• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

UnHoly

The Invincible
Years
wow the hack looks great, i cant wait to see and play a full version, please dont let this hack die

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 29, 2009
I will go crazy if this hack doesn't get finished...This'll be the billionth remake that gets scrapped if you give up. So far it's looking pretty good. JUST DON'T GIVE UP!!!

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Niceness, this seems really kickass, i'd say its even more kickass than the G/S/C remake thats similar to this in alot of ways, I would really love to help out with this, also are you thinking of doing Silver and Crystal?, and yes Rainbow would be correct, since when Ash saw Ho-Oh there was a Rainbow behind it.

Years
~BUMP~

Oh btw, its looking very good, just one question, are you doing this all by memory? or by having a copy of Pokemon gold and skimming through?

JW

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Don't worry people, as long as I can I'll keep on working on it (but, you know, life is more important)

About names, I like the name "Shiny Gold", so that's gonna be the official name, and I wont change it (I've even edited the title screen with this name, so no changes). About graphics, well, I've said it a few times already. Gameplay first, graphics later (I personally think that scripting gives the game the feel of Gold more than graphics. However, graphics are also important, I know)

I'd be a Pokémon freak if I did all my hack out of my memory (which, by the way, is not great). I hope that answers your question:classic:

In the meantime, I post my last screenshots. I'll start mapping Ecruteak tomorrow, releasing the beta, updating my first post. Wow, so many things to do...
See ya!

image34mk9.png
image35xz2.png
image36rs7.png

Kurosaki Ichigo

Flannery's #1 Obsessor
Years
Nice Dude!, And I know you want to do things yourself, but I have this thing to just well...help out with trainer stuff and that kinda thing @_@

Years
very awesome screens, and umm, when will the beta be released? me along with many others im sure are very anxious to try out the beta, and im guessing the beta goes up to Ecruteak city?

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Yep, tomorrow I release the beta, which, by the way, goes as far as my screenshots (meaning Azalea). The rest I keep for myself, as I always keep on doing changes and testing.

DarkArcz

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
This is more awesome than I thought...You've scripted till so far? Thats pretty good, considering you only started awhile ago. Azalea Gym look great! It looks just like G/S/C version of the Gym(with better graphics anyway).I personnaly don't see any problem with your graphics(for the screenshots anyway) they look better then most Gold remakes, and you have only just started out.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Well, well, finally the time has come... In case you haven't read my first post (which you should do, I already said so), I've uploaded the Version1 of Shiny Gold! I didn't want to put a link, I wanted to upload the zip in the community but, since the upload failed again and again, well, I've just uploaded somewhere else (we'll see about that later)

Keep in mind the posted glitches. Feel free to post your own, and express your opinions about the game. I hope you can enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

I was forgetting something. Don't play the game so seriously, because perhaps newer versions may have fixes which will destroy an old version's game (don't train your pokémon to lv100 expecting to crush the next version :)).

to sena82: thanks for all your help. About the titlescreen, I've already edited it, so I don't need it. And about the johto's tileset, wow, that's some huge help. Just a small question, I think I've seen it in As_Stars_Go_Out's hack. So I'm a bit confused, did you create it?. In case I could use it, who should I give credit?

para alexmad: bienvenido nuevamente!

to everyone else: thanks all of you! (specially DarkArcz)

In the meantime, I wonder... Is there anyone playing the original Gold? Because I wanted to update the rematch battles. So a list with trainer name, pokemon list and their levels could be useful (and I wanted to test how rematches in FR work)

And, I'm thinking about adding a new rival. Well, to tell the truth, it would have to be two rivals. A couple of people (male&female), which will annoy the player with their love for each other (of course this means there's gonna be double battles with them each time). So I'm thinking about letting two of you to become those two trainers. What do you think? (I know it sounds weird...:laugh: )

Well, I think that's all I had to say. I'll come back later.

Years
  • Seen Jul 23, 2011
Well, well, finally the time has come... In case you haven't read my first post (which you should do, I already said so), I've uploaded the Version1 of Shiny Gold! I didn't want to put a link, I wanted to upload the zip in the community but, since the upload failed again and again, well, I've just uploaded somewhere else (we'll see about that later)

Keep in mind the posted glitches. Feel free to post your own, and express your opinions about the game. I hope you can enjoy it as much as I enjoyed creating it.

I was forgetting something. Don't play the game so seriously, because perhaps newer versions may have fixes which will destroy an old version's game (don't train your pokémon to lv100 expecting to crush the next version :)).

to sena82: thanks for all your help. About the titlescreen, I've already edited it, so I don't need it. And about the johto's tileset, wow, that's some huge help. Just a small question, I think I've seen it in As_Stars_Go_Out's hack. So I'm a bit confused, did you create it?. In case I could use it, who should I give credit?

para alexmad: bienvenido nuevamente!

to everyone else: thanks all of you! (specially DarkArcz)

In the meantime, I wonder... Is there anyone playing the original Gold? Because I wanted to update the rematch battles. So a list with trainer name, pokemon list and their levels could be useful (and I wanted to test how rematches in FR work)

And, I'm thinking about adding a new rival. Well, to tell the truth, it would have to be two rivals. A couple of people (male&female), which will annoy the player with their love for each other (of course this means there's gonna be double battles with them each time). So I'm thinking about letting two of you to become those two trainers. What do you think? (I know it sounds weird...:laugh: )

Well, I think that's all I had to say. I'll come back later.

Well I asked gameguy and he said I or anyone could use them but they must give credit.And when someone starts a remake I have a habit of helping them alot,and can I be the male trainer,and well done,you have set a limit that has not been set before on this forum.

Edit-OMG just like GSC,Can I be your buddy for life

and I like how you made yourseldf a character
maybe you can learn how to revamp some GSC music

I think some of the revamped music is already in the FR/LG rom and some are in emerald

and I am definatly flash carting this when the hack is done because I want to play this game all the time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back