• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Type Effectiveness Editor

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Quick Q... It allows me to open up any emerald rom but when I try to open up my modified emerald rom it gives me this error:

Spoiler:

Any help would be appreciated

That's strange. I just tried out some random changes and it worked for me.

What did you do to the table?

You know what you should do next?

What should I do?

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
That's strange. I just tried out some random changes and it worked for me.

What did you do to the table?

What should I do?

Hmm maybe it's something with the table itself .. do you know the offset where the table starts for emerald?

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Hmm maybe it's something with the table itself .. do you know the offset where the table starts for emerald?

If you open "roms.dat" with a text editor, it will provide a list of offsets where there is a pointer to the table in the ROM.

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Isn't there a tool for this already? Included with elite map, does this tool differ/expand on features?

Yes, there are a couple. I just wanted to make my own, because the other one on here has a broken link. And, I wasn't aware that one existed with elite map. I suppose its just a personal preference for what one prefers, because there's nothing special here. I just like to think this is easy to use.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Sep 26, 2021
Nice tool, it is very usefull to add Fairy Type.
Thank u! ^^

Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024

TEE3

I've actually had this ready since November, but I forgot to update it. {XD} Anyway, this is version 3.0 of Type Effectiveness Editor.

Now, version 3.0 represents a major update, because I've added the ability to add/remove types!
Yep, this is the first tool that allows for type chart expansion! But you'll still need to add the images yourself. ;)

It will repoint the table for you, and will be able to detect the number of types used by the game simply by checking the types that are currently defined by the table.

Get the download from the first post.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 18, 2015
This is really useful! Thanks! I wish it were easier to edit type bars and stuff. But this is far easier to use than the program I usually use and I thank you a bunch :)

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
Years

TEE3

I've actually had this ready since November, but I forgot to update it. {XD} Anyway, this is version 3.0 of Type Effectiveness Editor.

Now, version 3.0 represents a major update, because I've added the ability to add/remove types!
Yep, this is the first tool that allows for type chart expansion! But you'll still need to add the images yourself. ;)

It will repoint the table for you, and will be able to detect the number of types used by the game simply by checking the types that are currently defined by the table.

Get the download from the first post.

Ok this... This is awesome.. Does it support Emerald?

Edit: Nevermind, I love it! Also where are the pointers for the images supposed to go? I've never added a new type so this is all so new to me.:)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • OH
  • Seen Feb 26, 2024
Ok this... This is awesome.. Does it support Emerald?

Edit: Nevermind, I love it! Also where are the pointers for the images supposed to go? I've never added a new type so this is all so new to me.:)

Thanks for the support!

I've got no idea about image repointing, though. You'll need to look that up elsewhere, because the tool doesn't do that for you (yet?).

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 9, 2015
Awesome tool but....i can only choose between immune, not very and super effective, i can't set blank 1x spaces!

Years
  • Seen Jan 21, 2021
So this is a reeeeeeaaaaaaally late post, but I edited the ??? type to become fairy type, and in practice, it's worked well so far. Togepi took damage like he should with moves, buuuuuuuut if I go to check the move from the menu, the game crashes. Any idea what I'm supposed to do?

EDIT: Well, crap. Turns out the Physical/ Special patch I used is the problem. Sorry for this unecessary post. :/

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Hey, this tool look great, but i was looking for a similar tool to edit HG/SS for NDS, is that a thing? Thanks and keep up the good work! :)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 8, 2022
Well, it's just as I said, it doesn't matter if I make changes of not, if I click the save button, it freezes.
What I did: I opened firered, and then saved it after I opened it, and it froze.
Tried the same thing, and this time edited 1 type, same thing.
It happens anytime I save the rom. I think it is the program, not the game.

Back