• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Trade Corner Daily Chit-Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Well......
In theory most event exclusives should be available without ribbons, therefore blocking people from requesting Mew and the like outright defeats the purpose of blocking the ribbons (which really also prevent the trading of events that had special moves, etc).
Mew and Deoxys both had events in Gen III where they could be caught in the wild (Mew was only in Japan).
Celebi and Jirachi were a preorder bonus for Colloseum (celebi being exvlusive to Japan)
Gen IV saw Darkrai and Shaymin both events that uou could catch in game. Manaphy was an egg event via the Ranger games.
Gen V saw Victini the same way, and saw Arceus as a Dreamworld Event.

So far only Keldeo, Meloetta, and Genesect are only available with a ribbon that would preventball trafing.

I tried trading with someone offering Darkrai, and failed to trade it regardless because it was a special Pokemon. I think he's trying to say that there's no point in those special Pokemon being able to make the GTS "list," if you call it, when they're not even tradeable in the first place.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I tried trading with someone offering Darkrai, and failed to trade it regardless because it was a special Pokemon. I think he's trying to say that there's no point in those special Pokemon being able to make the GTS "list," if you call it, when they're not even tradeable in the first place.

I beleive what makes them not tradeable is their event ribbon, not the species itself. If someone was offering one of the event Pokemon such as the Toys R Us Darkrai or the B/W event Darkrai I beleive it would be blocked. But if it was the Platinum Newmoon Island one you should be able to. This is just a theory I have, but can not be tested without one of the event Pokemon that does not have the ribbon.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I have a Darkrai without the ribbon and tested it out myself. It doesn't work.

Thanks. Now I agree that they should just not allow people to request them for sure. Makes it so much harder, and will lead to frustration from people looking for them.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I have a Darkrai without the ribbon and tested it out myself. It doesn't work.

Fail. That is what I'm talking about. At least we can still make personal trades with each other. It is pointless to allow those requests, like 1-10 Zekrom. If you had a 1-10 Zekrom it would be hacked. Why is this stuff not blocked? A short message saying that trade can't be made when you request it would suffice.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
Fail. That is what I'm talking about. At least we can still make personal trades with each other. It is pointless to allow those requests, like 1-10 Zekrom. If you had a 1-10 Zekrom it would be hacked. Why is this stuff not blocked? A short message saying that trade can't be made when you request it would suffice.

As annoying as that is.... remember that there was thevlevel 1 Dialga/Palkia/Giratina in HG/SS..... We could get other in game low level legendary Pokemon again in the future. I think they should block those requests that are currently invalid like low level Zekrom you used as your example. But I think the gts is probably the least of nintendos worries right now. We need to see bank open.

ToWriteLove

On Her Arms
Years
As annoying as that is.... remember that there was thevlevel 1 Dialga/Palkia/Giratina in HG/SS..... We could get other in game low level legendary Pokemon again in the future. I think they should block those requests that are currently invalid like low level Zekrom you used as your example. But I think the gts is probably the least of nintendos worries right now. We need to see bank open.

True that, the Poke Bank delay has definitely put a damper on my competitive play.

Years

My sentiments exactly. Why even have the option to ask for them if you can't even trade it in the GTS in the first place? Stupid oversight by Game Freak.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016

Very true. I'm out of PC space. I have started releasing 5IV Pokémon without their HA. Sadly as much as I offer them and try to trade them, nobody wants them.

My original point though was more so about why they didn't implement the changes I'm talking about before the GTS was ever online. If GF ever releases low level Legends again they could patch the GTS to allow those. It just aggravates me that almost every trade I see in the GTS is asking for Pokémon you can't even trade on the GTS.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I've been doing the same. I give away as much as I can for a few days then I Wonder Trade the rest. Still hatching Eevees and no luck and I have way too many to trade anyways so I just Wonder Trade them all now.

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I started digging through looking closer at all my Legendaries I have been pulling from the GTS, looking to trade some away but looking to make sure that they look right first.(and making sure I can tell people what they have for ok stats).

So, first... for those that want a good laugh:
The IV rater told me that Entei has a perfect Special Defense... but ALL five other stats were zero.

Secondly:
Dialga the stat rater claims all six stats are perfect. I know in Gen IV not all spreads were able to be gotten for all natures. Does anyone know if a Serious Nature was possible with all stats perfect?

I wasn't worried too much about not having access to Pokecheck anymore until now. Now I am mildly irked at Nintendo for their lack of investment in making sure that Pokebank and transporter really were free from hacks slipping through, and now I am having to worry that Pokemon I have been collecting are legal or not.

Years
I miss pokecheck too. Though my reasons were mainly for file uploading of my pokemon so I could save the data on my computer and clone.

On another note, I haven't had a good shiny for shiny trade since the bank came out in Japan :/
Argh, XD .

I think spoiler tags should also be a must if you are going to basically write a book in the qtt. It takes so long to scroll through certain posts on my new phone, XD

Outlier

Yeah if you're going to list like 50 different Pokemon then at least try and keep your posts more tidy and organized. Perhaps list them via their number in the Pokedex or put them in alphabetical order. Some of these long winded, messy posts are a real eyesore.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jan 2, 2016
I started digging through looking closer at all my Legendaries I have been pulling from the GTS, looking to trade some away but looking to make sure that they look right first.(and making sure I can tell people what they have for ok stats).

So, first... for those that want a good laugh:
The IV rater told me that Entei has a perfect Special Defense... but ALL five other stats were zero.

Secondly:
Dialga the stat rater claims all six stats are perfect. I know in Gen IV not all spreads were able to be gotten for all natures. Does anyone know if a Serious Nature was possible with all stats perfect?

I wasn't worried too much about not having access to Pokecheck anymore until now. Now I am mildly irked at Nintendo for their lack of investment in making sure that Pokebank and transporter really were free from hacks slipping through, and now I am having to worry that Pokemon I have been collecting are legal or not.
I ran this search: http://prntscr.com/2h74ze. And I got no results, so that Dialga is hacked. :/

Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2016
I ran this search: http://prntscr.com/2h74ze. And I got no results, so that Dialga is hacked. :/

Thanks EV. That is a help, although that is what I already feared. I will add it to my little trophy case.

On a happier note.... I just bred my first perfect 6iv Pokemon! Got myself a nice male Pancham out of it, which will by the father to many field egg group Pokemon in the near future.Even though he can only help me with breeding from two egg groups, he is much more special to me than any Ditto could have been because I had to work hard to hatch him. Took about an hour of rejecting eggs to get him.

Years
At least it's not as obvious as this:

2r6f7d3.jpg

I've posted this before in Korean, but that's what it looks in English. Makes for a great trophy though, especially if Pokemon Bank's "hack check" improves.

Years
So..everyone is talking about something that sucks or grinds their gears. Here's mine for the night and it's way off subject.
Christ! It's cold!
I live in Virginia and right now with the wind chill it's negative 20 Fahrenheit. I...don't think it's ever been this cold here.
Articuno must have taken roost nearby or something. That's all I can think of.

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
I've chosen my next breeding project and it is.....Kangaskhan!!

Really easy as they are always female so any upgrade to the IV gives me my next breeder as long as the Ability is correct. Ability isn't really important due to the Mega Evolution but I'm still breeding Scrappy. This Pokémon I figured will help tear through Battle Maison for item farming and will help excessively for EV training with Earthquake. No Egg Moves are really needed. Simple great Uber and the Shiny will be beautiful. Not sure what it looks like but hey, MM breeding won't take as long as Charmander.

I should have these available by my next trade weekend. That would be weekend after next. I may go to Chansey after this. I feel these Female only will be great as whenever I get a 6IV I can use it with 6IV Ditto and always get my Premier Ball!!

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
Okay serious question. Bought myself the 2DS bundle, but instead of X like I wanted to, I got Y. Thing is, I prefer M-Charizard X, M-Mewto X, and I'm pretty sure some Mega Stones in X are better then the ones in Y. So my question is, how easy is it to trade for Mega Stones, or is it something that isn't too popular?

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
Okay serious question. Bought myself the 2DS bundle, but instead of X like I wanted to, I got Y. Thing is, I prefer M-Charizard X, M-Mewto X, and I'm pretty sure some Mega Stones in X are better then the ones in Y. So my question is, how easy is it to trade for Mega Stones, or is it something that isn't too popular?

They are easy enough to trade, more so now than when the game first released. I have all Mega Stones. I only have Y but got all the X stones via trading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back