• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen Favorite 1st Gen Pokemon?

MirraJade

Kimono Girl
Years
I would have to choose Zapdos back when I first played blue and I caught It I thought it was the coolest thing plus it got me though some tough battles

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
Years
#1 to Flareon

Flareon and Ninetales are my top favorite Pokemon of the 1st gen

Main reason is that they are based on my most favorite animal, Fox

I also love Eeveelutions so much so Flareon narrowly takes my vote for most favorite Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
as soon as i saw the thread title i said to myself "please not charizard in the first post" and as the thread loaded it went to someone's post saying charizard lol

my favorite first gen pokemon and actually favorite pokemon of all is bellsprout. i really love nature and just natural things in general. any kind of plant taking on a more animated form is really appealing for me and i think bellsprout takes that form on in the most simplistic way.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Jolteon! There are a lot of gen I Pokemon I really love, but Jolteon is by far my favorite. :) When I was a kid though, Eevee was my favorite and my favorite Eeveelution was Flareon. I don't really know when or why I started to prefer Jolteon, but it just...happened, haha.

Some other favorites include Charizard (shush), Venonat, Parasect, Ditto, Chansey, Articuno...maybe it's easier to just tell you what I don't like, now that I think about it.

Crizzle

Legend
Years
  • Age 29
  • USA
  • Seen Jan 7, 2024
There are too many to list. I could make an argument for 60+ Gen I pokes. But for me, I'll just pick Sandslash(or Pikachu, Or Moltres, or Squirtle or Charizard Or...)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 31, 2016
Magmar was by far my favourite now and as a kid. He was the man. Fire punch FTW!

Years
Flareth. Soon the world would see just why an evolving Flareon was totally amazing.

Other than that, though, probably Zubat, if Mewtwo and such are excluded. Magnemite and the Gastly line could be decent, although their poison-type could be a distraction, though their ghost-form in the tower was at least the most efficient, while Magmar and Ditto are also worth a mention. Zubat is annoying and cool.

Goatman56

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 21, 2019
That's such a hard question because I have so many. But I generally find myself favoring weak useless Pokemon like Caterpie or Magikarp. Don't know why, I think I just love the underdog.

Years
It may be a bit weird but I actually liked Pidgeot a lot. You got Pidgey early on, it was easy to evolve and it was always my main Flyer.

Later-game, I'd say Magneton (I found a machine-like Pokémon pretty cool, after spending a bunch of the game just seeing 'natural' Pokémon) or Tauros, because it was the last Pokémon I caught to complete the Pokédex.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 25, 2016
I really love Butterfree. Caterpie is the first Pokemon I ever caught, so its line has a special place in my heart. I catch and train one whenever I can in games - and I hope to catch one with Pokemon GO, too.
Honorable mentions are Tentacruel and Gyarados - awesome and easy catches in every Nuzlocke.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 23, 2019
Articuno was one of my favorites, and he was a force to be reckoned with too. Then gen 2 came along, nerfed blizzard to oblivion, made ice attacks not effective against fire types. I loved gen 2, but it didnt do everything well.

JJ Styles

The Phenomenal Darling
Years
  • Age 35
  • NCR
  • Seen Nov 11, 2019
Snorlax. This thing abused Gen 1 to its fullest. And heck, even if i didn't talk about the gameplay mechanics of thsi gen, i'd still say its my favorite pokemon from this gen and region. I remember the first time getting said beast. It was quite the challenge as a kid, especially when that time, i had no idea on what I was doing.

Gyarados. Magikarp power? Hell yes. I remember how surprised i was when i got my useless magikarp evolving into this serpentine beast that had a rather vicious look on its face. Well obviously Gyarados in this gen wasn't a powerhouse because of the primitive gameplay mechanics back then, but at least my party looked cool with it around.

Dragonite. Remembering Lance's signature monster? Hell yeah. And getting one myself? Hell yes! There's the thing about Dragonite that really makes him so appealing, like starting out as a tame looking dratini, then growing into an interesting looking Dragonair, several levels later BAM it its you on the face. DRAGONITE! PIMPNITE!!

Rukario

Banned
Years
latest
latest
latest

latest

Back