• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Try in IrfanView Image > Decrease Color Depth > 16 colors. IrfanView tries to keep the new image as true to the original as possible. After this, you can save it as a .bmp file.

Years
Well, from my experiences, I think you've inserted some tiles into a secondary tileset. Then you used the tiles from the secondary tileset in the first block. You then used these blocks to map in maps that don't use the same secondary tileset. I'm not sure if I was very clear, it's just a theory anyway.

EDIT: Oh and you can't do that. Unless, of course, obviously, evidently, for sure, you use that secondary tileset for the maps as well :)

Problem with that is, I havn't even inserted tiles yet. I've changed nothing in the game other than scripts and maps. :S

link12552

decade club
Years
Import 16- Color PNG

How do I save an image as a 16-bit bmp without it completely messing up (going black and white and losing about 90% of the image)? I have tried indexing a png version of it on infanview and then saving it as a bmp file but then I can't import it on NSE because apparently it isn't a 16-bit bmp file.

Download the Technical Preview of NSE.
In it you can import 16 color PNG's and BMP's.

Hope it works XD

Years
  • Seen Nov 24, 2010
I got some freezing problems after deleting some script boxes including some and the person box near the old man and in front of the gym whenever the box saying the city is supposed to appear. I asked for help before and said that I should try deleting the level script. I don't know what he meant, all he said was to get rid of the level script because it might be causing a header script conflict. If needed I can send a link to the IPS Patch for my hack.
progress.gif
http://www.pokecommunity.com/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=6224659

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
so im havin some trouble... im making a brand new cave but when i try to make the exit to the cave, it doesnt work... my warp tile is set correctly and in the right place... whats the problem?

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
so im havin some trouble... im making a brand new cave but when i try to make the exit to the cave, it doesnt work... my warp tile is set correctly and in the right place... whats the problem?
Are the movement permissions correct?

If you're not sure, check a pre-existing cave to see how it's set up. :3

konman719

Hacker
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2011
Are the movement permissions correct?

If you're not sure, check a pre-existing cave to see how it's set up. :3
yes im positive the movement permissions and everything is correct, ive checked a million times but cant figure it out

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 10, 2024

At a guess, you selected the wrong tile.

In caves, there are 2 identical fllor tiles - identical in every way bar 1. One tile has as it's block behaviour to use the warp, the other (the standard floor tile that is used everywhere bar in front of the entrance) doesn't.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
Years
Maybe its a connection issue? Did you make the right connections?
Warps have nothing to do with map connections...
I got some freezing problems after deleting some script boxes including some and the person box near the old man and in front of the gym whenever the box saying the city is supposed to appear. I asked for help before and said that I should try deleting the level script. I don't know what he meant, all he said was to get rid of the level script because it might be causing a header script conflict. If needed I can send a link to the IPS Patch for my hack.
To delete a level script, go to A-Map, go to the map in which you want to delete the level script, go to Header and at the Map script part, press 'Remove' until all level scripts are removed. There you go, that map no longer has these level scripts in its bank.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2022
I think this is an easy one, but oh well:

When doing an map in emerald, and you want to make grid lines so you can make the straight routes,
which is the best opion when using paint?
(The measure of the grids are less then the 8x8, so I'm kinda of stuck with this... :/ )

Also, how can you make grid lines when using GIMP?
(Please help me, It's been a whole day since i tried to figure out how to put this s*** on the rom! And i'm kind of in the same situation as yesterday... LOL)

Thank you for your answer ;)

PS: If you want, you can do my map... just talk to me... ;) lol.

Pokemaniaco

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years

That's mostly music, and the fanfares it does have just say a number, I don't know exactly what fanfare they are.
If I'm correct the ID of the fanfare is on there also. Plus you could change the music to that fanfare and open VBA and check out how it sounds. XD

Shove

Showoff
Years
  • Seen Oct 19, 2013
I'm having the most horrible time editing the hero/ine backsprites for Leaf Green.
I've looked up and read countless tutorials and guides but it's still confusing to me, since i'm new to this.
Not really understanding palette changes, everytime I edit the backsprite to colors I want, then test it in-game the colors are completely different that what I had put in TMA.
Basically, could someone explain in kind of a step-by-step dumbed down version to coloring the backsprites right?

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
I'm having the most horrible time editing the hero/ine backsprites for Leaf Green.
I've looked up and read countless tutorials and guides but it's still confusing to me, since i'm new to this.
Not really understanding palette changes, everytime I edit the backsprite to colors I want, then test it in-game the colors are completely different that what I had put in TMA.
Basically, could someone explain in kind of a step-by-step dumbed down version to coloring the backsprites right?

When you change the colors in Tile Molester, you're not actually changing the palette in the ROM. All you're doing is changing the colors that Tile Molester, the program, is using to view the game's data.

Sadly, I don't own a Leaf Green ROM so I can't find the address of the palette for you. However, I can tell you how you might be able to find it. First, play through your game until you reach a point where the backsprite is visible (i.e., get into a battle). Then, click "Tools > Palette Viewer..." and hit the "Save OBJ..." button. Save the palette but be sure to save it as a "PaintShop Palette (.PAL)" or "Adobe Color Table (.ACT)" file. Next, open up Advanced Palette Editor (link) and load your ROM. Select "Load by searching" under "Palette Loading Options" and, in the "Actual Palette" area, click the "Import..." button (it should be the only clickable button). In the window that pops up, select the palette you saved from before (change the file type to ".pal" or ".act" depending on which format you saved the palette in). I'm not sure if this is the same for Leaf Green but the backsprite palette should be the first palette that shows up (if not, you can use the arrow buttons to sort through the palettes inside the file). Anyway, check the box labeled "Compressed Palette (LZ77)" and then hit "Search". The number in the box should change from '00000000' to something like '00E76EBC' (that's the address in Fire Red; it'll probably be something slightly different in Leaf Green). To change the palette in the ROM, hit the "Copy..." button (it's the palette icon in the "Actual Palette" area without any arrows on it), edit some of the colors down in the "Changed Palette" area, and then hit "Replace".

Note: there are actually two palettes that share the exact same colors (I'm guessing that there's one copy for each gender) so after hitting "Replace", you'll have to hit "Search" again (the number in the box should change) and then press "Replace" once more. As always, test in-game to make sure that it's working.

Hope that helps!

Years
  • Seen Aug 3, 2011
Do you know how i export the backsprite of the player trainer in AGIXP?

if not, what else can i do to export the backsprite of the player trainer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back