeball; other than to send out and recall Quilava.

"....Uhh....Yeah, sure I do...."He said in an unethusiastic tone, clearly embarassed at his lack of knowledge.

Jason Wolf

The Chronicler
Years
"I don't have problem with walking. I just prefer to run. saves times. Anyway back to the matter at hand. I've got Ace running about trying to scare up some pokemon. Let's see what we can get." Isaac said.

While they were still waiting Isaac pulled out five pokeballs from his satchel and handed them to Ethan.

"Better safe then sorry. Never know how many you'll need." Isaac commented then took out two more pokeballs for himself.

Before Isaac even got back to his feet Ace came rushing back. He tackled Isaac to get his attention, and then turned his attention back to the grass. Isaac who had no warning of Ace's return went sprawling in the grass.

"...Never under-estimate a Pokemon." Isaac mumbled to himself then got back to his feet, "Now lets see what little guy Ace has rustled up for us."

Isaac watched intently as he saw the grass shaking as something made its way quickly through it. Whatever was coming was coming fast. Isaac tensed up for a second right before the pokemon appeared. Out of the tall grass burst a little shroomish.

"Ace you aren't trying to make things too easy are you?" Isaac said a bit surpised by what pokemon showed up.

Ace snapped his jaws together and shook his head. Ace gestured to the tall grass, and Isaac returned his attention to it. There was something else coming. Something bigger. Isaac could make out a brown bump parting the grass. With a frightening snort a Tauros thrashed its way out of the tall grass.

"...good boy." Isaac chuckled, "Ethan hope your ready cause here we go. Ace take a stand!"

プリンセスサファイア

Sapphire Princess
Years
Sapphire Dillon

Sapphire smiled at Cynthia. "it's a pleasure to meet you m'am." she said a faint blush on her face as she glanced over at Brian. She was completely oblivious to the real reason he was nervous, and anyone could tell she was smitten with him too. Another boy ran over to join the group and Sapphire smiled as he bowed and stiffly shook her hand. "It's great to meet you Maxwell. I'm sure we'll become great friends" she said before giggling a little as Max stammered an introduction to Cynthia.

Amanda Smith

Amanda smiled back at him and followed him into the classroom. She observed while Lincoln talked to his dad and then stepped up beside him as she was introduced. "it's a pleasure to meet you sir" she said politely with a smile. "as for the question I have. Well you see I just got here today and don't know my way around. I was wondering if you knew were to catch psychic types." she said with a small smile. "I'm a mono-type trainer, I already have three psychic types, and I'm actually a psychic myself, and when I asked Lincoln he told me that you might know sir"

pokepokemo

The RPing Challenger!
Years
"Hmm...... Looks like Maxwell knows that kid, wonder who he is....." thought Gen.

As he sat looking at Maxwell being shaken up and nervous for some reason, Dante came, maybe he's hungry to?

Byron was still frustrated, a table was holed and 3 students went out to eat, surely they were hungry, but who doesn't eat before going to class? WHO?
In deep frustration mixed with fury, he forgot that he himself had forgotten to eat breakfast.
Byron's stomach grumbled and growled like a hungry predator. But he was not so absent minded that he would say to his students,"Kids, I'm going to eat, goodbye."
And he was afraid that further chaos would erupt if he left for a long enough time. So he said to his class that he would be going to the toilet, when in truth he went to the cafeteria.
Byron though, "why is everyone forgetting breakfast today, me included?"
He just cheerfully strolled to the cafeteria when he saw Cynthia. No gym leader in Sinnoh didn't know her, the Sinnoh champ. He had seen Lance around the school sometimes, but he was usually alone.
Now, Cynthia was with a kid. He noticed that two students were sitting down and eating. One of them appeared to be watching curiously at what was happening. And Maxwell was standing there talking with the other kid besides Cynthia. Byron chuckled, he thought that Maxwell was like some ice statue that was being shook by an earthquake, and that he would shatter at anytime now.

Gen noticed Byron and quickly ate, he didn't want to be scolded again. But instead, Byron walked up to him and asked him, "Oh supreme table breaker, what is going on here?"

Gen replied, "Y'know It's not like I break tables on a regular basis sir. And it appears that Maxwell is extremely nervous from meeting Cynthia, sir."

Byron looked at the three, it amazed him that Cynthia would be walking in the hallway at this time of the day. And it also surprised him that Gen was perfectly calm. The first time he met the Champ, he was slightly nervous.
"Whatever, I should probably ask Cynthia what's she doing here" thought Byron

And so, he walked up to Cynthia, patted Maxwell's back and asked her,"Hello, champ, what brings you here today?"

Gen was sitting there, now more interested than ever since a teacher joined the talk. Speaking of teachers he also wandered what the bald fire master was teaching.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Lucia Francisco Bernavard​

Lucia eventually made her way to the cafeteria. The place was jammed pack with trainers. Lucia went and grabbed just a sandwich and some chips and looked around for a place to sit. Most of the tables were occupied with other students and there was a group of students standing in a group, still, it didn't mean Lucia couldn't find a place among them. She doubted some of the trainers would even recognize her last name so that was a plus. She just had to win them over with her friendly attitude and once they did hear about her parents global reputation then they would see it for the lies that it was.

Roberto stood rigid behind her as she approached the group and then stopped in her tracks. The champion herself, Cynthia, was right there, shining in the spotlight. Lucia did an immediate heel turn and sat at one of the unoccupied tables. Her mind was whirling in confusion. Cynthia was part of a group of pokemon trainers who spoke out against her parents. The trainers claimed that her father and mother had allowed hundreds of criminals that had abused pokmeon to be set free.

The idea was preposterous! Her parents had proved their innocence in court and even the jury had agreed with them! To say they were guilty was not in her or anyone's power. Still, to be on the safe side she would have to stay away from her. She didn't want to end up in a battle with the Champion and knew none of her pokemon would so much as lay a scratch on hers. Lucia busied herself with her sandwich. As long as Cynthia didn't recognize her then she was in the clear. Besides, it wasn't as if Cynthia had committed her face to memory.

Roberto didn't sit but leaned against the table with his arms crossed, his eyes quickly scanning the room and it's occupants.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Feb 18, 2013
Lincoln & Malcolm West

Lincoln, somehow, managed to keep his mouth shut while his dad pondered the question. Of course his father was an authority figure to him, but he was his friend as well. It was difficult to treat him like nothing more than a teacher, but he understood his dad would appreciate the formality in front of a student.

Malcolm considered the question for a moment before responding. "Well Manda, that really depends. There are a number of areas on the island where you may find psychic types, but they can be different than other pokemon types. For example, Lincoln here has decided to train only rock types."
"You know it!" Linc exclaimed.
"Yes, well, as Lincoln is interested in rock types, he knows to explore the rocky and mountainous areas of the island to find them. But psychic types... well, they don't tend to congregate in quite the same way. So I can't tell you an exact part of the island where you can find lots of psychic types. But if there's a specific psychic pokemon you're looking for, I should be able to find you where to find it. Is there?"​

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Ruby Destiny

Kat and Ruby both seemed to have alot of fun untill ash announcend that the class was over. They both stopped as Kat left. 'See ya Ruby.' She said. 'See ya Kat.' Ruby replied with a smile.

'Goodbye.' Psy bowed to Hikari and left too. 'See ya around.' Hikari replied and bowed too.

'Well what to do now.' Ruby was still smiling, she had alot of fun today. At that moment Yuki appears again. 'Yuki?! What are you doing out of your pokeball!' Ruby says suprised. "Nothing! I just wanted to have fun..." Yuki jumps in her arms and closes her eyes. "But there was no fun..." Yuki mumbles. Ruby slightly smiles at her and softly pats her little head.

'Hey guys, how about we go to the vulcano?' Ruby suggests to her pokemon. '(For what?)' Hikari asks her. 'New pokemon ofcourse!' Ruby cheerfully says. "I like the idea!" Yuki jumps out of her arms again. '(Well then, let's go!)' Hikari jumps on Ruby's shoulder, Ruby picks up Yuki and as she passes ash she says goodbye to her. 'Goodbye miss! Have a great day.' Ruby smiles and leaves the beach, she immediately walks to the vulcano.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Alice Crenshaw

Alice turned to face Kilik, and it was just in time when his 'Swampert' transformed into a Yanma and flew away from him. Concerned, Alice walked over to him and extended him her arm, to help him get back on his feet. But he was able to stand by himself so she withdrew her arm. The boy was now covered in yucky swamp water.

"Oh, my! Kilik, are you okay?" she asked.

Then, all of a sudden, Alice's Grimer popped out of her filthy Pokéball. She was startled by this, as she thought that only a Trainer could send the Pokémon out. She screamed again because of the fright, but the muddy Pokémon seemed to have calmed down, and didn't seem to want to attack Alice any more, so she calmed down as well.

"Um, hi!" she said awkwardly, "Sorry it I stepped on you..."

MichaelaTheUchiha

Forever Shawol and Aileean
Years
Miharu grinned, setting an arm over Cynthia's shoulder. Despite Cynthia's high heels, they were the same height.

"Awww, look at these little kids!" exclaimed Miharu. "So adorable. Also, I think we're crashing a date."

Cynthia rolled her eyes. "Miharu, shush." She smiled gently at the students. "It is very nice to meet you, Maxwell, Sapphire. No need to be so nervous."

Miharu smirked. "Yeah, Cynthia's a huge softy despite her ruthlessness in battles."

Cynthia elbowed Miharu in the gut, ignoring the grunt of pain that came from Miharu. "Miharu, shush. And like you should be talking, little Miss Ruthless."

"That hurt, Cynthia," Miharu whined. "My heart is breaking. You don't love me anymore. What happened to all those special moments that we had?"

"You're making a bad impression to your future possible students," Cynthia commented.

Miharu shrugged with one arm as the other one was around Cynthia's shoulders. "Eh. I don't care much for first impressions."

"No kidding," Cynthia said dryly. "Wow, I had no idea."

Miharu blinked when Byron came up and patted Maxwell on the shoulder. "Byron! Man, it's been a while since we met each other. What, wasn't that when you gave me that badge? Good times, good times."

Cynthia rolled her eyes. "Hello, Byron. Just showing our new teacher around, Miharu. Perhaps you remember her when she challenged your gym...how many years ago?"

"When was it when we met?" asked Miharu dryly.

Cynthia shrugged as best she could with Miharu's arm over her shoulders. "I don't know."

"Wow, you are really heartless," Miharu commented.

"Miharu and I battled, got hungry, and we came here," said Cynthia to Byron. "What are you doing here?"

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
Years
The Seviper ran off when it finally realized it was outmatched. Alexis did her part as well using her sharp tail to fend off the Seviper. Alexis seemed a bit ashamed of herself for not being able to protect Daniel from that incident. Thankfully though, Daniel was alright.

"Sorry Alexis... I should have stuck closer to them... but we stopped the Seviper at least! Nothing too bad happened! You and I make a good team in this environment!" Len said.

"I know what you mean... but you had it easy compared to me. Though I'll tell you about that later... at least we're alright." Mark said. Snype noticed Thyme jumped down as well to give the Seviper one last hit before it ran off. Snype jumped down into the swampy water to go after Thyme.

"Slow down Thyme he's running. No need to send him back here." Snype said, picking his feet up from the swampy water. Mark sighed. Looks like he'd have to clean up Snype after all...

Mr. Mammoth

One cool snowman
Years
Just as Maxwell thought his nervousness was eased by Sapphire friendly answering his concrete-like introduction, he felt a hand pat his back. The pat was rough, as if it had come from someone very muscular with some sort of gloves... He looked behind him to see Byron standing there. Oh boy. This didn't seem good at all, was Byron here to give him some sort of punishment? Maybe he would be forced to carry rocks on his back for the rest of the week? Or maybe something even worse? Maxwell didn't want to think about the possible outcomes. Now he was more nervous than before, so nervous that Byron's greeting towards Cynthia simply passed right over his head. You could almost see all of the color disappearing from the fifteen year-old's face.

However, his nervousity was eased for a bit when the woman accompanying Cynthia spoke up about someone crashing their date...? Wait, what? Maxwell looked at the woman, she seemed fairly young and apparently she and Cynthia were a couple. He wasn't sure what to think of this, Maxwell had nothing against relationships between two people of the same gender, no, no. It was just that Cynthia seemed like such calm and collected persone and the woman seemed like the complete opposite. Maxwell had never thought that she'd fall for someone like that, but maybe he was just being childish and stupid. So he pushed everything out of his mind for a moment as the Champion spoke to him.

"O-Oh, it's not a problem miss Cynthia. I-I'm just not used to meeting people of your... S-Strenght..." Maxwell kinda stumbled over the last word. He couldn't really find any beter way to express it in his current situatuion. The woman accompanying Cynthia, apparently her name was Miharu, gave off a remark about the Sinnoh Champ being quite a softy. Her comment was quickly answered by Cynthia's elbow finding its way into Miharu's stomach. Ouch, that seemed to hurt... Anyway, the Champion then said something about Miharu making a bad impression on her future students. This came as the next shock for Maxwell, Miharu was a teacher?! He had not expected that, at all. She didn't seem like the general "teacher type", but nothing on this academy was general, now was it?

Everything just spun around in Maxwell's head, all this info and meetings and and and... He wasn't sure if he was able to take this, he had even forgotten his empty stomach! Speaking of which actually made itself reminded by releasing a loud roar, meaning that it wanted food NOW. Maxwell laughed nervously, a bit embarassed at his stomach's sudden outburst. But to calm it he simply took some of the food on his plate and ate it. Slowly but surely did his stomach begin to fill up, and after a few moments was he satisfifed. Although someone else clearly wasn't, and he made himself reminded by bursting out of his Pokéball in a cascade of white light and growl angrily,

"SWI!!!"[FOOD!!!] Wilson roared at his trainer, who quickly began scooping down what was left on the plate into the Swinub's gaping maw. It wasn't enough to satisfye the piglet completely, but it made him a bit calmer at least.

"Koth, sla."[Well this is pretty awkward.] Slackey simply said and went back to sleep.

Back