• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Fire Emblem: Awakening

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I turned Avatar into a Hero to pick up Sol. I used a Levin Sword to make the transition easier. Only need 1.5 Levin Swords to get to level 10 Hero and Reclass to Dark Knight.

@Shadowdueler: Counter is a Lv15 Warrior Ability. As it only works on ajacent enimies it would not be as useful to a caster. (I Think) And I already made the kids with tomeflair instead for two reasons. 1. Lissa is useless as a Dark Flyier 2. Saving Galeforce Spam for a second Playthrough.

Sumia was a Dark Flyier becase she is actually useable like that. She has galeforce now.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
The characters in this iteration is among one of the most diverse and yet still well developed casts I've seen in media, so it's really hard to choose. I honestly was not expecting the characters to be fleshed out because of how many of them there are before getting into the game, but I was proven dead wrong. Pretty much every character is interesting and none of them are cliche, not even Chrom (who I was actually expecting to be the stereotypical "heroic 'can't let anyone fall in battle' nonlogical' character, and he completely averted that trope).

Yeah, that was my problem with Radiant Dawn. Gameplay was fun and all, but with such a huge cast they settled for this generic support system. So a lot of the new character's background, personalities, and so on were pretty much left in the dark. I feel like this game got it right for the most part though I'm realizing the conversations between siblings and the variable father are all the same, it's not that big of a deal for me.

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
I turned Avatar into a Hero to pick up Sol. I used a Levin Sword to make the transition easier. Only need 1.5 Levin Swords to get to level 10 Hero and Reclass to Dark Knight.

@Shadowdueler: Counter is a Lv15 Warrior Ability. As it only works on ajacent enimies it would not be as useful to a caster. (I Think) And I already made the kids with tomeflair instead for two reasons. 1. Lissa is useless as a Dark Flyier 2. Saving Galeforce Spam for a second Playthrough.

Sumia was a Dark Flyier becase she is actually useable like that. She has galeforce now.

Wow, didn't realized I typed Hero, I was sure I typed Warrior. Actually having counter on a caster would generally be more helpful because they normally have less defense thus take more physical damage. So is a physical unit decides to rush you he would pretty much kill himself (if he hits). Also Lissa isn't bad as a Dark Flyer because they can use magic and Lissa stated out as a Cleric so she should be somewhat strong in magic when you reclass her.

Also the greatest skill combo in the game is Galeforce+Lifetaker. It is just so amazing. Being able to attack twice plus gain 50% of HP with every kill you get if you initiate the battle potentially can lead to a 100% HP net gain basically letting you run through maps with ease.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I know this isn't the most game breaking Build for Nah, but this I the build I'm going to do. I'm skipping Sol to avoid grinding more than 1 promoted class AND because Sol is Skill based activation and Manakete Skill Cap is 32.

I feel this build for Gregor!Nah focuses most on getting good abilities as fast as possible without wasting TOO much time. Sword Breaker is important because the only weapon that does effective damage to dragons is a sword. (wyrmblade, Falcion)

Gregor!Nah --> Sword Breaker (mother) AxeBreaker (Gregor)
Lv15 Manakete -> Odd Rythem / Wyrm Damage
Lv10 Mercenary ->Armsthrift / Patience
Lv10 Hero -> Sol =OR= Lv10 Troubador -> Resistance+2 / Demosile
Lv15 War Cleric -> Rally Luck / Renewal

1. Sword Breaker 2. Axe Breaker 3. Armsthrift 4. Renewal 5. Patience

That is 50 levels total, but only 15 promoted level if you skip Sol.

Kellam and Donnel are the other Choice Parent for here, but I'll save though game breaking combos for a second play-through.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
I actually have a list written down with what I'm planning for the children now that I'm on my second playthrough:

Severa - Hero (Cordelia-->Galeforce and Stahl-->Luna)
Yarne - Assassin (Lon'qu--> Astra and assassinclass-->Lethality)
Kjelle - (Sully-->Luna and ~something from Kellam)
Noire - (Tharja-->Lifetaker and Libra-->Renewal)
Lucina - (Chrom-->Aether and Lucina-->Renewal)

I probably won't use Morgan because I don't like how the male one looks. I picked a female MU this time around and married her with Gaius.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I ALMOST have all 13 children pick out for a second run through. (I haven't even finished my first game.) There are just a few pick that I haven't made yet.

The biggest question is Nah. I want to use her heavily on my next team. Donnel can't be the father (he is a popular choice) because he is giving 49 Luck Cap to Kjelle. So the only choices left are Gregor and Kellam.

Kellam offers stellar defense, better tank. Gregor offers Armsthrift witch makes it easier to actually use Nah as much as I want.

I suppose defense can always be made up with pairing. Armsthrift allows the expensive Dragonstone+ to be used 100% without having to buy new ones too often. Her Armsthrift would only be 92% maxed, so its not perfect.

I'm also trying to expiriment with Counter Archers, Bow users that have counter to deal damage when they are attacked at melee range. Not sure if it is as practical as I imagine.

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Counter archers eh? That's a cool idea; let me know how it works out.

I'm going for Astra archer with Yarne.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I didn't have anybody that knew counter except Titania from the Bonus Box. Anybody from the Bonus box can be reclassed into anything, like the avatar. So, I turned her into an Archer.

If was interesting to have damage being dealt when otherwise you would be defenseless. However, Counter doesn't just isn't a good ability for player characters.

1. You have to take damage for it to work. If you have counter on a tank that takes very little damage from attacks, Counter does nothing. Same goes for Pairs that Support-Block each other. I would rather take no damage than deal damage with Counter.

2. Every time you take damage, you risk dieing. My Viron has more defense than his wife, Sully (paladin). He can take a hit. But that doesn't mean he can Zerg-Rush 3 enemies at once. It is just smarter to avoid taking damage in the first place.

3. Enemies killed by Counter Skill DO NOT EARN XP. Apperently, if a foe is killed by Counter damage, you gain no XP for his death. That is a deal breaker right there.
----------

Sully Virron makes a powerful team. Sully have more range to put the Archer in position. And The two of them share High Speed and Skill. So, they often attack twice and get Critical Hits. And Attacking twice also means more chances to get a Critical hit.

Critical hits are basically OHKO.

Another strategy is to pair up and Archer/ranged unit with a Tank. The extra defense will protect the Archer. Dual Guard+ Skill will make the tank negate damage more often.

The AI will never attack kellam because his defenses are too high. They will instead attack the Avatar, who is 15 levels higher, because the Avatar has lower defenses. If the Archer had High enough defenses from his partner, and their are other units to attack, the AI will probably attack whoever will take more damage.

Unless attacking a man who can't fight back Literally takes priority.

shadowdueler474

Muffins for all!
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 25, 2014
Well seeing as how you can get infinite exp there really isn't much worry. Also if you are on a non-grinding run then by that point in time your characters would already be set for the rest of the game. Also I find counter to just be a plus side to getting hit. Not something you should base a tactic off of.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
This game is really addictive. Between my two save files I have over seventy hours invested in it and I haven't even started chapter 14 on my second(Playing on Hard-Classic) because I still have to do Kjelle's paralogue along with Nah's paralogue I believe. Before I even tackle them though I want to promote Noire to a Sorcerer first because Noseratu is awesome though I might promote her early because her stats are capping already as a Dark Mage.

Before I forget I figured that I would list the classes the future children are currently in and what skills they inherited:

Brady - Paladin(Maribelle-Demoiselle, Kellam- Indoor Fighter. I figured he would make a good tank because of Kellam.)

Gerome - Wyvern Lord(Virion- Bowfaire, Cherche- Swordbreaker. I'm surprised his strength hasn't capped yet.)

Severa - Assassin(Cordelia- Galeforce, Gaius-Locktouch. I'm in love with Lethality)

Lucina - Assassin(Chrom- Aether, FeMU- Ignis. Assassins are lovely.)

Yarne - Assassin(Donnel- Aptitude, Panne-Locktouch. I would reclass him back to a Taguel but his capped stats please me.)

Owain - Dark Knight(Lissa- Tomefaire, Ricken- Rally Magic.)

Morgan - Grandmaster(FeMU- Rally Spectrum, Chrom- Rightful King)

Cynthia - Falcon Knight(Sumia- Galeforce, Henry- Tomebreaker)

Noire - Sorcerer(Tharja- Tomebreaker, Libra- Renewal. Her stats as a Dark Mage were starting to cap in magic speed and skill so I decided to promote her early.)

Laurent - Sorcerer(Miriel- Magic+2, Frederick- Luna. I didn't use these two often seeing as I didn't want to rely on Frederick.)

Once they are evenly leveled I'll see if I can take on the rest of the game with just the kids.

Last edited:

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Right, well so far I've acquired:
Kids and Abilities

Kjelle w/ Luna and Locktouch.
Yarne w/ Astra. (He finally got Vantage and Lethality from his classes)
Morgan w/ Ignis and Locktouch (might use him)
Noire w/ Lifetaker and Renewal.
Lucina w/ Aether and Renewal.

About to get Severa.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Right, well so far I've acquired:
Kids and Abilities

Kjelle w/ Luna and Locktouch.
Yarne w/ Astra. (He finally got Vantage and Lethality from his classes)
Morgan w/ Ignis and Locktouch (might use him)
Noire w/ Lifetaker and Renewal.
Lucina w/ Aether and Renewal.

About to get Severa.

Rescue Staves are your friend for Severa's paralogue.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
Got to the final chapter on Hard Casual. NO SPOILERS. You are going to die a lot.

I'm going to ability grind for some skills I want to play with, maybe those will help.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Got to the final chapter on Hard Casual. NO SPOILERS. You are going to die a lot.

I'm going to ability grind for some skills I want to play with, maybe those will help.

If I'm not mistaken the reinforcements are unlimited in the final chapter aren't they? My first file was on Normal/Casual so I'm not sure.

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
You are right. I don't want to say too much about it for those who aren't there yet.

I'm going to do a lot of grinding and child-rearing to finish this game.

I'm already planning my second play through. I'm Going to do Hard-Classic No Deaths (hopefully).

I tried Lunatic, but the jump in difficulty is staggering. I've beaten the first level on Lunatic in the Demo, but still...

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
You are right. I don't want to say too much about it for those who aren't there yet.

I'm going to do a lot of grinding and child-rearing to finish this game.

I'm already planning my second play through. I'm Going to do Hard-Classic No Deaths (hopefully).

I tried Lunatic, but the jump in difficulty is staggering. I've beaten the first level on Lunatic in the Demo, but still...
I bounced back and forth on deciding whether or not to go with Lunatic mode for my second play through but I couldn't get past the prologue on Lunatic mode unfortunately.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
Years
Lunatic is impossible on Classic mode. I only manage to get past the first chapter (before restarting on Hard), and that took me numerous tries too. You pretty much have to rely on Frederick, but even so, there's always a Risen carrying around a damn Hammer.

Aura Vitae

Down, Sword Hand!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 23, 2019
Lunatic is impossible on Classic mode. I only manage to get past the first chapter (before restarting on Hard), and that took me numerous tries too. You pretty much have to rely on Frederick, but even so, there's always a Risen carrying around a damn Hammer.

Is it really impossible I thought Lunatic+ could be unlocked after beating Lunatic though?

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Is it really impossible I thought Lunatic+ could be unlocked after beating Lunatic though?

It's mostly impossible on Classic, where death is permanent — you can die a thousand times over on the Prologue on Lunatic (it was somewhere in that range for me at least |D ). However, every difficulty has the option of Casual, and Lunatic is (in my opinion) the only difficulty where Casual is appropriate, if not even necessary.

Last edited:

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
Years
I'm glad they have difficulty setting that can kick my ass. If you really want a challenge, these you go. For most people, Hard is the right challenge level. And Normal mode, make it easier for younger people to enter the series. Getting new players will make it possible for more great games to be made.

I need to grind a little to beat the final boss, but many of my charaters are Lv.16-20 Promoted. I want to reclass them, but so many are ready for new classes I don't think I can spend that much on Seals and still have money for weapons.

If I sell everything I could drum up 40k, but I have a lot of good stuff.

I was grinding Nawi to make a better Nah. I needed an Axe. I had SIX SILVER AXES just sitting there. She broke 2 whole Silver Axes, 1 Steel Axe, and 1 Bronze Axe to level up 25 times as Wyvern Rider -> Wyvern Lord. Faster than I thought. Still have FOUR SILVER AXES LEFT!

Nawi had INCREDIBLE LUCK not getting hit during her training. Then I realized her Skills: Odd Rythem (avoid +10) Fast Burn (avoid +15) Tantivy (avoid + 10) She was rarely hit.

Now Naw needs similar training.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back