• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Plasma vs Pokémon League interest check

Name

Moémon Master
Years
7J21CcB.jpg
Will you fight for pokémon or will you fight with pokémon?

The Pokemon League: Leaders of the land, they use the awesome power of pokémon to maintain power and influence. Many trainers are working towards earning pokémon league badges so they can show off how strong their Pokemon are.

Team Plasma: Working to ensure pokémon are treated fairly and with respect. Their rule is weaker than the league, their numbers are fewer. Some members of the team do not use pokémon at all, others do to varying degrees. Most members of the team despise the league for using pokémon the way they do.

Who are you? Which side do you fall towards?

The rp will have two focuses: pokémon trainers grinding and doing their thing, and team plasma trying to help pokémon and get people to open their eyes to the horrors of training pokémon.

Last edited:
Years
I think it's important to make playing the villain more compelling than just being bad for the sake of being bad, so I'd be careful how you frame things. Let people bring some depth and nuance to the Galactic side.

Otherwise, I can't really afford to join with my RP-load but I'm always intrigued by the idea of RPs from the villain's perspective.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
I think it's important to make playing the villain more compelling than just being bad for the sake of being bad, so I'd be careful how you frame things. Let people bring some depth and nuance to the Galactic side.

Otherwise, I can't really afford to join with my RP-load but I'm always intrigued by the idea of RPs from the villain's perspective.
You're right, I think that'd be easier to do with Team Plasma.

probablyhylian

illusion is mine
Years
I think a 'good vs bad' style RP would be pretty fun. However, I think I'd be more interested if it brought a chaotic good vs lawful evil dynamic between the groups or some sort of dialogue between differing ideals.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Uh, don't forget a plot! Like, what would the Team Plasma characters do?

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Some propaganda for this has been added.
Probably going to run this more like two games that intersect. One for trainers who are grinding/etc. One for Plasma who's rescuing pokémon.

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
Years
As Junier said, make sure to flesh out the plot where the "good" and "bad" guys intersect. I don't mind mainly sandbox RPs but its nice to know my actions are affecting the overall outcome.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 5, 2019
Oh, I like that propoganda!

Definitely like how you're contextualizing Team Plasma & the League more. Adds more dimension to Unova as a setting.

Only difficulty of framing the RP as the typical journey one with two factions is that you need to encourage players to actually confront one another. The way you've described it, the Trainers do their thing, the Plasma grunts do their own. Similar to FireSnow's concern, how would you endure there's a chance, really, for these characters to matter to one another? Don't get me wrong, I've seen it work; my favorite RP ever had two separate "factions" of players. What made it easier, though, was that the members of each faction was in the same place, and were coworkers, so each faction was clearly coordinated.

Name

Moémon Master
Years
Mmm, the framing of *why* there should be/needs to be conflict is what in working towards...
Something along the lines of morals, ethics, traditions... It's still nebulus, but I feel like I'm getting closer to something solid.

Back