• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Garden of Life ~ Grass-Type Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
What are your favorite Shiny grass-type Pokemon? Do you have any shiny grass-type Pokemon?
I'm actually pretty fond of shiny Virizion (I hope I spelled it right!). It's got pink fur surrounding its body, which, if you ask me, looks a lot nicer than plain green, haha. Would've looked even more beautiful if it were orange, I believe, but that's okay; it's really not much of a big deal.

As for me having any, I used to have a couple in Pokémon Platinum, but forgot to have them transferred before trading the cartridge in, unfortunately. I also used to have shiny Breloom in Emerald, which had went through a similar story; sadly, I forgot to migrate it to Diamond version before starting a new save file.

I wish I weren't this forgetful!

Years
What are your favorite Shiny grass-type Pokemon?
Some of my fave Shiny Grass Pokemon are the Pumpkaboo line (I'm a fan of the black + purple on them), Celebi and Skiploom/Jumpluff (I love the pink color) and also the green color on the shiny Hoppip. I feel like green shinies are unloved imo. Chesnaught's also got a nice shiny form, in fact some people love it better than its normal colors.

Do you have any shiny grass-type Pokemon?
I have just one Grass-type shiny, and it's a male Budew in Diamond. Said game technically belonged to my brother though, but it was nice I did catch three shinies alone in that game.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
How have I not joined this yet?

Username: Nolafus
Partner pokemon: Snivy and Cradily

I chose Snivy because Serperior is my favorite pokemon, so it looks like I'm going to have to be active around here!

Cradily is there because I had way too much fun harassing my opponents on Showdown with it, haha. And for the sake of an example:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nu-44843073

Answering the topic at hand, I'm not sure who my favorite shiny grass type is. Now that I think about it more, it's probably Breloom. I just like the color scheme of it.

And unfortunately, no. I don't have any shiny grass types.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I really want to collect every shiny grass-type out there, especially shiny Meganium. I tried my hand at masuda-ing for a shiny chikorita but I got tired of it after one box. lol

Added you to the club, Slayr!~ Welcome. :)

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
Guys, have you like gotten a pretty rare Grass type you actually like? Whether it be a trade or WT, or just a random encounter? I'm just thinking about it and wanted to see what you guys think.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
A rare grass-type, hm... now, I'm not exactly sure if this Pokémon is considered to be rare or not, but I've always wanted to get a hold of Breloom for a while (one that's got Poison Heal ability and is IV-bred), and was super-glad to have finally received it in my Y version. A friend got it for me, and traded for one of my shiny Pokémon; wound up giving her a Geodude, since I had two of those shinies.

Breloom is a great grass-type all-around, and could cause some major destruction if used right, if you ask me. Currently, my moveset consists of Spore, Mach Punch, Seed Bomb, and Leech Seed; with this, I was able to take down quite a few opponents online.

Been a fan of this Pokémon ever since I'd gotten into competitive battling, which would be about five years ago, and still am!

Years
Username: The Dark Avenger
Partner Pokemon:
snivy_spirte_by_bloodspattercrow-d39beu1.gif
Lilligant_Ruch.gif

Favorites:
Lilligant, Roserade, Leavanny, Whimiscott, Meganium, Gourgeist, Virizion, Shiny Jumpluff (Must be shiny!!!)

Generally, I think gen 5 was the best region of grass pokemon. Almost all of my favorites are from Unova. Also, Virizion is my favorite legendary. But she's often overlooked :(

Rare pokemon? Syd gifted me a shiny snivy and hoppip last Spring. Best poke-gift ever!!!

Years
Fenneking you are killing me. Our tastes when it comes to grass types are incredibly similar! Shiny Jumpluff, Whimsicott, Virizion, Meganium, etc etc.. such good Pokemon. (´▽`ʃƪ)

I have a few grass type shinies too, actually. Virizion, Treecko, Whimsicott, and Jumpluff come to mind but there may be more.. the Virizion and Jumpluff shinies are on my "pink Pokemon" team. ;P

Years
Fenneking you are killing me. Our tastes when it comes to grass types are incredibly similar! Shiny Jumpluff, Whimsicott, Virizion, Meganium, etc etc.. such good Pokemon. (´▽`ʃƪ)

I have a few grass type shinies too, actually. Virizion, Treecko, Whimsicott, and Jumpluff come to mind but there may be more.. the Virizion and Jumpluff shinies are on my "pink Pokemon" team. ;P

I forgot to mention shiny Virizion! Also, I will mention that you obviously have impeccable taste ;)

Shiny lilligant is another beautiful palette swap, green->turquoise and red-> Pink.

Btw, am I the only one disappointed by Florges' typing? There seemed to be some discussion about this after she was revealed, but not much after that. Even though I am strict about having a grass/fire/water triad on my team, I sometimes substitute Florges in for my grass type.

Salzorrah

Years
Ah I looooove your choices in Grass types as well ;3 Lilligant <3

Yeah, I don't get why Florges and its pre evos arent grass type. I know it gets that quad Poison weakness but, it would make sense that the Flabebe line should be since they are flowers, majority of their attack lineup are Grass moves, and please, it looks so fab ;;

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Username: Musicality
Partner Pokemon: Bulbasaur|Whimsicott

Always been a fan of grass type Pokwmon since I saw Bulbasaur in Gen 1. They tend to have pretty adorable designs in general, and while not being a great defensive type they are decent offensively, and some of the grass Pokemon can really hold their own in the competitive scene (Mega Venusaur, Whimsicott, Breloom to name a few.) I'm also relatively new to the forums, so joining a club seemed like the best way to get integrated with the community. See you guys around! :)

Regards to the current Topic:

My favourite would definitely be shiny Whimsicott. I would love to say Shiny Bulbasaur, bit honestly I feel that they did a really bad, or rather lazy job with the shiny design. It's basically just lighting up the green tones, and there you have it. I've not had any luck with getting any grass type shiny Pokemon as of yet, in fact I haven't even gotten one before, so if I were to get a grass type one I'd be elated. Well, back to the mercy of RNG. xD

Last edited:

Salzorrah

Years
Whimsicott is just a cutie. Pretty much what I feel bout Whimsicott.

tumblr_m0hc4voSU71qh2o7zo2_500.gif

I just wished that they didn't make them the only Grass/Fairy Pokemon, along with Cottonee :( I mean, there are a lot of candidates for Grass/Fairy imo.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Whimsicott is just a cutie. Pretty much what I feel bout Whimsicott.

tumblr_m0hc4voSU71qh2o7zo2_500.gif

I just wished that they didn't make them the only Grass/Fairy Pokemon, along with Cottonee :( I mean, there are a lot of candidates for Grass/Fairy imo.

Yeah, Grass/Fairy has a lot of potential. Some canditates could be Jumpluff/Liligant/Cherrim/Roserade, and the additional fairy typing would make them a whole lot better. Liligant really should've been grass/fairy, it even looks the part, even more so than Whimsicott in my opinion. But Gamefreak. Oh well. :p

Salzorrah

Years
Yeah. Which reminds me, here's a topic!

What Grass types should have a type change. Whether it be a change of it's secondary typing, primary typing, or make other non-Grass types, Grass?

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I would personally love to see Serperior have a secondary Dragon typing, but maybe save that for the mega-evolution?

Other than that, I agree with what's been said above. A possibility is that Gamefreak didn't want a surplus of Grass/Fairy types, so they kept it at a minimum. Even with that, though, Florges really should be part grass.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
Years
I still don't know why Florges isn't a grass. I mean it can do nearly all grass moves, it is a flower, and it's green. So what's up with that? Oh well....

Years
What Grass types should have a type change. Whether it be a change of it's secondary typing, primary typing, or make other non-Grass types, Grass?
I would agree with Musicality on Lilligant. It looks like something that would be Grass/Fairy, but ironically Game Freak trolled us there. Fairy typing would have been pretty cool on it since it would give it more options than the solely Grass-type movepool it's stuck with at the moment.

The Hoppip line is one I would have also made into Grass/Fairy since they do learn a few Fairy moves (notably Fairy Wind and Dazzling Gleam) plus they tend to fit the cute stereotype that most Fairy-types are.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018

i think florges line should be fairy/grass, Serperior should be grass/dragon, whimsicott should be grass/fairy, and maybe lilligant could be grass/fairy

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The Flabebe line SHOULD be a grass-type...or at least part grass-type, because most of the moves they learn (grassy terrain, petal blizzard, etc), are grass-type and they learn more than fairy-types. Plus they "live" and "protect" gardens, so it would make sense to have them as a secondary grass-type.

Alas, that is not the case since according to Bulbapedia, Florges is based on a mermaid of some sort.

Venitardus, I think Whimsicott is already grass/fairy since Gen 6 started iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back