• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon CrystalDust [v3 PUBLIC ALPHA]

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
honestly if i wasnt so set on having a zubat as my flying-type team member, i probably wouldnt have discovered it. and i am glad i helped. btw in case Cyclone didnt tell you yet for me, i personally feel imo that CrystalDust is a better remake than Liquid Crystal. sure LC has some unique events but CrystalDust so far has stayed true to the original. btw did you ever put in a move tutor or move relearner? ive yet to get to ecruteak and am unsure as to what bill is repairing in the Pokemon Center.
In the original, Bill meets you for the first time at Ecruteak City whjen you first walk into that Pokémon Center (this is a SoulSilver experience, but I figure it's probably cloned here). I don't know what he's repairing, either.

There was one buggish thing I found in the original game as well that I edited into the Bug Catching Contest page on Bulbapedia; if you have yet to meet Bill and participate in the Bug Catching Contest when you first have it available, you will see that whatever Pokémon you catch is referred to as going to Bill's PC at the end of the contest. As I have yet to do the contest in the hack, I don't know if this bug is replicated, but I don't think the original script checked if the player had met Bill by referring to the correct variable that would display it as "Someone's PC".

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
In the original, Bill meets you for the first time at Ecruteak City whjen you first walk into that Pokémon Center (this is a SoulSilver experience, but I figure it's probably cloned here). I don't know what he's repairing, either.

There was one buggish thing I found in the original game as well that I edited into the Bug Catching Contest page on Bulbapedia; if you have yet to meet Bill and participate in the Bug Catching Contest when you first have it available, you will see that whatever Pokémon you catch is referred to as going to Bill's PC at the end of the contest. As I have yet to do the contest in the hack, I don't know if this bug is replicated, but I don't think the original script checked if the player had met Bill by referring to the correct variable that would display it as "Someone's PC".

Cyclone

i meant i dont know what bill will be repairing or setting up in CrystalDust. not in the original. in original crystal he is fixing up some time trading thing that enabled you to trade pokemon from your gsc games to your rby games and vice-versa. however no gen 2 pokemon or gen 2 moves were allowed or "the server would crash". i just dunno if in CrystalDust bill sets up the move relearner like in LoZ's liquid crystal hack.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Additionally, he is working on Shining Opal ATM. I do know he alternates those releases.

I would have answered this earlier, but thought he'd be in to explain that.

Cyclone

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 11, 2016
Anyone know if there is a physical/special split? Or is it the same as gen III games.

Sierraffinity

Desperately trying to retire from ROM hacking
Years
This game is soo epic! Never give up on it or Shining Opal!
Don't worry, I'm not going to give up on either.
Aww man! I was hoping for a few badges in Kanto when you said "some of Kanto".

Great hack, nonetheless. I look forward to playing the next beta.
Sorry about not having more of Kanto in yet. Thanks for the comment!
honestly if i wasnt so set on having a zubat as my flying-type team member, i probably wouldnt have discovered it. and i am glad i helped. btw in case Cyclone didnt tell you yet for me, i personally feel imo that CrystalDust is a better remake than Liquid Crystal. sure LC has some unique events but CrystalDust so far has stayed true to the original. btw did you ever put in a move tutor or move relearner? ive yet to get to ecruteak and am unsure as to what bill is repairing in the Pokemon Center.
Thanks for the compliment! In CrystalDust, Bill's just fixing up the Ecruteak Wireless Club. Maybe I should add in something about how you can connect with games three years prior? (RSE/FRLG)

Cyclone
That bug doesn't exist in my game, but it's interesting to note that GSC has it.
Do you have an idea when beta 3 will be released?
Nope, sorry, no ETAs.
Diegoisawesome has previously specified that he does not release ETAs on his releases
That is true. Thanks for clarifying!
Additionally, he is working on Shining Opal ATM. I do know he alternates those releases.

I would have answered this earlier, but thought he'd be in to explain that.

Cyclone
Sorry about that, I was on vacation.
Anyone know if there is a physical/special split? Or is it the same as gen III games.

No split is in this hack, just like the original GSC and the generation after it.
This is correct. Thanks for clarifying!
This hack is very nice.

But......

I don't think you finished that thought?

Cyclone

I did....MUHAHAHA

HAHA
I don't know what you're talking about? What "but" is there?

Years
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
The game looks well done, but I do prefer to play games that have a totally new story line. GSC remakes are fun, but im getting kinda bored of doing the same thing everytime I play this type of hack. But i'll try it anyway. :)

Years
Hi Diegoisawesome, I hope your vacation went well. :)

I've found an issue. When you go to the house where the guy gives you the ITEMFINDER, he doesn't turn to you when you talk to him. He stays in the same position.

Last edited:

Sierraffinity

Years
The game looks well done, but I do prefer to play games that have a totally new story line. GSC remakes are fun, but im getting kinda bored of doing the same thing everytime I play this type of hack. But i'll try it anyway. :)
I promise you, you won't be bored playing CrystalDust!
Where's the "Wait for it"?
I'm actually wondering that myself!
Hi Diegoisawesome, I hope your vacation went well. :)

I've found an issue. When you go to the house where the guy gives you the ITEMFINDER, he doesn't turn to you when you talk to him. He stays in the same position.
My bad, thanks for noticing. Fixed and uploaded, if anybody really cares about repatching and all to fix it (although it's good for first-time users).

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Pokégear isn't working yet and not implemented in the beta. Pushing Y tells you as much. As for whether it plays music or what else it does, diego has to answer that.

Cyclone

Sierraffinity

Years
Hey i saw a radio card for the pokegear in 1 of the screenshots but never got 1 ingame does it play any music lol.
Another question will you make any new cards for pokegear to use in the sevii islands for your custom storyline there
The Radio Card doesn't work at the moment, but it will play music and work like it should in the future.
Pokégear isn't working yet and not implemented in the beta. Pushing Y tells you as much. As for whether it plays music or what else it does, diego has to answer that.

Cyclone
Uh, the Pokégear works pretty well at the moment, minus the Radio Card and some of the Phone Card. I don't know where you got that it doesn't work yet from.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
The Radio Card doesn't work at the moment, but it will play music and work like it should in the future.

Uh, the Pokégear works pretty well at the moment, minus the Radio Card and some of the Phone Card. I don't know where you got that it doesn't work yet from.

What is it that doesn't work, then? Maybe I'm thinking of the radio card...or am I mixing up Shining Opal with this now?

Cyclone

Back