• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PC OU Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Well a mod might aswell close this, grats to reg users ONCE AGAIN for being useless. You said you'd play this but no, only me and wolf have played it thus far and like two other people. People moaning and whining about "Oh i dont want D-A in the metagame" HINT: If you played it maybe the metagame would develop and we could get bans done ? Really the guys who call yourself regs should be ashamed, wolf, myself etc have tried to get this off the ground and all we get met with is BS, wolf also posts a tourney and like 4 people join. JEEZ I WONDER WHY PO/CBC ISNT ACTIVE ? Dont even get me started on the main forum, platdude posts more than our "regs" combined. Our regs now are absolutely awful, not even gonna sugar coat it. ._____________________.

EDIT:

(01:27) Anti: "our userbase is too damn lazy to care anyway"

^

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Well, to liven things up around here I'll start a team building competition. The idea is that I'll pick a Pokémon, and see who can create the best team including said Pokémon. Your team doesn't need to be based on the Pokémon with the entire team focused on supporting it; you just need to include it in your team. We're going to start with...

PiJnq.png

GARCHOMP
http://www.smogon.com/dw/pokemon/garchomp

Discuss, be creative, post teams you like, have fun, etc. Oh, and members can collaborate and make joint teams if they want to.

Fun fact: Rough Skin + Rocky Helmet + Sandstorm damage totaled is 34%. With Stealth Rock damage included it's 46%, and with both SR and three layers of Spikes it's 71% (OUCH).

Last edited:

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
HAH! Already lovin' this! I can at last use Keldeo and Blaziken...
Do these apply for normal DS play too?

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen yesterday
Well, you likely won't find anyone to battle with, since this is primarily for Pokémon Online. If you can find someone willing to play under these rules, then sure!

Years

yea just install pokemon online and look for the pokecommunity server and you'll find it

also if this is going to be balanced I really think we should ban r1 suspects or at least deo-a manaphy darkrai

Last edited:

Lila.

Banned
Years
Yeah, I agree with karpman completely. The round 1 suspects at the very least should be banned. Darkrai and skymin are just broken. I'd go as far to say that aladron's proposal, thundurus, excadrill, deo-s, garchomp, blaziken bans etc should really all be in affect. Although I'm not sure how many people would agree with me...

I think it should be considered that just because something has a "counter" per say does not mean that it isn't completely broken. Excadrill for instance can't break gliscor and something like thundurus is unable to break gastrodon. Although with something that has a really negative effect against certain playstyles like stall (thundurus) and offense (excadrill), should it really be allowed to be in the tier? I don't really think so. Something like sub sd garchomp is almost impossible to beat under a sandstorm. The opponent merely needs to sub down until you miss a crucial move and boost to get off at least a few kos. If your opponent's team is built to spread paralysis, there's nothing you can do to win, whatsoever.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
ME said:
As i said on the server, nothing will be banned until the metagame has been played sufficiently so everyone can gauge a clear opinion on what is and isnt broken. EVERYTHING will be given a fair test you have no idea what is and isnt broken with all the DW abilities and mons released, this is a fresh start on OU so nothing smogon did holds water AT ALL in PC OU period. Its frankly a closed minded way to think at this point. =\ Plus its essentially theorymon. Play it alot then say what you want banned. Im not saying some of those pokes wont get banned but please at least play the metagame before drawing conclusions. ~_~

ME said:
As i said on the server, nothing will be banned until the metagame has been played sufficiently so everyone can gauge a clear opinion on what is and isnt broken. EVERYTHING will be given a fair test you have no idea what is and isnt broken with all the DW abilities and mons released, this is a fresh start on OU so nothing smogon did holds water AT ALL in PC OU period. Its frankly a closed minded way to think at this point. =\ Plus its essentially theorymon. Play it alot then say what you want banned. Im not saying some of those pokes wont get banned but please at least play the metagame before drawing conclusions. ~_~
ME said:
ME said:
ME said:
ME said:
ME said:
ME said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

edit:

Also if you'd of played the metagame the unbanned Poke and the DW mons keep each other in very close check as wolf can also attest to. Tech Loom and Iron Fist Conk for example makes Exca sweeping job about 200% harder, Thundurus isnt sweeping with Exca around, Soul Dew Lati check rain and Thundurus. Genesect helps check soul dew lati etc.

If sandveil is so much of a factor we can always ban it since chomp can run Rough Skin so its really not a big deal. But please dont just come in and be all "OH BAN R1 SUSPECTS THEY ARE CLEARLY BROKEN", play the metagame before drawing conclusions because most of the stuff you mentioned there really isnt broken in PC ou at all, its a totally different metagame than when smogon did it so their test holds no water here at all. This is a fresh start.

EDIT 2:
End of the day guys, if you want bans to happen you are gonna have to play. Until then, no bans, sorry as the metagame cant develop not do we have input or anything to go on.

Last edited:

Lila.

Banned
Years
Sounds like a total waste of time to be frank. There isn't really one suspect that smogon has banned that hasn't had excellent reasoning behind it. I don't see why there should be any more changes involved here. Why is there a need? To make pokecommunity "unique?" That makes little to no sense to me (especially since there are going to be even more shifts in the game once BW2 rolls around, why do we want to do the work when it has already been done for us)? Nothing at all is accomplished by randomly restarting and making a new metagame at the hands of a lower player base.

EDIT: Lol are you serious? Why on Earth would you unban soul dew. I mean, this is essentially dream would ou atm, zero differences between standard dw ou and this. Bar maybe the fact that darkrai, skymin, blaze are already banned in that tier. Talk about being closed minded really. Just because something has one random check doesn't mean that it isn't completely broken. That's why a lot of suspects were banned in the first place. Why would I want to play a metagame that is basically dream would ou????

Last edited:

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
Sounds like a total waste of time to be frank. There isn't really one suspect that smogon has banned that hasn't had excellent reasoning behind it. I don't see why there should be any more changes involved here. Why is there a need? To make pokecommunity "unique?" That makes little to no sense to me (especially since there are going to be even more shifts in the game once BW2 rolls around, why do we want to do the work when it has already been done for us)?

EDIT: Lol are you serious? Why on Earth would you unban soul dew. I mean, this is essentially dream would ou atm, zero differences between standard dw ou and this. Bar maybe the fact that darkrai, skymin, blaze are already banned in that tier.

I gather you werent around. If you read the OP, currently BW OU is becoming stale with the council taking away community participation on smogon. We wanted something fresh for activity in both the forum and Po so we could do something as a community for once and to make activity better.

If you think its a waste of time dont bother participating in the tests because unles you play you have no valid opinion on what is and isnt broken in the tier. For the 6th time, if you played you would see basically everything keeps everything in check. Nothing smogon does/did holds ANY water in this because it was/is a totally different metagame.

Its attitudes like this why CBC actually blows these days and nothing ever gets done around here and as you can see both here and PO are rotting because people are lazy, stubborn in not only this but rating, battling, participating in tourneys put up by wolf etc. Dont know about you but a few of us have essentially had it up to here with the state of how things are around here and when we try and make a change to do something about it we get bs like this. =/

EDIT: Not Op, this thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=279864&page=1 my bad.

Lila.

Banned
Years
You never answered my question. What does it accomplish? Nothing at all... I mean bar community participation, nothing is being accomplished as far as a fairly stable and balanced metagame goes. The smogon council honestly won't be around for that long. The admins who opposed suspect testing have stepped down from smogon, and different forum moderators have advocated for the return of suspect tests. I wouldn't be surprised if suspect testing returned after bw2 is released.

Years
I gather you werent around. If you read the OP, currently BW OU is becoming stale with the council taking away community participation on smogon. We wanted something fresh for activity in both the forum and Po so we could do something as a community for once and to make activity better.

If you think its a waste of time dont bother participating in the tests because unles you play you have no valid opinion on what is and isnt broken in the tier. For the 6th time, if you played you would see basically everything keeps everything in check. Nothing smogon does/did holds ANY water in this because it was/is a totally different metagame.

Its attitudes like this why CBC actually blows these days and nothing ever gets done around here and as you can see both here and PO are rotting because people are lazy, stubborn in not only this but rating, battling, participating in tourneys put up by wolf etc. Dont know about you but a few of us have essentially had it up to here with the state of how things are around here and when we try and make a change to do something about it we get bs like this. =/

Now I dont think we need to bash lila because shes new, she obviously knows what shes talking about.

I dont think the tier itself is becoming stale; it's balanced for the most part, which is what smogon seeks to achieve. While I too think it's more boring without a constantly shifting meta, it's at least enjoyable to play albeit not exciting and dynamic. Despite this, I feel like creating our own OU version isnt the way to resolve the stagnancy created from suspect tests being discontinued. As Lila said it's a waste of time, as we'll either ban everything and go towards a completely stallish meta, ban nothing and have every broken pkmn running around which isnt fun since it's basically "who can double switch deo-a in more" or end up with something similar to smogon or dw ou which already existed and we have therefore wasted our time. Simply put we're headed towards a direction in which we either continue to have our own meta be bad or just end up wasting our time emulating a smogon metagame. Also if PC is boring and **** just go to smogon for your battles, you'll find a much higher level of play there and constant competition.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
You never answered my question. What does it accomplish? Nothing at all... I mean bar community participation, nothing is being accomplished as far as a fairly stable and balanced metagame goes.

Ive answered this previously, the reason nothing is getting done is because no one is playing it. Part of the reason im frustrated, so we cant achieve balance in any way shape or form until people play it so people can actually gauge opinions.

Community participation and activity is the whole reason we are doing this.

Years
Ive answered this previously, the reason nothing is getting done is because no one is playing it. Part of the reason im frustrated, so we cant achieve balance in any way shape or form until people play it so people can actually gauge opinions.

Community participation and activity is the whole reason we are doing this.

why not make a league or something then instead of continuing to promote a meta that nobody likes

Lila.

Banned
Years
So you're trying to gain more community participation and activity by taking at least a decently balanced metagame and ripping it to shreds for the community to put the pieces back together in the same way that they were before? Doesn't sound like something that I'd want to do, or that most other people would want to do either. You can go ahead and play whatever "metagame" you so choose, although this could go a few ways. 1) Nothing gets banned whatsoever or a select few pkmn run the entire metagame into the ground (i.e. darkrai, skymin, manaphy, deo-a, garchomp) or 2) smogon wifi ou is recreated.... There has to be some other way to "gain activity and community participation" other than this really lol.

Oh, and I agree 100% with Karpman's post.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
why not make a league or something then instead of continuing to promote a meta that nobody likes

Thats a tough one....

Wait i know this!

BECAUSE NO ONE PARTICIPATES IN ANYTHING THIS INCLUDES LEAGUES. ._.

EDIT: @ Lila, if you read my previous edit, you'd see the majority of us hate how OU is at the moment and thats the reason this place was dying. So we decided to try something different for a change to shake things up and oh look this has failed too because of stubborn attitudes.

Lila.

Banned
Years
If no one participates in anything, what makes you think that every random pokecommunity member is going to jump at this fabled opportunity?

EDIT: yeah the whopping 4 posts in this thread who agree with you. The majority of this thread is saying how this will not gain any activity at all and that it's a waste of time.

UTSU

Banned
Years
  • Age 15
  • Seen Jun 27, 2012
Thats a tough one....

Wait i know this!

EDIT: @ Lila, if you read my previous edit, you'd see the majority of us hate how OU is at the moment and thats the reason this place was dying. So we decided to try something different for a change to shake things up and oh look this has failed too because of stubborn attitudes.

Then why would they participate in this

It's obvious that no one likes this.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen yesterday
If no one participates in anything, what makes you think that every random pokecommunity member is going to jump at this fabled opportunity?

Why wouldnt they ? I mean what did we have to lose, we wanted a community and this seemed like the perfect catalyst to build such activities on but no wrong again. =/

EDIT: yeah the whopping 4 posts in this thread who agree with you. The majority of this thread is saying how this will not gain any activity at all and that it's a waste of time.

Once again attitudes like this is why CBC is turning into a festering steaming stinking pile of grade A monkey crap and is essentially dying. =/

EDIT: @ user random, well do you have any better ideas since you know we've tried everything else ?

Lila.

Banned
Years

Why wouldnt they ? I mean what did we have to lose, we wanted a community and this seemed like the perfect catalyst to build such activities on but no wrong again. =/

Choose one or the other. You're contradicting yourself. Will or will they not participate?? Also, what sort of attitude am I exuding that is ruining this forum? Me disagreeing with you is ruining this forum? What?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back