• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

General Character Discussion

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I want him around as well, but the thing is that... he can't really travel with the main group unless Cilan goes and Ash goes on a journey with a pair of fraternal twins? Or somwthing similar. You just can't have the main group be all guys. But you can't do that option either because you need someone to counter the idiocy and take care of the young'uns.

Years
I want him around as well, but the thing is that... he can't really travel with the main group unless Cilan goes and Ash goes on a journey with a pair of fraternal twins? Or somwthing similar. You just can't have the main group be all guys. But you can't do that option either because you need someone to counter the idiocy and take care of the young'uns.
Yes Cilan is such an adorable character that you would want him along with Ash in Kalos region. OK at least they introduce him even for one episode

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
You know... they should do something like... okay you have the main three, right- Cilan, Ash, Kalos girl- and then you have a rival with a group instead of just the rival travelling by him/herself. So you have in that Kalos rival, Kalos boy, and maybe one other. Just because why not?

Years
You know... they should do something like... okay you have the main three, right- Cilan, Ash, Kalos girl- and then you have a rival with a group instead of just the rival travelling by him/herself. So you have in that Kalos rival, Kalos boy, and maybe one other. Just because why not?
Yeah the Kalos Boy fits very easily into the Rival story. You know just like Barry from Sinnoh. Ash starting in Kalos region and he finds Kalos Boy and Girl in the professor's Lab. Soon after their rivalry starts. I also want Trip to show up in Kalos region as well along with old Gary

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
Well, if Cilan and Iris you know, leave, I also want to see both prtoags from X and Y. Reason being we never really see the male protagonist ever. Like, Brenden was in the movie, Lucas was in the movie, Hilda and Hilbert have never appeared, Ethan has his own spin off and e.t.c, so I'd like to see both of them travel with him rather than one Gym Leader and one trainer. xD

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That'd be fun, but tbh I don't think Cilan is going anywhere. I mean... pretty sure Iris is going to end up training with Clair. But Cilan? The Sommelier concept is so very French. Would they waste his potential story arc in Kalos? And they haven't given him even as much development as Iris; I hope that means they've been saving his character exploration for a second regional arc.

I really would like Kalos boy to be at least a semi-important character though. Actually! They could put four in the main group again- Kalos siblings with Ash and Cilan. And start doing more character focus again pls ;;

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
Cilan could travel to Kalos with Ash; it's pretty possible, like how Brock traveled to multiple regions with Ash. I don't know how this could tie into his development or personality though, but, it can be interesting to see.

If this is the case though, I really would like more character development this time too, but personally, I'd like new and fresher characters. I also agree that it should be four people in the main group again - that's part of the reason why I loved the Hoenn saga; May and Max had a loot of development, and I did really love their characters over time!

It was even more of a shame when they parted though. </3

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
The BW arc was really lackluster in terms of development imo? Like iirc there were four Pokémon that got major development/backstory- Excadrill, Axew, Scraggy, and Tepig/Pignite. Two of those are Iris'. Two of them were babies and had continuous visible maturation. Two of them had traumatic pasts to deal with. Pretty much all the other Pokémon were stagnant in terms of character progression. And out of the humans, I'm pretty sure that N, Iris and Burgundy got the most actual development and backstory revelation. In that order. And it wasn't a lot. Especially compared to AG & DP character and Pokémon arcs I mean wow. BW was just very flat. It had lots of interesting characters with lots of potential, but they never expanded upon them.

Years
Iris has also started fighting with Ash a bit. There is an episode coming in the future. Well guys a bit off topic. I saw the three Dekorora episodes yesterday. The ending was very superb showing Bianca learning the Trio group had leaved Unova. She then contacts other friends of our heroes about this. Can we suggest that the guys are coming back in future or it was just a promotional stuff?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm hoping that's what it's implying! But I hope they don't just come back for a tournament. There's been enough mildly crappy tournament arcs in Best Wishes. :/

Years
I'm hoping that's what it's implying! But I hope they don't just come back for a tournament. There's been enough mildly crappy tournament arcs in Best Wishes. :/
Seems like our guess about Iris leaving the group in future was really more than a thought. Well It's good that Gary might be coming back also. Forgot to look carefully for Paul...

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I highly doubt that the upcoming argument episode will result in Iris leaving properly. It seems wayyy too dramatic for a main trio goodbye episode. And we're not done with Decolora yet. Iris wanted to go to Kanto too, she can't just be taking off. Idk man looking forward to seeing what all that's about though.

Can you source these Gary and Paul rumours or are they just your wishes? And you know, I'm wondering when Clair's going to show up. As far as I can tell, none of the known episodes indicate her presence. I'd imagine if she were in any currently named episode it would be Path of Separation of Mystery of the Treasure.

Years
Don't be on rush dear Anna. The 6th Gen is still way far. I am sure Dekorora would be longer than some people assume it will end soon like that N arc. They are still saving Clair later in the anime. And about that Iris well she will return again with the trio.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
It's already confirmed to be nearly as long as Episode N and that's kind of unfortunate? Like... why. What are they trying to do here? There's no overarching reason for this trip, there's not been much for character development, the airtime could have been used for expanding upon Episode N rather than creating filler... idk. It's fun enough, but there's no theme and I don't much like that. It makes things feel rather pointless. Even their destination is rarely mentioned and apparently has no impact on the journey.

Years
It's already confirmed to be nearly as long as Episode N and that's kind of unfortunate? Like... why. What are they trying to do here? There's no overarching reason for this trip, there's not been much for character development, the airtime could have been used for expanding upon Episode N rather than creating filler... idk. It's fun enough, but there's no theme and I don't much like that. It makes things feel rather pointless. Even their destination is rarely mentioned and apparently has no impact on the journey.
If what you are saying about Dekorora's air length is correct than I personally feel very bad about it. Why they changed sudden events in the story about Ash n Co. leaving Unova all of a sudden where still many areas were left to be explored or to be shown in the anime

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Oh yeah that's another thing. They didn't really do much exploring, did they? When I imagine Best Wishes, all I see is concrete and multistory buildings as a backdrop to some flat but brightly coloured characters. My mind is weird like idk how to explain this but I'll try.. Kanto is dusk blue or sunny fields and simple. Orange is sea blue and sunny and sparkly. Johto is medium-dark forest green and brown with lots of planty textures. Hoenn is vibrant and varied and natural. Sinnoh is light purple against green fields and sharper/more intense. Unova is bright colour slapped onto grey backgrounds and unfinished.

That's more reflecting how the regions feel rather than how they are I guess. Except for feelings are colours? I don't think this will make any sense to anyone lmao oh well what I'm really saying is that Unova is terribly underdeveloped.

Years
Yeah pretty much dump region. You know no goings or what so ever happenings in Eastern Unova or its places there.. Anyways what about some other topic discussion now. Any special character they failed to show in old episodes????

Back