• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Love in the Clouds!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I tried to convince Griffinbane to play this challenge with me, but she refused several times. But, she did agree to be my Valentine for the sake of this challenge.

The Gift:
Jolteon - Eevee is a great gift, and I've never used a Jolteon, and gives me the best type coverage to fill out my team.

The Valentine:
Lapras - Griffy's favorite Pokemon in LeafGreen. Would have been Arcanine, but that's exclusive to FireRed and I have no way to hack or trade on my 3rd gen carts.

The Attraction:
Ninetales - I'm more or less exploiting this one to add another type coverage to the team. :P

The Duo:
Nidoqueen - I have only used Nidoqueen one time. In a Nuzlocke... with a horrible nature... and it died... at Agatha... So hopefully this time goes better!

The Pink:
Slowbro - Standing out with my choice. He is not fluffy, but who could possibly hate that blank stare?

The Flower:
Veusaur - Sadly, this is the only option in LeafGreen, even though it was the one I was going to use anyway, so this is what I'm using.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Well thats sucks...cant trade and the favorite is charizard....hum....

You're allowed to trade or hack in the valentine Pokemon, but not the others.

You should consider bellossom a female counterpart to vileplume. Not that I'm using either, but they do fit the bill.

Edit: could I get a little clarification on what you mean by the pink leading gyn battles?

Eh, not really. And as soon as you get your pink Pokemon, it has to lead all the gym battles after obtaining it.

Also, something concerning Rotom. It's genderless, so I can't have it be female.

That's okay!

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
That's... still pretty vague. Do you want me to have it at the front of the party? Or use it against all the leader's mons? Or what? Leading the battle has several different meanings.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
That's... still pretty vague. Do you want me to have it at the front of the party? Or use it against all the leader's mons? Or what? Leading the battle has several different meanings.

Lead as in start. I'll edit the first post to clarify. I thought "lead" was pretty straightforward but oh well.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
You're allowed to trade or hack in the valentine Pokemon, but not the others.

It's good now...my best friend has many favorites, so my team is good now :)

The Present: Hitmonlee
dpiconani106.gif
(Kicking stuff FTW...the ULTIMATE GIFT!!!)

The Valentine: Raichu
dpiconani026.gif
(Hope it's a female...this MIGHT be useful, not a Pikachu, lol.)

The Attraction: Vaporeon
dpiconani134.gif
(To me, Eevee and it's evolutions are supposed to Attract and I wanna use one!)

The Duo: Nidoqueen
dpiconani031.gif
(Using Nidoking in a Red Nuzlocke...why not use her? Besides, it's the only duo I know of in FR/LG and I'm attracted to females, so yeah.)

The Pink: Clefable
dpiconani036.gif
(It's pink...and kinda wanted to use one.)

The Flower: Venusaur
dpiconani003.gif
(Haven't used this guy in a LONG time.)

I might also pair up these guys into couples just because it's a love challenge

Years
Well, let's go Crystal then (isn't it always)

Username: Waters_Echo
Game: Crystal

Present: Odd Egg (It is a... ???)
Valentine: Umbreon (or espeon, I guess. One is the preset GSC, on is one of the favourites of one of my friends. Unless I cheat to get vulpix which is their even-more-favourite... ?)
Attraction: Fearow (I'd go with togetic, but seeings as eggs are set in gender when you take them, and toge-line are 7-1 male...)(So if I hatch a female than sure, togetic, but...)
Duo: Magneton
Pink: Slowbro
Flower: Meganium

--
And starting because I would do this even if not accepted, I promptly die of sheer "WHAT THE F$%@#@2sfsadfhgfbggbggfff" as I run into a shiny pidgey.
(then cheat to actually have pokeballs for three seconds to catch her, but not use her until that would be legitimate or something)

Last edited:
Years
I recently contected a friend of mine, and he says his favorite Pokemon is Dragonite. Is it ok if I change Rotom to Dragonite?

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Okay so I have no life and started this challenge already ... and the only reason I'm stopping is because it is currently not daytime in my game and I can't be bothered to try and cheat to change the clock. SO.

- Started the game. Picked Totodile as my starter for the first ten minute of the game
- Went to Mr. Pokemon, beat rival, yadda yadda up until I obtained my Pokeballs.
- Hacked in a wild Sneasel which I then caught and named Thom. Trained him for a bit, deposited Totodile, and went on my way.
- Beat Falkner, Bell Tower, Busgy, and Rival with Thom.
- Arrived at Goldenrod where I then obtained the Odd Egg and went around biking until I hatched a Shiny Magby (which I think it perfect for this event as Shiny Magmar is pink). Named her Ty Lee.
- Trained Ty Lee for a bit before going and beating Whitney.

Current Team:

Spr_2c_215.gif

Thom ( ♂ )
Level 28
Ice Punch
Faint Attack
Quick Attack
Screech

Spr_2c_240_s.gif

Ty Lee ( ♀ )
Level 17
Ember
Dizzy Punch
Leer
Smog

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Valentine: Umbreon (or espeon, I guess. One is the preset GSC, on is one of the favourites of one of my friends. Unless I cheat to get vulpix which is their even-more-favourite... ?)

You can hack in the Valentine Pokemon, just none of the others.

I recently contected a friend of mine, and he says his favorite Pokemon is Dragonite. Is it ok if I change Rotom to Dragonite?

Of course!

Grats on the shinies, Tara and waters_echo!

Years
Then I figure I could also change Gardevoir to Froslass, if that's ok.

UPDATE!
Defeated Roark. I plan to update after every gym like I always do.

Team
Matrimony the male Monferno (gift)
lvl 16
Bashful nature
Moves: Scratch, Leer, Ember, Mach Punch

Bouquet the female Budew (flower)
lvl 16
Lax nature
Moves: Absorb, Growth, Mega Drain, Stun Spore

I'm now preparing to trade over a Dratini egg, and momentarily a Magcargo just to hatch it faster.

Last edited:
Years
Okay, I'm in.
Name: WeightyWillBill
Game: Fire Red
Team:

The Present:
Spr_3f_107.png

Because everyone and their grandmother picks Hitmonlee

The Valentine:
Spr_3f_009.png

Okay, I'm not paired with Cid, but I mean he said I could so I'm using him as a best friend wooh

The Attraction:
Spr_3f_078.png

Rapidash will be a male ofc and I picked him because he's majestic! Everyone is attracted to the majestic one!!

The Duo:
Spr_3f_034.png

Yeah so I like guys and I've used the King before and he rocks. Plus, I have few other options for Fire Red so it's cool (:

The Pink:
Spr_3f_036.png

Clefable is pink and I've never used her before! I'm excited to try her out.

The flower:
Spr_3f_045.png

Again with the limitations of Fire Red (where's sun stone :[ ), I'm left to use this guy. He's okay though so I'm not too disappointed.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Then I figure I could also change Gardevoir to Froslass, if that's ok.

Go right on ahead!

While I'm here, I'll tell you I just started my adventure with Halcyon the Torchic.

Griffinbane

I hate Smeargle.
Years
Cuz I like challenges and he's a demanding twit... lol...

Username: Griffinbane
Game: LeafGreen

The present: Vaporeon (Kill THIS Vaporeon, I dare you Necrum)
The valentine: Pinsir (Oh geez this is going to be an expensive run)
The attraction: Dodrio (I've been meaning to use this thing for a while but haven't managed to get around to it)
The duo: Porygon (cuz me, relationships, uh no)
The pink: Lickitung (same as Dodrio)
The flower: Venusaur (ew, Oddish)

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
Years
UPDATE 1!​

-Named myself Kelsey (playing as a female) and named the Rival Manuel
-Snagged the Bulbasaur and named him Bruteroot (The Flower)
-LOST TO MANUEL!?!?!?!? WHAT?
-Trained Bruteroot some
-Got to Viridian Forest
-Just as I saved to hunt for Pikachu...one appeared! And it was female! THANK YOU JESUS! Named her Mazz (The Best Friend)
-Trained Mazz and Bruteroot around and in the Viridian Forest
-Whooped Brock
-Skipped a few trainers and hunted for a Nidoran♀
-Got one (after finding a Nidoran♂, which is a 1% chance in Leaf Green!) and named her Nikki (The Duo)
-Saved!

Progress: 1/9

♥ Team Valentine ♥

001.gif

Bruteroot the Quiet, Male Bulbasaur
Level 14, No Item
-Tackle
-Growl
-Leech Seed
-Vine Whip
Ability: Overgrow

025f.gif

Mazz the Quiet, Female Pikachu
Level 14, No Item
-Thundershock
-Quick Attack
-Tail Whip
-Thunder Wave
Ability: Static

029.gif

Nikki the Quirky, Nidoran♀
Level 6, No Item
-Growl
-Scratch
Ability: Poison Point

♥ Love Slaves: FlyMeAway the Pidgey

What's Next?:
-Train Nikki
-Get a Clefairy
-Clear Mt. Moon
-Beat Misty

EDIT: 100th POST!

Last edited:

Rewy

untitled follower
Years
Still moving about my packrat hoarded items from HG, but at least I've now ran out of my fodder starly's from Platinum (a whole box of them). <3

Hopefully will start later today when I get actually home. Already thinking of names for the team...

WarriorCat

Monotype lover!!!!!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jul 30, 2014
First Update!!!!!!!!

-Started and chose Oshawott.
-Made my way through the routes and towns and got to Striaton City.
-Raised Oshawott to level 17 before fighting Cilan, and beat him easily.
-Caught Munna(Lv.10) in the Dreamyard and Woobat(Lv.11) in Wellspring Cave.
-I ran around randomly and leveled up Woobat, and she evolved. :)
-After making it to Nacrene City, I raised my Pokemon to 22-23 and challenged Lenora.
-After winning with a lot of trouble, I continued to Pinwheel Forest.
-In Pinwheel Forest, I caught Syd the Petilil(Lv.14), named after Sydian. :D
-I saved after training Syd a little bit, the Big Root really helps with Mega Drain.

I'm so glad my SuperCard can take screenshots.

I0joRU7.png
017tdo3.png
fe7SM2U.png
sGfvT9V.png

Years
Let's go-

Trainer: Local (derived from the challenge title)
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain
Pokemon:
Cumulus, the Flower
Bayleaf, M, lv31, miracle seed
Headbutt, synthesis, body slam, razor leaf

Nacreous, the Attractive
*Pidgeotto, F, lv31, -
Gust, attract, quick attack, sand attack

Stratus, the Pink
Slowpoke, M, lv, 30, quick claw
Confusion, disable, water gun, headbutt

Cirrus, the Gift
Smoochum, F, lv31, everstone
Confusion, dizzy punch, lick, ice punch

--

Now, often enough, the phonecall trainers are a right pain.
Even if they're one of the ones who give you stuff, it tends to be "And we failed at catching that pokemon by this much!"
The Four Element Stone Trainers; Gina [Leaf], Alan [Fire], Dana [Thunder] and Tully [Water].
Last time I did a challenge, I got no call for the stone I was after (I got a leaf stone at one point, but I was after water)...this time, THIS TIME.
Alan is officially awesome, as within an hour he had gone and gotten me a fire stone. That'll do, child, that'll do.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
After a bit of thinking and setting it all out, I've finally decided on my team members for the playthrough <3, with a few explanations along the way :D!

The Gift:
392.gif

Neko the Infernape
I've given Torterra and Empoleon a go before and I thought this time it would be great to throw some love at Infernape. I've always loved its design and heard how skilled it was in battle but never got around to using it since I heavily favoured some other fire-types available in the game. And so far, he seems really promising! :D.

The Valentine:
025f.gif

Katherine the Pikachu
I chose Pikachu as my valentine Pokemon seeing as I heard my best friend mention it was one of their absolute favourites and how she found it adorable and cheeky so I thought why not? She doesn't play Pokemon often but out of all the Pokemon I've shown her so far, she loves Pikachu the most! And in dedication to that, here's my Valentine Pokemon :3, I have no plans on evolving it so far. <3

The Attraction:
457.gif

Luna the Lumineon
So I picked Lumineon because I was tired of using Clefables and Wigglytuffs, also a good water type is handy to have :3. It's an elegant Pokemon and although I've never heard of anyone who used it on their playthrough, I think it'll be fun using her :3!

The Duo:
475.gif

Victor the Gallade
Annnnd for my duo, I decided to go with Gallade! He's definitely an amazing fighter, I've used him a couple of times and he can sweep through teams easily. <3. Also there aren't too many duos in Sinnoh and I've been meaning to use a Gallade on one of my teams for a while, so this is a great opportunity! :3.

The Pink:
242.gif

Felicity the Blissey

Not much to say here, but I'm really looking forward to using her!

The Flower:

Rosie the Roserade
After a while I finally decided Roserade would make a good flower, I couldn't find a sprite though. :'(

Last edited:
Years
Trainer: Local (derived from the challenge title)
Badges: Zephyr, Hive, Plain, Fog
Pokemon:
Cumulus, the Flower
Meganium, M, lv37, miracle seed
Headbutt, synthesis, body slam, razor leaf

Nacreous, the Attractive
*Pidgeot, F, lv37, sharp beak
Gust, attract, quick attack, sand attack

Stratus, the Pink
Slowbro, M, lv, 37, quick claw
Confusion, disable, surf, headbutt

Cirrus, the Gift
Jynx, F, lv38, king's rock (because I need to clean out my bag >`_>; )
Psychic, dizzy punch, lick, ice punch

Altostratus, the Valentine (that's not her actual in-game name, obviously, but it would be what she was called if I ignored the rule and matched her up with the others)
Ninetales, F, lv38, charcoal
Flamethrower, tail whip, confuse ray, quick attack
(Thank you Schoolboy Alan for that wonderful fire stone)

That's enough for today, I think. I'll pick up my last team-member tomorrow.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
hi guys i didn't do much yet but here ya go

Spr_FRLG_Beauty.png

Beauty Sydian
Ruby
50px-Stone_Badge.png

Spr_3r_256.png

Halcyon / Combusken ♂ lv. 19 @ King's Rock
[ Ember, Double Kick, Scratch, Peck ]
Gift

263.png
x 5 (Cut and Pickup)

We started our lovely journey as a FRLG Beauty because the RSE Beauty looks ugly. We got our lovely gift and set out and beat Roxanne, but not before catching a ton of Zigzagoon because an army of them is important in life. Wouldn't you agree? -cuddles- We'll be making our way to Dewford next...once we help this Devon guy again!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back