• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Official PokéCommunity Shipping Debates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 13, 2019
...Does anyone even care about married couples? =P

... I don't think so XD the only business for married couples would be Anti-shipping:

Shipping: Discussion and Speculation of possible love and relationship between two people, be it true or sexual.

Anti-Shipping: Discussion and Speculation of conflicts and possibilities and methods of break-ups or divorce between two people. More commonly defined among the peasant fandom as the argument against the possible love and relationship of two people, mostly as true.

But this is a shipping thread, so carry on with SHIPPING XD

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
Years
  • Age 35
  • Nim
  • Seen Feb 16, 2017
That's a good question. I'd hope they would, hence no shipping with that character with anyone else. Otherwise it looks bad for the younger audience this anime is aimed at.

Meduza

Majestic Dawn
Years
  • Seen Jul 8, 2014
Bulbagarden added MapleSyrupShipping! (DentoXArti)

I'm so happy it got accepted.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
... I don't think so XD the only business for married couples would be Anti-shipping:

Shipping: Discussion and Speculation of possible love and relationship between two people, be it true or sexual.

True or sexual... so sexual is fake? What?

Bulbagarden added MapleSyrupShipping! (DentoXArti)

I'm so happy it got accepted.
I like that name. Kind of.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012

Anti-Shipping: Discussion and Speculation of conflicts and possibilities and methods of break-ups or divorce between two people. More commonly defined among the peasant fandom as the argument against the possible love and relationship of two people, mostly as true.

But this is a shipping thread, so carry on with SHIPPING XD
...Did you just claim discussion of canon couples (because that what married people essentially are) is anti-shipping? >| How is it anti-shipping that as much as I love Chuck and his wife, that I'd still put him (and her!) with other people?

'Shipping isn't anything so convoluted! 'Shipping is about support. What you support is what you 'ship. Very basic, very simple. Because I can support something and never need to discuss it, explain it, or even speculate. It can just be. *does it enough to know*

So even if you love Pokeshipping, but write an angsty break-up fanfic (because Angst is the In-Thing), are you an anti-shipper? Wasn't that Cori Falls' argument towards Rocketshippers? *and how many people thought she gave a bad name to 'shippers?*

True or sexual... so sexual is fake? What?
He's saying "true love" or "lust buddies".

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
It's nice to see you back, Frostik :) I agree with everything you said again. But the reason I don't actively support married couples is that they're usually just minor, background characters of no real interest.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
AK47~ ^_< Why have you not linked to the Shipping website (you bloody link to everything else)? Really? Mew and AshPikastar are GOOGLING when they SHOULD NOT BE.

The naming portion of the shipping community isn't solely BMGf or SPPf. We've gotten names from here, too. It's universal to the fandom; we collect from a BUNCH of places, PC included.

So for the love of GOD, you two, USE THIS:
http://www.freewebs.com/incompletelove/

I should not be hearing anyone trying to name things that already have names. ;___;
I'm not googling anything, don't assume things. I've been using that site already. Also I think it's some guy off Bulba forums that updates that list anyway, i've seen the list, and even mentioned Cilan x Arti. I looked and Arti and Cilan didn't have a name...
...Does anyone even care about married couples? =P
Does anyone remember "Time warp Heals all wounds"? One of my most favourite episodes ever. Kuni got pregnant (probably the closest we'll get to proof of human sex on the anime) but yeah, I'd support that ship.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
It's nice to see you back, Frostik :) I agree with everything you said again. But the reason I don't actively support married couples is that they're usually just minor, background characters of no real interest.
:3 Glad to be back.

Most of the time, they're minor. I suppose in reality I was aiming more for the likes of Norman/Caroline, Chuck/his wife, Flint/Lola, Aloe/Kidachi, and the idea of the professors Elm and Birch being married (the games would hint they are currently married; the anime suggests nothing relative). Things like that.

...Though secretly, I've a little minor heart for Karsten/Joy, from the Sinnoh!Suicune episode.

I'm not googling anything, don't assume things. I've been using that site already. Also I think it's some guy off Bulba forums that updates that list anyway, i've seen the list, and even mentioned Cilan x Arti. I looked and Arti and Cilan didn't have a name...

Does anyone remember "Time warp Heals all wounds"? One of my most favourite episodes ever. Kuni got pregnant (probably the closest we'll get to proof of human sex on the anime) but yeah, I'd support that ship.
I can't assume anything else when you specifically mentioned you were "googling" in two different posts ("Google got me nothing"). And the reason I suspected you were not using that site was because you were tring to name at least three 'ships that--if you were using that site--would have realized DID have names.

Of course I would doubt you were using it. I saw no evidence you were in the first place. My apologies, but it's a pet peeve of mine when people don't try hard enough to discover, yeah, there's a 'ship for that.

And yes, that site's run by someone off Bulba. It's run by a chick named Luna (who just returned from a period of absence, too. Huh). If you can get your 'ships to her somehow (Bulba, SPPf, the site's guestbook, some other places), they will end up on the website (well, depending on things).

Oh they were cute. 83 That episode dealt not only with pregnancy, but a lot of other adult issues, too. For that, I appreciate them.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
I can't assume anything else when you specifically mentioned you were "googling" in two different posts ("Google got me nothing"). And the reason I suspected you were not using that site was because you were tring to name at least three 'ships that--if you were using that site--would have realized DID have names.
And yes, that site's run by someone off Bulba. It's run by a chick named Luna (who just returned from a period of absence, too. Huh). If you can get your 'ships to her somehow (Bulba, SPPf, the site's guestbook, some other places), they will end up on the website (well, depending on things).
Yeah I guess I could see why you thought that, but you can't serious try and make someone search the whole list anyway (although ctrl + f doesn't work for me for some reason) ... Sorry if I sound a bit serious - everyone takes me way too serious.
Anyway, yeah - Luna Hivern, I know.

Oh they were cute. 83 That episode dealt not only with pregnancy, but a lot of other adult issues, too. For that, I appreciate them.
Yeah it was a great episode - felt a little like a soap opera though. xD

Even though the egg hatched and some random Pokemon hatched out of it, I think this calls for a celebration! ^_^
*Gets a bottle of Champagne*
We were gonna ship what comes out of it now though wern't we? So um, Zuruggu x Satoshi then? :3

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016

Errr... I don't even remember; when did I s--....
Oh my! I did say that. Ash x Zuruggu is really odd though. =(
It would be kinda wrong anyway - a newly born pokémon and a ten year old... xD

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Urg, I don't know why everyone took that so seriously - I mentioned it once... Well okay I posted pictures too - but seriously, it's a hot shipping. ;D

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
Oh darn, I missed the MysteryEgg discussion D: You know, what made me support that even more strongly was all the speculation and fighting going on over what would hatch from the egg. Since it seemed like a faction of the fandom was going to be upset no matter who hatched, might as well keep everyone happy! :P

And on the subject of married couple pairings...I'll accept them and think they're cute, but they're not as interesting as unrequited love.

There's just something about that uncertainty of whether the other will accept the other's love that keeps me on my toes, you know? I like it...

I love Kidachi x Aloe though ^^

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
And on the subject of married couple pairings...I'll accept them and think they're cute, but they're not as interesting as unrequited love.

There's just something about that uncertainty of whether the other will accept the other's love that keeps me on my toes, you know? I like it...

I love Kidachi x Aloe though ^^
I agree with that.

I think I like Kidachi x Aloe because there are so many directions that we can take their relationship in. How they relate to each other, how they got together, etc. And they're not bland characters either.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
You guys like Aloe/Kidachi, too? Mi amigas!

I was almost afraid Kidachi would be subverted like he was in the games. Aloe seemed more interactive with Arti than Kidachi, despite Kidachi being at her side. But I <3 them so.

CommanderPigg

Dento used bishie sparkles!
Years
Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up with my BW game spoilers, so I have no idea how they interact in the games ^^

But in the anime, Kidachi shows a really cute admiration for Aloe, like she's his hero or something. I see them as an intellectual couple who probably met in college over some project they had to work on together...It could've happened!

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2012
Unfortunately, I haven't been keeping up with my BW game spoilers, so I have no idea how they interact in the games ^^

But in the anime, Kidachi shows a really cute admiration for Aloe, like she's his hero or something. I see them as an intellectual couple who probably met in college over some project they had to work on together...It could've happened!
That's him in the games in a nutshell. He reveres her, and is completely worried for her when the skeleton head is stolen....not that she talks to him at all, or mentions him.

He warns her of Plasma's attack, she's all, "What?! *charge*", Kidachi and the player follow to her either side, and she guns. At no point does she exchange talk with him...;.; but she'll talk to Arti like he's more important (granted, she's worried about the skull BUT STILL). Don't give a character a husband if they're gonna interact so closely and not make her talk to him once. ;_; We know how he feels; give us a hint how she feels.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
Years
Oh now I remember who Kidachi is. Yes he does seem to admire Aloe a lot. At first I was a bit surprised that they where married when I first saw that episode but it is a cute couple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back