Advertiser Content

Emerald Pokémon Glazed! (Beta 7 Released!) Page 270

Started by redriders180 November 29th, 2012 9:36 PM
  • 6749 replies
  • Poll

Should Glazed 2 be a ROM Hack or RPG Maker Game?

• 60.95%
  • 11.84%
  • 27.21%
Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
30 posts
123 Days
Don't use this. Grab 8.5.1 below this post, it fixed a important crash.
Spoiler:
And here is 8.5, fixing the crash from the last version, though I took this opportunity to tweak the levels to the trainers too (No more major grinding for the first 4 Gyms). What the future holds may be different, but (hopefully) this will be the last patch I plan to release, or at least for a long time.

What began as me wanting to have animated sprites while playing turned into a lot more, though I tried my best to keep it where anyone that had played version 7b before will still find that this is the same Glazed that they remember playing, but with a lot better polish.

Unfortunately redriders180/Lucbui has been inactive for several years, and I was unable to contact them to get their permission to work on this. (If you know how to do so, that would be great!) That said, the original 8.0 patch - designed to enable animations when Pokémon comes out to battle - was supposed to be private, but I realized that a lot of other people would want to play with animations enabled as well. Since then I've kept to only small tweaks and bug fixes to improve the quality of the game, but without adding major changes to the game to keep the core game intact and as is, as I felt I had no right doing so without his permission. That's also part of the reason why I'm putting off doing anymore patchs for the game, as I would still like to be able to get permission before doing so (even if I do get permission, I won't be doing another until at least December).

So while I couldn't get permission to edit the game, I was extra careful to respect and keep it true to the original game as possible, leaving nearly no visible changes for a play though of the game. Aside from the animate sprites, nearly every change I made was fixing a bug, kept under the hood, or a small quality of life edit.

This was basically my first experience rom haking and was just meant to be a simple touch-up to the game for me to keep, but I'm glad to have put in the time working on this and putting this out there. I ended up learning a lot of things doing this, and can appreciate what already existed in Glazed a lot more. I would definitely like to work on a project like this or something similar in the future.

(And yes, this post is somewhat of a copy/paste of my last one, but that's because I want the post with the lattest update to have all of the information with it.)
(Also, over 700 downloads for 8.4 in four days. It's great that interest in this game is still so strong!)

7b saves and other 8.X saves are compatible with 8.5. Use NPS patcher with a clean Emerald rom to use this patch (Get these yourself, it's not hard too find).

Overall summery of changes from 7b:
  • Animations for Pokémon are no longer disabled and is working for all Pokémon. (Sprites by MrDollSteak Sprite Resource)
  • By editing EV's and slightly levels, the areas of the first four Gyms are easier, Post 8th Gym is harder a bit harder, and Post 16th Gym is a good bit harder (Smother difficulty curve overall).
  • Pokémon stats, moves learnset (mostly TMs and Tutors anyway), move power, items and more is updated to match Gen7 from Gen6.
  • Steel no longer resist Dark and Ghost.
  • Opponent trainers now properly recognize Fairy type.
  • Icons for Physical/Special/Status moves (physical/special split already existed).
  • Mega Pokémon now can actually learn moves, and can change back by using the Mega Stone again (It's still acts like normal evolution though).
  • Cameron's Dojo is now less of a grind and won't overlevel your team using it.
  • Scarfed Pikachu is a lot stronger (but still reasonable, just enough to not be terrible).
  • Most gift and trade Pokémon now hold items, and many wild Pokémon now have held items included in later games.
  • EV capped at 252.
  • Stats now show color based on Nature.
  • Mew/Arceus (aka Deoxys) from outside of the event now obeys.
  • Default options when starting a new game will have the text speed set to "Fast", sound setting set to "Stereo", and PC boxs will now use all 12 wall papers when starting a new save instead of repeating the first 4.
  • Maps had 99% of errors fixed, so no more invisible walls or tables you can walk though.
  • Mega Stone X now has an icon.
  • A bunch of Pokédex stuff fixed.
  • Lots. Of. Bug fixes.
  • Overall lots of quality improvements.

Change log:
8.5 Changelog (Bug fix + small patch):
  • Levels for trainers are slightly changed (early game is easier, late game is slightly harder and slightly smother) (Blazed Glazed probably does a better job, having more change to the overall levels throughout, while this change keeps most of the general existing level curve)
  • Wild Pokémon can be found at a slightly higher level early and late game for balance
  • Manaphy Pokédex entry crash is fixed
  • Mawile no longer steals Girafarig Pokédex entry
  • (Not in-game related) Fixed a couple spots in the changelog where I said Tundo (First Region) instead of Raknor (Third Region) (It's spelt Tunod anyway).

The older patches I have made I'm also providing their changlog below:

8.4 Changelog (Medium size patch):
Spoiler:
Map changes:
  • Mt. Frozen layout fixed
  • Peaks of Alpha layout touched up
  • Ruins of Alph shifted so the readable text on the wall is more apparent
  • Mew healer uses the right sprite and leaves with the other NPC
  • Fixed using dig/escape rope in Spacial Ruins
  • Using dig/escape rope in Mt. Tritorch, Mt. Dyno, Mt. Frozon, and Peaks of Alpha, now no longer takes you to the deepest part of the cave when visited, but actually outside (dig/escape rope is disabled in the deepest rooms)
  • (You still should save before using them, but that means that using dig/escape rope should be safe now)
  • Ditto can be found on New Island inside, and Feebas can be found outside (Feabas was added earlier when I was fixing the surf encounters everywhere else)
  • All Teleporters can now be used from any side, and the one in Olivine City doesn't require you to step away and back to use it when you warp there
  • A Dusk Stone can be found in Darkwood Grotto (all evolution stones can now be found before the E4)
  • Brass Tower includes higher level Rattata and Rattacate
  • Belltime Trial now includes music
  • Fixed the glitch where it becomes impossible to leave the Rankor Ferry (Selecting A fast enough would let you talk to the sailor again before you warp to the ship, which resets your choice of island you are going to, and leaving the game unable to figure out where you should go leaving you stuck - this was fixed by changing when the flags are changed to later in the script)

Trainers:
  • Rankor region trainers are even stronger (via EV) (Johto and Rankor trainers were increased previously)
  • All important trainers main Pokémon is at least one level higher than the rest of their party (1+ increase for most of those that were changed, 3rd and 4th Gym team is slightly lowered instead)
  • Each Mega Pokémon can be found on at least one team of trainers in Rankor
  • Prices for the move relarner and Dojo increased
  • Berry Prices increased, especially the useful ones

Pokémon data:
  • Riolu, Shinx and Luxio has stats buffed to that of a starter Pokémon (or at least a bit under)
  • Riolu moveset changed so it doesn't suck before it evolves
  • Monferno stats are corrected
  • Mega Salamence and Manetric second frame added
  • The last two in-game trades now includes a special exclusive ability, like the rest of the existing trades
  • Jirachi is now somewhat easier to catch (catch rate 3-->10)
  • Rock Climb TM uses the correct color, and Rock Climb itself is now properly blocked by Protect
  • Pokémon with 2 abilities had a chance to evolve into a new evolutions with nothing for their second ability - now fixed 100%

Other minor fixes and changes.

8.3.1 Changelog (Bug fix):
Spoiler:
  • Fixed the warp in the main player's home.

8.3 Changelog (Bug fix + extra):
Spoiler:
  • Ho-oh event fixed
  • Green Swamp no longer spawns lv.1-99 Scrafty
  • New Island now has a Johto transport system present. (New Island had the dive spot removed in a previous update due to some people entering the void rather than where they were supposed to - Now you can leave the island again)
  • Pikachu badge event "fixed"
  • Some new evolutions had a 50% chance of having no abilities, fixed (already existed in 7b)
  • Cameron's Dojo level greatly lowered (Now you can EV grind without being greatly overleveled for the rest of the game)
  • Other minor fixes and changes

8.2 Changes (Big patch):
Spoiler:
-Trainers
  • A few more trainers were fixed (one had a team of 5 Gyarados and 1 ??????????, another had a Lv.25 Gyarados on a otherwise full Lv.60 team, etc.)
  • Levels are untouched, but several EV for trainers has been adjusted (early Gym leaders should be earlier, important Trainers teams and main Pokémon is stronger, etc.)
  • Some redundant movesets are changed (like Sword Dance + Choice Band)
  • Some important trainers have more held items on their teams now (mostly type boosting items)

-Maps/Overworld
  • Most-to-all maps have been checked and where needed fixed, from trees you could walk though, to water you could walk on, to even the kitchen sink (that a npc was standing on) - This mostly involves walkable/non-walkable parts being corrected, but some other things were the water in the Safari zone and in the first town was edited, and a couple maps were updated to use the correct music
  • Several tiles was changed so they behaved properly (trees appear below the trainer, having water properties for land tiles, etc.)
  • Several maps had surfable water with no wild Pokémon data causing none to appear, or worse, partial data present causing ?????????? to appear instead. All areas have been updated where needed
  • Encounter rates changed, mostly with dive Pokémon
  • Roserade can now be found in the back area of the Tunod Safari Zone (supposedly all Pokémon are available already, but Roselia doesn't exist in this hack and so you can't get it from evolving, leaving it unavailable) It is available in Johto, so I guess you can get it earlier now
  • Using dig/escape rope in the spatial ruins still takes you to the wrong spot, but now you can leave by talking to the npc (works with existing saves if you are currently stuck there)
  • Removed the dive spot at Newborn Island (It lead to nowhere, leaving you trapped)
  • Serenity Ticket cost changed from 500$ to 50$ (you can be stuck if you don't have enough money)
  • A breakable rock was moved in Mt. Stratus to make it more apparent that you can go around it.
  • A NPC was added to Seaspry Town recommending the player to check the Lighthouse Challenge in Serenity Isle
  • Signs were added to Johto's Victory Road clarifying that the two ladders are dive spots

-Pokémon Data
  • Mega Pokémon can de-evolove with a mega stone now, and Charziard can change between X and Y form
  • All Eeveelutions now give 3 EV rather than 2 (reduces the EV grind at Cameron's Dojo)
  • Zoroa and Zoroark each have 15 more attack to match their sp. attack (65->80, 105->120) (almost every level up move it gets is physical, and they are used a LOT by important trainers)
  • Kyurem (base) and Colbalian now have their correct stats
  • Ho-Oh is now genderless, rather than always being male
  • Arceus sprite fixed...again
  • Event battle only mons gives more exp. for beating them (just enough to level up with your first battle with Scarfed Pikachu, Max for the other)

-Pokémon moves
  • All TM/HM have been gone over to let Gen1-3 Pokémon that learns a move in a later generation to be able learn it in this game (Enti, Magmar and Manectric now learn Overheat for example) - Gen4-6 Pokémon that got a Gen3 TM move via Tutor has been updated as well*
  • *All Pokémon that can learn Close Combat can learn Superpower
  • All Mega Pokémon now can learn moves via TM, tutors, and level up (The Kanto starters all learn their signature moves at lv.70, otherwise all Mega forms has the same learnset)
  • Fire Punch and Thunder punch now has data set on each Pokémon for tutor moves, with new tutors located in Southerly City and Northcoast Town respectfully
  • The added evolutions (and Kyurem forms) has been gone over for consistent TM/HM/Tutor compatibility with previous evolutions/forms
-Individual Pokémon moves
  • Mewtwo, Regigigass, Salamance, and Arceus levels for learning moves is tweaked so they all learn their moves earlier (more around in the 80s for their last move rather than 90s-100)
  • Snivy is no longer missing level up moves after the point it would evolve
  • Monferno and Infernape can learn Superpower (in place of Close Combat) (Torment is now a move relearner move)
  • Froslass now learns Will-O-Wisp instead of Draco Meteor (moves slightly shifted to not have just a bunch of status moves in a row)
  • Blastoise, Mew and Mewtwo now has Aura Sphere over Lv.1 moves (for the move relearner)
  • Clefable, Gardivar, Togetic, and Crisselia all learn Moonblast via level up or move relearner (giving a level up STAB move for the first 3 - it's a TM exclusive move otherwise)
  • Zoroark now learns Extrasensory (a egg move) and Crunch (new) - now its best level up move by power is no longer Faint Attack
  • Gliscor now learns Knock Off over learning Furry Cutter twice in a row
  • Joltic and Galvantula now learns Thunder over Agility for the last move and Agility over String Shot at Lv.1
  • Scarfed Pikachu now has Takle over Thundershock, so Piplup users doesn't get destroyed in their fist battle

-Misc
  • Steel no longer resist Dark and Ghost
  • Default options when starting a new game will have the text speed set to "Fast", sound setting set to "Stereo", and PC boxs will now use all 12 wall papers when starting a new save instead of repeating the first 4
  • A most gift and trade Pokémon now hold items
  • Opponent trainers now properly recognize Fairy type
  • Several items (mainly potions and type boosting items like the Nevermelt Ice) had their effect updated to Gen7 standards
  • Most-to-all items sell/buy prices updated
  • Mega Stone X now has an icon

-Spoiler
Spoiler:
  • To make Scarfed Pikachu bulkier, it's stats in now 80/100/80/100/80/120 (which is equal to a slightly faster Flygon)
  • Scarfed Pikachu can learn every HM type move in the game, as well as some flavor TM moves (Taunt, Torment, Thief, Snatch)
  • "Enraged" Mew has 205/150/65/150/80/100 stats (same as 120/110/120 bulk) - there is a healer available right before the fight
  • Both are holding Lum Berry (when Scarfed Pikachu isn't called by the script to use another item)

8.1 Changes (Bug fix + extra):
Spoiler:
[LIST]Removed a change for wait-loop optimization that just broke stuff more than it helped
Fixed Arceus back sprite to not just be a block
Updated all pc/party icons with the Gen4 style by MrDollSteak resource[LIST]

8.0 Changes (First big patch):
Spoiler:
Trainers changes:
  • #030 Couple - Now a double battle (might change back, it's probably the only one in the game)
  • #674 Sora - Corrupted team now exist with Pokémon from earlier team (post-game psychic user now no longer uses a low level team of Skarmory, Swellow, and 4 ??????????)
  • #703 Lax - Team now have actual moves, rather than struggle
  • #??? Regina - One instance was a "Team Fusion" class, changed to "Fusion Boss" for consistency
  • A few boss battles now have a single healing item
  • Several important characters now have an ai level higher than 1

Pokémon changes:
  • Pokémon now animate like in vanilla Emerald, thanks to MrDollSteak for his sprite resource
  • All stats has been updated from Gen6 standard to Gen7 standard
  • Most moves power, acc. and PP updated to Gen7 (and fixed, Hi Jump Kick now has 130 power, not 130 acc.)
  • Other simple changes to moves effect, like Crunch now lowering physical defense instead of special defense
  • Several wild Pokémon now have items based on later generations
  • Spinda now no longer cries like the mighty Dialga
  • Gurdurr and Mega Charziard X can now breed (It's been mentioned that Greninja has produced Bulbasaur eggs, this may be due to it occupying one of the slots between Treecko and Celebi. These two will likely suffer the same if true.)
  • All new Pokémon have been checked for base happiness, hatch rate, and egg group (There was a lot fixed)
  • Electrode is now genderless, Mega Lucario is no longer genderless, and all other Mega Pokémon no longer have a 1/255 chance of becoming female
  • Scarf Pikachu now has the stats that it has in Blazed Glazed (60/100/55/100/80/110-505-Raichu stats +10 attack/sp. attack) (as to make it not a pushover), and is holding a Lum Berry Updated in 8.2

Pokedex changes:
  • A couple Pokémon still had entries from what they replaced, now updated
  • Fixed Pokedex Color for several Pokémon (mostly the glitched ones between Treecko and Celebi though)
  • Fixed the pointer for Wynaut's entry
  • All NAMES and POKéMON are capitalized for consistency

Miscellaneous changes:
  • EV capped at 252
  • Stats now show color based on Nature
  • Icons for Physical/Special/Status moves
  • Mew/Aeceus (aka Deoxys) from outside of the events now obeys
  • An optimization to the wait-for-loop function, which makes the game faster when using VBA's Turbo mode (leave it turned off on boot to avoid a possible crash though) Removed in 8.1, broke stuff

And that is the end of the changlogs.

For some frequently asked questions, I'm listing some changes Pokémon Glazed (both 7b and 8.5) had changed from Emerald:

Move changes:
Spoiler:
Barrage - Aura Sphere
Octazooka - Play Rough
Smelling Salt - Draco Metor
Assist - Scald
Tail Glow - Shadow Sneak
Ice Ball - Moonblast
Water Spout - Storm Surge (120 power move that lowers the user Sp. Attack, uses the same animation and description otherwise) (This was changed back)

Pokémon added - removed:
Spoiler:
-Gen4
turtwig - lotad
grotle - lombre
torterra - ludicolo
chimchar - seedot
monferno - nuzleaf
infernape - shiftry
piplup - sealeo
prinplup - walrein
empoleon - cacnea
buizel - luvdisc
shinx - spoink
luxio - loudred
luxray - exploud
floatzel - corphish
roserade - stantler
skorupi - exeggcute
croagunk - gulpin
toxicroak - swalot
mismagius - relicanth
honchkrow - volbeat
drapion - exeggutor
riolu - skitty
lucario - delcatty
gible - carvanha
gabite - sharpedo
garchomp - trapinch*
magnezone - crawdaunt
lickilicky - barboach
rhyperior - whiscash
tangrowth - tropius
electivire - numel
magmortar - camerupt
leafeon - cascoon
glaceon - hariyama
ambipom - baltoy
togekiss - claydol
weavile - illumise
yanmega - dustox
gliscor - meditite
mamoswine - medicham
porygon-z - swablu
gallade - altaria
froslass - dusclops
uxie - cacturne
mesprit - azurill
azelf - roselia
palkia - grumpig
dialga - whismur
giratina - voltorb*
regigigas - duskull
heatran - electrode*
cresselia - vibrava*
manaphy - mr. mime
darkrai - flygon*
shaymin - makuhita
arceus - deoxys*

-Gen5
victini - lunatone
snivy - wurmple
servine - silcoon
serperior - beautifly
tepig - slakoth
pignite - vigoroth
emboar - slaking
oshawott - farfetch'd
dewott - doduo
samurott - dodrio
joltik - venonat
scraggy - sunkern
scrafty - sunflora
galvantula - venomoth
mienfoo - drowzee
zorua - nosepass
zoroark - torkoal
timburr - ? (unused slot between Celebi and Treecko)
gurdurr - ?
conkeldurr - ?
druddigon - ?
axew - bellossom
fraxure - natu
haxorus - xatu
mienshao - hypno
deino - oddish
zweilous - gloom
hydreigon - vileplume
zekrom - plusle
reshiram - minun
cobalion - surskit
terrakion - masquerain
virizion - wailmer
kyurem - mawile*
keldeo - wailord

-Gen6
chespin - ? (unused slot between Celebi and Treecko)
quilladin - ?
chesnaught - ?
fennekin - ?
braixen - ?
delphox - ?
froakie - ?
frogadier - ?
greninja - ?

mega venusaur - ?
mega charizarx - ?
mega charizard - ?
mega blastoise - ?
mega manectric - ?
mega absol - ?
mega salamence - ?
mega lucario - ?

*These were just moved:

voltorb - solrock
electrode - spheal

trapinch - corsola
vibrava - remoraid
flygon - octillery
mawile - girafarig
deoxys - chimecho

-Passwords for event Pokémon
Spoiler:
Note: "…" is one "letter" from the third tab, not "..."
Espo Forest = THANK YOU…
Darkwood Town = JUSTICE!
Alpha Isle = NOT ALONE…

Bugs:
  • Articuno, the Dog Trio, Johto 7th Gym, Illix Forest and more all have reports of the events not triggering when stepping in the area/on a certain spot, who this happens too is random and these are still unchanged Many of these can be fix by letting you activate the event when talking to the NPC
  • Timburr family, Druddigon, black/white Kyurem, Gen6 starters, Mega Pokémon and the event battle Pokémon exist in the limbo slots between Celebi and Treecko, causing them to be forced to have Unown cry and corrupt Pokédex entries. There is also the possibly of Bulbasar Eggs when breading and very rarely turning into a Bad EGG.
  • Egg moves are unedited from Emerald and there for many Pokémon gets weird stuff
  • The Inverter will re-spawn after he walks off-screen in Chocco Town
  • Doctor Friendship may call your Pokémon buffer140 or something similar rather than then its name
  • Signs text boxes may change color when weather is present
  • Some NPC will wander off while you are still talking to them
  • The elevator in Trainer Isle 1 crashes when choosing above floor 4
  • Some dialog in Johto my show errors
  • Using dig/escape rope may spawn you somewhere you don't want to be or work in the deepest parts(So save before using them)

Tools used:
Advance Item Editor
Advance Map 1.95 (1.92 crashes because it's expanded)
Advanced Offset v3
"Advance Series" (Icon Editor, Sprite Editor, Sprite Position Editor)
Cry Editor 1.4
Gen3Tools (G3T) 2.9.1
Mass Compatibility Editor v1.3
Pokemon Game Editor (PGE) 3.8.1
PKHeX (For checking stuff)
TL's Quick Enhancer 2017
Trader Advance 1.1.5
eXtreme Script Editor (XSE) 1.1.1

Im asking specifically about how to get Electrvire, Electabuzz evolution, but I would also like to know how to get pokemons that evolve via trading. Electabuzz also needs a special item to evolve...how do I do it?
Electabuzz can evolve with a Trade Stone. I know that there is two before the E4, the one I remember is the 1st prize for the skiing minigame in Northcoast Town. They can also be bought in Johto once you get there.
Wait in here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWrbmnU-ts4 Glaceon has it's proper cry, and yet in Glazed ver. 6/7 it doesn't? What gives?
Version 7b added in all the cries for each Pokémon (except the few whose cry is hard coded to use Unown). A lot of the information on the front page is for version 6 though and was not fully updated to reflect this change.
Hi do we have discord?
As far as I know, there is no Discord server for Glazed (or Blazed Glazed, or any other Glazed), and considering the fact that this game is older than Discord (or pretty close), I'm not surprised. I don't have any plans to make a Discord server for this game (or anything other plans for this game for that matter). There is a server for Pokecommunity you can use though.

Don't use this. Grab 8.5.1 below this post, it fixed a important crash.
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
8 posts
42 Days
Finally if anyone has any bugs to post, then right here on the forums is probably the best place to post them. Quite a lot of the fixes I did I only knew about because they were here, and if someone besides me (like redriders180) were to make anymore changes, then here is a good place to post them so they can be found.
I've got a couple. Verified they're still in 8.5.
Forum won't let me post links until I hit 5. I'll put them in a following post.
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
8 posts
42 Days
MAJOR BUG 1 - APRICORN GRANDPA KURT EVENT NEVER FINISHES, UNLIMITED POKEBALLS
I gave Grandpa a black apricorn. I returned the next day to pick it up. It goes like this:
(Press A to talk to Kurt)
Kurt: I've finished your custom Pokeball! Here you go.
(Press A to clear the message)
Obtained the Timer Ball. NAME put away the TIMER BALL in the POKE BALLS POCKET.

If I press A I'll talk to Kurt again for another Timer Ball.
If I press B I'll walk around the room. The "put away the TIMER BALL" message stays at the bottom of the screen as I walk. Pressing A or B doesn't clear the message. It stays on the screen until I walk outside. If I walk back inside I can keep talking to Kurt for more pokeballs.
I'm guessing that the conversation is missing some kind of (press A) to close the conversation and reset the event?

Because the event doesn't reset I can't change the Apricorn/Pokeball. If there's one Pokeball I don't mind getting unlimited for free, it's Timer. I'm glad I chose the Black Apricorn the first time I talked to Kurt, and not one of the useless ones! 🤣

MODERATE BUG 1 - RUG TILE GLITCH
The lower left corner of the blue carpet tile is glitched. It worked in ver 7b.
You can find these rug tiles in the Seaspray water gym (and some other building I can't remember).

These are minor bugs. Honestly, I don't think it would matter if they get fixed or not. I'm just reporting them so they've been reported.
MINOR BUG 1 - TYPO "MEER" SHOULD BE "MERE"
The Surfing Game person in Cianwood says "Hello! I'm in charge of organizing the SURFING RACES. It's a meer"
Ignore the weird white space. That's not the emulator/game, that's me being dumb when I cropped & resaved the screenshots. It looks normal in the emu.

MINOR BUG 2 - HIDDEN ORB TILE IN BRASS TOWER
Go to the roof of the Brass Tower. When you step on the ladder to the roof and you appear on the roof screen, do not move. Turn to the left and talk at the purple rooftop. A message appears "The orb refuses to budge."
Ignore the weird white lines. That's not the emulator/game, that's me being dumb when I cropped & resaved the screenshots. It looks normal in the emu.

MINOR BUG 3 - WATER REFLECTION IN CHURCH BASEMENT
This happens in a few rooms. If you walk along the lower walls you see your reflection.

Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
30 posts
123 Days
MAJOR BUG 1 - APRICORN GRANDPA KURT EVENT NEVER FINISHES, UNLIMITED POKEBALLS
I gave Grandpa a black apricorn. I returned the next day to pick it up. It goes like this:
(Press A to talk to Kurt)
Kurt: I've finished your custom Pokeball! Here you go.
(Press A to clear the message)
Obtained the Timer Ball. NAME put away the TIMER BALL in the POKE BALLS POCKET.

If I press A I'll talk to Kurt again for another Timer Ball.
If I press B I'll walk around the room. The "put away the TIMER BALL" message stays at the bottom of the screen as I walk. Pressing A or B doesn't clear the message. It stays on the screen until I walk outside. If I walk back inside I can keep talking to Kurt for more pokeballs.
I'm guessing that the conversation is missing some kind of (press A) to close the conversation and reset the event?

MODERATE BUG 1 - RUG TILE GLITCH
The lower left corner of the blue carpet tile is glitched. It worked in ver 7b.
You can find these rug tiles in the Seaspray water gym (and some other building I can't remember).

These are minor bugs. Honestly, I don't think it would matter if they get fixed or not. I'm just reporting them so they've been reported.
MINOR BUG 1 - TYPO "MEER" SHOULD BE "MERE"
The Surfing Game person in Cianwood says "Hello! I'm in charge of organizing the SURFING RACES. It's a meer"
Ignore the weird white space. That's not the emulator/game, that's me being dumb when I cropped & resaved the screenshots. It looks normal in the emu.

MINOR BUG 2 - HIDDEN ORB TILE IN BRASS TOWER
Go to the roof of the Brass Tower. When you step on the ladder to the roof and you appear on the roof screen, do not move. Turn to the left and talk at the purple rooftop. A message appears "The orb refuses to budge."
Ignore the weird white lines. That's not the emulator/game, that's me being dumb when I cropped & resaved the screenshots. It looks normal in the emu.

MINOR BUG 3 - WATER REFLECTION IN CHURCH BASEMENT
This happens in a few rooms. If you walk along the lower walls you see your reflection.

Thank you for the reports. The major one is definitely needed to be fixed. I'm not great with scripting, so this one may end up staying.

The first minor glitch can be fixed, the second one might need a minor tweak to a script but the orbs can be moved to a new spot until they are ready to be summoned, and the third one was one of many tiles I tried to clean, but I knew there was some more somewhere I needed to get.

For the rug tile glitch, I just checked and this doesn't appear for me. For that matter, most of the screenshots you provided the different NPC has weird coloring to them, so it looks like it is probably an emulator issue.

What emulator are you using? Are you sure these still look fine on 7b? Does trying a different emulator clear the problem up? If it doesn't, maybe it's the ROM base you used?
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
8 posts
42 Days
most of the screenshots you provided the different NPC has weird coloring to them, so it looks like it is probably an emulator issue.
Nope, that's just the screenshots. When I cropped & resized my screenshots I didn't re-save them properly. 🤦 Transparency layer in .png files.

Coloring is fine in the emu.

the second one might need a minor tweak to a script but the orbs can be moved to a new spot until they are ready to be summoned
I should add: this same text appears when you Press A on the three orbs that are left on the roof. That part works and those three don't need to be moved. There's just a mystery 4th orb inside the roof (must have been hidden there as part of a nefarious Team Fusion plot!) 🤣

I noticed this after the event occurred. I don't know if the mystery 4th orb is there before the dialog/Ho-oh fight. Maybe it gets put there after the event trigger?

For the rug tile glitch, I just checked and this doesn't appear for me.
maybe it's the ROM base you used?
It works in 7b, it broke in 8.4 and 8.5.
I use tsukuyomi to patch the UPS file. It produced a (checksum? file match? can't recall exact verbiage) error when I tried patching the first time. I downloaded a fresh Emerald ROM & tried again; with the new ROM it said the verification passed and the ROM was good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Could it be something funky in my save file? I did port my saves from 7b > 8.4 > 8.5 but I don't know if save files would affect tilesets?

What emulator are you using?
I'm using JohnGBA on Android. Can't remember why I chose that one. Think it was because ad removal wasn't an in-app purchase so I knew it [I]really[I] wouldn't have ads (I've seen apps that keep pulling ads in the background but don't show them, burns your data & battery while they make money). I've been very happy with JohnGBA (as long as these bugs aren't the emulator's fault >_<)

I just tried three other emulators (EmuBox, GBA Emulator Deimos Applications, MyGBA Gameboid Emulator) and couldn't figure out how to get them to recognize my savestates or .sav file. Would you recommend a particular (hopefully free) android emulator to try?
Or I could give you a Dropbox link to my save files via PM?
Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
30 posts
123 Days
And so here is 8.5.1, with a couple more bug fixes. 8.5 itself I did some tweaks to the levels curve for trainers in the game (No more major grinding for the first 4 Gyms). - What the future holds may be different, but (hopefully) this will be the last patch I plan to release, or at least for a long time (as long as there are no more crash related bugs, this is the last).

What began as me wanting to have animated sprites while playing turned into a lot more, though I tried my best to keep it where anyone that had played version 7b before will still find that this is the same Glazed that they remember playing, but with a lot better polish.

Unfortunately redriders180/Lucbui has been inactive for several years, and I was unable to contact them to get their permission to work on this. (If you know how to do so, that would be great!) That said, the original 8.0 patch - designed to enable animations when Pokémon comes out to battle - was supposed to be private, but I realized that a lot of other people would want to play with animations enabled as well. Since then I've kept to only small tweaks and bug fixes to improve the quality of the game, but without adding major changes to the game to keep the core game intact and as is, as I felt I had no right doing so without his permission. That's also part of the reason why I'm putting off doing anymore patchs for the game, as I would still like to be able to get permission before doing so (even if I do get permission, I won't be doing another until at least December).

So while I couldn't get permission to edit the game, I was extra careful to respect and keep it true to the original game as possible, leaving nearly no visible changes for a play though of the game. Aside from the animate sprites, nearly every change I made was fixing a bug, kept under the hood, or a small quality of life edit.

This was basically my first experience rom haking and was just meant to be a simple touch-up to the game for me to keep, but I'm glad to have put in the time working on this and putting this out there. I ended up learning a lot of things doing this, and can appreciate what already existed in Glazed a lot more. I would definitely like to work on a project like this or something similar in the future.

(And yes, this post is somewhat of a copy/paste of my last one, but that's because I want the post with the lattest update to have all of the information with it.)
(Also, over 700 downloads for 8.4 in four days. It's great that interest in this game is still so strong!)

7b saves and other 8.X saves are compatible with 8.5.1. Use NPS patcher with a clean Emerald rom to use this patch (Get these yourself, it's not hard too find, with the patch itself at the bottom of this post). If the patcher says the the files doesn't match, select ignore and try again.

• Animations for Pokémon are no longer disabled and is working for all Pokémon. (Sprites by MrDollSteak Sprite Resource)
  • By editing EV's and slightly levels, the areas of the first four Gyms are easier, Post 8th Gym is harder a bit harder, and Post 16th Gym is a good bit harder (Smother difficulty curve overall).
  • Pokémon stats, moves learnset (mostly TMs and Tutors anyway), move power, items and more is updated to match Gen7 from Gen6.
  • Icons for Physical/Special/Status moves (physical/special split already existed).
  • Mega Pokémon now can actually learn moves, and can change back by using the Mega Stone again (It's still acts like normal evolution though).
  • Scarfed Pikachu is a lot stronger (but still reasonable, just enough to not be terrible).
  • Most gift and trade Pokémon now hold items, and many wild Pokémon now have held items included in later games.
  • EV capped at 252.
  • Default options when starting a new game will have the text speed set to "Fast", sound setting set to "Stereo", and PC boxs will now use all 12 wall papers when starting a new save instead of repeating the first 4.
  • Maps had 99% of errors fixed, so no more invisible walls or tables you can walk though.
  • Lots. Of. Bug fixes.

Change log:
8.5.1 Changelog (Bug fix):
  • Fixed crash when fighting re-added in trainer in the sewers (the person id was off) (This is why you check why a NPC was stuck into a wall in a otherwised finnished game)
  • Kurt won't give you infinate amount of some Pokeballs (after giving the Pokeball, the script was set to end rather than return to finnish the script)
  • Orbs are no longer in the wall in Brass Tower
  • A few more tile issues fixed
  • A couple other fixes

• Levels for trainers are slightly changed (early game is easier, late game is slightly harder and slightly smother) (Blazed Glazed probably does a better job, having more change to the overall levels throughout, while this change keeps most of the general existing level curve)
  • Wild Pokémon can be found at a slightly higher level early and late game for balance
  • (Not in-game related) Fixed a couple spots in the changelog where I said Tundo (First Region) instead of Raknor (Third Region) (It's spelt Tunod anyway).

The older patches I have made I'm also providing their changlogs below:

Spoiler:
Map changes:
  • Using dig/escape rope in Mt. Tritorch, Mt. Dyno, Mt. Frozon, and Peaks of Alpha, now no longer takes you to the deepest part of the cave when visited, but actually outside (dig/escape rope is disabled in the deepest rooms)
  • (You still should save before using them, but that means that using dig/escape rope should be safe now)
  • Ditto can be found on New Island inside, and Feebas can be found outside (Feabas was added earlier when I was fixing the surf encounters everywhere else)
  • All Teleporters can now be used from any side, and the one in Olivine City doesn't require you to step away and back to use it when you warp there
  • A Dusk Stone can be found in Darkwood Grotto (all evolution stones can now be found before the E4)
  • Fixed the glitch where it becomes impossible to leave the Rankor Ferry (Selecting A fast enough would let you talk to the sailor again before you warp to the ship, which resets your choice of island you are going to, and leaving the game unable to figure out where you should go leaving you stuck - this was fixed by changing when the flags are changed to later in the script)

Trainers:
  • Rankor region trainers are even stronger (via EV) (Johto and Rankor trainers were increased previously)
  • All important trainers main Pokémon is at least one level higher than the rest of their party (1+ increase for most of those that were changed, 3rd and 4th Gym team is slightly lowered instead)

Pokémon data:
  • Riolu, Shinx and Luxio has stats buffed to that of a starter Pokémon (or at least a bit under)
  • The last two in-game trades now includes a special exclusive ability, like the rest of the existing trades
  • Rock Climb TM uses the correct color, and Rock Climb itself is now properly blocked by Protect
  • Pokémon with 2 abilities had a chance to evolve into a new evolutions with nothing for their second ability - now fixed 100%

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
  • Ho-oh event fixed
  • New Island now has a Johto transport system present. (New Island had the dive spot removed in a previous update due to some people entering the void rather than where they were supposed to - Now you can leave the island again)
  • Some new evolutions had a 50% chance of having no abilities, fixed (already existed in 7b)
  • Cameron's Dojo level greatly lowered (Now you can EV grind without being greatly overleveled for the rest of the game)

8.2 Changes (Big patch):
Spoiler:
-Trainers
  • A few more trainers were fixed (one had a team of 5 Gyarados and 1 ??????????, another had a Lv.25 Gyarados on a otherwise full Lv.60 team, etc.)
  • Levels are untouched, but several EV for trainers has been adjusted (early Gym leaders should be earlier, important Trainers teams and main Pokémon is stronger, etc.)
  • Some important trainers have more held items on their teams now (mostly type boosting items)

-Maps/Overworld
  • Most-to-all maps have been checked and where needed fixed, from trees you could walk though, to water you could walk on, to even the kitchen sink (that a npc was standing on) - This mostly involves walkable/non-walkable parts being corrected, but some other things were the water in the Safari zone and in the first town was edited, and a couple maps were updated to use the correct music
  • Several tiles was changed so they behaved properly (trees appear below the trainer, having water properties for land tiles, etc.)
  • Several maps had surfable water with no wild Pokémon data causing none to appear, or worse, partial data present causing ?????????? to appear instead. All areas have been updated where needed
  • Roserade can now be found in the back area of the Tunod Safari Zone (supposedly all Pokémon are available already, but Roselia doesn't exist in this hack and so you can't get it from evolving, leaving it unavailable) It is available in Johto, so I guess you can get it earlier now
  • Using dig/escape rope in the spatial ruins still takes you to the wrong spot, but now you can leave by talking to the npc (works with existing saves if you are currently stuck there)
  • Removed the dive spot at Newborn Island (It lead to nowhere, leaving you trapped)
  • Serenity Ticket cost changed from 500$ to 50$ (you can be stuck if you don't have enough money)
  • A breakable rock was moved in Mt. Stratus to make it more apparent that you can go around it.
  • A NPC was added to Seaspry Town recommending the player to check the Lighthouse Challenge in Serenity Isle
  • Signs were added to Johto's Victory Road clarifying that the two ladders are dive spots

-Pokémon Data
  • Mega Pokémon can de-evolove with a mega stone now, and Charziard can change between X and Y form
  • All Eeveelutions now give 3 EV rather than 2 (reduces the EV grind at Cameron's Dojo)
  • Zoroa and Zoroark each have 15 more attack to match their sp. attack (65->80, 105->120) (almost every level up move it gets is physical, and they are used a LOT by important trainers)
  • Event battle only mons gives more exp. for beating them (just enough to level up with your first battle with Scarfed Pikachu, Max for the other)

-Pokémon moves
  • All TM/HM have been gone over to let Gen1-3 Pokémon that learns a move in a later generation to be able learn it in this game (Enti, Magmar and Manectric now learn Overheat for example) - Gen4-6 Pokémon that got a Gen3 TM move via Tutor has been updated as well*
  • All Mega Pokémon now can learn moves via TM, tutors, and level up (The Kanto starters all learn their signature moves at lv.70, otherwise all Mega forms has the same learnset)
  • Fire Punch and Thunder punch now has data set on each Pokémon for tutor moves, with new tutors located in Southerly City and Northcoast Town respectfully
  • The added evolutions (and Kyurem forms) has been gone over for consistent TM/HM/Tutor compatibility with previous evolutions/forms
  • Mewtwo, Regigigass, Salamance, and Arceus levels for learning moves is tweaked so they all learn their moves earlier (more around in the 80s for their last move rather than 90s-100)
  • Monferno and Infernape can learn Superpower (in place of Close Combat) (Torment is now a move relearner move)
  • Froslass now learns Will-O-Wisp instead of Draco Meteor (moves slightly shifted to not have just a bunch of status moves in a row)
  • Blastoise, Mew and Mewtwo now has Aura Sphere over Lv.1 moves (for the move relearner)
  • Clefable, Gardivar, Togetic, and Crisselia all learn Moonblast via level up or move relearner (giving a level up STAB move for the first 3 - it's a TM exclusive move otherwise)
  • Zoroark now learns Extrasensory (a egg move) and Crunch (new) - now its best level up move by power is no longer Faint Attack
  • Joltic and Galvantula now learns Thunder over Agility for the last move and Agility over String Shot at Lv.1
  • Scarfed Pikachu now has Takle over Thundershock, so Piplup users doesn't get destroyed in their fist battle

-Misc
  • Default options when starting a new game will have the text speed set to "Fast", sound setting set to "Stereo", and PC boxs will now use all 12 wall papers when starting a new save instead of repeating the first 4
  • Several items (mainly potions and type boosting items like the Nevermelt Ice) had their effect updated to Gen7 standards

-Spoiler
Spoiler:
  • To make Scarfed Pikachu bulkier, it's stats in now 80/100/80/100/80/120 (which is equal to a slightly faster Flygon)
  • Scarfed Pikachu can learn every HM type move in the game, as well as some flavor TM moves (Taunt, Torment, Thief, Snatch)
  • "Enraged" Mew has 205/150/65/150/80/100 stats (same as 120/110/120 bulk) - there is a healer available right before the fight
  • Both are holding Lum Berry (when Scarfed Pikachu isn't called by the script to use another item)

Spoiler:
[LIST]Removed a change for wait-loop optimization that just broke stuff more than it helped

Spoiler:
Trainers changes:
  • #030 Couple - Now a double battle (might change back, it's probably the only one in the game)
  • #674 Sora - Corrupted team now exist with Pokémon from earlier team (post-game psychic user now no longer uses a low level team of Skarmory, Swellow, and 4 ??????????)
  • #??? Regina - One instance was a "Team Fusion" class, changed to "Fusion Boss" for consistency

Pokémon changes:
  • Pokémon now animate like in vanilla Emerald, thanks to MrDollSteak for his sprite resource
  • Most moves power, acc. and PP updated to Gen7 (and fixed, Hi Jump Kick now has 130 power, not 130 acc.)
  • Other simple changes to moves effect, like Crunch now lowering physical defense instead of special defense
  • Gurdurr and Mega Charziard X can now breed (It's been mentioned that Greninja has produced Bulbasaur eggs, this may be due to it occupying one of the slots between Treecko and Celebi. These two will likely suffer the same if true.)
  • All new Pokémon have been checked for base happiness, hatch rate, and egg group (There was a lot fixed)
  • Electrode is now genderless, Mega Lucario is no longer genderless, and all other Mega Pokémon no longer have a 1/255 chance of becoming female
  • Scarf Pikachu now has the stats that it has in Blazed Glazed (60/100/55/100/80/110-505-Raichu stats +10 attack/sp. attack) (as to make it not a pushover), and is holding a Lum Berry Updated in 8.2

Pokedex changes:
  • Fixed Pokedex Color for several Pokémon (mostly the glitched ones between Treecko and Celebi though)

Miscellaneous changes:
  • EV capped at 252
  • An optimization to the wait-for-loop function, which makes the game faster when using VBA's Turbo mode (leave it turned off on boot to avoid a possible crash though) Removed in 8.1, broke stuff

For some frequently asked questions, I'm listing some changes Pokémon Glazed (both 7b and 8.5.1) had changed from Emerald:

Move changes:
Spoiler:
Barrage - Aura Sphere
Octazooka - Play Rough
Assist - Scald
Tail Glow - Shadow Sneak
Ice Ball - Moonblast
Water Spout - Storm Surge (120 power move that lowers the user Sp. Attack, uses the same animation and description otherwise) (This was changed back)

Pokémon added - removed:
Spoiler:
-Gen4
turtwig - lotad
grotle - lombre
torterra - ludicolo
chimchar - seedot
monferno - nuzleaf
infernape - shiftry
piplup - sealeo
prinplup - walrein
empoleon - cacnea
buizel - luvdisc
shinx - spoink
luxio - loudred
luxray - exploud
floatzel - corphish
roserade - stantler
skorupi - exeggcute
croagunk - gulpin
toxicroak - swalot
mismagius - relicanth
honchkrow - volbeat
drapion - exeggutor
riolu - skitty
lucario - delcatty
gible - carvanha
gabite - sharpedo
garchomp - trapinch*
magnezone - crawdaunt
lickilicky - barboach
rhyperior - whiscash
tangrowth - tropius
electivire - numel
magmortar - camerupt
leafeon - cascoon
glaceon - hariyama
ambipom - baltoy
togekiss - claydol
weavile - illumise
yanmega - dustox
gliscor - meditite
mamoswine - medicham
porygon-z - swablu
gallade - altaria
froslass - dusclops
uxie - cacturne
mesprit - azurill
azelf - roselia
palkia - grumpig
dialga - whismur
giratina - voltorb*
regigigas - duskull
heatran - electrode*
cresselia - vibrava*
manaphy - mr. mime
darkrai - flygon*
shaymin - makuhita
arceus - deoxys*

-Gen5
victini - lunatone
snivy - wurmple
servine - silcoon
serperior - beautifly
tepig - slakoth
pignite - vigoroth
emboar - slaking
oshawott - farfetch'd
dewott - doduo
samurott - dodrio
joltik - venonat
scraggy - sunkern
scrafty - sunflora
galvantula - venomoth
mienfoo - drowzee
zorua - nosepass
zoroark - torkoal
gurdurr - ?
conkeldurr - ?
druddigon - ?
axew - bellossom
fraxure - natu
haxorus - xatu
mienshao - hypno
deino - oddish
zweilous - gloom
hydreigon - vileplume
zekrom - plusle
reshiram - minun
cobalion - surskit
terrakion - masquerain
virizion - wailmer
kyurem - mawile*
keldeo - wailord

-Gen6
quilladin - ?
chesnaught - ?
fennekin - ?
braixen - ?
delphox - ?
froakie - ?
frogadier - ?
greninja - ?

mega venusaur - ?
mega charizarx - ?
mega charizard - ?
mega blastoise - ?
mega manectric - ?
mega absol - ?
mega salamence - ?
mega lucario - ?

*These were just moved:

voltorb - solrock
electrode - spheal

trapinch - corsola
vibrava - remoraid
flygon - octillery
mawile - girafarig
deoxys - chimecho

Spoiler:
Espo Forest = THANK YOU…
Darkwood Town = JUSTICE!
Alpha Isle = NOT ALONE…

Bugs:
  • Articuno, Johto 7th Gym, Illix Forest and more all have reports of the events not triggering when stepping in the area/on a certain spot, who this happens too is random and these are still unchanged Many of these can be fix by letting you activate the event when talking to the NPC, but why they happen is a complete mystery
  • The Legendary Dogs are supposed to appear in the Bell Tower later in the game, but sometimes some or all of them doesn't appear. Using a Walk-Though-Wall cheat and going to the lower left corner of the map will let you catch them though.
  • The cave for Articuno my close back up.
  • Timburr family, Druddigon, black/white Kyurem, Gen6 starters, Mega Pokémon and the event battle Pokémon exist in the limbo slots between Celebi and Treecko, causing them to be forced to have Unown cry and corrupt Pokédex entries. There is also the possibly of Bulbasar Eggs when breading and very rarely turning into a Bad EGG.
  • Egg moves are unedited from Emerald and there for many Pokémon gets weird stuff
  • Doctor Friendship may call your Pokémon buffer140 or something similar rather than then its name
  • Using dig/escape rope may spawn you somewhere you don't want to be or work in the deepest parts(Most/all of these has been fixed, but at least save before using them)

Tools used:
Advance Item Editor
Advanced Offset v3
Cry Editor 1.4
Gen3Tools (G3T) 2.9.1
TL's Quick Enhancer 2017
Trader Advance 1.1.5

I should add: this same text appears when you Press A on the three orbs that are left on the roof. That part works and those three don't need to be moved. There's just a mystery 4th orb inside the roof (must have been hidden there as part of a nefarious Team Fusion plot!) 🤣

I noticed this after the event occurred. I don't know if the mystery 4th orb is there before the dialog/Ho-oh fight. Maybe it gets put there after the event trigger?

It works in 7b, it broke in 8.4 and 8.5.
I use tsukuyomi to patch the UPS file. It produced a (checksum? file match? can't recall exact verbiage) error when I tried patching the first time. I downloaded a fresh Emerald ROM & tried again; with the new ROM it said the verification passed and the ROM was good. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Could it be something funky in my save file? I did port my saves from 7b > 8.4 > 8.5 but I don't know if save files would affect tilesets?

I'm using JohnGBA on Android. Can't remember why I chose that one. Think it was because ad removal wasn't an in-app purchase so I knew it [I]really[I] wouldn't have ads (I've seen apps that keep pulling ads in the background but don't show them, burns your data & battery while they make money). I've been very happy with JohnGBA (as long as these bugs aren't the emulator's fault >_<)

I just tried three other emulators (EmuBox, GBA Emulator Deimos Applications, MyGBA Gameboid Emulator) and couldn't figure out how to get them to recognize my savestates or .sav file. Would you recommend a particular (hopefully free) android emulator to try?
Or I could give you a Dropbox link to my save files via PM?
First, pretty much all of the glitches you mentioned I was able to fix. Most I mentioned in the changlog, but the Orbs part was because a lot of time when a NPC is called in for a story event, they are just placed asside until they are called for. Right there in the wall is just happens to be where the three orbs where sitting (And Pius and Henry) until they where summoned by the script. Luckily where they are before they are called for didn't matter, so all I did was move them offscreen in the corner.

As for the rest, I tried the game with JohnGBA, and I didn't have the tile issue. I did tweak the tile though, so maybe it's fixed now? Otherwise I can't test it and therfore fix it. (Saves sholdn't effect that, especially if you leave the area and come back. Save States made from older versions may cause issues though.)

I don't really have a specific Emulator to use (I use MyBoy, but I usually have the wifi off so the little amount of ads it has doesn't bother me), but for getting another to work, first load the game and save as soon as you can. Once you do, the emulator will either place the save in a folder specifically for the emulator, or directly with the ROM. Once you figure out where it places/look for saves, you can put your current save in that spot. (Save states useally can't be used between emulators.)
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
8 posts
42 Days
DAMN son! (O_O)
all of the glitches you mentioned I was able to fix
Yep, v8.5.1 they all work now. You turned out the fixes in like 8 hours. And you even fixed Kurt! (He's tired now and wants me to leave.)
I think you might be magic. 🧙

the Orbs part was because a lot of time when a NPC is called in for a story event, they are just placed asside until they are called for. Right there in the wall is just happens to be where the three orbs where sitting (And Pius and Henry) until they where summoned by the script.
Ok, that is really fascinating to me. Thanks for explaining!

Found a new bug today, though. Sorry. >_<
MODERATE BUG 2 - JOHTO SAFARI WATER BAIT
Using any of the three types of water bait will start a battle, not a safari catch. Your pokemon are sent out, you attack, use your regular pokeballs, etc.
The other types of bait work fine.

MINOR BUG 4 - BELL TOWER SIGN DOESN'T HAVE TEXT
Sign in front of the Ecruteak Bell Tower doesn't say anything when you Press A.

MINOR BUG 5 - ROUTE 32 SIGN TEXT

This is a test message.
This is a signpost.

May I suggest a new message for the sign?
I think it should be:
Someone has spraypainted over
this sign, "TrainerX493 was here"

I think with all your hard work you've earned some kind of mention. :)

I'm mostly through the game--about to hit the Johto E4 soon. Game is mostly explored so I probably won't keep finding bugs? (Really am sorry! You've done incredible work and I'm not trying to keep dragging you back to it!)
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
1 posts
30 Days
And so here is 8.5.1, with a couple more bug fixes. 8.5 itself I did some tweaks to the levels curve for trainers in the game (No more major grinding for the first 4 Gyms). - What the future holds may be different, but (hopefully) this will be the last patch I plan to release, or at least for a long time (as long as there are no more crash related bugs, this is the last).

7b saves and other 8.X saves are compatible with 8.5.1. Use NPS patcher with a clean Emerald rom to use this patch (Get these yourself, it's not hard too find, with the patch itself at the bottom of this post). If the patcher says the the files doesn't match, select ignore and try again.

• EV capped at 252.
  • Lots. Of. Bug fixes.

Change log:
8.5.1 Changelog (Bug fix):
  • Fixed crash when fighting re-added in trainer in the sewers (the person id was off) (This is why you check why a NPC was stuck into a wall in a otherwised finnished game)
  • Kurt won't give you infinate amount of some Pokeballs (after giving the Pokeball, the script was set to end rather than return to finnish the script)
  • Orbs are no longer in the wall in Brass Tower
  • A few more tile issues fixed
  • A couple other fixes

The older patches I have made I'm also providing their changlogs below:

Spoiler:
Map changes:

Trainers:

Pokémon data:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
  • Ho-oh event fixed

8.2 Changes (Big patch):
Spoiler:
-Trainers

-Maps/Overworld

-Pokémon Data

-Pokémon moves

-Misc

-Spoiler
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Trainers changes:

Pokémon changes:

Pokedex changes:

Miscellaneous changes:
  • EV capped at 252

For some frequently asked questions, I'm listing some changes Pokémon Glazed (both 7b and 8.5.1) had changed from Emerald:

Move changes:
Spoiler:
Barrage - Aura Sphere
Octazooka - Play Rough
Assist - Scald
Tail Glow - Shadow Sneak
Ice Ball - Moonblast

Pokémon added - removed:
Spoiler:
-Gen4
turtwig - lotad
grotle - lombre
torterra - ludicolo
chimchar - seedot
monferno - nuzleaf
infernape - shiftry
piplup - sealeo
prinplup - walrein
empoleon - cacnea
buizel - luvdisc
shinx - spoink
luxio - loudred
luxray - exploud
floatzel - corphish
roserade - stantler
skorupi - exeggcute
croagunk - gulpin
toxicroak - swalot
mismagius - relicanth
honchkrow - volbeat
drapion - exeggutor
riolu - skitty
lucario - delcatty
gible - carvanha
gabite - sharpedo
garchomp - trapinch*
magnezone - crawdaunt
lickilicky - barboach
rhyperior - whiscash
tangrowth - tropius
electivire - numel
magmortar - camerupt
leafeon - cascoon
glaceon - hariyama
ambipom - baltoy
togekiss - claydol
weavile - illumise
yanmega - dustox
gliscor - meditite
mamoswine - medicham
porygon-z - swablu
gallade - altaria
froslass - dusclops
uxie - cacturne
mesprit - azurill
azelf - roselia
palkia - grumpig
dialga - whismur
giratina - voltorb*
regigigas - duskull
heatran - electrode*
cresselia - vibrava*
manaphy - mr. mime
darkrai - flygon*
shaymin - makuhita
arceus - deoxys*

-Gen5
victini - lunatone
snivy - wurmple
servine - silcoon
serperior - beautifly
tepig - slakoth
pignite - vigoroth
emboar - slaking
oshawott - farfetch'd
dewott - doduo
samurott - dodrio
joltik - venonat
scraggy - sunkern
scrafty - sunflora
galvantula - venomoth
mienfoo - drowzee
zorua - nosepass
zoroark - torkoal
gurdurr - ?
conkeldurr - ?
druddigon - ?
axew - bellossom
fraxure - natu
haxorus - xatu
mienshao - hypno
deino - oddish
zweilous - gloom
hydreigon - vileplume
zekrom - plusle
reshiram - minun
cobalion - surskit
terrakion - masquerain
virizion - wailmer
kyurem - mawile*
keldeo - wailord

-Gen6
quilladin - ?
chesnaught - ?
fennekin - ?
braixen - ?
delphox - ?
froakie - ?
frogadier - ?
greninja - ?

mega venusaur - ?
mega charizarx - ?
mega charizard - ?
mega blastoise - ?
mega manectric - ?
mega absol - ?
mega salamence - ?
mega lucario - ?

*These were just moved:

voltorb - solrock
electrode - spheal

trapinch - corsola
vibrava - remoraid
flygon - octillery
mawile - girafarig
deoxys - chimecho

Spoiler:
Espo Forest = THANK YOU…
Darkwood Town = JUSTICE!
Alpha Isle = NOT ALONE…

Bugs:
  • Articuno, Johto 7th Gym, Illix Forest and more all have reports of the events not triggering when stepping in the area/on a certain spot, who this happens too is random and these are still unchanged Many of these can be fix by letting you activate the event when talking to the NPC, but why they happen is a complete mystery
  • The Legendary Dogs are supposed to appear in the Bell Tower later in the game, but sometimes some or all of them doesn't appear. Using a Walk-Though-Wall cheat and going to the lower left corner of the map will let you catch them though.
  • The cave for Articuno my close back up.
  • Using dig/escape rope may spawn you somewhere you don't want to be or work in the deepest parts(Most/all of these has been fixed, but at least save before using them)

Tools used:
Advance Item Editor
Advanced Offset v3
Cry Editor 1.4
Gen3Tools (G3T) 2.9.1
TL's Quick Enhancer 2017
Trader Advance 1.1.5

First, pretty much all of the glitches you mentioned I was able to fix. Most I mentioned in the changlog, but the Orbs part was because a lot of time when a NPC is called in for a story event, they are just placed asside until they are called for. Right there in the wall is just happens to be where the three orbs where sitting (And Pius and Henry) until they where summoned by the script. Luckily where they are before they are called for didn't matter, so all I did was move them offscreen in the corner.

As for the rest, I tried the game with JohnGBA, and I didn't have the tile issue. I did tweak the tile though, so maybe it's fixed now? Otherwise I can't test it and therfore fix it. (Saves sholdn't effect that, especially if you leave the area and come back. Save States made from older versions may cause issues though.)

I don't really have a specific Emulator to use (I use MyBoy, but I usually have the wifi off so the little amount of ads it has doesn't bother me), but for getting another to work, first load the game and save as soon as you can. Once you do, the emulator will either place the save in a folder specifically for the emulator, or directly with the ROM. Once you figure out where it places/look for saves, you can put your current save in that spot. (Save states useally can't be used between emulators.)
I cant mega evolve my pokemon only lucario can mega evolve is this a bug??? I can't evolve garchomp

Is there selected ones? To mega evolve???
Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
30 posts
123 Days
I cant mega evolve my pokemon only lucario can mega evolve is this a bug??? I can't evolve garchomp

Is there selected ones? To mega evolve???
The list is pretty short. Only these Pokémon have their mega forms:
mega venusaur
mega charizarX
mega charizard
mega blastoise
mega manectric
mega absol
mega salamence
mega lucario

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
Seen 58 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
740 posts
14.2 Years
So i beat Mew at thursday, funny how he acts like movies MewTWO with that pokecomm device

How do you get zangoose and Jolteon from the adoption clinic?
Like Desmodus said, you can't, maybe author will make them adoptable in the next beta

I'm suprised that there's a fairy type in the game, but no signs of Sylveon
My pokemon omega red trainer card

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4 posts
23 Days
It seems like the whole main quest at that point of the game is bugged. Or delayed. I completed Stormy city, gym and all and went to trainer isle. Did some challenges and returned to stormy city not knowing how the hell progress in the game since that pikachu stole my badges. I randomly entered the gym , which I already beat, and then I received a call from Blake to help him out at Mt Stratus. Had I not enter the gym for whatever reason, Cos I already beat it hence I didnt had a reason to go in there again, I would have never received the call from Blake to help him.

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Seen 58 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
740 posts
14.2 Years
Well it seems that pesky no good pikarat has finally joined me, he's at level 50 so it seems he would be useful........as a raichu that is

Update

Man, the useless creature doesn't want to evolve, oh well the best thing to do is........keep him as he is

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek
Male
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted 5 Days Ago
30 posts
123 Days
Well it seems that pesky no good pikarat has finally joined me, he's at level 50 so it seems he would be useful........as a raichu that is

Update

Man, the useless creature doesn't want to evolve, oh well the best thing to do is........keep him as he is
Pikachu actually has buffed stats in the game. I found after changing it that he is comparable to Flygon in stats, just with 20+ speed and 20+ Sp. attack (so it has equal attack and Sp. attack). Stronger than Raichu (which it needed to be so it can 6v.1 fights easier), without making it OP for when you do get him.
Just downloaded the latest patch on a new emerald ROM, and maybe I did it incorrectly...though I followed the guide for it on here. It comes up with a monstrosity of a glitchy mix between Glazed and Emerald, what can I do to fix this?
Try patching another ROM. If I'm correct Glazed is based on the TrashMan version of Emerald.
It seems like the whole main quest at that point of the game is bugged. Or delayed. I completed Stormy city, gym and all and went to trainer isle. Did some challenges and returned to stormy city not knowing how the hell progress in the game since that pikachu stole my badges. I randomly entered the gym , which I already beat, and then I received a call from Blake to help him out at Mt Stratus. Had I not enter the gym for whatever reason, Cos I already beat it hence I didnt had a reason to go in there again, I would have never received the call from Blake to help him.
That is one thing that happens in this game. An event that is supposed to happen may end up not activating, or may activate a second time. Why this happens I do not know.

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Seen 58 Minutes Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
740 posts
14.2 Years
Pikachu actually has buffed stats in the game. I found after changing it that he is comparable to Flygon in stats, just with 20+ speed and 20+ Sp. attack (so it has equal attack and Sp. attack). Stronger than Raichu (which it needed to be so it can 6v.1 fights easier), without making it OP for when you do get him.
Cool then

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2 posts
6 Days

Try patching another ROM. If I'm correct Glazed is based on the TrashMan version of Emerald.

That is one thing that happens in this game. An event that is supposed to happen may end up not activating, or may activate a second time. Why this happens I do not know.
What is TrashMan Emerald?
Seen 20 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
2 posts
28 Days
Can somebody help me with updating my game from version 8.4.1 to 8.5.1 and transferring my current saves to the updated version? I am stuck with the Manaphy crashing bug.

I'm using OpenEmu on a macbook and MultiPatch to apply the 8.5.1 to a base Emerald ROM. I have the 8.5.1 game created already but wasn't able to get my current Quick Save State to move to the updated game folder...I just deleted the updated game from OpenEmu and am back to the 8.4.1 game at the moment.
Advertiser Content