• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Japanese B2W2 animated trailer

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
I just skimmed through the trailer when I realized White2 wasn't even in it.
What a bummer. They sure know how to make a game trailer though.

Xatumi

Mech-Zoid
Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2014
I think the Shadow Triad play a prominent role in the different forms of Kyurem. Due to the CC trailer, they say you won't stop us with our goal. What other goal could they possibly have.

Years
I just skimmed through the trailer when I realized White2 wasn't even in it.
What a bummer. They sure know how to make a game trailer though.

The reason they used the male PC (Black2) in the trailer instead of the female PC (White2) is because I read that boys make up 75% of the Pokemon fanbase plus males often get showcased as the main protagonist.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Finally gotten around to watching this - after seeing the majority of it in people signatures! - and it does do a good job of advertising/setting up the game. The thing that does interest me the most is the identity of the Pokemon flying above N's head in the opening. It would certainly make sense if it was the one he captured in Black or White, but I kinda want it to be something new - mainly for the surprise element, but it'd add a layer of mysterious to the whole thing.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
I thought it was awesome, to say the least. Also, I believe that shadow is Reshiram, and not Zerkrom. The wing and tail structure are too wavy to be that of Zekrom's.

I think they showed only a shadow because they wanted to make the trailer for both versions and not just, for instance, White 2.

Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2023
I thought it was awesome, to say the least. Also, I believe that shadow is Reshiram, and not Zerkrom. The wing and tail structure are too wavy to be that of Zekrom's.
The shadow is ambiguous - its intended to resemble both Reshiram and Zekrom, or even Black/White Kyurem. Kind of like how the statue in Eterna City is designed to look like both Dialga and Palkia.

Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2013
Reshiram has a long, flowing tail, which the shadow does not have. And Zekrom's wings aren't as long as the shadow's wings are.

It's neither of them specifically, but represents both.

ShadowStriatonTriad

Shadow Triad Elite
Years
If N already caught Kyurem how can the player catch the Mascot? Black/White Kyurem is a Form Change so there'd only be one Kyurem in either game. If its owned by N then the Player cannot catch it and makes them redundant. Not to mention it would be the first time a Player could not catch the Box Mascot.

Maybe it could be Zekrom or Reshiram depending on the game you purchase. In example, if you purchase Black 2 it could be Reshiram while White 2 would be Zekrom. But the people who made the promo obviously didn't want to give it away; at least not yet.

Zerrah.

Mauling with Ursaring
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 15, 2018
3) Motherflippin' Arcanine sinking its motherfrikkin' teeth into motherfrackin' Seviper was the turning point. It exclaimed "THIS GAME IS A CHILDREN'S GAME NO LONGER. THIS IS A MAN'S GAME."
This. XD I'm so glad I was secluded in my room when I saw this trailer for the first time. I recall yelling "OH!" at the top of my lungs when Arcanine fought. And then I burst into maniacal laughter and probably sounded really stupid. It made me realize why I don't like the actual anime though. Cause there was no action, there was no suspense. Basically the episodes start with Ash wanting to fight someone, fighting and then losing to said person, somehow obtaining a new Pokemon/friend after helping them, *que friendship speech*, and then ending credits. Bore. I need to be dazzled by fights, and if the main character loses then he shouldn't be SWEPT BY A SNIVY WHILE HIS PIKACHU WAS EVENLY MATCHED WITH A LATIAS. But I digress.

Hopefully this is the beginning of a new era, where someone more suited then Ash will take the reigns and actually keep me interested for more than two episodes. Don't get me wrong, becoming friends with a Pokemon in order to have them join you is not at all bad; but when the main character has basically only caught a Caterpie the normal way, then there is something wrong. And this whole: "I can't evolve my Pokemon because that's only admitting to the fact that they have to be fully evolved to win" is a load of bull-honky. Grow a pair Ash and actually make this a shonen anime!

And I'll finish by saying that I hope Nintendo/Gamefreak/whoever witnesses the positive reactions to this trailer and runs with it.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
I think they showed only a shadow because they wanted to make the trailer for both versions and not just, for instance, White 2.
This really.

Oh and someone mentioned earlier, how would we be able to receive Zekrom/Reshiram if N has one and the protagonist had the other? Well I thought it would make sense if N released his (which could be Reshiram in Black 2 and Zekrom in White 2 - to match how it was in B/W), and it set off in the whereabouts of Unova where we would then catch it. n_n

@Zerrah. - Yes this trailer held lots of suspense! Like, what is the Shadow Triad up to, and why are they running from us? Why are areas frozen? It just comes to show that Black 2 and White 2 will be filled with action, or at least it better after a dedicated animation trailer like this.

empty streets

Ace trainer ★
Years
My reaction to the video was like "OOMMMMMGGGGG why does a pokemon video has such great graphics?!" I looooved it. Pokemon could have a billion more fans if only the anime was like this.

I just love the new characters! Too bad that the female one isn't included, but who knows, maybe there will be another video with her.

THE BATTLE OMGMG! I want an Arcanine now.

I never liked Bianca, but she looks great here. So cute *_*.

AND GOD, N is so sexy.

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
i would like to see another animated trailer, maybe featuring the girl or different parts of the game, that would be great

Does this confirm the comeback of N?

Years
My reaction to the video was like "OOMMMMMGGGGG why does a pokemon video has such great graphics?!" I looooved it. Pokemon could have a billion more fans if only the anime was like this.

I just love the new characters! Too bad that the female one isn't included, but who knows, maybe there will be another video with her.

THE BATTLE OMGMG! I want an Arcanine now.

I never liked Bianca, but she looks great here. So cute *_*.

AND GOD, N is so sexy.

Yeah, I want another video featuring the girl (White2).

The scene with Cheren was my fave part, you can see it in my signature.

for him.

I'm trash.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 6, 2023
If they turned the trailer into an actual anime series I would definitely watch it. Cheren looks very spiffy and gorgeous in the trailer. The trailer makes me wonder what other changes or new things Game Freak added... :D

Years
If they turned the trailer into an actual anime series I would definitely watch it. Cheren looks very spiffy and gorgeous in the trailer. The trailer makes me wonder what other changes or new things Game Freak added... :D

Cheren is so professional-looking in these games! Bianca/Bell still seems... The same. Although I wonder what her parents think of her choices now after allowing her to continue with her adventure 2 years ago.

The trailer should become its own anime, that will please the older Pokefans.

And yeah, I think Bianca is acting more mature now while still retaining her cuteness.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
The trailer should become its own anime, that will please the older Pokefans.

And yeah, I think Bianca is acting more mature now while still retaining her cuteness.

I don't think they'd have the money to maintain something like that. The anime style for the trailer was the same as a Pokemon Movie so the budget for it is a lot higher than that of the regular Anime. Seeing as they prolly spent the Anime budget for just one small trailer going by quality difference...I really don't think they could fund a full anime like that.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
Okay, this may sound crazy, but...
That shadow that flies over N doesn't look like Reshiram or Zekrom, it really doesn't...
I may be crazy, but I think its...Lugia...

KingCyndaquil

Pokemon Master
Years
I don't think they'd have the money to maintain something like that. The anime style for the trailer was the same as a Pokemon Movie so the budget for it is a lot higher than that of the regular Anime. Seeing as they prolly spent the Anime budget for just one small trailer going by quality difference...I really don't think they could fund a full anime like that.
wow is it really? I guess when you factor in the new voice actors and drawings i could see that, but thats rather surprising. like i said before though, sometime in the future perhaps an ova could be made (something like a Chronicles story line), the graphics don't have to be as amazing as the trailer.

also, is it possible that we get to actually play those scenes out in game from the trailer?

Back