• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Years
  • Seen Aug 11, 2013
the same is when I want to go into the cave to pick up a plane ticket
in some places the legendary Pokemon do not appear :c

I think that I can not collect all the Pokemon, luckily I caught Arceus

zapodaj.net/images/0abe16fcf313e.png

Pokenoob666

Frustrated Feraligator
Years
okay, when i talked to the super rod guy he acted like i already got the super rod. any help? if i have to cheat to get the super rod so be it.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Yeah... flag reset.
It happens.
Save somewhere in PokeCenter and use Advanced Map to move one of the blocking Steam Admins.
Just an idea here Ash; later scripts should have updates ensuring all of the flags that might potentially look out of place (if reset) or might break the game (if reset or not cleared in the first place, like some brought up here) are all cleared. This applies in some Gyms too, like the Serenity Gym, where the console furthest in could also unlock the gates further back in the building. Having another console right near the leader would also allow escape after saving and quitting in error. But more importantly, it ensures that Ash (the in-game Ash, obviously) doesn't reappear in Dardusk Woods blocking the way and refuse to move until you approach from the Dardusk side to talk to Bagon again...or somesuch.

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
the same is when I want to go into the cave to pick up a plane ticket
in some places the legendary Pokemon do not appear :c
You don't need to point out the same kind of bug.
I already told you the solution ;)

Just an idea here Ash; later scripts should have updates ensuring all of the flags that might potentially look out of place (if reset) or might break the game (if reset or not cleared in the first place, like some brought up here) are all cleared. This applies in some Gyms too, like the Serenity Gym, where the console furthest in could also unlock the gates further back in the building. Having another console right near the leader would also allow escape after saving and quitting in error.
I know... but as I already told you, this would require check of all scripts + all item scripts to prevent flag collision...

But more importantly, it ensures that Ash (the in-game Ash, obviously) doesn't reappear in Dardusk Woods blocking the way and refuse to move until you approach from the Dardusk side to talk to Bagon again...or somesuch.
That's Red :P

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I know... but as I already told you, this would require check of all scripts + all item scripts to prevent flag collision...
If we know the script event that needs to be false, we can just indicate the script event and trigger it to false again in each later script, can we not? For instance, see the following (spoilered) script from Dardusk Woods.

Spoiler:

Interestingly, this script only triggers once. The script flag then remains off, and if you walk up to her after she's reappeared, she'll just say "...". This isn't in the above script; it's what happens when you instead talk directly to her. However, the flag that shows her (I presume this is "0xA54817" {EDIT: maybe not, I found "0xA545D7" in the other tile} since movement "0xA54A40" is applied to that) somehow turned back on later in my game. It needs to somehow be turned off.

Then there's As-...Red. This is triggered when you speak to Bagon, though the one of the most interest is when you speak to it from its right side, which I've bolded as I recognize the movement set from earlier play.

Spoiler:

I'm assuming Bagon is code "0xA53544" and that Red to the right, on a quick cursive glance, is "0xA02871". Once again, in a later script, can these not be programmed to be off again and thus, if they do temporarily reappear, later play makes them vanish again? As is, right now, players can do the battle with Red's team in Dardusk Woods a second time, and possibly more!

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@Cyclone: That's Wesley's good idea of re-using same movements...
The bolded part is just movement... no flags there...

"setflag" and "clearflag" are the commands that "mess up" events...
It's most likely something like this...

Steam Base scripts activates flag number... let's say 666B...
Some other scripts occur...
Somehow "clearflag 0x666B" appears which causes ROM to think that Steam Base ROM did not occur.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I am aware the bolded part is only movement and not flags; my apologies if I was not clear. That's pretty much one of the only things I know, that those types of commands and scriptsets are movements. What is harder for me to figure out, since I'm a complete novice, is what the actual flags are; if Solana in Dardusk Woods is flag 0x777A, for example, I would think "setflag 0x777A" would be able to be used multiple times, causing her to be able to be turned off again even all the way up in Ironnem City.

Since Wesley has it completely programmed to turn on the next flagged set for the next mission after the preceding Gym is completed - which I'll explain in a moment how I know that - I would think that, with a full set of the flags, we should be able to just change to show the correct sets on after each Gym victory. Just a quick review that clears all the flags, then re-sets them to the position they should be in at that exact moment. The hard part is listing the flags. If we assume that "on" means that a character appears and/or a script occurs, then we would clear all of those flags (which I believe turns them off) and then turn on the ones that need to be on for the next section. I'm certain he tries to do it like this, and here's why: when I was making my maps of each Route in Zhery, I stopped at Serenity City and plowed through a hacked set of move permissions into Drakebreath City by going through the trees, the nursery (which looked funny against the map edge and caused me to add a row to every set of maps in that line to make it look right, and a similar change to Route 416 at the bottom), some more trees, to the top of the cliff, and in. The Gym was blocked, as it should be (meaning that the default for that flag is clearly "on"), as was the cave (same), and I went to Route 416 to Surf to the north, passing the blocked-off Steam HQ (all characters appeared, the script would not trigger, and they were themselves speechless if approached). I hopped into the 415 intersection, went right through the script flags (which also did not trigger) at the northwest of 416, through more untriggered script flags at 415 (where you're normally blocked from 416 if you have not completed the Snowce Gym; again, the flags were not triggering the blockade), and then south into Snowce City and on into Route 414. Keep in mind I had yet to complete Mt. Icestorm, and only after completing those events does that boss battle-winning script trigger all of the flags (up to the end of Route 415, but not Route 416) to be on.

This is the type of location where a "flag review" can take place and make sure all flags that might be turning on or off in error are in the correct position. If done correctly, whammo, no bugs. My point is that somehow, between Enermy City and Snowce City, the Dardusk Woods flags turned back on (which I discovered when I flew to Central City and tried to cut through Dardusk Woods to Route 410) and those characters are reappearing.

Since most would not be back in this area, I might be the first person finding this bug, in fact.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
One quick and possibly stupid question, I am meant to patch the light platinum isp into the light platinum rom?

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2013
Played with the patch ruby 1.0 rom, and it still goes to a perma black screen after beating a trainer..This thing hates me

So its my emulator thats messing it up..I really don't want to put CFW on my psp to run this =(

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
@Cyclone: Each separate event has its own flag.
That means scripts that trigger the same event have the same flag but that doesn't matter as it's taken care of through vars...
Don't care about content of script, don't care about OWs that are used in script.
That doesn't matter at all. All that matters are flag numbers.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
So what flag is turning Red, Bagon, and Solana back on at Dardusk Woods? Something clearly uses the same flags as the two events there!

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Maybe I'll send you a PM about this so as not to derail this thread into a scripting discussion.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
You may have the wrong version. She's sitting on a bench near the exit.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Is there an empty seat on the bench? There should be two characters there.

Back