• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
Like someone mentioned before, why did the Fairy type rumors come after Sylveon's reveal? Why weren't there a new type or even new type Eevee rumors beforehand?

Well the Light/Fairy/Sound/Whatever rumors have been floating around forever, not just this generation. When Sylveon popped up it didn't really have much of a stereotypical appearance to the types we currently have, so people brought the rumors back up for the new typing. The evidence just got much better with Smash and the type testing.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
And we don't have that with Pidgey/Spearow/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove already? Why not a second Psychic cat?

Cyclone

…and we already have an electric cat with Shinx/Luxio/Luxray (is that in the right order?) anyway, so maybe it could be a member of the new type?

P.S.: I'm getting tired of switching back and forth between this thread and the X/Y General Chat and Speculation Thread, so can't we just merge the two back together and rename the source thread something like the 'X/Y General News Discussion and Rumor Speculation Thread?'

A lead game designer really liked Missingno, and still has him on his copy of the older games. He really wanted him to be in the new game and is intoducing him as a new pokemon as a sort of cameo appearance for him called "Miseingsnow". It's an ice type that looks like a pile of snow that turns into condensation and then to a cloud and then snows downward in its animation, while it's snowing down it has a strong resemblance to the original missingno sprite. when questioned about it he said "Now why would I go through all that trouble just to mess with an audience that is so incredibly fun to mess with " (in Japanese of course)

So…this guy's giving Cryogonal some new forms for the different states of matter?

Last edited:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I mean as far as the games layout goes it is rather linear. Beat the Gyms, beat the evil team, beat the Elite Four, a little post-game, viola. That really is never changing, although I'd love some more depth to the post-experience.

As for what is rumored for Fairy's purpose, I really hope it isn't to nerf Dragons. I really don't find the type itself overpowered, it's the Pokémon they create that are. I'd still rather them find a better way to balance out the power creep they created with more balanced or defensive Pokémon instead of just offensive tanks.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
While a new type may be likely at this point, it's still not safe to rule out the use of an existing type. Rumors are going to continue to flood about Sylveon and new types and people will continue to speculate about it, but let's keep it cool okay?

It literally cannot be an old type, unless they reworked the type chart... Or Smash was just messing with everyone...

P.S.: I'm getting tired of switching back and forth between this thread and the X/Y General Chat and Speculation Thread, so can't we just merge the two back together and rename the source thread something like the 'X/Y General News Discussion and Rumor Speculation Thread?'

They originally split the speculation into two threads and you want them back to one... I still don't know the difference, but whatever...

.Aero

Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Years
I think Gamefreak is realizing now that they did mess up with their dragon pokemon, giving them absurdly high stats and the fact that only Steel resists their primary STAB is quite scary. Sure, Dragon is meant to be a strong type, but it's not meant to be centralizing like it is. Perhaps if this Fairy-type ends up being immune to Dragon they can fix some of the mistakes they've already fallen victim too. I certainly hope Fairy is a good defensive typing like Derk said because of the fact that there are not enough defensive pokemon who are good anymore because of the insane power creep throughout the last two generations.

rageahollic33

Roserade is the best
Years
I think there will be a Fairy Type and a Light type.

I think there will be two Eeveelutions. Sylveon (fairy) and Gloeon (light) *Glow+Eon*

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Why would we have a Fairy and a Light type? The Sound theory is more likely...
SONICBOOMEON! I CHOOSE YOU!

I didn't know where to post this so I'm posting it everywhere...
Spoiler:

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
Years
I'm assuming people are honestly just using Light and Fairy interchangeably at this point. I'm not expecting there to be both of them present if we do get a new type, as they'd just be really redundant.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
I don't know what any of that had to do with my post. All I'm saying is that, personally, I prefer if there's no new types. But if there are, I'm really not going to complain about it. /shrugs. Everyone's going to have their different perspectives about it, after all.

My point was that you said you heard fairy/light so much that you hate it even more... So hearing the word fire over and over again would mean you hate fire... Meaning your logic wasn't logical... You will grow to love the new type(s) like everyone eventually...

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
My point was that you said you heard fairy/light so much that you hate it even more... So hearing the word fire over and over again would mean you hate fire... Meaning your logic wasn't logical... You will grow to love the new type(s) like everyone eventually...

dude, u r sounding kiddish.. Control dude control..

And wt sky told is correct. Introductn to new types had been speculated since gen 4. But this time around ppl say this info about a new type is almost true due to some inside informatn leakers..
Who knws, those leakers might be fake leakers who are just trying to make their own fan made theory, or maybe game freak might remove this new type due to this leakage so as not to become predictable..

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I doubt GF would remove an entire new type with actual moves made for it and mons that have it in order to ruin the leak...that'll take a lot of programing adjustments I think.

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
....Um, no lol. Please don't twist what I'm saying, and you're bringing up something completely irrelevant anyway.

Discussion about new types (as has been said by Jake and myself, again), has not been anything new in regards to whatever new generation was present at the time. It happened in Gen 4, it happened with Gen 5, and it's happening again in Gen 6. Except this time, it's going around more rampant than ever before with more persistent people spreading more realistic-sounding rumors without any basis or factual proof whatsoever other than probably being right out of legitimately pure coincidence. It's annoying because it's the same thing over and over and over again, it's annoying because it's rumors spread without hard evidence.

Spamming me with a type that already exists isn't proving your point, like at all. Neither is it logical, so you might want to check your logic there, buddy.

It sounded to me like you hated it because you don't like its name being repeating over and over... So how is that twisted?

The old rumors on it had no backing at all... This one does, and makes sense for them to add in something fans have been wanting... You know you will like new types when they come out... Everyone is just afraid of learning new stuff... Which is what makes a game series fun again btw...

dude, u r sounding kiddish.. Control dude control..

And wt sky told is correct. Introductn to new types had been speculated since gen 4. But this time around ppl say this info about a new type is almost true due to some inside informatn leakers..
Who knws, those leakers might be fake leakers who are just trying to make their own fan made theory, or maybe game freak might remove this new type due to this leakage so as not to become predictable..

Don't call someone kiddish when you type "u" and "r" and misspell so many words all the time... That sounds much more childish imo...

New type or type chart redo is confirmed by Pokemon Smash!... Not by a leaker... They cannot remove a new type that's hardcoded into the game at this stage in development...

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
....Um, no lol. Please don't twist what I'm saying, and you're bringing up something completely irrelevant anyway.

Discussion about new types (as has been said by Jake and myself, again), has not been anything new in regards to whatever new generation was present at the time. It happened in Gen 4, it happened with Gen 5, and it's happening again in Gen 6. Except this time, it's going around more rampant than ever before with more persistent people spreading more realistic-sounding rumors without any basis or factual proof whatsoever other than probably being right out of legitimately pure coincidence. It's annoying because it's the same thing over and over and over again, it's annoying because it's rumors spread without hard evidence.

Spamming me with a type that already exists isn't proving your point, like at all. Neither is it logical, so you might want to check your logic there, buddy.
And it probably happened back in Generation 3 too...
While not enough conclusive evidence has appeared the performance in smash of the cast trying to guess Sylveon's type, and the fact that they're keeping it's type a secret for so long seem to be enough for people to expect something like a new type is on our way, if not a change to the type chart...

shubham2207

Lone Wolf
Years
Don't call someone kiddish when you type "u" and "r" and misspell so many words all the time... That sounds much more childish imo...

New type or type chart redo is confirmed by Pokemon Smash!... Not by a leaker... They cannot remove a new type that's hardcoded into the game at this stage in development...

Bro, its not that using "u" and "r" is childish, its that i m addicted to facebook and other social websites..
I dun think nobody has prblm wid my language, i make it short and most importantly clear to all.
About the new type, has it been confirmed? Has the new type chart shows the fairy type?

Last edited:

LycaNinja

Werewolf Assassin
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 17, 2013
Bro, its not that using "u" and "r" is childish, its that i m addicted to facebook and other social websites..
I dun think nobody has prblm wid my language, i make it short and most importantly clear to all.
About the new type, has it been confirmed? Has the new type chart shows the fairy type?

I have a problem with it so that's a lie...

Either a new type or a chart retyping has been confirmed by Smash... Maybe both... Maybe more than one type... But definitively one of those things...

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Spoiler:
Kidding aside, yes, either a retyping of...something is in the works, or there is a new type. We don't know which, as LycaNinja said.

Cyclone

tnfsf11

Can I make my own rumor? Listen to this...
I think there will be a domino-like Pokemon that evolves into a dice thingy.
WHY? a few weeks before X & Y were even announced, I had a dream that Nintendo is going to make a new gen, & as a teaser they showed the Pokemon I mentioned, when I woke up I posted about it in the General Pokemon Chit-Chat section...
This may be purely silly or crazily supernatural, I just thought about mentioning it here & hear opinions.

Back