• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ash's Age/Coma Theory

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 14, 2019
Everyone goes on and on about how Ash never ages, and yet never notice that no one else ages either. Ash is still ten and Brock is still fifteen. No one ages.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 8, 2013
reason why ask ketchum dont age

humans in pokemon evolve too depending on how intimate they are.
a kiss will age a 10 year old to 16, sex to 21 and lastly kids 30
this is my theory and I will like yall option about it and if it be though of before

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Nah share your ideas good sir. As long as you like, quote an excerpt that's most pertinent or sums it up I'm cool.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Did I just seriously post that comment and then forget to check if I got a response? Well, I must have. Go me!

Anyway, like I said before, I wrote an article about this subject and I'm happy that I get to share it because it covers a lot of theories as well as the real reason why Ash doesn't age. Well, here's the article if anyone is interested:
http://bbs.studio-revolution.net/magazine/?p=167

And now a quote!
Ash is a demon who needs to feed off of children's souls in order to live forever.

Adlais

Adlais ^_^
Years
Ash in Coma?

When Ash first got/touched his Pikachu, it electricuted him. And many more time Ash got electricuted many more times. The human body can only take a certain amount of electricutes before it gets really damaged or warn out. Ash got electricuted a lot of times by Pikachu, so it's possible that Ash got really damaged after all those shocks. Coma is a consequence of damage on your body.

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
It could be possible Ash is in a coma and someone's made a huge article about this already and I thought it was quite interesting. But Pikachu electrocuting Ash isn't the reason, say if he was in a coma. The creator of the article used the bike accident as the reason he's in a coma and Pokemon he has or friends he meets, etc was explained into full detail and it made a ton of sense. This could also explain why Ash never ages. Not saying Ash is in one and nobody should quote on me about this saying I'm wrong and their right unless it's the anime creators because nobody knows.

Years
  • Seen Nov 4, 2017
It's possible. I sort of believe this because he can make anything possible in his dream. Explaining why he can be like Peter Pan and make the most unrealistic jump ever! But it is also possible that he is immortal. The fact that he had saw Ho-oh in the first episode and also the fact that Ho-oh can grant someone "New Life." Same goes for Xerneas.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
Honestly I think that Ash is coma-free and is going on with life. I know that the anime physics are questionable but just about every show (anime or not) has/can have questionable physics. If Ash was in a coma, I'd imagine that he'd have won more tournaments and that his goal of being the Pokémon Master would be much closer to attaining than it is right now.

Jet Pilot

I killed Spiderman.
Years
Pretty sure there was a pretty long, and awfully written copypasta of this. I honestly don't think it is plausible. I remember reading it at 1 am and it just put me to bed, thank god for terrible writers.

But yeah, maybe he's in a coma but if Gamefreak ended Pokafamon with Ash coming out of his coma.. That would be a terrible ending lol..

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
Honestly I think that Ash is coma-free and is going on with life. I know that the anime physics are questionable but just about every show (anime or not) has/can have questionable physics. If Ash was in a coma, I'd imagine that he'd have won more tournaments and that his goal of being the Pokémon Master would be much closer to attaining than it is right now.

I don't remember where I found nor remember why but the theory written into an article the writer explained in full context explaining why he's never won the tournaments. It made perfect sense but it's just a theory, makes more sense than being coma free. The most evidence I can come up with is that Ash never ages which is a lot of evidence believe it or not. Going on a journey in 6 different regions would take a lot longer than 1 year so that makes it completely possible that he's in a coma. Could be real life, but it makes very little sense if you think about it.

KorpiklaaniVodka

KID BUU PAWAA
Years
Let's face it, Ash's 11th birthday will come when either:
1) Pigs will fly
2) Kyogre will be allowed in OU
3) Magikarp will be Uber
4) Ash will have a girlfriend
5) ShoPro goes bankrupt

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 2, 2014
It really is vexing. Part of the reason I stopped watching the anime was because of the lack of proper development of characters (in terms of age and maturity). I realise it's aimed for kids and the whole Ash being a 10 year old forever would relate to them 'more' but it's getting a bit ridiculous. I've been told in the X & Y anime, Ash behaved a bit more maturely. I find that hard to believe, lol.

Years
  • Seen Jun 7, 2016
Let's face it, Ash's 11th birthday will come when either:
1) Pigs will fly
2) Kyogre will be allowed in OU
3) Magikarp will be Uber
4) Ash will have a girlfriend
5) ShoPro goes bankrupt

#4 actually has a chance of happening, courtesy of Serena

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
since in each game there is a new hero, ash should be there also (in kanto) in pokemon black, white, x,y, but he should be a grown up also. i mean it was possible to battle him in gold and silver

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Jan 16, 2014
Ash also saw a Ho-Oh and probably wished for his age to remain. Just a possibility.

Yukari

since in each game there is a new hero, ash should be there also (in kanto) in pokemon black, white, x,y, but he should be a grown up also. i mean it was possible to battle him in gold and silver
In Pokemon Gold and Silver you battle Red. Red is the protagonist for the original trilogy of Pokemon games. (Why do I keep calling it a troligy?)

Ash also saw a Ho-Oh and probably wished for his age to remain. Just a possibility.

This is actually a very famous fan theory, after all ho-oh is supposed to bring eternal happiness to all who see it. The only problem with the said theory is that first appeared in ho-oh's pokedex entry for Pokemon Diamond and Pearl.

Last edited:
Back