• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

When is the next new one?

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2017
Looks like they are starting a new Season right? The last Pokemon was Series XYZ and "The Legend of X, Y, And Z!" Season 19 Episode 45. On 1/28/2017 The one before that, that is like that last of the Season is "Till We Compete Again!" Season 19 Episode 44. On 1/21/2017

So what is the name of the new Series? What Date will it start on? Or did I miss it all ready?

I seen every Pokemon from Day one. I like this show.

-Raymond Day

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Looks like they are starting a new Season right? The last Pokemon was Series XYZ and "The Legend of X, Y, And Z!" Season 19 Episode 45. On 1/28/2017 The one before that, that is like that last of the Season is "Till We Compete Again!" Season 19 Episode 44. On 1/21/2017

So what is the name of the new Series? What Date will it start on? Or did I miss it all ready?

I seen every Pokemon from Day one. I like this show.

-Raymond Day

The new series is Pokémon Sun & Moon. We don't have an English dub airdate yet.

If you follow the Japanese version, they're on episode 15.

Years
The new series are Sun & Moon and already airing in Japan (currently 14 episodes aired). We still don't know the date for the US but we'll probably learn it soon!

Edit: why are you always faster, frozocrone lol??

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
The new series are Sun & Moon and already airing in Japan (currently 14 episodes aired). We still don't know the date for the US but we'll probably learn it soon!

Edit: why are you always faster, frozocrone lol??

I live in my mother's basement and have no social life :D

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
The first two episodes of the Sun and Moon English dub aired in December on Disney XD. They're available online to watch. There haven't been any more episodes in English yet and there's been no announced start date.

Guest123_x1

I wouldn't be surprised if the US doesn't get to see new dub episodes of Sun/Moon until at least late spring or maybe even well into summer. By then, the rest of the world will have seen their dubs long before us.

Ever since B/W, it seems that The Pokémon Company would rather release stuff to Europe and Australia before North America (probably because of the 2008 Wall Street-induced economic crash).

I'm beginning to think that Disney simply offered TPCI a heaping pile of cash for the Pokémon anime just to wrestle it away from Cartoon Network (similarly to how Fox greatly outbid CBS for the NFL's NFC package in 1993, a fact that I think I've mentioned before in other threads.)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
What would the 2008 crash have to do with anything? It's not uncommon for even original American cartoons to have new episodes released in other English speaking countries first.

I kind of doubt there was a bidding war. Cartoon Network likely just wanted to focus on their original programming and Disney was willing to take the airing rights.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I take back what I said, according to the voice of Jessie, it is because of Legal and Money issues. So something is going on with the change over it would seem. She said she doesn't know anymore than that.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Hmm, interesting. Maybe the same issues made Cartoon Network not renew, it wasn't just that they simply didn't want the show anymore.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
This long delay is the exact reason I started watching English subtitled versions of the original Japanese episodes for the first time ever. This delay is too long.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
That's assuming that any episodes after the second one have been dubbed. The first two episodes aired in the US in December and in the UK in November but nothing dubbed in English has aired anywhere.

Years
I understand the delay, but I don't understand why its so long. I get that they have to dub it and stuff but does it seriously take months to do? Not being sarcastic, just genuinely curious.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
See?

I told you.

Cartoon Network is trying to prevent Pokemon from ever airing because they're mad they lost it because they're ANIME HATERS.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
What is your proof that Cartoon Network has anything to do with the delay?

The Mega Champion

Strategist
Years
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Well it counts as the English dub starting up again. There's still no information about when the English dub will start airing on Disney XD again.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
Oh, don't think I could binge watch Pokemon XY at all.

Just get to showing Sun + Moon dub already Disney! I wanna see how much TPCi changes!

Back