• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Rocket Rising

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
Uh duh lol ya it took like a long time i lost first time restarted and did it again and yaya i won it was easy the second time hypnosis attack hypnosis attack hypnosis lick and attack

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Just in time for the weekend... It's an update.
This update will include lots of little changes, and the addition of the Silph Co. invasion. It should add another half hour length, at least.
I'm not sure if carrying over your save file will work, especially if you already delivered the package to the guy in Saffron, but it might? Let me know if it does or doesn't.

Version .2
Download w/ RTP (bigger): http://www.mediafire.com/download/yhbdv6z1ste4cvb/RocketRising.exe
Download w/o: (smaller): http://www.mediafire.com/download/jlbl1ykfwjop0j3/RocketRisingver2.rar

Changes:
- Lots of stat changes. HP, and speed especially.
- Null should no longer exist but seems to be popping up here and there. Mostly it shouldn't be a problem anymore? Still working on it though.
- You can get a prize from the Game Corner for having 5 stolen pokemon.
- Teleporters exist now. You will be able to set one up after the Pokemon Mansion.
- Type advantages/disadvantages should be more noticeable.
- Moves have different strengths. Basically, poison sting does less damage than thunderbolt now.
- Aaand more. Extensive list on the front page.

I ran this through twice, so there definitely shouldn't be anything gamebreaking. I'm gonna take a break for a week to recharge and come up with more content. As long as no gamebreaking glitch comes up... I'll see you all next Friday.
Hope you enjoy.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
So I ended up replaying everything just to make sure there wouldn't be anything wrong with the events in Saffron City. After going through the finding Redra bit again, I'd suggest you make a message, showing that Red/Leaf already gathered all the clues. Ended up having to go back to Lavender Town all for naught because of it. The Silph Co. takeover was pretty fun, and that special remix with Blue was actually pretty awesome. Redra being off at Route 12 earlier makes a lot of sense now. She also seems nice, minus the end scene.

Had no idea things were going to get so heated with the president. That part was awesome, along with whatever happened to the secretary, Celeste. Also would like to say it was pretty cool the trainer we recruited was in a rocket uniform now. Only bugs, at least they seemed to be, was that the skill bar was slow for both parties during the invasion. No error really showed up though.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Okay, gonna try this out now.

So far I found one bug: I lost to a Lass on Route 8 and after respawning back at the Underground Path entrance, I found the lass jogging along the Route. We engaged in battle and my Rattata was at 1HP. Dunno if this happens with other trainers.

EDIT: On Cinnabar Island, on one of the rooms of the lab, there are two people who won't react when you talk to them. Also the anagram tutorial looks a bit weird, with a plain white rectangle with nothing on it popping out in the middle of the screen.

EDIT 2: Just realised: The Gastly I was given does not know Hypnosis for some odd reason.

Last edited:

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Ok, I've arrived at Saffron City. Apart from what I mentioned in my last post, everything looks better than the previous version :)

However, there are some things I'd like to mention.

1)The guard at the Saffron Gate will not react when I talk to him. Neither does the Copycat or any of her Pokémon. Or Mr. Psychic for that matter.

2)There's this dude who wants to buy a house that's not for sale. I offer to 'persuade' the owner of the house and go inside to find... nobody. I don't know if it's because the event hasn't been finished or if that's supposed to happen for the time being.

3) 'Miss Scientist' at the Sliph Invasion will not react. Perhaps she's frozen by fear? :P

4) You should check the warp panels, one of them led to the ground floor where there are no panels and two panels led me to one same panel.

Also
Spoiler:

EDIT: wat

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Yeah, the npc's with no dialogue, just don't have any dialogue at the moment, on purpose or not. I personally don't find it game breaking or bothersome, as unlike most Team Rocket games, I get lost in the gameplay. Besides ToxicPurple and Apollo, the others make me feel like you're not really a rocket, perhaps because they contain friendly npc's, which this one is able to balance well.

Personally, from playing the game since it's debut, I thought it was pretty clear that the lack of dialogue in Saffron City, minus Silph Co itself, was because there was nothing there yet. The guy who asks you to persuade personally, was obvious for me, since he kept repeating himself, when usually there's a switch to keep an event from doing so after a decision. The hypnosis thing, I assumed was a learn by lvling.

Most of these things will be fix by the new version I suppose, he just needs to recharge like he said.

Zavytar

Lonely Planet Boy
Years
Yeah, the npc's with no dialogue, just don't have any dialogue at the moment, on purpose or not. I personally don't find it game breaking or bothersome, as unlike most Team Rocket games, I get lost in the gameplay. Besides ToxicPurple and Apollo, the others make me feel like you're not really a rocket, perhaps because they contain friendly npc's, which this one is able to balance well.

Personally, from playing the game since it's debut, I thought it was pretty clear that the lack of dialogue in Saffron City, minus Silph Co itself, was because there was nothing there yet. The guy who asks you to persuade personally, was obvious for me, since he kept repeating himself, when usually there's a switch to keep an event from doing so after a decision. The hypnosis thing, I assumed was a learn by lvling.

Most of these things will be fix by the new version I suppose, he just needs to recharge like he said.

Yeah, it learned it by levelling, but I recalled that it had Hypnosis when Maxx gave it to me.

The only thing that could be considered an "urgent" thing to fix would be some of the warp panels at Silph and the trainers on Route 8 thing. Other than that it's all good :)

Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Guess the whole Hypnosis thing has to do with the balancing or something, it'll probably be subjected to change back if needed, if Hypnosis is more favorable. I didn't really even notice the warp panels, and I actually avoid the trainers, so wouldn't know about that. Reminds me though, shouldn't we have stole one of the Machop belonging to the secretary, since we stole that school kid's Vulpix? I'm really loving the whole "...We get paid?" joke, which will hopefully develop as we rank up, along with the Pokemon we're allowed to keep.

Dedenne1

Years
Uhh I wish i could play but turns out my C key isnt the only problem my entire labtop gotta be junked guess its time to look for a new one. If i dont get a new one in time ill play version 3 :) cant wait to see it though

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
After going through the finding Redra bit again, I'd suggest you make a message, showing that Red/Leaf already gathered all the clues. Ended up having to go back to Lavender Town all for naught because of it. The Silph Co. takeover was pretty fun, and that special remix with Blue was actually pretty awesome. Redra being off at Route 12 earlier makes a lot of sense now. She also seems nice, minus the end scene.
There should be an achievement that triggers when you get all 7 of Redra's clues, but I can add in a message at the beginning saying no clues will be outside of Celadon. I'm glad Redra seems nice, and that you liked the takeover!
The remix is from Sonicwave1000. They have a lot of Pokemon remixes too, now that I've looked at them more.

Had no idea things were going to get so heated with the president. That part was awesome, along with whatever happened to the secretary, Celeste. Also would like to say it was pretty cool the trainer we recruited was in a rocket uniform now. Only bugs, at least they seemed to be, was that the skill bar was slow for both parties during the invasion. No error really showed up though.

The skill bar... as in the ATB bar? There was a glitch before where the ATB would slow to a crawl after entering the passcode on the 4th floor.

So far I found one bug: I lost to a Lass on Route 8 and after respawning back at the Underground Path entrance, I found the lass jogging along the Route. We engaged in battle and my Rattata was at 1HP. Dunno if this happens with other trainers.

Ack, yeah. The trainers are programmed to approach the player, so when you respawn they're still coming after you... I'd fixed it before for the trainers you're "supposed" to lose to, but not the Lass or the Gamblers. It should be fixed next update.

EDIT: On Cinnabar Island, on one of the rooms of the lab, there are two people who won't react when you talk to them. Also the anagram tutorial looks a bit weird, with a plain white rectangle with nothing on it popping out in the middle of the screen.

EDIT 2: Just realised: The Gastly I was given does not know Hypnosis for some odd reason.

Cinnabar Lab still doesn't have anything there, unfortunately. So it's just blank right now.
Gastly I adjusted so that it starts only with Lick.

The guard at the Saffron Gate will not react when I talk to him. Neither does the Copycat or any of her Pokémon. Or Mr. Psychic for that matter.
Yep, Saffron only has the invasion right now. I'll probably make it so that, bit by bit, you can take over the remaining buildings there. But for now there's just Silph. The guard at Saffron gate will only bother you if you try to enter without the Lockpick. Once you have the lockpick, he'll let you through without trouble.
House-Guy will be a sidequest, probably next update.

3) 'Miss Scientist' at the Sliph Invasion will not react. Perhaps she's frozen by fear? :P

Her event is making sure the Rockets from before are vanished. If you save and load in that spot, you'll notice them momentarily existing before vanishing again. Because her event is doing that, talking to her is impossible.
So, basically, frozen in fear, haha.

4) You should check the warp panels, one of them led to the ground floor where there are no panels and two panels led me to one same panel.
Also
Spoiler:
The warp panels is purposeful. I didn't want to just redo the original Silph panels, and the Rockets did interrupt the Scientist as she was setting them up. Therefore, they're not quite wired correctly.
Plus, the 1st floor is nice. There are fountains, and an antidote to pick up.
The cops should say different floors, you're right. I copied them and forgot about that dialogue.
And 9F is the best! It's so much fun making challenging stuff.

...Well huh. Apparently the cop is 'seeing' you through the other cop. It doesn't take into account that there are things in the way.
I think it can 'see' you through a wall too... but I'm not sure how to fix it other than changing it's sight length and potentially making things too easy...

...as unlike most Team Rocket games, I get lost in the gameplay. Besides ToxicPurple and Apollo, the others make me feel like you're not really a rocket, perhaps because they contain friendly npc's, which this one is able to balance well.
:D :D
You always say the nicest things.

Spoiler:
That Pokemon is just a little overpowered though. Like... 220+ dmg per turn.

Reminds me though, shouldn't we have stole one of the Machop belonging to the secretary, since we stole that school kid's Vulpix? I'm really loving the whole "...We get paid?" joke, which will hopefully develop as we rank up, along with the Pokemon we're allowed to keep.

At that point, the priority was more about the President than stealing the secretary's Pokemon. Plus, I think of the Player as still a bit of a goody right now. You chased after these two as they ran, forced this girl to battle to protect her boss, completely wrecked her, and then kind of kidnapped them. Stealing her Pokemon on top of that would be so mean! haha.
Ahh, I was wondering if anyone would notice the "...We get paid?" joke! I like it, so I'll probably keep throwing it in here and there.

Uhh I wish i could play but turns out my C key isnt the only problem my entire labtop gotta be junked guess its time to look for a new one. If i dont get a new one in time ill play version 3 :) cant wait to see it though

Ah, I'm sorry to hear that! I guess you can't F1 and remap the key into something else?

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Ah, so it was Axel's voice in the remix. Haven't played Kingdom Hearts 2 in awhile, cause from what I remember, the Cd got scratched up or something, and I ended up always getting stuck at Sora's memory loading progress. Would not load after it went to one hundred percent, just a black screen. Could be because of AR codes too, I guess. Yeah, the ATB bar made it take forever to battle any npc's, it was a pretty weird glitch. And yes, this, and the other two games I've mentioned were the best Team Rocket games.

Pokemon Rocket Scientist had an interesting concept to it, but I didn't like it all that much, because I had to download a Vizzed plug-in, which is so not worth selling out your game for. And because I didn't really feel like much of a scientist. I was able to tell that only some dialogue were changed, because of one particular npc in Viridian Forest, who said I was a kid or something, even though I was a grown man.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Back to working on Rocket Rising! I think I came up with some decent ideas during the recharge break, and there should be more sidequests and side-things to do next update. Maybe some Lieutenant missions too!

Ah, so it was Axel's voice in the remix. Haven't played Kingdom Hearts 2 in awhile, cause from what I remember, the Cd got scratched up or something, and I ended up always getting stuck at Sora's memory loading progress. Would not load after it went to one hundred percent, just a black screen. Could be because of AR codes too, I guess. Yeah, the ATB bar made it take forever to battle any npc's, it was a pretty weird glitch. And yes, this, and the other two games I've mentioned were the best Team Rocket games.

Pokemon Rocket Scientist had an interesting concept to it, but I didn't like it all that much, because I had to download a Vizzed plug-in, which is so not worth selling out your game for. And because I didn't really feel like much of a scientist. I was able to tell that only some dialogue were changed, because of one particular npc in Viridian Forest, who said I was a kid or something, even though I was a grown man.

It's been forever since I played KH2, but I enjoyed it. It's intro is one of my favorites, playing as Roxas and figuring the mysteries was so much fun.
I think 358/2, and Chain of Memories were the best games though. They were interesting, and felt very different from the norm.

I'll look into the ATB glitch. Since before, it was happening because of the variable you used to get the keycard on the 4th floor... but this sounds different.

I think Rocket Science was made for a competition on Vizzed, so it had to be there only. Plus, I like that I can play stuff like Earthbound or Fire Emblem on Vizzed, so the plug-in doesn't bother me.
I looked at some of the other entries in the competition, and I thought that Rocket Science was definitely one of the most creative of the entries. Not sure how long they had to work on it either, probably only a month or so, and I thought ROM's are craaazy hard to make.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Yeah, I've seen a few of the play as the villain hacks, state that they were apart of some competition. Still, limited time or not, I wished the creators would have made a remake of their games. Rocket Science could have had better execution, like the description of it had sounded like, with the whole cleaning up after Red thing. Pokemon Apollo was a good example of that, since you're basically getting the lackey work, like in Rocket Science.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 22, 2016
Leave me a massage when its like 90 % completed ;) it looks good tho! Keep up the work!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Got a bit sick for awhile, still recovering. Stuff will be a bit slow while I do so.

In the meanwhile I've been trying to think of different types of villains, so that I can have different options or events for the player to pick from. If possible, I want to provide different ways to complete things.

So far I think there are villains that are 1) ruthless/hands on type (like Maxx), 2) the less obvious/backstabbing type (like Redra) 3) the one who finds ways for others to do their dirty work 4) The kind that does villainous things, but for good reasons.

Anyways, hopefully I will be back in action soon.

Dedenne1

Years
Hehe i still be watching! Hopefully when the next demo comes out ill have a new computer. :)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Progress: Still alive.

-Been doing a lot of mapping, because after Silph Co. most of the world should be open to you. Currently done with Rock Tunnel, the Routes from Cerulean to Lavender, Cerulean to Saffron. And the overviews of Fuschia, Cerulean and Pallet Town are done.
-There will be the item Flashlight to replace the HM Flash, so that you can get through the Rock Tunnel.
-Been messing with sprites so that there's a bit more variety amongst them. Most notable in the Rockets right now, probably.
-Fixed the cell phone so that you should get appropriate responses depending on where you are in game.

I've done a very little work on more sidequests, but not much.

I'm not quite satisfied with the Rocket Rising battle system just yet. It's not quite where I want it to be. But, I'm curious, does anyone have any faults/praises on how it is currently?

Flashlight Example:
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2018
Ah, good to see you're still working on this. Whatever motive Red/Leaf has for Pallet Town, it will surely be a pretty nostalgic part for the next update. From what I remember about the way you handled the database, didn't you like just put their base stats in for their Pokemon? I wouldn't know anything about stats, as even the difference for the handheld games of Evs are small things most wouldn't even notice. Only time I really noticed the damage, was the one Redra's Snorlax did, and it was reasonably made for that part of the game.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 24, 2020
Ah, good to see you're still working on this. Whatever motive Red/Leaf has for Pallet Town, it will surely be a pretty nostalgic part for the next update. From what I remember about the way you handled the database, didn't you like just put their base stats in for their Pokemon? I wouldn't know anything about stats, as even the difference for the handheld games of Evs are small things most wouldn't even notice. Only time I really noticed the damage, was the one Redra's Snorlax did, and it was reasonably made for that part of the game.

Yeah, for Pokemon stats I tried to keep them as close to official stats as I could. Except for HP, which I doubled.
For the enemies I'm less careful with it, because sometimes the official stats makes them a little too strong, or too fast, or something.
Ev's are interesting but... I never played with them much. The Pokemon games were so simple and straightforward, I never felt like I needed to.

And yeah, I'm really looking forward to Pallet Town. It has a lot of potential.

Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2023
Hey,
played through the game and I must say I really enjoyed it if it will be further developed it will be one of my all time favorites when it comes to pokemon fan games. It really is a challanging game there I thought it did some dick moves but after some adjusting it felt more challanging than unfair. How about you change the name from developing to demo or something? It will be sure to atract some people. For the last thing: Right now the ability of choosing pokemon is limited real hard hope it changes with some future feature besides the item you get for 5 stolen pokemon is OP my ratata gets far too much MP it never runs low anymore.

Back