• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ársa

k.
Years
Managed to snatch a shiny Female Braixen for Zekrom on the GTS. It's only good as a trophy but man, I never thought someone would actually put up a shiny Female Braixen and nobody took it for 30 minutes.

How long ago was this? And was the OT: Callum? Fairly sure I put up a Shiny Female Braixen for a legendary a few days ago - I already had a Shiny Fennekin with better IV's and this one I caught in the FS.

Still an awesome hatch Arsa! I was able to hatch a 5IV (missing attack) Shiny Goomy the other day. ^^ Super pumped.

Thanks! And great work! Can't believe people can be so lucky as to get a flawless shiny post-instacheck. I'm moving onto Moon Ball Misdreavus next!

Years
Hatched this baby on egg #299 today! (Shame about the ability and low SpD though..)

252.png

Modest | Overgrow
31 / 31 / 31 / 31 / 7/ 31
Synthesis - Leech Seed - Dragon Breath - Grassy Terrain​

Awesome job! That's really Kool that it has grassy terrain as well.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Nice Treecko hatch!! I can't seem to get my Charmander.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Was trying the Masuda Method for the first time to get a shiny Electrike (2 boxes full so far) and decided to wonder trade one of my failed ones away. Ended up with a female 2IV HA Eevee from Spain. I'm pretty happy~ even if I've had no luck with shinies yet, that was a pretty good catch!

Years
How long ago was this? And was the OT: Callum? Fairly sure I put up a Shiny Female Braixen for a legendary a few days ago - I already had a Shiny Fennekin with better IV's and this one I caught in the FS.!

Nope. It was a German one with different OT.

Years
Finished getting dex data for all the legendaries I will need to get the shiny charm. I had an Entei and a Giratina left over, woot!
Now to spend my days evolving, breeding, trading, and wonder trading to afford rare candies in order to fill the last 75-80 slots in the national dex.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
How do you people get so many shinies, I haven't gotten one yet omfg.

Anyway I've been wondertrading for the past hour or so and I've gotten some pretty decent trades including a few hidden ability Pokemon with good IVs. As well as Treecko and Turtwig.

I've also been breeding Fennekin all day and I keep getting 31 / xx / xx / 31 / 31 / 31 I'm literally gonna throw my 3DS out the window. If this is all down to luck it's disgustingly bad, that stupid defense IV won't pass down, it did the same with Skiddo omfg.

Years
I started my gen 6 shiny collection by battling a lot in friend safaris. Either looking for hidden abilities or just to evolve pokemon. I also live in the qtt and good deals randomly pop up.
Someone offering shinies for hidden abilities or legendaries.
I've also gotten at least 1 from someone restarting their game and they didn't want the shiny to go to waste. Also, a lot of time and patience on the gts.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
Wow, Wonder Trade has been great for me today! In addition to my aforementioned Eevee, I've gotten a 5IV Gastly, Garchomp, and Mawile, and a bunch of 3 and 4 IV pokemon too! Guess it's a consolation prize for having to go back to school tomorrow :P

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
How do you people get so many shinies, I haven't gotten one yet omfg.

Anyway I've been wondertrading for the past hour or so and I've gotten some pretty decent trades including a few hidden ability Pokemon with good IVs. As well as Treecko and Turtwig.

I've also been breeding Fennekin all day and I keep getting 31 / xx / xx / 31 / 31 / 31 I'm literally gonna throw my 3DS out the window. If this is all down to luck it's disgustingly bad, that stupid defense IV won't pass down, it did the same with Skiddo omfg.

I breed most of mine. The IV passing is a pattern. I often run into the same problems. If you need Pokemon to breed I have some. Good 5-6IV Parents. Now that I have a foreign Ditto with 6IV I don't need them. All in all it's just luck. I got my first Gen 6 Shiny hatch, a Tyrunt after 44 eggs. Charmander on the other hand is being terrible. It hates me. All I want is my Timid Shiny Charmander with the proper IV. I haven't even gotten a single shiny. This is ridiculous considering MM and a 5IV mother with 6IV father.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
My recent breeds:
Honedge - Heal Ball
Adamant | No Guard | Female & Male
31/31/31/x/31/31

Rotom - Regular Ball
Modest | Levitate | Genderless
31/31/31/31/31/31

Riolu - Regular Ball
Jolly | Steadfast | Male
31/31/31/31/31/31

Gible - Luxury Ball
Jolly | Rough Skin | Male
31/31/31/x/31/31
Egg moves: Iron Head, Outrage, Iron Tail
Having a flawless Ditto makes life so much easier :D

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I'm bored at work people. Everybody appears to be busy with life or something.

As I've left internet signal area for my 3DS I'll get back to breeding. What should I breed? What does the community need? lunis said I should breed the new fossils, I was thinking maybe Skarmory as I haven't seen anybody really offering and it is OU.

In short, what does the community need bred? What do we need that nobody has yet?

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
It figure I should probably say hello and post here since I have a trade shop now and stuffs...
So count that little sentence as my introduction to the Trade Corner because I´m very tired to do a more proper one.

And I gotta nap, I have 12 requests to attend but am very tired and didn´t get enough sleep to attend them all righ now :/
So hello, I´m Resolution, I have a Trade Shop. Insert an emotive and epic speech here. I need to sleep, pleasure to maek your acquaintance.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Nice!! Congratulations buddy. I just got my first Event. It's a Darkrai.

NICE! Is is the Platinum event that would have been caught on the island, or one of the events that has an event ribbon? I'm asking because I am very curious to see if event ribbon Pokemon are still blocked from the GTS.

Right now I have nearly every legendary, and working at the last few. I keep seeing that most people on the GTS are asking for event only Pokemon (Mew and Celebi in particular) for Legendaries. And it seems like a pointless request for the most part.

I would have figured that enough people cloned multiple of the legendaries before uploading them to the Pokebank, so certain ones should be no less common than any other legendary.... For example, Manaphy I would think would be "easy enough" to find given that most of them should have come from the eggs via the Ranger games. Victini feels like similar in that it "should be" easy enough to come accross, but I do not see them either.

I did just let myself fall for the thieves on GTS... Someone had a Ditto listed as "RNGed in B/W-has 6IV and HA". Although I was not worried about the Imposter ability, and I REALLY did not "need" a perfect Ditto as I do most of my breeding with 5IV males I had already bred it just sounded "nice." I traded a Dialga for it.... I should have thought a few extra seconds on it. It had three perfects, and it's normal ability.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
NICE! Is is the Platinum event that would have been caught on the island, or one of the events that has an event ribbon? I'm asking because I am very curious to see if event ribbon Pokemon are still blocked from the GTS.

Right now I have nearly every legendary, and working at the last few. I keep seeing that most people on the GTS are asking for event only Pokemon (Mew and Celebi in particular) for Legendaries. And it seems like a pointless request for the most part.

I would have figured that enough people cloned multiple of the legendaries before uploading them to the Pokebank, so certain ones should be no less common than any other legendary.... For example, Manaphy I would think would be "easy enough" to find given that most of them should have come from the eggs via the Ranger games. Victini feels like similar in that it "should be" easy enough to come accross, but I do not see them either.

I did just let myself fall for the thieves on GTS... Someone had a Ditto listed as "RNGed in B/W-has 6IV and HA". Although I was not worried about the Imposter ability, and I REALLY did not "need" a perfect Ditto as I do most of my breeding with 5IV males I had already bred it just sounded "nice." I traded a Dialga for it.... I should have thought a few extra seconds on it. It had three perfects, and it's normal ability.
It is the Event Darkrai and they are blocked from putting them up as well as trading them to people asking for them. I think the GTS should block people asking for Pokémon that are untradable on the GTS. Why does it allow those requests when the system won't let you do it?

You really should have just shopped here for a 6IV Ditto. I got mine here. Now I breed like a boss. It took me about an hour to catch a 0IV mother and breed it up to a 5IV with the proper spread. If I start with a Safari mother it's even faster. Look here for all your trades for certain IV. The GTS is just for Shiny/Legendary hunting.

Perriechu

Years
Ugh I really need this Fennekin to get its defense IV. :( It's all the same 31 / xx / xx / 31 / 31 / 31

I can't find a 6IV Ditto anywhere, all of mine are 2/3

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
It is the Event Darkrai and they are blocked from putting them up as well as trading them to people asking for them. I think the GTS should block people asking for Pokémon that are untradable on the GTS. Why does it allow those requests when the system won't let you do it?

Well......
In theory most event exclusives should be available without ribbons, therefore blocking people from requesting Mew and the like outright defeats the purpose of blocking the ribbons (which really also prevent the trading of events that had special moves, etc).
Mew and Deoxys both had events in Gen III where they could be caught in the wild (Mew was only in Japan).
Celebi and Jirachi were a preorder bonus for Colloseum (celebi being exvlusive to Japan)
Gen IV saw Darkrai and Shaymin both events that uou could catch in game. Manaphy was an egg event via the Ranger games.
Gen V saw Victini the same way, and saw Arceus as a Dreamworld Event.

So far only Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect are only available with a ribbon that would preventball trafing.

You really should have just shopped here for a 6IV Ditto. I got mine here. Now I breed like a boss. It took me about an hour to catch a 0IV mother and breed it up to a 5IV with the proper spread. If I start with a Safari mother it's even faster. Look here for all your trades for certain IV. The GTS is just for Shiny/Legendary hunting.

Yeah, well I was acctually not looking for a 6iv Ditto, I was looking for a shiny one, but when I saw the claim of 6iv I thought on it. The only reason I snagged it was the claim og "rng in b/w" which made me trust a bit too much.

As you said though, the GTS is good for shiny hunting and legendaries. I snagged a shiny Magikarp for onlyna Ditto, a Kyogre for a Tottodile, and a shiny Gyrados for a Chimchar. Not to mention the extras of the three birds, and X/Y mascots I was able to snag for only starters that I was able to recycle as trade fodder for other legendaries. At this point I am missing only 7 legendaries (all from gen 4 and gen 5)... other than the event exclusives.

As I bring up though, the event exclusives feel possible because of all the ticket events, the gen 3 events without ribbons, and the dream world Arceus.

I am not overly heartbroken over the ditto I pulled off the gts. I am unhappy that someone would so blatantly lie. I think that was scummy of them... but I have pulled so many trades that are much more in my favor, and had only the one lie.... so I have nothing in the long run to complain about. And a lesson learned.

Oh, my favorite is all the people who claim a Pokemon is shiny when the GTS luckily lets you see that status... and those that claim Pokerus when the pokemon has a cured strain and can not pass it on. I also find funny that people will ask "shiny only please" in their requests. There is no way to enforce that request, and I sm sure a lot ofbpeople get heartbroken over it.

Perriechu

Years
Oh my god. :)) Remember that annoying Skiddo that I had the defense IV problem with? Well I decided to take another shot at it and it worked. Gonna try it again with Fennekin.

Once I've got this one out the way I'm gonna start on competitive Pokemon. Atm I've just been breeding Kalos Pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back