The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio PokéCommunity ROM Hack Planning
Concept MegaBirds

Planning Where all the hard work happens. Got an idea? You don't have to be part of the team to share it with us.

Old October 7th, 2016 (10:15 PM).

Nature: Adamant
So, whilst this is probably not a priority at all, we seem to have determined that Mega Evolution is definitely going to be in this game and that the birds will be having Mega Evolutions. If that's the case I'd like us to follow a step by step means of working them out (kind of like I do for MaM) so we all get a fair say.

So I propose that we create them in the order of Articuno, Zapdos and then Moltres with the understanding that we won't alter their types. So we just need to change their stats and abilities.

Before that though, I have some questions.

1. Are we giving Lugia a Mega Form? Personally I think we should, but what about you guys?
2. Are these going to be your typical stone Megas? Or do we want to make them Primals? Move-based Megas like Rayquaza?
Old October 8th, 2016 (4:56 AM).

1. the idea floating around was for lugia to get a primal. i'm fine with either one, but a new primal would be a little more interesting, i don't think those get made very often
    2. i was thinking typical stone megas

as for the birds themselves, it makes sense to me that they'd get snow warning, drizzle, and drought, respectively. or even primordial sea, desolate land, and a new super-hail. they are, after all, causing all this crazy weather
    Old October 8th, 2016 (5:18 AM).
    Resident ASMAGICIAN

I think we should stick to Mega Evolution. While doing Primal Lugia would be interesting, it would kinda be expected that Ho-oh would also get a Primal form. Primal forms are also more complicated - you need special art for the animations and associated primal symbols. Primals also get signature abilities and moves so we'd need to work those out too. Wish based mega evolution might work, but we'd still need an additional signature move and it was supposed to be reserved for Rayquaza.

I agree that the birds should get weather abilities (Drizzle, Drought and Snow Warning) in their Mega form, but it doesn't make sense to give them the Primals' signature abilities. Zapdos with Primordial Sea is just weird.

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
      Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
      Old October 8th, 2016 (6:12 AM).
      Free supporter

If the Birds are getting a Mega Lugia should get one too. I think the birds can have mega stones as normal, and Lugia can have it's own primal form.

For abilities I think Zapdos and Articuno gets the short straw with Drizzle/Hail, as it only benefits one move for each of them in the 5PP Thunder/Blizzard. Sun is just way too superior, instant solarbeam to cover weaknesses, and increase 50% damage of fire moves/decrease 50% water moves. Would it make sense to look towards other abilities unrelated to weather? The birds aren't exactly the weather trio.

Perhaps completely new abilities that benefit their move pools specifically would be good.
      Old October 8th, 2016 (6:20 AM).

Nature: Serious
      How about a new forme for Lugia, like Giratina's Origin one? It doesn't really need a BST boost, but a new forme that focuses on attack instead of defense for example, like Giratina, could work.

Old October 8th, 2016 (7:26 AM).

Climate and weather are related but not necessarily the same thing. What if we gave them terrain abilities like Tapu Koko has. We'd need to invent new terrains for Articuno and Moltres though.

Maybe something like
      Scorched Terrain: Prevents freezing and increases the power of fire moves.
      Tundra: Prevents burns and increases the power of ice moves.

I like the idea of giving Lugia a Primal Form. Whilst it doesn't need the extra stats, it'd be weird for its full power to be equal to just one of the Mega Birds.
      Old October 8th, 2016 (8:54 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christos View Post
      How about a new forme for Lugia, like Giratina's Origin one? It doesn't really need a BST boost, but a new forme that focuses on attack instead of defense for example, like Giratina, could work.
      I think this is something really worth considering. Instead of a Mega/Primal, we could have a new forme or Lugia. Something like a "Deep Sea" forme. This new form could be Water/Flying or Water/Psychic instead of the traditional typing to emphasize the link to the ocean.
      Old October 8th, 2016 (9:24 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Koakuma View Post
      I think this is something really worth considering. Instead of a Mega/Primal, we could have a new forme or Lugia. Something like a "Deep Sea" forme. This new form could be Water/Flying or Water/Psychic instead of the traditional typing to emphasize the link to the ocean.
      I love the Water-type Deep Sea forme idea. Though I agree with gimmepie that by having the bird trio mega evolve, their BST would match Lugia's, so perhaps Lugia should get a boost as well.

Old October 8th, 2016 (10:10 AM).

Nature: Relaxed
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by Christos View Post
      I love the Water-type Deep Sea forme idea. Though I agree with gimmepie that by having the bird trio mega evolve, their BST would match Lugia's, so perhaps Lugia should get a boost as well.
      We could switch Lugia's existing stats up a bit. I mean it's already got a BST of 680, which is already one of the highest.

Current stats:
      HP: 106
      Atk: 90
      Def: 130
      Sp. Atk: 90
      Sp. Def: 154
      Spd: 110

One possibility for a Deep Sea forme:
      HP: 106
      Def: 110
      Sp. Atk: 130
      Sp. Def: 154
      Spd: 90

Or if we want to actually power it up then:
      HP: 110
      Def: 150
      Sp. Atk: 160
      Sp. Def: 180
      Spd: 90

This last one would put it a total 780 which is the same as Primal Kyogre/Groudon.

The idea for these changes is keeping the same powerful defenses Lugia already has, but instead the speed is changed for a high Sp. Attack, which I think suits the theme of it being less of a flying Pokémon and now a force of nature/the ocean.
      Old October 8th, 2016 (10:17 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by Koakuma View Post
      We could switch Lugia's existing stats up a bit. I mean it's already got a BST of 680, which is already one of the highest.

This last one would put it a total 780 which is the same as Primal Kyogre/Groudon.

The idea for these changes is keeping the same powerful defenses Lugia already has, but instead the speed is changed for a high Sp. Attack, which I think suits the theme of it being less of a flying Pokémon and now a force of nature/the ocean.
      I actually don't mind Lugia keeping its BST, as long as it's more powerful than the bird trio in practice. Though as the game's main legendary, 780 isn't bad since the weather trio primals/mega already have that many.

Old October 9th, 2016 (1:01 AM).
      Island Kahuna

Nature: Modest
        I like the idea of having a mega evolution for the birds, but I think we need to add more to that idea. Why is it the birds suddenly get this power boost? Obviously that's due to them rampaging, but why can the player mega-evolve them? I think we should go down the route of shaymin/weather trio based evolution. The tablets can be kept in the bag and can 'evolve' each bird respectively. Or perhaps we should do it that the bird will be in that form with/without Lugia in the party (makes sense because their 'leader' is there/missing). I just think mega evolution is a little odd for them and where would the mega stones even come from?

Lugia should get a primal/different form, but that doesn't mean we have to include Ho-Oh in the game with its own new form. The story has nothing to do with Ho-Oh so there's no reason why it even needs to be in the game.

The terrain abilities for the birds would be really good like gimmepie suggested. It gives them something unique and isn't so useless as the weather based abilities. I actually think Lugia should get Primordial Sea as its ability too. It makes sense, doesn't it?
        Old October 9th, 2016 (5:32 PM).
        Random Uruguayan User

Nature: Lonely
          Quote:
          Originally Posted by Zervais View Post
          Why is it the birds suddenly get this power boost? Obviously that's due to them rampaging, but why can the player mega-evolve them?
          Maybe once the Player finds these.. tablets, s/he remembers something related to her/is mother's research?

Quote:
          Or perhaps we should do it that the bird will be in that form with/without Lugia in the party (makes sense because their 'leader' is there/missing).
          That sounds as if the birds depends their Mega Evolution on Lugia itself instead of the tablets, I don't like that to be honest.

Quote:
          I just think mega evolution is a little odd for them and where would the mega stones even come from?
          "According to Professor Sycamore, Mega Stones are the results of Evolutionary stones being irradiated by the power of the Legendary Pokémon Xerneas or Yveltal. In Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, it has been revealed that Mega Stones are also periodically created from meteorites that fall down from the sky in a form of green light."
          Source: Bulbapedia.

Now, this does sounds cheap, but Fire, Water and Thunder Stones being infused with the birds' power would work fairly well to replicate X/Y's explanation.
          Old October 10th, 2016 (2:12 AM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Lunos View Post
          Now, this does sounds cheap, but Fire, Water and Thunder Stones being infused with the birds' power would work fairly well to replicate X/Y's explanation.
          Makes sense to me.
          Old October 10th, 2016 (3:48 AM).
          Master of the Elements

Nature: Naughty
          What about aura moves that boost the power of their main STAB moves like Xerneas and Yveltal? Ice Aura, Thunder Aura and Fire Aura.

And I prefer an alt forme like Christos suggested for Lugia. We could always give it Aura Break if we went with the aura abilities.

M-Articuno
          90|85|120|125|145|115

M-Zapdos
          90|100|85|155|100|150

M-Moltres
          90|100|100|165|105|120

Potential stat growths?
          Old October 10th, 2016 (7:18 PM).

I like the Snow Warning/Drizzle/Drought thing since Legendary Bird lore already implies they do that and let's face it legendary megas are going to smash this game's balance in two anyway.

But even with that fact said Primal/Mega/Atlantean/Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum Lugia shouldn't be move based. Maybe have a special stone in the Dive part that gets talked about around here or repurpose the Tidal Bell
            Old October 10th, 2016 (7:28 PM).
            WHOLLY MOLEY

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Angry_Bird404 View Post
            I like the Snow Warning/Drizzle/Drought thing since Legendary Bird lore already implies they do that and let's face it legendary megas are going to smash this game's balance in two anyway.

But even with that fact said Primal/Mega/Atlantean/Synchro/Xyz/Pendulum Lugia shouldn't be move based. Maybe have a special stone in the Dive part that gets talked about around here or repurpose the Tidal Bell
            lmao

Yeah, I agree with the weather abilities. Maybe Silver Wing could also work as an evolution item, we could even design Primal/Mega/Fusion/Ritual Lugia off of the Silver Wing design. I'm not completely against move-based evolution either but I don't see how it would work since we'd probably have to make a new move for it (or work around the logic of Aeroblast never mega-evolving Lugia before).
            Old October 10th, 2016 (10:36 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by 5qwerty View Post
            lmao

Yeah, I agree with the weather abilities. Maybe Silver Wing could also work as an evolution item, we could even design Primal/Mega/Fusion/Ritual Lugia off of the Silver Wing design. I'm not completely against move-based evolution either but I don't see how it would work since we'd probably have to make a new move for it (or work around the logic of Aeroblast never mega-evolving Lugia before).
            +1 on the Silver Wing

Quick Reply