• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BROKEN;; (OOC/SU)

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
this is the OOC thread. click here for the IC thread.

181945_156849731035407_114634261923621_300738_236959_n.jpg

BROKEN

The war started 80 years ago.
The relationships between the apposing regions had never been strong. Johto and Kanton, now known as The North were allianced. Hoenn and Sinnoh, now known as The South were allianced.

War between the two was inevitable.

On the 18th February, 2015, Professor Samuel Oak was assassinated by a Southern Group known as The Cause. He was shot through the temple during a conference. The assassins were caught and apprehended. The North were quick to react, bombing the Southern Bridge between Hoenn and Sinnoh and killing the majority of a small town based on the island. The South attacked back by destroying the Sevii Islands. The war went back and forth and since then, Ecruteak City, Cinnibar Island, Lavendar Town, Olivine City and the Seafoam Islands in the North and Lilycove City, Fortree City, Mossdeep City, Snowpoint City and Canalave City in the South have all been destroyed and left inhabitable. Unova was considered a neutral zone and a safe place for refugees. The North seemed to be winning the war. That was, until the storm hit.

Around two decades years ago, on 12th the November, it stormed everywhere. People hid inside their houses as they spotted the spirits of several Pokémon of legends skittering over the skies. Suddenly, several thousand humans all over the world of the world dropped dead from heart attacks, burst organs, strokes and unknown diseases. Thousands of Pokémon became feral and wild and attacked anything they could, killing another few thousand people as well as their own kind. This was some kind of bad sign, some kind of omen. Some professors philosophised the end of the world, some said this was a new beginning. Whatever it was, it ended as soon as it came; the storm only lasted one night. Everything returned to normal as the sun rose and by morning, the only trace of the storm that was left was the damp ground and the grieving families of those who had died.

The storm unified the five regions. The war ended as everyone tried to pick up the pieces the storm had shattered.

Soon after the incident, Pokémon themselves became scarce. Several thousand more Pokémon were killed during and after the storm as humans began to fear the untamed power of Pokémon, despite what they had been taught for years by trainers and professors. Wild Pokémon became more agitated and attacked at the slightest movement. Captured Pokémon were released, abandoned or sent to the police by their trainers. It only took a few months for Pokémon to be no longer part of daily lives. To the public, the storm was some kind of random event at the fault of Pokémon. Shrines were destroyed and anything associated with Pokémon was considered a bad omen. Today, special forces of soldiers, ex members of the armies and veterans of the war patrol the edges of town to ensure the safety of the human kind. They respond to any call and are known to remove all kinds of Pokémon related threats. However small they may be.

Whatever this was, this was not a good sign at all.

The truth of that night was only known by some. The Pokémon seen in the sky, the powerful souls of their species were desperate for change and possessed the bodies of several human men. Some bodies were not capable of holding the power and died from the inside (hence the deaths). Women were also possessed, but after posession they also quickly died from unknown causes. The Pokémon put their trust to the humans and mated with a human woman each, unknown to the women of their true nature. The night left each women pregnant with a child, a child spawned from a Pokémon. Roughly for each, nine months passed. One after another, each woman gave birth to a baby and died in the process. These infants however, contained the unsurpressed power of Pokémon and measures had to be taken to ensure no other lives were lost. Their powers were sealed and the infants were taken to guardians, professors, remaining trainers and such to be raised as normal humans.

Now, about eighteen years old, the seal that acts on the orphans' power has started to break. Strange, unexplainable, supernatural things start to happen to them and suddenly, after some kind of incident, their guardians reveal to them the truth. The truth behind their birth. The truth of what they are. Handing them a PokéBall, the seal of their power, their guardians warn them of what is to come. If they open the ball, their true form is revealed and they can no longer live as a human. People will fear them, attack them and take away their freedom. Leave it closed and they can hide themselves from the world. Though the seal will break at one point and any emotional experience can cause their power to go out of control.

You cannot hide your nature from the world forever though.

It is now the year 2102. You are one of these orphans, around 18 years old. What did you decide?​

THE TEAM O' FREAKS:
(currently accepted players)

Kerin Knight (Zoroark) - Skymin
Jane Notte (Absol) - Sweet_Dreams
Lana Edmonton (Electivire) - Eight
Jeremy Speciale (Ursaring) - Alley Cat
Johann Matthias (Beeheeyam) - Sewaddle
Destiny Saviouer (Cofagrigus) - Nakuzami
Lyle Murphy (Typhlosion) - Raikiri
Lucas Seran (Lucario) - TornZero
Daphne Stelluna (Reuniclus) - Diamond1304
Rosemarie Hudson (Leafeon) - tenthcompanion
Matthew Davis (Galvantula) - 雷影 イチロ
Daniel Catrone (Politoed) - Snow Phoenix
THE FINAL WATCHMAN ALWAYS AND FOREVER

RULES:

1. First and foremost, be active! Seriously, I have seen so many Roleplays go to waste as players posted less and less. It's important you keep up to date! If you need help, I'm very happy to do so. I have a mobile to text, an email address to mail. If you need to drop it for a week, just let us know and we'll bunny you around. A week is the most I can spare though. Maybe two if you're lucky.
  2. No godmodding, powerplaying, bunnying etc. without permission. The only person who can do that is me. If you think someone is interacting too much with your character, just yell out in the OOC and we'll sort it all out.
  3. Be nice. I mean in the outside world to your fellow roleplayers. Don't fight and stuff otherwise it could all turn nasty. But you can hate their character all you want, I don't care.
  4. Absolutely, positively no SPAM. I don't mind going off-topic because kids get bored, but you start posting crap for lulz, that's no good. Also, keep the majority of the OOC in the OOC thread.
  5. Being at a PG-17 level, I expect everyone to be mature and keep everything at such. That means mild blood, gore, swearing (asterisking it out is cool with me) and violence and all love interests are to be kept to a minor level. You can kiss, hug and be all lovey dovey as you want, just don't do "it."
  6. Be realistic and literate. This is a high quality roleplay and I will not tolerate one liners, bad grammar and shotty spelling. Every so often is fine, I do it myself, but I will not stand for bad quality writing. This goes for your writing style. If it's as boring as a grade 3 story assignment, I will boot you. Realistic means no mary sues, no outlandish sudden personality changes or anything of the like. I will let you know if this is happening.
  7. You gotta be experienced, mature and willing to attempt to creatively draw out the situations your character is placed in. I say this because inexperience leads to breaking of rules, going off topic, over exuberence etc. For example, having powers and everything, people are known to pretty much take every chance to use it. I want players to be mature and realistic and use their characters abilities in the right situations. Answer this; why did your character open the seal? Why didn't they? If they have no reason to, then they wouldn't. You are a human being, you should know how a human being thinks! To make sure you've read these rules, make your title of your post your own age, plus 12 and multiplied by 2. Also, it would be great, even if you don't think you can, to try and draw. I love to see people trying their best to get as involved in an RP as possible.
    BUT A FAIR AMOUNT OF EXPERIENCE IS NECESSARY. I dont want any posts lacking in quality or such.
  8. I AM GAME MASTER. What I say goes. 'Nuff said.

Any questions, feel free to PM/VM/OOC/whatever me.

Name: (if your character has a nickname, please say so)
Birthdate: (Sometime between late June and early September)
Personality: (how your character acts. this should tie in with their pokemon spirit (for example, someone with chansey as their spirit would not be an an agressive person)
History: (what was their life like until the truth was revealed to them? where were they born, raised? what was the early signs of their true nature? have they opened the seal? have they not? why? make it realistic, please.)
Appearance: (what does your character look like? their clothes when they left? and if your character decided to open the pokeball, what do they look like now (this should only be subtle changes, such as hair, tails, limbs, etc but something that can be generally hidden)? your own drawing as an add on would be excellent)
Miscellaneous: (any other random tidbits)
Pokémon spirit: (your character's true "father". (try and... be sensible. i will tell you if i dont like it). female-like pokemon are not accepted. ALSO arceus and all legendary pokemon are out of the question)

RP Sample: (i've decided to make this compulsory. just write a small montage-y thing of how your character came to discover their true identity)
NOTES:

Pokémon:
Spoiler:

Soldiers:
Spoiler:

Government position:
Spoiler:

You, your seal and your family:
Spoiler:

GLHF
(goodluckhavefun)

Last edited:

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Huh, not even a post. That's a shame this looks good. I may sign up depending on how that Digimon thing goes.

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Huh, not even a post. That's a shame this looks good. I may sign up depending on how that Digimon thing goes.
I KNOW RIGHT?!

Could you reserve me a spot Skymin?
There's no reserves really, I'm less going on a first in best dressed and more of a best of the bunch kind of thing after a week and a half or just accepting people for being really good. maybe more. and there's actually no limit on players either.

im just going with the flow man.

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
I'm sorry that this is completely off topic but this is hilarious it's best wishes reviews and there so vulgar. But they're actually really good. Kinda.

ON TOPIC!!!

Are they Full pokemon or like half pokemon half human?

Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I have a bunch of sketches/doodles/etc of Kerin (my character) i can show you. i'll just bundle them all together in a png hang on...

merry christmas. added as an attachment!

if i wasn't clear enough though, they're hybrids. mostly human though. it's changes that can generally be hidden and aren't too outlandish. stuff i wouldn't accept would be giant wings, super long tails, fur all over. some examples may be hair colour, hair shape, eye colour, slight change in pigmint in the skin. plus one giant change (but not too giant)

with kerin, its his hair, his ears (slightly pointed), his teeth, and his arms. the sketches other than the one in the top left corner are old, i'll be doing a full body, new kerin soon.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
I see, that's cool, also that looks like your character in Digimon NEXT
its similar because i drew them both in the same style d:

IF YOU LOOK CLOSELY kerin actually looks older (because he is), has darker hair, different hair, longer face, slightly darker skin etc. (kerin was actually based off rin derpderpderpedper)

ANYWAYS IM NOT HERE TO DEFEND MYSELF IM HERE TO TELL YOU TO GIT WRITING.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Couldn't we do wings? In Maximum Ride they were able to hide them under their windbreakers without others knowing.

I'm working on it now.

Years
  • Seen Jan 20, 2012

Name: Lana "Lan" Edmonton

Birthdate:
August 18th, 2084

Personality:
Lana is not exceptionally loud nor is she exceptionally quiet, content on going with the flow of things and adapting to the situations around her unless something arises that greatly opposes her ethos or has the potential to suppress her as a person. Once a hyperactive child, she now burns her plentiful energy supply on exercise, listening to music while she runs.

She sees everyone around her as equals, and does not discriminate by race, age or gender. She judges people by who they are as a person rather than how they appear on the surface, having been the subject of prejudice throughout her childhood. With her more open-minded way of approaching things, it can be said that nothing phases her - she is seemingly fearless and not afraid of the unknown. Even when she was informed of her true identity, Lana did not panic and made the rational decision not to tamper with the seal, believing the 'awakening' of her powers to occur when it is meant to. Contrarily, she does not believe in destiny and is not superstitious in any way.

True to the nature of her 'father', she loves outbreaks of heavy rainfall - especially in the summer when it is more likely to storm. Thunder and lightning make her feel something unlike anything else, and Lana will happily venture outside during a downpour until it is all over.

When slightly darker moods take her, she is prone to becoming violent and aggressive if not dealt with in the correct way. There is something about the colour red which makes her more likely to be hostile towards others, something which she shares with members of her paternal evolutionary line. Also, Lana has not been completely cured of her past demeanours - for her a pick-me-up is to experience an adrenaline rush like the one felt when stealing. Usually she escapes without getting caught, and has quite the silver tongue around complete and utter strangers.

History:
Irena Edmonson, a native of Viridian City, died after the birth of her daughter Lana - ironically a healthy child. When it was realised that Lana was one of the babies imbued with the spirit of a Pokémon, they immediately sealed her powers and sent her to live with a married couple north of the forest, in Pewter. The family with whom Lana spent her infant years with were unable to have children of their own and were therefore delighted to care for the young orphan. There were a few tensions, particularly when Lana refused to wear the dresses they bought for her and to play dolls with other girls her age, not to mention the fact that she was a hyper, boisterous child. Then there was the incident involving the swimming pool, when all six children but her received an electrical shock from the heater, or so they thought.

She discovered that she was not their natural daughter at the age of seven, and did not take it well. Lana rebelled, alienating herself from her adoptive parents and the rest of the children in the neighbourhood; she began to skip school in favour of hanging out around the shops. It did not take long for her behaviour to descend into that of a petty criminal. Shortly before her ninth birthday she was cautioned, but she was not deterred by the law. Lana was admitted to a juvenile detention centre in the summer of '94, and during her time there she was taken under the wing of a much older girl who encouraged her to exert her independence; Lana's blonde hair disappeared as well as the remainder of her innocence (metaphorical, not sexual). Her adoptive parents could not recognise the short haired, scruffily dressed child who emerged from the centre in January '95, nor were they comfortable with the way she called herself 'Lan'. Despite this, they went with Lana's wishes (not wanting to prompt her to turn to thieving again), and their relationship became amicable again. However, it was evident that this was not just a phase when puberty hit Lana and the girl just didn't seem to develop in any of the right places. Lana embraced this, seeing her flat-as-a-board chest and narrow hips as a double blessing. Having returned to school, she was outcast by the girls her own age for being 'a weirdo', the boys dubbing her 'a dyke', not that she cared. She did make a few strong friendships, even managing to have a relationship or two with members of both genders.

Lana was volunteering at the Pewter Science Museum when the first signs began to show (see RP Sample for more detail). After things calmed down and she was taken home, her adoptive parents explained everything regarding her birth, rather than the fact that her mother died and her father was never around. Lana chose not to open the seal, but to leave Pewter City, refusing to become a tool to be used by those around her.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Lana looks like a fourteen year old boy, to put it simply. Her hair is shaggy and rarely sees a brush - she keeps it short enough to not have to put much effort into it, and long enough to cover her face, which she never wears make-up on. It has become seemingly brighter in colour as she's gotten older, a similar phenomenon affecting her eyes which were once light brown. The remainder of her features are more or less androgynous, but her hair style and the ways in which she dresses and carries herself are what tip the balance.

As mentioned in her history, Lana was not first in line when it came to giving out estrogen. Her chest is barely there, and her body seems to run straight up and down rather than having feminine curves. She stands between 5'5'' and 5'6'', and her weight is distributed evenly, not that there is much of her. Her hands and feet are somewhat larger than that of your typical woman, and despite her behaviour she does shave her legs and underarms. Lana tried having her nose pierced by a friend back in their junior year of high school, but it failed and left her with a slight dent on the right nostril.

When she left Pewter City, she took her signature earphones with her; since leaving the dentention centre, music has been a very important part of her life (she has no preference in particular, and there are a few embarrassing tracks on there). She wore a baggy black, zipped hoodie (as seen in the image) and a low-cut, grey vest underneath, as well as baggy black cargo pants. Lana's favourite boots were the final part of her outfit: black, leather and knee-length, though they are mostly hidden beneath the aforementioned cargos. Her adoptive mother ensured that she had other clothes "for different types of weather" packed with here, these are stored in the old brown backpack she used for school slung over one shoulder.

Miscellaneous: Though female, Lana prefers to dress and be perceived as a male; however she has no problem with being referred to as a woman when her true gender is revealed to others. She claims to be pansexual (attracted to personality rather than gender in her case).

Pokémon spirit:
Electivire

RP Sample:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023

I've started to use new characters since I've been becoming a better and better roleplayer, so please CnC if you want.

Name: Genesis Avery (Jenny)

Birthdate: July 3rd, 2084

Personality: Genesis is a rather shy girl to new people, though her friends would never say that! Once she befriends a person, she is not known to hold her feelings. She tends to want to protect her loved ones and friends at any costs. This along with many other qualities makes her who she is...

Genesis is one of those people who tries their best at everything. She'll stay in anything, never leaving someone behind, and tends to finish what she sets out for.

For the shy girl she is, Genesis love to listen to the stories of her father and would love to see such Pokemon, tamed and free, never hunted or 'Exterminated.' This brings out just how much of an anxious adventurer she wishes to be. She also tends to be kind to new people until she knows who they are and whether or not she can trust them. Her curiosity may be the end or the new beginning of her...

Now, with her new abilities, she can sense what people are about to do, making her have excellent coordination with others. She also seems to be able to heal a wound, with an ability similar to Morning Sun as well as telekinesis like powers. Her developing powers have been giving her more and more constant migraines.

History: After the death of her mother in Pallet, Genesis was sent to a family of trainers to the East of Mt. Moon. This was where she was born and raised. Under the Extermination Act, where any Pokemon deemed dangerous would be killed, she hadn't seen many of the creature. The only real Pokemon shown to her were the two Eevee living in the house and the Raichu and Mightyena of her parents.

Life, I guess, was alright for her. Several years had gone by and none of the Pokemon had any problems and no soldiers ever came by. This made it easy for her. She was able to go to school where she could hear about the old legends and times. Though these stories and such made her want to leave. She now wanted to find the Pokemon and somehow bring peace.

At the age of eighteen, she began sensing what people would do, like whether or not they might be about to fall or kick at someone. This happened with Joe, one of her best friends. He had tripped after sensing him, causing a cut to form on his shin. She had started to look at it, til her hand started to shine. When she lifted them the wound had healed.

She didn't really know how to explain the healing but she did with the other. The senses, she thought, had to do with weather changes, which she soon knew she could read, and led to the discovery of another power. She had once walked into a room where a vase was about to fall. She sensed this and caught it, but not with her hands but her mind. She immediately went to her parents, where they told the truth of her existence, her real parents, and her possible destiny. They in turn giving her a Pokeball, telling her to open it at the right time.

She knew it all had to do with the Pokeball, which made her curious of what would happen. She followed her curious instinct and proceeded to opening it. This, as most would assume, completed the transformation and allowed the physical changes to form such as the eye and hair colors, and the tail.

She soon left the house, unknowing of where she would go...

Appearance: Before the transformation, Genesis was a beautiful teen and she still is! Her once green eyes are now a shade of purple that seem to read your soul. Her shoulder length hair, once blonde with darker highlights, is now pinker than ever. The most obvious difference is the pink, Espeon-like tail. She has a hourglass shaped body and weighs 125 lbs at the height of 5'3".

She is usually found wearing her long-sleeved sweatshirt that reaches just to the top of her stomach. Underneath she is usually wearing her white t-shirt. She used to always wear short and mini-skirts before the transformation, but because of the tail she has resorted to wearing jeans, which usually have holes. Accessory-wise, she is known to wear a necklace from her adoptive family. She is usually wearing high-topped converse for shoes.

Miscellaneous: She is confused about her sexuality due to the fact that she has found both guys and gals attractive. She has also been getting migraines.

Pokemon Spirit: Espeon

Rp sample:

"BOO!" I heard from behind me, causing me to jolt farther forward on my walk. I turned around only to see my best friend, Kristy, giving her big smile behind me.

"You didn't need to scare me like that," I said to her, still keeping a surprised look on my face. Inside I was rather thankful it was her, especially if it was our other best friend, Joe, who goes a bit overboard with scaring people.

"I was just playing," she said, putting her arms behind her head. She was the laid back one of us three, not caring what others say.

I looked back at her, ready to reply as my brain twitched. I suddenly felt my skin started prickling on and off at spots. It was kind of as if the air or something was changing. I didn't know what it was til I turned around to see Joe.

He was coming straight at us, waving his hand. I waved back when I felt the same thing happen, thought it was different...

I stepped to the side, almost immediately before Joe started to trip, ending up right where I used to be. Kristy and I knelt down beside pushing him to a sitting position. The sight was rather appalling.

Down the front of Joe's leg was a cut, not yet bleeding. We all looked at each other, knowing it had to be looked at by a professional. But first I decided to look over it myself, making sure there were no pebbles lodged in. I put my hand up to it, ready to pull out anything.

Except that's when something else happened. My hands at started to glow, a little to bright for my eyes. I kept them there, not wanting to do something til it stopped.

The light stopped and I lifted the hands to see Joe's leg healed. My friends just stared at me as we got up, surprise on their faces.

"I-I don't know how I did that," I stammered. They just kept looking at me. We ended up standing there for awhile, not knowing what else to say.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I ended walking home by myself that night. It was just to weird for any of us to handle.

I soon walked into my creaky old house, accidentally slamming the door behind me. I winced as another feeling came over me. In front of me, a vase was wobbling on a table. I stared at it in horror as it started to fall, not knowing what to do. I reached at it, even though I couldn't get to it, yet it stopped and hung in mid-air.

I yelled for my dad, who ran in their and stared at me and the vase. He just closed his eyes and grabbed the vase. He put it on the table again and called for my mother, saying grab IT. I didn't know what IT was til she came down. IT was just a Pokeball...

We sat there for awhile as they told me everything. Everything I should have known before this. About my real parent, my existence, and my "destiny"... They gave me "IT" afterwards, saying to open at the right time.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just stared at the ball as it laid on my bed, quiet. I didn't know whether or not to open it but my curiosity was killing me! I knew I had to do it and I decided to do it right than and there.

What did it do? Well, I guess I could tell you...

The ball shown bright, way brighter than my hands, and I swatted it across the room, covering my eyes as fast as I could. It stopped seconds later, and I let my hands fall, which ended up pulling a bit of hair in front of my eyes.

I immediately ran to the mirror in my bathroom to see everything. My hair was pink instead of blonde and my eyes now purple instead of blue. The biggest thing though, was the pink tail. It was pronged at the end and shown pink.

All I did was cry as I stared at it all, not knowing how I would fit in...

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
15 + 12 = 27 x 2 = 54

Name: Jeremy "Jem" Speciale
Birthdate: September 3, 2084
Personality: Jem was never the smartest kid in the batch, not the fastest, nor the most athetic, but one thing that Jem does have, is heart. He is relaxed, and calm, and not so easy to aggravate. Everyone who is nice to Jem, and in most cases, those who aren't, he still considers his friends. Helping people is what he does, and without it, his life doesn't mean much. With impeccable manners, most people think that he is a bit of a weird acorn, but he rather just thinks that he's being polite. Sometimes, he will come off offensive by offering help right away, or maybe he is just honest about it. Jem doesn't lie, he doesn't know how, and he wouldn't even consider doing such a thing. The truth is always so much better than a lie in his eyes.

Try as hard as you want, and you wont ever put a frown on Jem's face. He always smile, he's always happy, and he nothing can bring him down. Cloud Nine is his home, and nothing will ever take him down a notch. The only thing that even upsets this kid is when you talk bad about his loved ones, or like to cause troube for no real reason. Loud noises and shouting upset Jem, he doesn't ike the aggresive tone or the scariness of such things.

History: Jem was given to a good family who lived out in the country in the deep south. He didn't live in any town, and certainly not in any Jublife City or Slateport. Not even Oldale Town or Floaroma Town. Nothing, not even close. Matter of fact, the nearest town was a good day or two away via Rapidash carriage; they only had Tauros, which made the trip a good two days longer! They didn't make much trips into town, as due to The Storm, not many peope were too fond of pokemon. But his adoptive family and the pokemon on their land had gotten along for centuries, and they both worked for the mutual benefit of each other.

Since he was old enough to walk, Jem was set to work on his family's land. Plowing fields, picking trees, and taking care of the Pokemon. A nice simple, family life on the homestead. They all ate dinner at the table together, and stayed up a few more hours just being with the family. All this time had made Jem very close to those that he cares for an about. His family also had to take specia care of him, due to the fact that he wasn't exactly born straight in the head. He was born with Autism, and that is just one more of the things that make him, him.

When Jem had turned 18, a band of militia came by his home, demanding that all the pokemon be handed over, or killed.

"You can't do that!" whined Jem.

"Saftey Precaution. Some pokemon over in this area have been out of hand. We're doing a purge to protect our citizens!" The man explained.

"B-but it wasn't our pokemon. We barely got any left. Just a few old miltank that barely put out, and some Tauros who are so old they can barely walk, and they certainly ain't harming no one!" protested Jem.

"You think I give a damn? What much are you gonna do here? We're taking them." The man sneered.

Jem's father looked the man in his face, "Over my dead body."

None of his family were quite too fond of this idea, so they stood their ground and fought against losing their family. Yeah, they considered pokemon their family. While his dad, and two older adoptive brothers stormed outside, armed to the teeth and their pokemon brethern beside them, Jem hid in the cellar with his mom, and sisters. A few of the militia had made their way down into the cellar in attempt to flush out any pokemon. But to their surprise, they find none, only a few fine ladies. There was shouting, up above, and things breaking, so Jem was hiding in the corner huddled up. When suddenly, he grew twice his size. But when the men to begin to hurt his mom and sisters, he stood up, and calmly walked over. One punch, and he knocked the men out.

It was that night, that his family had revealed to him about his true origins, him being the son of a Pokemon, truly. Since that point, however, he swore that he would never harm anyone, unless he absolutely had to. Jem has always been about that, due to his family raising him that way, but he took it an extra step, and made that his oath.

Jem's seal broke the night of the intrusion, and he decided to open the ball shortly after. Why? Well people already didn't like him, and having the mindset of a child, he needed all the protection he could get. His parents had also urged him to open it, for fear that people might take advantange of him if he can't properly defend himself.

Appearance: Jem is HUGE. A jolly green giant. Standing at a whole 182 cm tall, and weighing 123 kg (of muscle), he cuts a figure that will scare most anyone off if you get him mad at you. He has short brown hair and he always leaves it where it lays. Golden-brown eyes that are so innocent they could melt even the coldest of hearts on this planet. His face is sqaure shaped, but rounds off around the edges, giving it something of an oblong shape in there too.

A tight slate gray long sleeve shirt with the right arm hugs him at every point in his body, which contradicts the bagginess of his black jeans cut off at the knees. For his farm work, Jem needed shoes that were durable, so he has a pair of black leather, steel-toed boots laced tight. Other than his watch that he got from his father, which he wears on his good arm.

If not obvious, he gets his stature from being the child of an Ursaring, and ever since his seal broke, one of his arms turned al fuzy and grew claws on it. This is the arm that he keeps covered up by the sleeve that he didn't cut off.

(picture to come, maybeee?)
Miscellaneous: Jem was born with Autism.
Pokémon spirit: Ursaring
RP Sample:

"Jem, I need you to go into the cellar."

Jem sat there motionless at his father command. He was completely out of focus on anything but the men who had come to his door demanding things from his family.

"Jem! I am not playing around here! GO NOW!"

Jem glanced over to his dad, broken out of trance by his father's shouting. Tears began to well up in his eyes. Why would his own dad yell at him? "I- I... But.." he tried to protest, but he just couldn't bring words to his lips. With hesitation, he got to his feet, ushered along by more shouting from his father, and tugging from his mother. They sat down in the cellar and closed the door. There was no gaurantee that his father would come bac, and that is what he was scared of. Tears in his eyes, he turned to his mom, "M-mamma... why... why...?" He never specified why what.. but his mom was quick on the response.

"These people, hon, they don't agree with the way we're living. They don't like the fact that we are living amongst these pokemon. " When she saw the look on her child's face she walked up close and hugged him. "But ssh, baby, shh," she wiped a tear off his face, "everything's gonna be alright. You just stay here and let daddy take care of everything, alright?"

===
"You don't want to do that."

The man, thin and wesealy, with a black moustache that just smelled of pure wickedness snorted a laugh. "Why not? Gonna find your best friend in here? Or maybe your secret Pokemon lover... Ha." The man let out a snort and kicked the door to the barn in.

"You have no idea what you've just done, sir." Jem's father said with a tinge of regret on his face. He was supposed to protect these pokemon and that child, and at this point, he wasn't doing too fond of a job on either. "I'm going to have to ask you to leave now."
===
Back down n the cellar, two men had made their way down. "Do you think anything's down here?"

The other, a stouter man retorted, "Heh. Who cares? I just wanna run some ****!" As the two made their way down, they noticed the women in Jem's family. "We'll lookie here. A few fine women for us." They chuckled and walked up.

Jem's mom shouted back, "Don't you lay a hand on me!" She cursed at them. She took a step back and the men only advanced.

From the corner, Jem had heard the shouts... and he turned to see the commotion. When he noticed his mom was gettng hurt, he knew he had to do something. He walked over. "Touch her, and I'll kill you!" He threatened. The men laughed, and continued on ther business. They turned back to the women, when Jem tapped them on the back and punched their lights out.

====

"Well Jem.. there's somethng we need to tell you..." His mother and father said in unison. "Something we didn't quite think you'd be ready for now.. But we have no choice really..." They proceeded to explain to him just exactly WHAT he was.

Taken aback by this Jem started to cry again.. "So.. you aren't my parents?" he flicked his head to siblngs, "and them, they aren't my brothers sisters?!" With tears pouring out of his eyes, he ran from his house. As he went outside, he noticed the wreckage from the previous night and sat down by the river. A few hours later his family approached and explained that they still loved him exactly the same.

After a few days which was an adjustment period so to speak, they decided it'd be best for Jem to get some worldy experience, and try to find others like him. So they let him go out in search for them, the others like him. His mother was more relunctant, feelng that people would take advantage of him, but his father thought that it'd be best.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Couldn't we do wings? In Maximum Ride they were able to hide them under their windbreakers without others knowing.

I'm working on it now.
What are windbreakers? And if you have wings, they'll be flightless, ok?

I can see all of your sign ups and cannot wait to see them finished!

XxSweetDreamsxX

From the shadows~
Years
I have to get into this. :I Lol. Really nice Roleplay Skymin~

Name: Maka Key
Birthdate: June 27th
Personality: Maka is a very unpredictable, from birth known to be hyperactive and ruthless. Her attitude is nasty, as she doesn't bother to consider how other people feel. She is also very rash, acting on impulse rather than stopping to think about the consequences of whatever she may do. Maka, though not malicious, often does more harm than good for her liking. Many people find her irresponsible, including rather rude even when she doesn't try to be. She gets upset easily all the same, and won't tolerate a way other then her own. This giving her a vindictive edge in her overall personality.

However, the girl isn't always as cold as she appears to be; for she has a soft side along with her negative traits. Though she may not seem like a great friend at first, she is actually very loyal to the people who can tolerate her behavior, including generally affable once she considers you a friend. Maka also has a shorter temper to people who are her friends, however she tends to be secretive about herself in reaction to nearly everyone. She is also very protective of her friends, and will risk her life to shield them from harm if needed.

History: From birth, Maka has commonly been perceived as a bizarre child. Born in Jubilife City( already cleared of potential 'threats' ), Maka never learned much about the creatures in the world nor experienced anything relating to Pokemon. As she was raised, however, adults still found difficulty restraining her due to her disorder. Her pokemon nature added onto these effects, becoming violent towards anyone who made her angry, sometimes even on accident. Her adoptive parents grew stressed as she also did. During school she was taunted by other students for her abnormal behavior, and after a fight she got into with a male student at age 10, was expelled.

Forced into home-schooling, her parents taught her nearly everything she knows. Though true friendship isn't anything Maka's experienced before, she has been taught to at least try to be generally friendly towards other people. Still, she didn't get to see many people anyways, due to the fact her adoptive parents isolating her from the outside world; in fear that one day she would injure someone else, if not themselves first. Her parent's love was conditional, and Maka knew she couldn't be normal by how they treated her. It tormented her inside daily, and several times she would try to run away, only to be found coming back after one or two days of wandering the city.

Depression overshadowed the family for months, mainly impacting Maka. Fighting, though common in the household, sometimes lead to screaming and mental breakdowns from the small girl. Her anger was normally uncontrollable, as her disorder made her brain unable to process things the same as her parents. The problems kept coming in as a domino effect, and though her adoptive parents tried their hardest to contain her wild nature, their pursuits always seemed to end in vain.

Another day, a fight broke into the family on an early morning. By now the girl was an adult, and she argued about leaving the household for her own lifestyle. Her parents claiming she wasn't ready, she broke out in rage and confusion as to why she couldn't move as did normal teenagers at her age. Maka's father desperately tried to calm her down, but the girl ended up storming out of the house in a lingering wave of anger. Slipping into the crowds of people in the streets, she disappeared from her parent's view. Maka found pleasure in being outside, unconstrained by their rules. She walked around the city as she usually did, glancing back at the buildings: the TV Station, Poke'tch Company, and her earlier school that seemed to be filled with children running into the educational structure.

Everything seemed normal, until she bumped into a large masculine figure. Looking up, his identity clicked into her mind as so did the own man's recognizably of the girl in front of him. The man was followed by several others, people Maka couldn't recognize. The adult slamming her back with insults, she insulted back only to find she had been surrounded by the gang. Harassing her, the boys showed no mercy as they became violent fast. Other people passed by, showing no emotion as Maka was beaten. However, the girl was finished, and soon a cry uttered out from one of the men as she burnt their arm with the touch of her hand. Surprised, the group stepped back from her as she fought back without mercy- a single touch of her skin would burn them, the pain not leaving.

Fleeing from the scene, bystanders would either stop or stare at Maka. Running back into her household, she began to cry. Both her mother and father sat with their adopted daughter as they talked about her true identity, of what she was. In her mind it made sense, though she disliked the thought of being half Pokemon. Handing her what seemed to be a Poke'ball, they told her the ball capsule was the seal to her powers, and if she opened it, meant she could no longer live as a human. Overflowed with stress, she decided to keep it closed. Maka wanted to be normal, and if opening this seal could transform her, she never wanted to open it.

Appearance:
Spoiler:

Miscellaneous: Maka has ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) - overall, her condition messes with how her brain processes different things, judging by the name makes her hyperactive, and makes it more difficult for Maka to concentrate on close to anything.
Pokémon spirit: Houndoom

RP Sample:

"Well, look who it is," the tall figure snickered, towering above the small girl. The males from behind slightly tilted their heads at the woman, until a mental picture snapped into their minds as to who she was.

"It is you then. Tyler, from my earlier school," Maka growled back, her feet inching away from the boy, only to stop as the girl was trapped. Her earlier schoolmate let out a menacing laugh. She had memorized that laugh; it was the same one he would always make back in the earlier days. The one he made before thier fight. Pulling Maka out of her thoughts, a hand reached out from the gang, grabbing her on the arm. She frowned, "Let me go. Your hands are sweaty."

"I'm surprised you remembered our school, Maka. You didn't get to stay there for too long."

The girl's eyes narrowed with anger, flaring up with violence as she tried lunging for the boy, only to be held back by the other individuals around her. Her schoolmate grinned, kicking her down on the ground with his powerful leg. The impact on the ground shocked her as pain shot up her spine, a stinging sensation creeping through her nerves. The shadows of other men began to cackle with amusement seeing her pain. Maka pushed herself up with her front limbs, only to be kicked down by one of the men hiding in the crowd. Other feet joined, and with any resistance she showed, smacked her back down to the floor.

Each blow built up, her temper beginning to overflow. Clenching her teeth, she sucked in the pain, her head feeling hot as so did her body. An overwhelming force followed, aggression and the demand for vengeance adding onto her senses. Suddenly, it burst out as she threw herself onto one of the boys who was kicking her. Grabbing onto his arms, the man suddenly screamed, violently throwing Maka off and clutching his skin. She smacked back onto the ground, this time not struggling to bring herself back to her feet as it seemed the gang was busy trying to find out what had just happened to their teammate. Her anger did not vanish, her blood boiling more than ever. Running at the group, she collided with one of the men, knocking them over onto another. They scrambled up, one of them grabbing onto Maka's arm only to immediately let loose his grip.

Taken back by the woman, the group of men began to scatter, including her old schoolmate. Anyone close to the scene was left staring at her. Maka breathed in hard, sucking in air slowly as well as releasing it. Her temperature began to cool, as so did her temper. Bruises were marked all over her body, some small cuts drying with blood. The attack over, feelings of loneliness swept over, including overall discomfort as she didn't feel great physically nor emotionally. Running back home, she was oblivious to the crowds of people who found curiosity in the fight.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 31
  • AU
  • Seen Feb 18, 2023
Name: Lana "Lan" Edmonton
Ahh! I am so glad that someone decided not to open it <: I thought that I would get an onslaught of people wanting to but this is really great! Yours is awesome so far.

Name: Jeremy "Jem" Speciale
Loving it so far, length is great! Just a few issues I might as well sort out now instead of later.

Okay, so, when I say Pokémon were scarce after the storm, I mean scarce. A trainer with six pokemon would have been left with two, maybe three since at least one of them would have gone berserk and the others would have protected the trainer. trainers though, are also scarce due to the general hate of pokemon. People are scared of them the same way a person is scared of a mountain lion near their house or a wild dog!

the only pokemon that aren't hated so much would be normal type pokemon.

so rapidash carriages wouldn't exist (unless that was just a figure of speech d: ) and the only pokemon you'd have on a farm might be milktanks and PERHAPS tauros (i dont think there are any normal type horses?). So if your family lived on a farm of 50, 25 of them would have died and maybe 8 or 10 of them would have gone berserk.

ALSO~! the soldiers wouldnt ask for you to hand them over. if they showed any threat, they would kill on sight. usually, if they came around to the farm, it would be to inspect that no pokemon posed any threat.

what you could do perhaps is that they came around and a nearby wild pokemon attacked and pokemon on the farm were caught in the crossfire?

ALSO, the strange things happening would have happened recently, not four years ago. When the RP starts, we will be a week from when the strange things started happening, and if you decided to open the pokeball, a week from when your seal was broken.

ONE MORE THING! if you finished your history, can you also put why your character opened the ball?

OTHER THAN THAT THOUGH (sorry for the essay), it looks fantastic! i should really have a notes section that people can refer to d: i know that all the stuff i said sounds like stuff that shouldn't be adjusted since this is really good, but it's actually necessary since it ties in with the storyline.

you know what, i'm gonna start writing up a notes section.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
What are windbreakers? And if you have wings, they'll be flightless, ok?

I can see all of your sign ups and cannot wait to see them finished!

They're just a type of jacket. Kk about the flight thing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 16, 2012
Loving it so far, length is great! Just a few issues I might as well sort out now instead of later.
I think I fixed everything you noted, and we'll just say that Rapidash carriages is a figure of speech. Hehehe. >.>

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
Years
  • Seen Jan 6, 2023
Finally finished, tell me if I need to change anything.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

To see the original rampage, clicky on the spoiler-ies... darn spoilers -.-'
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Name: Destiny Saviouer
Birthdate: (Blegh, if early June was allowed, I could give her mah birthday ;P) July 4th (Meheheh, firework baby ;P)

Personality: [Tell me if it needs more ^.^]
Destiny is a complete loner. She hates being around people and tries to avoid any situation where she might have to be around them. The only people she willingly hangs around are her parents and her one friend, Krystal. She seems to hate everything, but that's because she keeps any and all emotions inside herself. She is always pretty calm, and it's hard to tell if she is happy or angry, or something completely different. All emotions are accompanied by the same blank face. The only way someone would know if she was angry is if they woke up, not remembering having fallen asleep, and they woke up sore.

History:
Destiny was born in Nuvema Town, Unova. She seemed like a complete loner growing up. She never talked to people or tried to make friends. She tried to avoid people if she could, and some people began to think that she hated the idea of bonding with people; which she did. She had no interest in making friends; life was just so much easier without them. On top of that, she lacked interest in most everything else. She did not care about grades or sports or videogames, or anything really. The most she did was listen to her iPod and wander around on the outskirts of town. She was not allowed to actually leave the town, so she just stayed along the boundaries.

Even though she did not like to make friends, she was still pretty popular in school. The main reason being that she had the "popular" look. So she occasionally hung out with other kids that were deemed "popular" and she was "worthy" of seeing. She didn't really like many of them, but she put up with them. She did end up making an actual friend, to everyones' surprise. That friend was Krystal Kollyns, a very bubbly person and just as popular as Destiny. How they became friends, nobody-not even themselves-know.

Recently, Destiny began to experiance... strange things. One day in school, when some guy was trying to hit on her and took it a little too far, in this case a little too far meaning him trying to pin Destiny up against a wall and force her to say yes to a date. Under normal circumstances Destiny would have ripped the guys arm off and probably throw him over the nearest ledge, which at the time was about fifteen feet. However, something else happened; an ominous gust of wind tore the guy away from Destiny and threw him down the hall. That fact was made even more strange by the fact that they were indoors when it occured.

When Destiny got home that day, her parents told her that they needed to talk. They sat her down in the living room and told her that they heard about what had happened in school. She assumed she was going to get some sort of lecture, even though the wind had nothing to do with her. Both of those thoughts were somewhat wrong, according to what she was told immediately after. Her parents basically told her that she was the child of a pokemon, and that her real mother died during child birth. Apparently she had some sort of powers from her pokemon-daddy. And apparently her powers were sealed, and they were locked away inside a pokeball, which was apparently classic. From that conversation Destiny learned that she was adopted, her birth mother was dead, and she had daddy issues with her birth father. She also learned that when things were explained to her, she said apparently a lot in her mind.

Destiny had taken the pokeball and examined it. Dare she open it? she wondered. Who knew what could happen? If she opened it, things could change for her drastically. The curiosity gnawed at her, but she decided not to open it. Though the wonder of it killed her, she had no idea what could happen. She could become more powerful, she might look like a complete freak, and it could severly interfere with her life. She decided that she would open it at a later date.

Appearance: [Copy and paste from Plague; with slight changes]
Destiny is caucasian, stands at about six feet and weighs about one hundred thirty pounds. She has long, black hair that almost reaches her waist and has deep blue eyes. She is very physically fit and she's very fast and strong; very few obstacles get in her way.

She usually wears a somewhat rust-red tank top and sometimes wears black and red striped fingerless gloves that go halfway up to her elbow. When it's cold, she wears a rust-red hoodie with black faux fur on the inside. She wears dark blue jeans and black sneakers.

Once she opens up her seal, she has gold highlights in her hair, her skin gets a slight lining of gold, causing her to sparkle in bright sunlight. Her skin also gets a bit harder, protecting her a bit more from injury, but it does not get hard enough to restrict movement, or to really be felt. When she gets angry, she takes on a Cofagrigus's large, red eyes, and large mouth and sharp teeth. Lastly, she gets four shadow-like arms on her back that she keeps hidden beneath her shirt.

Miscellaneous: [I don't think there's anything left to say...]
Pokémon spirit: Cofagrigus

RP Sample: [Ima just make this the third-to-last and second-to-last paragraphs in my History, but more detailed and such]
"Oh, come on babe."

"I said f*** off, jerk." I turned to walk away from the low point in my day; some boy trying to make me his girlfriend. When would they ever learn? I was not interested.

"Well, if you won't be my girlfriend willingly," He stepped in front of me and caused me to take a step back-into the wall. He put one hand on the wall by my head, "I'll make you my girlfriend."

"In your dreams." I rolled my eyes and tried to escape out the side where his arm was down. Too bad for him, he was persistant-and a jerk, which didn't earn him points-so he put his other arm up, blocking my escape.

"Well then, I must be dreaming, because I'm going to get what I want, whether you like it or not." By now a few people were staring as they walked by. They were probably pittying this poor fool that had no idea what he was getting himself into. He had to be new in school, I had never seen him before and no one else would be so stupid.

"Think again. You will never get me. If you even try to, I WILL RIP YOUR BALLS OFF, SHOVE THEM IN YOUR MOUTH, HACK YOU APART WITH A CHAINSAW AND THROW YOUR LIMBS OFF OF A CLIFF!" At this his smile faltered for a second, and so did his focus. I slipped out from his arms and started to walk away. I then heard his footsteps approach me again. The guy had a deathwish.

"NO WH0RE TALKS TO ME LIKE THAT AND GETS AWAY WITH IT!" He did NOT just say what I think he just said?! I whirled around, a look of murder in my eyes.

"EXCUSE ME?!" I yelled. By now everyone was stopped and staring at the lovely scene playing out before them.

"YOU-" He didn't have time to finish his sentence because he was suddenly flying down the hall, the contents of his backpack scattering as he flew over the rest of the kids that were leaving school for the day. I stood there for a moment, a bit confused. The last thing I had seen before he went flying was some sort of shadow... that seemed to come from me.

When he landed, the principal walked up to him. The principal glanced at me for a second, before he gave me a nod to leave school for the day.

No one tried to help the guy up, because everybody knew that he had got what he deserved. Everyone who had been watching quickly averted their eyes and hustled out of the main entrance, I followed close behind.

I walked into the house and was greeted by my parents, but not in the usual manner.

"Destiny, here, have a seat." My father motioned to a chair that sat across from him and my mother.

"We need to have a little talk." I set my backpack down beside the chair and took a seat. "There's something that we have to tell you." And that was where my life changed. For better or for worse, I had no idea. It would be up to future events to decide that.

Last edited:
Back