• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Help: Pokemon Party Creation

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
I think this is the correct place to post rather than the pokemon general category, apologies if not though.

Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Green, Coliseum, XD Gale of Darkness, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, Heart Gold, Sould Silver, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X, Y, Omega Ruby, Alpha Sapphire, Sun, Moon, Ultra Sun and finally Ultra Moon.

I wanted to try and make a party for each game out of some twisted twisted sense of fun and with that was wondering what others would suggest, so here I am. There were some restrictions I put, both to make it a little more interesting as well as to make the undertaking less massive, so if you'd like to throw your hat into things please do!

1. No family repeats, so no pokemon from the same evolutionary line, like poliwrath and politoad, or that can be bred into another family, like volbeat and illumise. (Just want to mention I was convinced miltank and tauros would be included here when I started and had no idea volbear and illumise were)

2. No type repeats in one party, so in Yellow or something I can't have two water types.

3. The pokemon have to be available in that game. So version exclusive stuff. And also no traded pokemon, in game or otherwise. Gift pokemon are fine though, basically I want them to have the same ID number and OT.

4. No legendaries, though pseudo legendares, like dragonite, are fine. Basically no pokemon there are only one of that can't be bred. (Excluding Eevee in gen 1 of course)

5. In gen 6 and 7 I would like a pokemon to mega evolve in my party.

If there is a better place to ask let me know that instead

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
So you want a party for each game or just each Generation? I suppose I'll oblige with Yellow as this is something I consider to be one of my favorites while also giving me a bit of early game fun/challenge.

Pikachu, Sandslash, Ninetales, Vaporeon, Exeggutor and Tauros.

Pikachu is self-explanatory(Starter, Double Team and Thunderbolt. Enough said). Sandslash is post Brock so you'll have to solo Brock with Pikachu(it can be done once you hit level 15 for Double Team), but he can learn Cut, Dig, Slash, Sand Attack and Swift(choose 3 of those five to go with Cut as its mandatory for this party). Ninetales is a biased pick(I love Vulpix) but really I have justification for it. It's equally as fast as Charizard while sporting a better Special. Only Fire Pokemon whose better is Flareon at 110 but comes with 65 speed and 65 HP(even Ninetales is better than that with 73). Vaporeon is arguably the 2nd best Eevolution with 130 HP making it a virtual tank and 110 Special second only to Tentacruel(but we all know why we don't pick it). Exeggutor is a late game Grass/Psychic Type that can have Leech Seed, Toxic and Psychic. Although slow, it's got a healthy HP and defensive stats to back it up and if you really want to boost its effectiveness, give it Double Team. Finally Tauros is my flex pick or pretty much whomever fits your fancy. I picked this Bull Pokemon because it's an incredibly fast and powerful Normal Type who can learn a wide variety of moves.

Last two are in Slow XP group, hence take a lot to train while the rest are Medium Fast(so they grow much faster). Pikachu is starter, Sandshrew is caught at base of Mount Moon, Vulpix is in Rocket Game Corner(1k coins), Eevee is found like in R/B and can be evolved right away(best to give it Surf if you can) while Exeggcute and Tauros are Safari Zone.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
Looking for each game, so yeah kinda a massive thing. Thank you for your input though!

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Looking for each game, so yeah kinda a massive thing. Thank you for your input though!

I can give you Red/Blue if you want but R/B is starter dependent. However, based on Generation 1 stats, Venusaur is the clear cut winner. So with that in mind, here are some suggested teams:

Red Version:
Venusaur, Raichu, Golem(if you can trade evolve it that is, else I'd do Dugtrio), Arcanine(exclusive), Vaporeon and Tauros

Blue Version:
Venusaur, Raichu, Sandslash(exclusive), Ninetales(exclusive), Vaporeon and Tauros

Similar teams I know and without Psychic Types. If you want Alakazam or Hypno, swap them in for Tauros as it makes going through Koga and Agatha that much easier.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
I can give you Red/Blue if you want but R/B is starter dependent. However, based on Generation 1 stats, Venusaur is the clear cut winner. So with that in mind, here are some suggested teams:

Red Version:
Venusaur, Raichu, Golem(if you can trade evolve it that is, else I'd do Dugtrio), Arcanine(exclusive), Vaporeon and Tauros

Blue Version:
Venusaur, Raichu, Sandslash(exclusive), Ninetales(exclusive), Vaporeon and Tauros

Similar teams I know and without Psychic Types. If you want Alakazam or Hypno, swap them in for Tauros as it makes going through Koga and Agatha that much easier.

Thanks! I would only want to use one of these parties though on a whole, since I didn't want to have any repeat pokemon/families in any of the parties. So Pikachu/Raichu only in one game, One Eeveelution in one game and so on. But I am really glad for the input. In what I have manages one of the first decisions I made was to go with the version mascot starters for Red and Blue and then kinda defaulted to having Venasaur, along with Pikachu of course, in Yellow.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Thanks! I would only want to use one of these parties though on a whole, since I didn't want to have any repeat pokemon/families in any of the parties. So Pikachu/Raichu only in one game, One Eeveelution in one game and so on. But I am really glad for the input. In what I have manages one of the first decisions I made was to go with the version mascot starters for Red and Blue and then kinda defaulted to having Venasaur, along with Pikachu of course, in Yellow.

Ah well the reason I like Pikachu so much is how early you can catch it. It's a great boon against your rival's Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot. If you want an exclusive team for each version, try this on for size:

Red Version:
Charizard, Butterfree, Vileplume, Dugtrio, Kingler, Jynx

Blue Version:
Blastoise, Fearow, Golem, Victreebel, Hypno, Snorlax

Yellow Version:
Pikachu, Sandslash, Ninetales, Vaporeon, Exeggutor, Tauros

Btw, you don't need Bulbasaur/Venusaur to win in Yellow. Besides, he's the most exploiting starter of the three with Leech Seed and Toxic.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
Ah well the reason I like Pikachu so much is how early you can catch it. It's a great boon against your rival's Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot. If you want an exclusive team for each version, try this on for size:

Red Version:
Charizard, Butterfree, Vileplume, Dugtrio, Kingler, Jynx

Blue Version:
Blastoise, Fearow, Golem, Victreebel, Hypno, Snorlax

Yellow Version:
Pikachu, Sandslash, Ninetales, Vaporeon, Exeggutor, Tauros

Btw, you don't need Bulbasaur/Venusaur to win in Yellow. Besides, he's the most exploiting starter of the three with Leech Seed and Toxic.

I feel like a bit of a butt nitpicking like this and I do genuinely enjoy the conversation, but just a few problems with the rules I made. Two flying types in red and the only way to get jynx is to trade, which I wanted to avoid. This method of needing to conform I found kinda fun in making my parties.

Also, yeah, venasaur is definitely the most exploitable. That, like you mentioned with the stats and the advantage it has in all three of the first gyms, especially the first two. But yeah, I just included it because I wanted to use all three startersBlue and Yellow are totally viable as party options though :)

Last edited:

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
I feel like a bit of a butt nitpicking like this and I do genuinely enjoy the conversation, but just a few problems with the rules I made. Two flying types in red and the only way to get jynx is to trade, which I wanted to avoid. This method of needing to conform I found kinda fun in making my parties.

Also, yeah, venasaur is definitely the most exploitable. That, like you mentioned with the stats and the advantage it has in all three of the first gyms, especially the first two. But yeah, I just included it because I wanted to use all three startersBlue and Yellow are totally viable as party options though :)

Venusaur is exploitable for having the best Special(100) of the three, STAB Razor Leaf that Crits often, Growth to boost Special(which is combined in Gen 1) and Leech Seed + Toxic glitch that makes Venusaur virtually impossible to kill once Toxic has increased N enough(no amount of healing from opponent stops the pain). Also while Butterfree has Flying Typing, it doesn't learn Flying moves and I treat it more like a Bug Type. I suppose if you wanted to replace Butterfree, you could go Beedrill but you'd run into dual Poison Types because there's so god damn many of them. The thought of having no type overlap is noble but it's very difficult to do lol.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 28, 2018
Venusaur is exploitable for having the best Special(100) of the three, STAB Razor Leaf that Crits often, Growth to boost Special(which is combined in Gen 1) and Leech Seed + Toxic glitch that makes Venusaur virtually impossible to kill once Toxic has increased N enough(no amount of healing from opponent stops the pain). Also while Butterfree has Flying Typing, it doesn't learn Flying moves and I treat it more like a Bug Type. I suppose if you wanted to replace Butterfree, you could go Beedrill but you'd run into dual Poison Types because there's so god damn many of them. The thought of having no type overlap is noble but it's very difficult to do lol.

It's like a tough puzzle which is fun to chew on and has pokemon in it XD I'll try and finish my own list and post it, just finished gen 4 though. Definitely not the most optimal teams, but yeah.

Back