• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Bronze 2 (COMPLETE)

Lord Arkadios

PKMN Trainer Zalkari
Years
Me neither, but Pokemon Crystal disassembly made everything possible.
It was just so easy to use, even a mankey could do it.

Anyway, I played through the game without any Pokemon to make sure all the events lined up.
They do, so next step is assigning wild Pokemon and NPC parties.

Lol I'd say more like a Magicarp(which I name Ares because of the Vengeful warring Garyidos(spelled wrong) I get after evolving it from level 5-20.)

Ultimately I'm waiting for a complete version before I play. I liked the initial Bronze.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 9, 2023
Hey Freako how you are doing?
A bit of update would be pretty sweet.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I'm still working on it in the background. Mostly writing NPC dialog and picking trainer teams.
I just haven't been posting about it.

But it is getting done!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I am now halfway through choosing wild pokemon and trainer teams for the entire first region!
Also NPC text. I've been writing 'round the clock, making sure to keep everything said to be exactly what you'd find in a real Pokemon game. Absolutely no outside references that would take you out of the game like the first Bronze.

Some random screenshots:
FOnQHeH.png

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Update!

Here is how much of the main story/wild pokemon/trainer parties/NPC text has been completed!
twj2oMN.png

We're getting deadly close to the completion of a gigantic major chunk of the first region in the game!
When I complete all of that, I'll start designing the GYMs and leaders, plus other graphics. And we'll have a full complete game in our hands.

That is until I start on the wild pokemon/trainer parties/NPC text in the second region for twice the game content!

Danny-E 33

The Loneliest Cubone
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2024
I just now noticed this thread! Very cool.
Given how high quality Bronze was, being a hex edit hack, I'm sure this hack is going to be stellar!

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Thanks Danny!

Anyway I've been doing a lot of coding on side quests, It's going very smoothly.

I sketched up a picture of the game's heroes in my spare time:

YX5mA1Y.jpg

And yeah, they're supposed to look a lot like Dawn and Nate. :P

Last edited:
Years
Oh man, what a surprise!

Pokémon Bronze is probably my most favorite Pokémon GBC hack! Can't wait to play this one in the future! c:

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Oh man, what a surprise!

Pokémon Bronze is probably my most favorite Pokémon GBC hack! Can't wait to play this one in the future! c:

Well, looks like you'll have a new favourite cuz this one is twice as better.
I'm really proud of how this is turning out.

Years
  • Seen Dec 27, 2016
Thanks Danny!

Anyway I've been doing a lot of coding on side quests, It's going very smoothly.

I sketched up a picture of the game's heroes in my spare time:

YX5mA1Y.jpg

And yeah, they're supposed to look a lot like Dawn and Nate. :P

very nice

i'm surprised though you haven't drawn that kind of art of them yet though

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
VPhrUf1.png

This much of the main quest now complete!

Lookin' like I can get it done before new year hopefully. Then on to designing gym leaders and extra side quets. Then on to Region 2.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Well, I've done it. The entire main game can be played start to finish, minus a lot of polish and new gym leaders. I was saving editing graphics and that until last.

bSelslc.png

Only 8 months of development and three pages, and we have a full playable game. Time to do a lot of play testing.
But come next year I will start work on the events and pokemon of the entire second region after quest. (It has already been completely mapped and linked together, woo!)

If anyone has any suggestions of side quests I can add to beef the game up some more, feel free to post them. I've got a couple of em, but more can't hurt.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen yesterday
Well, I've done it. The entire main game can be played start to finish, minus a lot of polish and new gym leaders. I was saving editing graphics and that until last.

bSelslc.png

Only 8 months of development and three pages, and we have a full playable game. Time to do a lot of play testing.
But come next year I will start work on the events and pokemon of the entire second region after quest. (It has already been completely mapped and linked together, woo!)

If anyone has any suggestions of side quests I can add to beef the game up some more, feel free to post them. I've got a couple of em, but more can't hurt.

I don't have many ideas but I assume after testing's done that we can get our hands on it?

Back