CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.4 Years
Having claimed and put a "Keep Out!" signboard nearby the lake he's staying idly at, Cuddles felt uncomfortably uneasy for a while now.
Not because being felled by a stray fire had done him any bad, but what just came out to be a letter delivered from his hometown, is quite outrageous to comprehend for him.

"...I can't just say I got invited to a tea party out of nowhere, do I?" Cuddles pondered a moment to consider. Part of him don't want to leave the exploration team just yet, nor drag them into the whole mess his country is having, but on the other hand, he must answer the urgency from Marina as well as reuniting with his twin brothers, who are forcibly drafted into a dispute against--once powerful friends, now formidable enemies--Oceania. The decision lies in him, though his answer is clear, he has to speak of it firsthand to Lycario.

--

Meanwhile...
Cuddles forgot how to use Astonish.
And... Cuddles learned Mist! Perhaps this can be very helpful for the next predicament.

Sitrus Berries sure look pretty tempting for Cuddles with his high HP, though the other berries have their own niche, they may not get used up at all, I think. But surely, we can find a way around to that anyway.
Instead, I'm interested with the juice stand thing which is literally cutting our current funds into half. Who knows, maybe we legit can craft things like poisonous juice with it.
So no Brine? Against wounded enemies, it’s power increases so it’s a good finishing move. It’s accuracy is also 100% so it’s more likely to hit than Whirlpool. Just something to consider is all I’m saying.

@Everyone: So what are your thoughts on Rock Smash? That along with Alex evolving puts us at 6850. We can get a lot with that, including the Storage system(where our storage is limitless).
Seen January 10th, 2019
Posted December 1st, 2018
41 posts
1.2 Years
The berry packs seem like the best way to prevent as many faints as possible.
With the group splitting into two on the upcoming maps. Doing our best to prevent that seems like the best idea to me.

I don't really have an opinion on rock smash.
Should probably have the move ready to be learned should we need it.

Oh and hi everyone.

Currently raising -

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.4 Years
Well assuming my efforts pay off(and I believe they have), I believe I have a willing volunteer for the move Rock Smash. Target will gain STAB from it too but does anyone else want to learn the Fighting Type move? Brewmaster has a point regarding the Berry pack but having Berries isn’t a guarantee to prevent KO’s. A player can be at full HP and be ganged up on and KO’d before they can even use it. I’d get the pack for the Leppa Berries since as we split up means more enemies for us to eliminate. More enemies means more PP usage.

HyperMorian

Further From Home

Age 19
Male
Entralink
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted August 4th, 2019
3,080 posts
3.2 Years
So no Brine? Against wounded enemies, it’s power increases so it’s a good finishing move. It’s accuracy is also 100% so it’s more likely to hit than Whirlpool. Just something to consider is all I’m saying.
On second thought, you're right. We don't have anything like Reposition to put Cuddles away from harm anyway, so I believe it's safe to ditch Whirlpool for Brine.

Therefore, I've updated the change. More power is good.
VPP: Darmanitan @ Level 100: 3,132

NOTE: It's just a game in PokéTrivia. While you're at it, why not try coming in here to post?

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.4 Years
With the unusually absolute lack of any notable civilizations in FTE universe, and how the upper paragraph being 99% flavor text, I guess I can say: why not? Since Lycan did say there's a chance he'll dry out of inspirations, it does look appropriate to give out input in many forms possible. (Though, fighting an entire city would mean warring against an army. That might be too much for everyone at their current level.)
When I get Flamethrower, I say bring it on muwhahaha. Going to slay them three at a time... Just request they be Snover's or Pokemon with x4 weakness to Fire(like Alolan Sandshrew's) and that they line up on a silver platter(which isn't easy to do).

TailsMK4

Age 29
Male
Texas
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
489 posts
1.4 Years
If the Rock Smash HM is going to be purchased, I'd like to borrow the HM to replace Rollout with Rock Smash. I like Rollout as a move, but the battles here tend to resolve themselves in 10-20 rounds, and I'd like to not have my move locked for a third or half of the battle. Rock Smash allows me to still have an attacking move with infinite PP, meaning that I won't need Leppa Berries to still help out on the field.

So, for Coral:

Replace Rollout with Rock Smash and Helping Hand with Play Rough, and Coral will stand in front of Dusk and Dawn to evolve.
Current VPP: (to be turned into a Leafeon later) --------------- Fire Type Emblem Character: Coral

LilyGardy

Lilligant Trainer

Female
Celadon Gym
Online now
Posted 1 Day Ago
4,201 posts
4.3 Years
Lily: Whilst Stun Spore is a useful move, I think Sleep Powder is more helpful for the team and was very useful in the last battle.

Having a Sun Stone for me to evolve will be very useful but ut is too early for me to evolve right now.

Lily buys a Sun Stone to use for later
Currently writing - The Rose of Team Magma

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
10,525 posts
6.2 Years
For now I’ll replace Growl with Secret Power and leave Attract out. Still though, I think Susato can be a good tank for the cast because she has more HP, Def and SpDef than most of them, do I don’t think it’s that bad if you guys used her to sponge a few hits here and there if you need em’.

Maybe I should get a Berry too? Perhaps a Sitrus Berry or Leppa Berry for drawn out fights?

MysticalNinetales

Age 18
Female
Canada
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
601 posts
1.9 Years
Priscilla will replace Growl with Swift and Spark with Electro Ball!

Also, I think purchasing the Berry pack would be incredibly beneficial to our team. Who knows how powerful our next opponents will be? I have an inclination that the next round will be a challenge and we should prioritize keeping our team members healthy and able to fight efficiently!

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.4 Years
If we get the Berry Pack and Rock Smash HM, that along with Evolution Stones(Alex for sure, possibly more if not for later use) leaves us with at most 4750(less if we buy more Evolution Stones). Therefore, if we intend to buy more, we can either get the Porygon storage system(which allows us to basically grab whatever we want without fear of running out of room. Beneficial if you think about it), Move Relearner(apparently he stays with us for awhile until we use it. Granted I can't think of a situation where we will need it) or the Juice Bar(I have no idea what benefit that provides... Lycan might have to elaborate on that one. If its anything like Full Restores, Max Potions or Ethers(which restore PP), it may be a better buy than the Berry packs.

At bare minimum though, we're buying the Rock Smash HM and the Dusk Ribbon so Alex can evolve into Umbreon. That places us at 6850. If we buy a Sun Stone and Fire Stone for later use, that's another 200 or 6650. Meta says he doesn't want to evolve into Scizor but that's 160 right if he changes his mind. Linus evolving is another 150(again if he opts to do so).

To summarize, we can buy a multitude of things but if we buy a big ticket item, we can't get much more than that. Keep comments coming and maybe we can do a vote on what we want to do.

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 22
Male
That place called... Wait, what was it called again?
Seen October 8th, 2019
Posted October 8th, 2019
10,789 posts
5.8 Years
If we get the Berry Pack and Rock Smash HM, that along with Evolution Stones(Alex for sure, possibly more if not for later use) leaves us with at most 4750(less if we buy more Evolution Stones). Therefore, if we intend to buy more, we can either get the Porygon storage system(which allows us to basically grab whatever we want without fear of running out of room. Beneficial if you think about it), Move Relearner(apparently he stays with us for awhile until we use it. Granted I can't think of a situation where we will need it) or the Juice Bar(I have no idea what benefit that provides... Lycan might have to elaborate on that one. If its anything like Full Restores, Max Potions or Ethers(which restore PP), it may be a better buy than the Berry packs.
Who knows? It might be. Why don't you hire Shuckle and find out? *mysterious laughter*

Also, if you hire Slowbro he will stay with you for the rest of the game.

Having claimed and put a "Keep Out!" signboard nearby the lake he's staying idly at, Cuddles felt uncomfortably uneasy for a while now.
Not because being felled by a stray fire had done him any bad, but what just came out to be a letter delivered from his hometown, is quite outrageous to comprehend for him.

"...I can't just say I got invited to a tea party out of nowhere, do I?" Cuddles pondered a moment to consider. Part of him don't want to leave the exploration team just yet, nor drag them into the whole mess his country is having, but on the other hand, he must answer the urgency from Marina as well as reuniting with his twin brothers, who are forcibly drafted into a dispute against--once powerful friends, now formidable enemies--Oceania. The decision lies in him, though his answer is clear, he has to speak of it firsthand to Lycario.
Hmmmmmm... I sense some sidequest material right here.

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 22
Male
Seen October 8th, 2019
Posted October 8th, 2019
10,789 posts
5.8 Years
Mozilla interacts with NPC's: "Why were you in the Swamp in the first place?"
"I go wherever my nose for business takes me. And right here is where it took me! So about this Rock Smash HM you were looking at..."

"I was born and raised here.
Oh I see what you're after... Well, if Mummy Goodra and Daddy Goodra love each other very much..."

"We used to travel in an adventuring party much like yours. The leader of the company, the famed Explorer Garchomp, was driven mad by the obsession of an artifact he was looking for. His methods to locate it are... cruel."

"We couldn't stay, so we ran in the night, without any sense of direction.
Then we saw two flickering lights, that seemed willing to guide us!"

"Instead, the lights belonged to a pair of Litwick that only lured us deeper into the murky soil.
The rest is history."

"And then you saved us, and here we are!"

You didn't specify which NPC you were asking to, so here's a reply for all of them. :p

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.4 Years
Who knows? It might be. Why don't you hire Shuckle and find out? *mysterious laughter*

Also, if you hire Slowbro he will stay with you for the rest of the game.

Hmmmmmm... I sense some sidequest material right here.
Hmm good to know regarding Slowbro. Thing is, do we have a use for "relearning" moves right now? My answer is a no. Therefore, that pretty much narrows our buy list to Rock Smash + one of the following:

1) Porygon Storage System. Allows us to pretty much grab whatever loot is on the ground and hoard as many berries as we want. Storage capacity knows no limits!! One time cost of 3500 Poke.

2) Expert Berry Pack. Yields quite a few useful Berries, although many of those that we got to start the game or from the Ice Cream Get Together Event haven't even been used yet. Furthermore, three of us can self-replenish HP(Lily, Krakonos, Freesia) plus Rinnia's two Heal Pulses. In terms of priority, it might be worth looking into but Option#3 might trump that.

3) Juice Bar. Not sure how long he will be with us or how much we can use him, but something tells me he provides replenishing drinks that act just like Berries. Meaning rather than loading ourselves down with Berries, we can plop down 4k Poke for his services. Is it a possibility that I could be wrong and basically flush 4k down the swamp hole? Possibly but its an intriguing buy to say the least. For all we know his Juices also temporarily buff our stats.

Feel free to vote for what Option you want. The options at our disposal are Option 1, 2 or 3, Option 1 and 2 or Option 2 and 3. Vote accordingly.

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.4 Years
Any suggestions for learning Will-o-Wisp and Ominous Wind? Can I just learn them without forgetting anything?
Alas, you know the drill. A Pokemon may only know 4 moves. You presently know Disable, Night Shade, Hex and Haze. Will-O-Wisp's accuracy is 85% and would only be useful as set-up for doubling the power of Hex the following turn. Better to rely on other's to apply a status condition for Hex, hence I'd pass on Will-O-Wisp. As for Ominous Wind, it's a strong Ghost move with the possibility of boosting your stats. Disable has its uses, while Haze resets all stat changes(good and bad). Of your existing moves, Haze would be the one to go for Ominous Wind.

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 12 Hours Ago
Posted 12 Hours Ago
Any suggestions for learning Will-o-Wisp and Ominous Wind? Can I just learn them without forgetting anything?
It's probably gonna be like in the actual Pokemon games where you can only know so many moves at a time. Buying the move re-learner alleviates the issue of forgetting a move you potentially may want later.

Will-o-wisp is certainly worth learning though, as reducing an enemy's attack (or it's physical attack anyway) is good to have, and it synergizes with your Hex.
paired to a bottle of booze

Hyzenthlay

on limited activity until December !

Castle of the Crystal
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
3) Juice Bar. Not sure how long he will be with us or how much we can use him, but something tells me he provides replenishing drinks that act just like Berries. Meaning rather than loading ourselves down with Berries, we can plop down 4k Poke for his services. Is it a possibility that I could be wrong and basically flush 4k down the swamp hole? Possibly but its an intriguing buy to say the least. For all we know his Juices also temporarily buff our stats.

Feel free to vote for what Option you want. The options at our disposal are Option 1, 2 or 3, Option 1 and 2 or Option 2 and 3. Vote accordingly.
In Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, there's a place called Spinda's Juice Bar, where you hand over edible items such as berries in order to gain certain stat boosts from Spinda's drink (though depending on the item, you might not get any boosts at all). It's really neat but I'm not sure if Lycan's version works in the same way. :p I mean, it says Shuckle serves you a glass of juice "right on the battlefield". Curious!

But the Berry Expert Pack is less pricey and those Sitrus Berries should prove effective, so I'm gonna vote Option 2!

Oh, and I'll hold off on evolution for now—but next time, who knows!
paired with Distant

Lycanthropy

Owl + Bear =
Owlbear

Age 22
Male
Seen October 8th, 2019
Posted October 8th, 2019
10,789 posts
5.8 Years
In Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky, there's a place called Spinda's Juice Bar, where you hand over edible items such as berries in order to gain certain stat boosts from Spinda's drink (though depending on the item, you might not get any boosts at all). It's really neat but I'm not sure if Lycan's version works in the same way. :p I mean, it says Shuckle serves you a glass of juice "right on the battlefield". Curious!
Oh right, somehow I completely forgot that Juice Bar exists lmao. (Might be because it's not present in EoD which I played.)

ALSO HAVE YOU PEOPLE SEEN THE FABULOUS NEW THREAD PREFIX? :D

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.4 Years
Hmm I’m curious Lycan but you wouldn’t be basing Shuckle’s Juice Bar after the Juice Bar in PMD Exlorers of Sky? sniped by Clover because I’ve spent the last hour typing the following. In that particular Juice Bar, drinks would boost stats, including HP. Just wondering if we have to utilize our own ingredients or that they come with the 4K Poke cost. You know... I think we can forego the Storage system for one more round. I think we should buy an Expert Berry Pack for 2100 Poke and hire Shuckle’s Juice Bar for 4000 Poke or Options 2 and 3. Tack on Rock Smash and Dusk Ribbon comes to 7750 Poke, leaving us with 750 Poke. If the Juice Bar turns out to be a waste, I’ll abstain from future Poke decisions.

Here’s who should get the Berries, along with the loot we got last battle:

Spoiler:
Mozilla: I’m not taking anything from Expert Pack. I got two items already equipped, Ice Cream and a Pecha Berry. Hence I’m good for now even though I typically find myself in predicaments over my HP.

Alex: Keep Luminous Moss equipped and grab one of the Sitrus Berries(4 left) from the Expert Pack. Thanks to your move Refresh, you won’t need Pecha or Cherri Berries. Not sure if you can use Chesto Berries when asleep though. Don’t think you need a Leppa Berry since your only move with PP is Swift.

Lily: Equip the Big Root from Rinnia. This will buff your Absorb move with regards to recovering life. You still have a use of Suspicious Ice Cream left but what makes you deadly is your use of Magical Leaf and Sleep Powder. Therefore, take a Leppa Berry from the Expert Berry Pack so that you can replenish either move for the next battle.

Mercy: You already have Pecha and Persim Berries so take a Cheri Berry(1 left) to cover Paralysis. Shadow Sneak is unlimited use so you don’t need a Leppa Berry and take a Sitrus Berry(3 left) so you can recover some HP. You still have 3 Sticks left so you have the option to sell them or keep them for future use.

Elwind: Already have a Lum Berry so take a Pecha Berry(1 left) and Cheri Berry(none left) to cover Status ailments. Since you’re prone to taking damage and are a high value target, take the Mago Berry that will replenish half of your HP. You still have three Poison Spikes so either sell them or save them for when we face Fairy Type Pokemon.

Krakonos: With two Escape Orb’s and the Cut HM, I’d sell the Cut HM if no one else is going to use it. Due to your Truant ability, it’s rare for you to use an attack, much less an item. If I could, I’d trade those orb’s for another Dynamite but it doesn’t appear to be on the menu. Slack-off removes need for Berries and as for Status remedies, I think we can get by without them.

Felix: Your inventory is quite full and you have an Oran Berry that you’ve yet to use. Tack on Suspicious Ice Cream, Sticks and that Jetpack and I can’t justify giving items from Berry Pack.

Cuddles: Take Sliggoo’s Mystic Water from Nah and equip it. This will boost your Water moves by 15%, making you that much more deadly. With nothing in your inventory(despite what it says on page 1 since you gave your Oran Berry to Dawn), I think a Pecha Berry(none left), Chesto Berry(1 left) and Leppa Berry(2 left) would serve you well. Leppa is in the event you want to replenish Water Pulse. I think you can get by without a Sitrus Berry and if not, you can always ask for Felix’s.

Nah: Only thing you have left is the Poke Doll after exhausting your Gravelerock last battle. I would either sell it to make room or make use of it next battle seeing as we’re splitting up. To ensure more use of your skills, I definitely recommend grabbing a Leppa Berry(1 left), Lum(1 left) and Eggant(1 left). I think you can get by without a Sitrus Berry due to your Dragon Typing.

Freesia: Take and equip the Black Sludge item from Priscilla. Being the only Poison Type in the group means you’re the only one who can take it. With an Aspear Berry to cure frost and a Fishing Rod left over, I’d grab a Lum(none left), Eggant(none left) and Chesto(none left) for Status ailments.

Priscilla: Your loot is being distributed to everyone else(Black Sludge to Freesia, Miracle Seed to Linus). What you get to keep is a Revival Herb(other one goes to Susato) and your Wand of Zapping that you’ve yet to use. Although I’d like to give you a Leppa Berry, there are only so many to go around but you’re definitely getting s Sitrus Berry(2 left) because you’re too valuable to lose. The rest of your inventory remains open because your ability is suited to going after treasure.

Coral: While I’d like to give you Big Root, you haven’t learned Aqua Ring yet so there’s no point to it and with just 1 Water move, Mystic Water would be better served on Cuddles. I’m also not sure if you even need anything with an Oran Berry, Lum Berry, Escape Orb and Slow Wand in your arsenal already.

Susato: You’re the Group Healer and, if necessary, a reviver. As such, you’ll be getting one of the Revival Herbs Priscilla found last battle. Your moves don’t require a Leppa Berry and although we have two Sitrus Berries, I don’t think you should be on the Front lines. So for right now, I think your inventory should remain empty(save for the Revival Herb).

Rinnia: After giving up the Big Root to Lily, your inventory contains a Pecha Berry and a Pokedoll. Since you’re typically away from the front lines thanks to Confusion, you’ve been able to get by without recovery items. Furthermore we typically shield you from harm since you’re our healer with Heal Pulse and since you can attack effectively for eternity with Confusion, you won’t need a Leppa Berry. As such I think you can get by without anything new added to your inventory.

Linus: Your Razor Leaf will get a 15% boost from Miracle Seed once you equip it. However, from an offensive standpoint, your only moves are Astonish and Razor Leaf. As such, I think you should get the final Leppa Berry(none left) for Razor Leaf so that you can be more effective on the battlefield and take advantage of that Miracle Seed. Recovery wise you have Leech Seed so if necessary, use that to recover life to forego having a Sitrus Berry.

WooWoo: I was sooo torn on who to give the final Leppa Berry to but seeing as you have multiple attacks to draw upon and the fact I wanted to take advantage of Linus’ new item, he got the needed edge in the end. Your phase movement also allows you to hide if you get into a pinch so I think you can forego a Sitrus Berry.

Mags: You presently have a Slow Wand and Corsola Twigs in your inventory. Due to your Steel Typing and the fact you can attack from afar or diagonally, odds are you won’t be in a position to where you’ll need a Sitrus Berry. Hence nothing coming your way from Berry Pack(sorry).

Lutin: Nothing in your inventory and nothing coming your way(sorry).

Meta: Gravelerock and Corsola twigs in your inventory with very useful offensive moves. You, for coming back to the party, get a Sitrus Berry(1 left)

Hit: Escape Orb, Fishing Rod and Wand of Zapping in your inventory(maybe sell Rod?), your offensive capability is compromised if you drop below 50% HP. As such you get the final Sitrus Berry(none left).

Robin: If you learn Recover, you won’t need any Sitrus Berries. Furthermore you should be behind the lines lending Psychic support when you can.

Waterproof: New to the team, hence have to earn your keep as they say.

As for Rock Smash, it will be going to a new signup provided she signs up today like she said she would. Her Pokémon along with Coral will be learning the new move.

TailsMK4

Age 29
Male
Texas
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted 4 Days Ago
489 posts
1.4 Years
The berries sound like they will be helpful, so I'll agree to the Expert Berry Pack and the Juice Bar. Not all drinks will necessarily raise stats (the ones that do raise stats primarily are made from seeds in EoS), but if they do provide some healing in battle, I'd say that's worth it. And no, I wasn't intended on getting anything from the Berry Pack since I pretty much have what I need (for wanting, that's another matter, but there's no opportunity right now to get something I want).
Current VPP: (to be turned into a Leafeon later) --------------- Fire Type Emblem Character: Coral

Dragon

lover of milotics

Age 26
Male
Viridian City
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
10,525 posts
6.2 Years
I’ll at least get the Revival Herb then; if you guys are keeping close to Susato anyway, there’s no disadvantage of having it. o: If I got a Sitrus Berry it’d be for the other Pokémon too; until she learns Heal Pulse.

CodeHelmet

Banned

Male
Hayward
Seen June 9th, 2019
Posted June 9th, 2019
3,379 posts
2.4 Years
I’ll at least get the Revival Herb then; if you guys are keeping close to Susato anyway, there’s no disadvantage of having it. o: If I got a Sitrus Berry it’d be for the other Pokémon too; until she learns Heal Pulse.
So you’re for Option#2 and #3? Heal Pulse might be awhile though being that you don’t learn it until level 37. Assuming 5 levels/Battle, you won’t learn the move until after Battle#5 concludes. I did consider giving you a Sitrus Berry but figured it’d be best to give them to those who’d be taking damage to use it. Anyways so far we have two votes for doing both Berry Pack and Juice Bar(three if Dragon confirms) and one vote for Berry Pack alone(which all but ensures we get Berry Pack as I see it). Anyone against doing the Juice Bar?

Janp

Age 22
Male
Czech Republic
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 15 Hours Ago
3,507 posts
6.6 Years
I know I'm late, but I would like to evolve too. But only if I can evolve to Slaking soon because I want to be lazy again.

As for the moves, while I like Covet, I think I'll stay with my old moves.
Pokémon Challenges | Shiny Island
Advertiser Content