• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon: Legends of the Arena

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
This game is too good. The storyline, the humor, the challenge, the difficulty, everything about the game is over the top! Awesome job my man. However, at the same time, here's a bug that I found, that made sucker punch Haunter a nightmare. Sucker punch still hit, regardless the fact that I went for Grasswhistle with my Leafeon, or Thunder Wave by Pikachu. Please fix that... Also, is the Light ball accessible in this game, because using Pikachu is quite a pain without the light ball...... Good luck!

Sorry about that, I had to release a demo under version 11 of Pokémon Essentials, seeing as version 13 has a bug which won't let you release a demo. It'll be fixed in the next release. Also, I think the only way you can get the Light Ball in this game is to catch a wild Pikachu holding one, which happens about 10% of the time I think.

Years
  • Seen Mar 1, 2016
Why do Ghost types have to be illegal :( ? I have gotten through the story to the place that they tell you why but it makes no sense! If a type was banned because of an evil team in the real games there would be few types left. Sorry about the "rant" but one of my favorite and my least favorite pokemon are ghost types.

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Why do Ghost types have to be illegal :( ? I have gotten through the story to the place that they tell you why but it makes no sense! If a type was banned because of an evil team in the real games there would be few types left. Sorry about the "rant" but one of my favorite and my least favorite pokemon are ghost types.

You're right to question why Ghost types were banned in the first place. It's not supposed to be a decision you agree with, but one which might be seen as believable. It's like when they banned people from wearing those V for Vendetta masks at protests - there's nothing wrong with the masks themselves but it was supposed to act as a deterrent to antisocial behaviour.

Years
Can somebody please help me? I need to get the ticket but the grumpy old man won't give me... What should I do? Sorry if this question is continuously asked....

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
If you reached the grumpy jerk old man you have finished the curently available demo pls wait for a few month and let Wacky continue making his game in peace.
If you have reached there it would be good for you to backtrack a bit get a few new pokemon get new itemns there alsoe ar a few sidequest you can do.
Have fun

Years
If you reached the grumpy jerk old man you have finished the curently available demo pls wait for a few month and let Wacky continue making his game in peace.
If you have reached there it would be good for you to backtrack a bit get a few new pokemon get new itemns there alsoe ar a few sidequest you can do.
Have fun
No problemo.. No pressure whatsoever wacky, take your time....

Jojirius

Jacuzzi Ant
Years
I love your vision for the game itself.

I know it's your long-term goal, but I'm really excited to see your vision for graphics, since as you said that's not a priority yet.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I'm a huge fan of your mapping style; looks very natural, if you ask me. Personally not very good at this sort of stuff; I've tried making a few maps for my friend's game before, but things always wound up looking bad. ): Also, glad to see that you're using gen four graphics; gives me some nostalgic feel, haha. Definitely going to try this game when I get the chance!

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Hi guys, here's the first look at a portion of Cycling Road. The next chapter has so much content I've had to split it into two parts, so the next release should include this and Salt Spray City in its entirety, as well as a few sidequests and such.

Spoiler:

nasonex

is trying to learn how to hack
Years
Hi guys, here's the first look at a portion of Cycling Road. The next chapter has so much content I've had to split it into two parts, so the next release should include this and Salt Spray City in its entirety, as well as a few sidequests and such.

Spoiler:

The one that bugs me is the staircaise going to the cycling road. I mean, in real life, you don't go cycling up the stairs to get in the road if you know what I mean.

Maybe you can change it into a ramp or something. :">

FlexxGaming

Pokemon XY PC Edition Developer
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jul 16, 2015
I absolutely love your pokeball sprites on that map! Good job.

Years
Hey, just completed chapter 3, nice game so far. By the way, how can I evolve my Nosepass in this game ?

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Hey, just completed chapter 3, nice game so far. By the way, how can I evolve my Nosepass in this game ?

Slight possibility I forgot to change his evolution method when I released the demo. For now, I think it should evolve if you level it up in Brinestone Labyrinth. In the next update I'll change it so that Nosepass evolves through levelling up while holding a Metal Coat.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
Hey Wacky, I'm very interested in your game. Everything's looking really nice and I would love to play your demo. Unfortunately the site you have it on will not provide a captcha. I'm not really sure how to proceed from here, but eventually I want to play it!

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Hey Wacky, I'm very interested in your game. Everything's looking really nice and I would love to play your demo. Unfortunately the site you have it on will not provide a captcha. I'm not really sure how to proceed from here, but eventually I want to play it!

That's really odd. Have you tried opening it in an incognito window or something? I just tested it and the download link should still work fine.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 22, 2016
I just did and it worked, but I got like ten pop ups. :p I've never had ad block interfere with captchas before, but that might have been it.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Good storyline bad pixelated people u should make ur own graphics and make them unique a fisherman being one of the main characters and it would look better if they were each unique like in the classic games. If ur not sure how to do it there are plenty of people on the forum who may be willing to help just something to think about.

WackyTurtle

Developer
Years
Good storyline bad pixelated people u should make ur own graphics and make them unique a fisherman being one of the main characters and it would look better if they were each unique like in the classic games. If ur not sure how to do it there are plenty of people on the forum who may be willing to help just something to think about.

I kinda liked the idea of just regular trainers being some of the main characters, since the tournament is a free contest for all. Also I'm focusing on gameplay right now, graphics and sprites can be changed at a later date.

Years
I kinda liked the idea of just regular trainers being some of the main characters, since the tournament is a free contest for all. Also I'm focusing on gameplay right now, graphics and sprites can be changed at a later date.
I couldn't agree more. While the sprites may seem recycled and all, this is actually one of this game's best USP(unique selling point) and it shows how much creativity you have. I personally don't mind you using the normal trainer sprites because the personality that you give to all these trainers here itself makes me think that they are one of a kind, and that they are their own person. And the ironic thing is that their personalities completely suite their appearances and I must say, kudos to you for pulling it off. So if I were to give my honest opinion, it would be to just keep on doing what you're doing because the graphics itself are more than good enough to be considered well polished, the story itself looks as if it's well thought through, and finally the characters themselves are so unique in their own ways, to the point where you forget about the fact that they are just normal trainers in most Pokemon games, which itself is something to be proud of ya know? At first, when I looked at your game, I was surprised about your actions about using normal trainer sprites for the main characters instead of making your own sprites. But when I played the game and got to know about their respective characters, I couldn't care less about the fact that these are actually considered as normal trainers as their personalities itself makes me believe that they are their own man/woman. So in closing, I would like to say that while at first, it may seem that recycling the normal trainer sprites makes other new viewers surprised and makes them wonder if you are as lazy as Jagold( :P), after they actually play the game themselves, none of that really matters because their personalities and the story itself renders the initial impression useless. So WackyTurtle, just keep on doing what you're doing my man, because this game actually has the potential to be one of the best Pokemon games ever made for the RPG Game Maker XP! Sorry for long post btw.. Just wanted to share my thoughts about your game to you and the other viewers here!

Back