The PokéCommunity Forums Pokémon Gaming Seventh Generation
Seventh Generation Why does this Generation receive so much hate?

Seventh Generation Alola, trainers! Come discuss the latest generation in the Pokémon series with us! This includes Sun & Moon as well as Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.

Old 2 Weeks Ago (1:34 PM). Edited 2 Weeks Ago by cmtthws92.

Nature: Relaxed
    Too many cutscenes, Hau following you everywhere without letting you breathe, dumb roadblocks (removing HMs was a mistake), etc. I can go on and on.....

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. And a gross thing to recycle.

"Too much water" - IGN, The most hypocritical statement of all time.
    Old 1 Week Ago (4:15 AM).
    AIRMAN GA TAOSENAI

Nature: Modest
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cmtthws92 View Post
    dumb roadblocks (removing HMs was a mistake),...etc.
    Actually, a lot of games have had these so-called "dumb roadblocks", not just this one. The one in B2W2 comes to mind ("We're dancing for no reason and someday we'll disappear for no reason."), and there was another one in XY where they claim there was a blackout, yet countless NPCs just senselessly walk past the guy. The one that takes the cake though, is the one in RSE where a scientist claims to have found some rare footprints, only to find out it was his own...cmon man, how can you be a scientist when you can't identify your own footprints.

As for Alola, the roadblocks actually worked as the game could justify good reasons behind them, which is, in this case, preventing trial-goers from skipping ahead too far and doing something out of their depth. The removal of HMs didn't make the roadblocks "dumber".

GTXV egg swap winner
    3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187

IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik
    My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me on the YouTubes!
    Old 1 Week Ago (4:25 AM).

remember when HMs were something that literally everyone hated, and when it was revealed that they were replaced with Ride Pokemon everyone was so glad?

Pepperridge Farm remembers

Nah remembers
    Old 1 Week Ago (7:30 PM).
    x Silvally

Nature: Sassy
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Nah View Post
      remember when HMs were something that literally everyone hated, and when it was revealed that they were replaced with Ride Pokemon everyone was so glad?

Pepperridge Farm remembers

Nah remembers
      Gladion remembers

I love the removal of HMs & I hope it stays that way.
      ."
      - Gladion
      Old 1 Week Ago (2:17 AM).
      Audino Master

Nature: Relaxed
      Removal of the HMs were good, but I feel like Ride Pokémon were wrong thing that replaced them. I like what they're doing with "HMs" in LGPE.
      Old 1 Week Ago (3:49 AM).

Nature: Jolly
      As games get older and their "recency bias" dies down, people start seeing the flaws more clearly. The same thing happened with both sets of gen 6 games. Simply put, SM ended up being the typical underwhelming "first games of a generation," and USUM were vaguely described in pre-release because they knew people didn't want more third versions, but in reality they were just third versions (and ones thats changes, from what I've experienced so far, aren't as impressive as Platinum's).

That being said, the games still don't receive as much hate as gens 4 and 5 so I wouldn't worry much. It was truthfully a little frustrating seeing people praise SM for thing that they bashed BW for, so there is some merit to people realizing the games do have their flaws, regardless of how much they enjoy the games overall.

Old 1 Week Ago (11:08 PM). Edited 1 Week Ago by LadyJirachu.
      Korrina and cuteness 4 life!!!! :D

Nature: Bold
      Meh, as much as I dislike the idea of hate, alola is probably better off with that than the awful types of fans amour shipping ended up with....(i mean, whether or not amour shipping is a 'good' or 'bad' couple really doesn't matter when like nearly everyone who likes it is a jerk >_<;;; you know? at least haters can't poison something as bad as bad fans, pretty much....)

I know not all amour shippers are jerks, but jerks seem common enough in the community that its turned me off that pairing xD Cuz I don't like dealing with dramatic people.

I didn't make this but its wonderful and beautiful :3 x3

Hiyo, i'm Jirachu~<3 Kawaii Pikachu and Jirachi cross, though now my favorite Pokemon character is Korrina; and I crush HARD on her lemme tell ya lol :3
      Jackster is a good friend of mine on this forum so be nice to him please.
      I wanna make other good friends here too ^_^
      Being girly is wonderful!!!!! :D

And Pokemon is forever special to me :)
      Old 1 Week Ago (3:37 AM).
      Pearlshipper

Quote:
        Originally Posted by LadyJirachu View Post
        Meh, as much as I dislike the idea of hate, alola is probably better off with that than the awful types of fans amour shipping ended up with....(i mean, whether or not amour shipping is a 'good' or 'bad' couple really doesn't matter when like nearly everyone who likes it is a jerk >_<;;; you know? at least haters can't poison something as bad as bad fans, pretty much....)

I know not all amour shippers are jerks, but jerks seem common enough in the community that its turned me off that pairing xD Cuz I don't like dealing with dramatic people.
        Agreed, a lot of Amourshippers can be really annoying, especially wehn they bash other ships and claim Amour is cannon (Even tho Amour is only one sided cannon)

My Youtube channel: https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC3F1xYbn0WrwlqWOHQ8T9fg
        I make Pokemon Anime AMV's and discussions.

Old 1 Week Ago (3:43 PM).
        User of the Dark-Type

I'm not going to lie, I find myself missing HM's over Ride Pokemon. Whether this is due to me liking the extra option of the d-pad for movement (may sounds strange I know) or because it's 'traditional' I'm not sure.

I also miss gyms significantly and can't see them NOT returning for generation 8. Generation 7 is different, and I believe this is a key reason for the hate (and love too) that it receives from various fans.

I myself haven't touched Moon in awhile now and have been playing back through the generation 6 games, and wouldn't say I hated generation 7 (wasn't fond of the 'hand-holding' early on in the games however, 'kids game' or not) but it certainly took some getting used to, but hey, I've not played Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon so maybe those are vast improvements on the original generation 7 games.

Ground Safari: Sandshrew, Camerupt and Gastrodon
          Old 1 Week Ago (8:27 AM).
          AIRMAN GA TAOSENAI

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Darkpoké001 View Post
          but hey, I've not played Ultra Sun or Ultra Moon so maybe those are vast improvements on the original generation 7 games.
          You should play USUM if you can. They took what SM did, and perfected it to create a really strong third title. A lot of changes and new additions are present, such as the whole Necrozma plot, Mantine surfing and new totems...and that's not even all of the changes.

GTXV egg swap winner

Old 1 Week Ago (5:51 PM).
          stalker

Nature: Sassy
            I got Moon ver when it came out but never finished it :p I also got UM when it came out and did finish it lol I don’t hate them, I just think they are kind of boring imo. They arent bad games, just not my cup of tea. Also, Green and Red replaced Blue with Cynthia...maybe lol
            Old 3 Days Ago (6:30 AM).
            A Star Is Boar

For one thing, Alola's too small. Having four major islands and an artificial floating one ain't enough, plus the first island feels more like a massive tutorial than a place of exploration anyway. Secondly, the lack of Gyms was kind of a letdown; trials were interesting, but not quite as satisfying as Gym Leaders IMO. Thirdly, the fact that we had only around 85 new Pokemon (about 15% of which were Legendaries, Mythicals or Ultra Beasts) felt cheap. I hate how GF would rather rehash old Pokemon than make more completely new ones.
              Old 2 Days Ago (5:43 PM). Edited 2 Days Ago by Yvejuzul.

Anyone remember when you finally beat the main story in Sun or Moon? Who really enjoyed that overly long ending followed by a forced battle with Tapu Koko afterward? Felt like ages until you actually got to the credits.

Also, for the breeders who also played Sun and Moon. Remember the fun of having to lose at the Battle Royal a thousand times just so you could get a Destiny Knot or having to rely on a Pokémon with Pickup at a low level just for a tiny chance to even find it? At least that was fixed for USUM, but still...
                Old 2 Days Ago (6:18 AM).
                AIRMAN GA TAOSENAI

Quote:
                Originally Posted by Yvejuzul View Post
                Who really enjoyed that overly long ending followed by a forced battle with Tapu Koko afterward?
                NO! DON'T GET ME STARTED ON THAT!

Oh, but in all seriousness, that forced Tapu Koko fight was horribly done while trying to use the region lore as a way of attempting to justify it, especially considering you can't even save before the battle. If you've been playing through the games since the early days, you'll be used to the fact that if you KO a legendary, you have to go through the E4 again, and if you're a competitive player, then it just gets worse because you want the nature and Hidden Power type fixed on it too. Granted, Tapu Koko just comes back if you KO it, but the game doesn't tell you of that until too late, so a player will highly likely assume you have to do the E4 again. At least I got a good nature on mine...

GTXV egg swap winner

Quick Reply