• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Gender Identity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabri

m8
Years
ol' boring cis white heterosexual male

aka any thoughts or opinions of mine on these kinds of subjects are automatically invalid and ridiculed

Last edited:

Star Arcana

Hope springs eternal
Years
Cis female

Gender identity hasn't really been an issue for me, there are times where I've said I wished I could be a dude, but I feel my assigned gender is correct. I think I have bi leanings, but am far more hetero, so I just tend to associate myself that way. Though, in my opinion, sexuality is more of a spectrum then just ladies, gents, both equally, and maybe one or two other possibilities.

Cariad

world.search(you);
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Oct 25, 2023
explored my gender identity a lot when i was younger. i identified as nonbinary for awhile, then explored presenting as entirely masculine, then tried a bit of all three together but now i'm happily settled on my gender assigned at birth so yeah, cis female.

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
I started in a young age to say that if I could choose a sex at birth I would choose male since it seems easier for them (in my child mind). But hey, I am born a female and I identify as female, I don't feel like I shouldn't be a female.

I am against stereotypes associated with both genders. I am a woman, I identify as a woman, but if I want to buy man shoes (because we, females, have to wear incredibly stupid, uncomfortable, weirdly shaped clothes and woman shoes don't fit my weird feets), let me buy those man shoes. Some days I wear almost only man clothes, but that doesn't mean I don't feel like a woman, it's only clothes.

User19sq

Everyone goes through that phase when they question who and what they are; if you didn't, then you're too fucking privileged to have thoughts of any kind. But the point is: I never let this define me nor anyone around me. I'd rather define people for other, more interesting qualities. Because everyone has a gender identity, but only a few good people can achieve amazing things. I wish I were one of them.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I am non-binary. I feel particularly swayed one way mentally, yet often present the other way. I think not being able to place a solid declaration on such a thing took its toll on me for years and I've only been able to grasp it in recent times. Non-binary just suits me, if I have to find a label for myself.

string555

Banned
Years
Cis male, but I'm pretty sure that nobody is 100% male or 100% female. I think we probably all get qualities from each different gender, either genetically, and or from being influenced by people of either gender.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I never questioned whether I was a girl or not, but I was never really feminine either. Even today, when my group of girl friends sit around and talk about their fancy diets and make up shopping, I tell them I spent my whole weekend playing video games and watching science fiction. Luckily they still love me for who I am lmao. I want to live in a world like that, where it's ok for me to be whatever I want, feminine or masculine or whatever, and still be called a girl.

If I think about it... maybe this means that I don't really care about "gender"? Am I uh, genderless? Gender: none, Sex: female. Honest question, is this what genderless can mean? Or can I be female gender despite not being very feminine, simply because I happen to use female pronouns?

Last edited:

Melody

Banned
Years
Genderfluid/Genderflux, with a strong feminine bias. Yes this puts me perilously close to being binary trans entirely, but not quite, as some states are either mildly masculine or absolutely agender. Compound that with being pansexual and a bit sappy and you have me.

I can love anyone if they're the right kind of person as a personality. My gender shifts daily, sometimes more depending on my mood, partner and those in proximity. Welcome to my life; A touch of Chaos, with a side of Discord.

At my current mental state, I've accepted that my identity may *never* settle, or it may settle tomorrow or ten years from now. Some days I wake up, and I'm some point where I can think nothing of my gender. Other days I wake up and wish with all my soul I were female.

Of course, being where I am still means being low key is essential to survival, and that hurts. But that doesn't make me any less of a woman or lady in my heart of hearts. I hope with all my strength that get a chance to live as myself unedited completely someday.

I have stopped hating myself for having male or female days. Those are just part of me. Just as the days where I dont have any gender. The feminine days are about 75-80% of the time and have been since my childhood, I was just too passive to assert it until I got older and learned what exactly I was.

I do stress sometimes about not being feminine enough. That hurts too. Because I have days where I cant simply express enough how feminine I feel, it's a terrible hit to me. Then my fluidity kicks in and I slide the other way, or deeper into it.

In the past I thought I was bigendered or multiple genders at once. But that was just how younger me coped. It wasn't the right way. Gender roles, rules and guidelines be damned. I am me. A unique, adaptive, fluid, flexible and loving being.

Pronoun sets that are acceptable are "She"(first) and "They"(second).

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I never questioned whether I was a girl or not, but I was never really feminine either. Even today, when my group of girl friends sit around and talk about their fancy diets and make up shopping, I tell them I spent my whole weekend playing video games and watching science fiction. Luckily they still love me for who I am lmao. I want to live in a world like that, where it's ok for me to be whatever I want, feminine or masculine or whatever, and still be called a girl.

If I think about it... maybe this means that I don't really care about "gender"? Am I uh, genderless? Gender: none, Sex: female. Honest question, is this what genderless can mean? Or can I be female gender despite not being very feminine, simply because I happen to use female pronouns?

That's called agender. It means you don't identify w/any gender. There's also a term known as demigirl which is where you identify somewhere between non-binary and female. But I'm not an expert, so please don't quote me on this.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
That's called agender. It means you don't identify w/any gender. There's also a term known as demigirl which is where you identify somewhere between non-binary and female. But I'm not an expert, so please don't quote me on this.
Interesting, thank you for the insight anyways.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 22, 2024
Not to be rude but this is something I genuinely don't understand because I don't know a lot about gender studies and whatnot - the traits and activities Rika mentioned don't seem to be part of a gender, are they? A lot of the "makeup is a girly thing" or "boys play video games" stereotypes are very much socially constructed ideas - just because you like makeup it doesn't necessarily mean you identify as a female, and similarly, just because you play video games it doesn't mean you identify as male; I don't see them as gender-specific hobbies.

I would think what makes your gender is how you feel inside, not what your hobbies and interests are - you don't have to be 100% "girly" to identify as female. Where is the line between just "these are the things that I like even if it's not traditionally part of my gender role" and "this makes me agender/non-binary"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back