• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"./build.sh" error...cygwin1.dll???

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
There I was, trying to install Pokeemerald and flustered on the first step. But since I'm the Emerald Rights Activist I powered through it, realized I needed GitBash, and started setting up the repository with the code provided in the INSTALL.md.
Then I got this:

A6oXpcC

https://imgur.com/a/DHYKKm1 (if the won't work)

Help?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 9, 2022
Ask for help in the decomps channel on Discord and it'll be easier to get someone's help.

Lunos

Random Uruguayan User
Years
There I was, trying to install Pokeemerald and flustered on the first step. But since I'm the Emerald Rights Activist I powered through it, realized I needed GitBash, and started setting up the repository with the code provided in the INSTALL.md.
Then I got this:

A6oXpcC

https://imgur.com/a/DHYKKm1 (if the won't work)

Help?[/QUOTE]
For what it's worth, and because nobody has mentioned it yet, one cause for the problems with Cygwin1.dll is having devkitPro related paths inside the PATH Environment Variable of Windows.
I came across that problem a couple of times in the past, when I was trying to get Mintty to build the decomps.

That being said, you wouldn't have this issue if you just used Cygwin's C:\cygwin64\Cygwin.bat file for your decomp needs.

Jeesh

I just wanna hack Emerald.
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Aug 23, 2020
For what it's worth, and because nobody has mentioned it yet, one cause for the problems with Cygwin1.dll is having devkitPro related paths inside the PATH Environment Variable of Windows.
I came across that problem a couple of times in the past, when I was trying to get Mintty to build the decomps.

That being said, you wouldn't have this issue if you just used Cygwin's C:\cygwin64\Cygwin.bat file for your decomp needs.
You don't build with git bash, you build with msys/msys2 or cygwin.
Ok, I will try using one of those two. The "git" commands with the links didn't work when I used them on Msys2, and I don't know about Cygwin yet, but I'll definitely try it again and see what I get.
Ask for help in the decomps channel on Discord and it'll be easier to get someone's help.
Where is this Discord and how do I join-oh nevermind its literally in the menu bar I'm stupid

Last edited:
Back