• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] RéBURST ~RéBOOT~ [M] [OOC+SU]

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I told Khawill over Skype that Sara could come back if a few things were fixed in the SU to make it appropriate for RéBOOT.

The appearance isn't exactly two paragraphs, but it has all the information we were looking for; personality got expanded from the G1!RéBURST sheet; blah blah blah. Since it was accepted last time with non-negative results, and everything seems to be in order, there isn't a reason to keep Sara out now.

Hello, First Snow!

Sephear

Believe in the you that believes in cheese
Years
Regardless of the Reboot part I STILL don't understand how I typed rebirth O.o I was trying to tyupe Reburst...hmmm brain why you do dis to meh?

Sephear

Years
Ah, I'm so glad to be back here, I love the friendly environment and the people.
Do you hear that guys? I ****ING LOVE ALL OF YOU LUUUUVVVV RAWR!

aaanyways maybe we should have a beach part here too.

Chalifoux

:: Certified Granblue Fantasy Nerd ::
Years
Okay, so I'll get to update the OOC Thread regarding the acceptance of Sephy and Anty (and Khalil, of course), but firstly, the stats for the latter's chosen starter:

300.gif

Skitty.
[WONDER SKIN]
Simple Beam | Protect | Fake Out | Tackle​

@Sephy. DAW! :3 Yes, we should totes do a beach party! :D

@Khalil. A'ighty. I'd love to see a drawing of her :]

Last edited:

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
TRAINER

Full Name: Nami Tange

Appearance: Nami is Five foot Nine inches, with thin build. She has white skin and very light, sea-blue eyes. Her hair is light brown, and she keeps it quite short and neat. Nami has thin eyebrows and a round chin. She generally dresses stylish but modest, and dislikes very bright colors, preferring more dark blues, browns and greens rather than pastels and neon colors. She also generally avoids heels, because they make it more difficult to walk. She tends not to wear make-up, because she believes that make-up is designed entirely to show off a women's image. She wears a wooden bracelet on her left wrist. The bracelet is a memento of her Grandmother's, and is one of her most precious belongings.

She has an Oblivian accent, as a result of both her parents moving from Oblivia to Hoenn. Her father's family is historically from Hoenn, and he had always wanted to move back to the land of his ancestors. People sometimes describe her accent as beautiful, though that may be just because it more exotic then the typical Hoenn accent. Most of the people who do this are older women, who are either simply being kind or enjoy her accent due to it's exotic nature. Most other people don't bother to mention her accent. The R's are rolled, and the consonants are soft and subdued. She also has a lovely singing voice, as a result of years of forced schooling by her parents. She dislikes singing in public though, and tends to only sing when she has to.

Personality: Nami has wanted to be a trainer ever since she was little, when her grandmother told her stories about her journey when she was young. Her outlook on life is very realism-based, preferring not to beat around the bush. She is very truthful, sometimes to the point of being brutally honest. She dislikes lies, especially lies that people tell themselves. She views this as a weakness of character. She believes that if a person has the energy to lie to themselves, then they have the energy to make their situation better. That said, she is very outgoing and fun-loving, and enjoys having and making friends. However, she is often inadvertently apathetic, because she often doesn't realize how important a situation is to someone. As a rule, she dislikes Bug Pokemon, as she finds most of them disconcerting. However, she often has no problems with Ghost or Dark type Pokemon, though her experience with both types is not extensive. She believes in giving everyone a chance, even if they are a Bug type. She also dislikes nicknaming Pokemon, viewing the nickname as an annoyance rather than a term of endearment. "You can be just as close to a Pokemon without a nickname as one with a nickname."

Background: Nami lives with her parents, who have schooled her from a young age, particularly about music. Nami is a very good vocalist, and is also proficient with the flute. However she almost never plays or sings in public due to her general dislike of music. The one exception is when she was around her Grandmother, who is the only reason that she is still involved in the arts. She moved with her parents from Oblivia to Hoenn at a rather young age, though she still retains her Oblivian accent. Her grandparents still live in Oblivia, though her family is historically from Hoenn. Her parents encourage her to try new things whenever she gets a chance, and were thrilled when she said that she wanted to go on a journey like her grandmother and grandfather. Neither of her parents went on a journey, as her mother was too sickly as a child and her father never had any interest.

She had many friends in Oblivia as a child, and has many friends now in Hoenn. However, her brutally honest personality means that any of her true friends need to be able to survive a constant critiquing. She lived in the area around Lilycove City, and traveled to the island where she could get a starter Pokemon.

POKÉMON
Starter Pokémon: Torchic
Torchic is very brave, not cowering from any kind of fight, even if it's with a Pokemon much more powerful than itself. It is also very protective of its trainer. Also, it has a strange habit of tearing the face off of people who say the phrase "oh-meh-gerd."

Sorry if I took a bit of creative licence with the being from Oblivia. I figured you weren't going to use it, so it made for good back story.

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
@Garde. I seem to find no problems in any section of your SU (other than the fact that the Oblivian accent/historically from Hoenn family seems to repeat across the SU) :p Only waiting for Birdy's approval now! :D

Sephear

Years
I'm glad that they added Gallade, a lot of the newer pokemon bugged me for a while, but I never liked the thought of Gardevoirs that were still male...creepy tranny pokey and the man

YellowGardevoir

"Intend to? I already have."
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2015
Ok, I know I'm not officially in, but I will be gone until Friday, so I won't be able to post anything until then. Really hope this isn't a problem!

Chalifoux

Years
@TurtleKing. Yay! Moar peeps! :3

@YellowGardevoir. No probs, we won't be starting the RP anytime soon unless we getz a hella bunch of more interested people. Which, by the way, would be totally awesome. Also, still waiting on Birdy's veredict upon your SU :]

Songbird

Tonight, the marigolds bloom for her.
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2024
I only have a few things to say before I accept YellowGardevoir's SU.

1. You noted that her accent is "beautiful". Beautiful to whom, exactly? Is it a generalization of a large number of Hoenn natives? Beauty is entirely subjective — meaning you need to provide particular examples, rather than using "many". A better word is "exotic", as that's what virtually everyone calls a foreign accent, and it can be used objectively.
  2. The only other thing is the condition that you don't try to make her sing or play a flute in the RP. It's not hating the singing/flute thing; it's hating when people try to put it into writing, and it's even worse if someone links to a video to try and "demonstrate" it, especially if it's not even what their voice is supposed to sound like. That will instantly put you on my s*** list, and if you plan to do it at all, please change it.

Sephear

Years
Hmmm how do we get more people here? To be honest I can't wait because only two of the other RPs I'm in have started so far, and their both moving pretty slowly, cool think is so far I love the GMs of all the RP's I'm a part of =) Especially you Beats, our Lovely Songbird, and Gimmepie =D

Dangit! Songbird, your sigpic it's sooooooo cute...I have a weakness for cute things, that's why I have had one kitty or another for pets my whole life >.<

Last edited:

Chalifoux

Years
@Garde. Alright. Birdy seems to pick up stuff I either dismiss or am too clumsy to carefully look upon. A change regarding how "beautiful" her accent is -as Birdy already stated - must be in place. And I agree with the flute thingy too. I've rarely seen it managed appropriately, so, yeah... A few edits and your char will be good to go! o3o

@Sephy. Well, we've already advertised the RP, so now we play the waiting game :] Three characters accepted, another three incoming. We will have a cast of six, and for me that'll be plenty enough to begin this RP ;]

Chalifoux

Years
LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT BURST HEARTS!

@ Antemortem. Mmm, let's see. A Burst Heart is a gem, of hexagonal shape and the size of a Pokéball, which, as such, can fit in someone's pocket. Like a Pokéball, it can store a Pokémon, with the only difference being that the Burst Heart cannot release the Pokémon it contains unless the owner is defeated while Bursting with that Pokémon, and if that happens, the gem itself breaks and the Pokémon is considered as released. The Pokémon contained within a Burst Heart can easily be seen from the outside, just like those in Pokéballs in Pokémon Special/Pokémon Adventures. Like this:

Spoiler:

It is known that Burst Hearts can be made artificially if an original one is possessed, but the shape of these is more like a rhombus, and the usual pain and risk of dying when Bursting tends to be higher on inexperienced Burst Warriors. Those look like this:

Spoiler:

When Bursting with a Pokémon, the user of the Burst Heart gains the appearance traits, as well as attacks, abilities and weaknesses of the Pokémon inside. For instance, Bursting with a Raikou could make you very fast, almost not damaged by lighting yet weak against Ground attacks. There is also a way to bond and keep training a Pokémon while it is inside a Burst Heart. It is known that one can "access" so to speak to a Burst heart. When this happens it's more like having your mind drift off to some other place rather than actually disappearing. The "inside" of the Burst Heart depends on the Pokémon it contains as well as which would be his habitat. It's like they have their own little world there, and when entering, you can keep bonding with them and even train them in some sort of way. This happening is triggered randomly on those who haven't trained to be Burst Warrior or have an artificial Burst Heart. The more trained you are the more you will control when these visits take place. Here:

Spoiler:
Zekrom being Zekrom, his surrounding on the Burst Heart pretty much need to be this gloomy, right?

NOW, the act of Bursting itself... You have the gem, okay? You need to place it on your chest -on a very, very fabulous way, mind you-. Then, an excruciating pain will hit you -like you're being hit thousands of times in a row in your chest-, it is known that people actually die in failed attempts of Bursting... Some can barely withstand the pain out of pure luck while some train for years in order to fight ad eventually get used to the pain. If you're lucky enough to not die -or performed the act itself correctly-, a slight layer of light will take over you, the act itself is not that lousy unless you yell like there won't be a tomorrow. Afterwards, you swiftly earn traits from your Pokémon:

Spoiler:

And once the act is done, you will almost look like that Pokémon in your Burst Heart, obviously keeping your head:

Spoiler:

And if you fail... THIS will happen:

Spoiler:

And that's it, I think, unless I'm missing something (and if I do then Songbird might explain it OR explain this in an even better way). The Pokémon contained in a Burst Heart will occasionally be up to you to elect, while sometimes you'll stick with random ones. Or maybe those used by Team Gaia? Who knows!

EDIT: STOP USING SEXY AVATARS! >.<

@[supporter]Khawill[/supporter]. It should be a question that can be answered, I suppose :P Wait, why didn't I reply to this first? Kind of burying the ladder here...​

Last edited:

Khawill

<3
Years
Well then, it seems clear to me that failure is all but the answer. Your explanation is most detailed and the pictures do assist the words. Furthermore, I have created a question, perfect for your answer.

Question: What is the best kind of question?

Its ingenious because the answer matches my previous query.

Also, will I be allowed to create an NPC (as is common in most RPs that I'm in)

Chalifoux

Years
@[supporter]Khawill[/supporter] I see no reason for not allowing NPCs. As long as there aren't post centered specifically on them, in which case they would count as a second character and require a full-fledged SU of theirs. So, yeah, why not. You should give vague details on how they act/look like, as well as a brief story. Kind of like an SU sheet, but not quite :]

Said in short, yeah, go for it! :D

Back