The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games ROM Hacks Studio PokéCommunity ROM Hack Planning
Graphics Introduction Sequence

Planning Where all the hard work happens. Got an idea? You don't have to be part of the team to share it with us.

Old October 8th, 2016 (5:46 AM).
Resident ASMAGICIAN

Now that the plot outline is nearing completion, I thought it would be a good time to talk about the introduction sequence. Most hacks only bother with a custom titlescreen, but we have the ability to completely overhaul the entire sequence.

I think we should have the introduction movie (the Nidoran and Gengar thing) replaced with a smallish cutscene that alludes to the main plot points, shows off some of the region and introduces the main characters.

It could go something like this:
    • Pokecommunity presents...
    • Cool shot of the the region, maybe some of the islands
    • Show the tablets, and intersperse it with the silhouetted birds flying by and some weather effects.
    • Big image of lugia rising up, silhouetted, only eyes visible (like the orginal silver titlescreen, but front on)
    • Show man in suit (with his face hidden) throwing master ball up and down in his hand
    • Now maybe we cut to showcasing some of the maps (like platinum) with the main character art overlayed. We can show the mom, the rival, and the two player character choices here.

Ideally we'd be able to find someone who can compose music for this sequence so that we can time key points in the song with the different parts of the sequence, but I don't know if we have anyone on the team capable of doing that.

Let's start some discussion here about this sequence, and hopefully we can get some storyboard thing going. Maybe we can also get a character design for the dad going?

A Pokemon that is discriminated!
    Support squirtle and make it everyone's favourite.
    Old October 21st, 2016 (11:33 AM).

I forgot to comment on this, but yeah!
    Larger art like that to slideshow the way they do in the normal game's introduction, I can do that. Obv we'll still need music etc, but I like it. I can make a storyboard eventually.

Dad design I didn't have much on, but obviously since the Professor Mom is currently brown haired, the Dad needs to be blonde because children.

Quick Reply