• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: POKEMON: Dark Rising

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
I've got a question -- not sure if it has been answered. The EvolutionList.txt is missing the evolution guide for Roggenrola to Gigalith (only attainable via trade). What level/stone is required?

Sorry about that, thanks for notifying me, I'll update it right away. It evolves into Boldore at lv.27 and then Gigalith at Lv.40

Years
I meant that as it is on Lv 36 He might have missed learning any move previously. Does it learns Drain Punch and Brick Break by leveling up or through TMs?

By the way I was very busy and for that got no chance for the walk through which is still till 3rd gym. Damn there is so much stuff to right it drains my energy a lot..:sleeping:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
Expect an update this Sunday Night. Since it'll be my first update since coming to the hack showcase, expect it to be a big one. It'll also be the last update for DR2 I'll be posting on this thread as I'll be starting a thread for it sometime next month. A lot of work has been put in it and it's coming out very good. Along with that, I'll be showing some really nice shots of how the updated Dark Rising 1.5 is coming along as well so expect an update on both hacks.

Years
  • Seen Feb 20, 2017
i have a question why does my pokemon dark rising beta 1 does not have any wild pokemon.....:( ...i've search grass...try using old rod but i dont catch any pokemon so my only pokemon is garachomp,murna,and gyarados the one that i buy....whats wrong with my rom? please help me i really like to play your game badly!!

where can i download the beta 2, i've finish battling evil pete now.where can download the game please help me :D

Last edited:

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years
i have a question why does my pokemon dark rising beta 1 does not have any wild pokemon.....:( ...i've search grass...try using old rod but i dont catch any pokemon so my only pokemon is garachomp,murna,and gyarados the one that i buy....whats wrong with my rom? please help me i really like to play your game badly!!

where can i download the beta 2, i've finish battling evil pete now.where can download the game please help me :D

You can download the ips from the first post on this thread. It's the completed hack. Make sure it's patched to a Clean New Fire Red Rom.

Years
I battled a Gamer on Grass Isle and he had this team. Boy I was very surprised to see so much level difference..
25p0dir.jpg
xdrsdk.jpg

Clearify please and I am most looking forward for your Sunday's update and a brand new Thread.:D

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
well, he had never won before. thats why lol.

dark rising in hack showcase! looking fwd to more updates from your next dark rising

Years
  • Seen Jun 28, 2017
Don't open it directly from the archive. You are suppose to extract it outside and patch it using Lunar IPS. You also need a clean Fire Red rom.

Iam new here is there a tutorial?

oh nvm is the hack complete?

Last edited:

4thGenAce:D

I don't live by my name...
Years
Iam new here is there a tutorial?

oh nvm is the hack complete?

I can teach you how to use .ips files. You can PM me on the matter..
And yes, the hack is complete. :DD

BTW, Is it Sunday there at your country DRG? I'm from the Philippines and It's already 12:33 here.. Sunday BTW. I'm waiting for the updates of DR 1, 1.5, and 2.

More power!

Leafgreen2itsmyidea

Pokémon Master
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2013
Pokemon Dark Rising Review

Storyline 82%: Good, fun events,sometimes boring but it's okay the plots sometimes are a bit out of order
But the main-story is very good

Mapping 90%: Very good maps and cities,almost no tiles errors or map errors but there are a few bugs where you can walk throught houses and other stuff

Graphics 58%: Sorry but the pallettes are boring and have bad colors and the tiles are also boring and some buildings look ugly

Gameplay 96%: A shot in the rose my friend; I have really enjoyed your hack and it is sometimes so fun to play for me in some gameplay aspects it's better than Light Platinum. The fun events and altered plots and dialogues are so much fun

Engagingness 86% : you really keep playing this when you once played it and the main plot is engaging

Scripting 98%: Yeah no words for it the scripting is so good even better than light platinum's

Overall Score 86%

Years
  • Seen Nov 26, 2015
I tried to download final version but i heard that new updated version will be released today. so I'ill just wait for it and play the the most latest one.

Years
  • Seen Dec 25, 2013
Such a great hack, and I'm still pretty early in the game. The level increase of the opponents is a bit steep, but i don't mind training and good old fashioned grinding ;) Taking me FOREVER to find a squirtle in water cavern, starting to think there are no squirtles here anymore :( darn 1% encounter rate haha didn't take me this long to find cyndaquil. so far i've started with gible which is now a gabite, caught a zubat that will become a crobat [and my poison pain in the butt for my opponents ;)], got a quilava, and i aim to get a squirtle, ralts (gallade, sort of my signature) and i haven't decided my final pokemon, any suggestions? Anyways, GREAT hack DRG, and, depending on how long it takes you to complete and how much more info comes out, have you considered adding the gen 6 starters/legendaries to part 2? obviously it would depend on info on their second and final evolutions and sprites that you can actually use for them becoming available, but it would be cool and tie into the "new region" in part 2 well, just a thought :)

EDIT: Also, i enjoy trying to recognize which pokemon you replaced with sprites from gen 4 and on based on the sound they make, reminds me of "who's that pokemon?!" on the tv show haha so far the ones that have stood out for me are buizel (replaced hoot-hoot) and tynamo (replaced spinda). tynamo is especially funny because the game still generates random spots on tynamo like it normally does for spinda haha.

Last edited:
Back