• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Suggestion: PMs and VMs via text

tabor62

[b][color=#CADB5A]W[/color][color=#C8DA4F]h[/color
Years
I think it would be really convenient if we could receive and reply to PMs and VMs via text. Though I'm not sure how this would be implemented. Just throwing it out there.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
It would be a cool idea I agree, but then there's the whole issue of giving phone numbers to PC and all of the security issues involved... I know I personally wouldn't want to put my phone number on PC, even if it was hidden from most people, but I'm quite protective over that kind of stuff so I might be in the minority here. It definitely would be convenient to be able to reply like this (more so for PMs, I'm not sure about VMs) and it'd be great to effectively be able to 'text' members from other countries, but there's also a heck of a lot of issues with implementing something like this. If it's possible, I'd be all for it!

There's also the problem of how much PM space this could take up, but I guess that's just another reason to become a supporter haha.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
As nice as this would be, I think it'd be a mess to implement. I'm with Ozzy in that I don't want everyone knowing my number, and honestly, I'm sure a lot of people feel the same. I think a better solution would be to have the numbers of your best mates and just text them like normal, though I'm aware we all can't do that even. Crazy parents, detailed billing, international friends, etc.

Basically it'd be cool, but more trouble than it's worth. ;(

pikakitten

You met with a terrible fate
Years
But classy girls don't kiss in bars, you fool!
I'm sorry I just had to.

But aside from the secret numbers issue xD I don't think anything like that is already implemented so it'd ave to be coded in :P

droomph

weeb
Years
Well, like another thing to do is to have people exchange numbers via PM, and then contacting them through such. I know that people do that.

And if you want everybody to text you (because you have unlimited or something) you could always just put the number on your "About Me" section on your profile and say that you prefer to be contacted as such.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Well, like another thing to do is to have people exchange numbers via PM, and then contacting them through such. I know that people do that.

And if you want everybody to text you (because you have unlimited or something) you could always just put the number on your "About Me" section on your profile and say that you prefer to be contacted as such.
Posting your phone number on a public forum for the whole world to see is a very bad idea. I strongly suggest never doing it. You have no idea who could be seeing your number and what they might do with it. Also be very careful when exchanging numbers via PM, even if you think you know the person they may not be who they say they are. Make sure you trust them 100% completely first!

Back