• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen The X/Y Rumors Thread!

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
IF THE THIRD LEGENDARY WERE REAL.
Here are my guesses on its color
220px-Drapeau_de_la_France.png

1. Kalos is based on France. And the France Flag has 3 color: Blue (Xerneas), Red (Yvetal) and White. So the third could be white

2. There are a few trio with 3 colors Red, Blue, Yellow like Moltres, Articuno, Zapdos; Raikou, Entei, Suicune..... Xerneas is blue, Yvetal is red so the third could be yellow

3. There are a few trio with 3 colors Red, Blue, Green like Rayquaza, Groudon, Kyorge.... Xerneas is blue, Yvetal is red, so the third could be green

PLEASE DON't JUDGE ME!!!
We've also had orange (or does the dex classify it as brown? to me it look orange), Green, and Blue with the Kami trio and Muskeeters.

The third could also be purple a mix of Blue and Red to represent union.

Years
I think that if the third were real, it could just be the Balance Pokemon

P/s: i really love another sea creatures legendary. We just got Lugia, Kyorge, Manaphy, Phione, (Keldeo doesn't count)

RollsOfSushi

Hotter than Wasabi
Years
I'd be willing to bet that the Mega Evolutions will have something to do with genetics and/or that chromosome motif with X & Y. It'd be really crazy if you could breed for it, which actually would make the most sense.

And that 3D Gabite tho. :3

If you look at the animations for the Mega Evolutions, you can see a DNA Helix in rainbow colors above the Pokemon. So I'm thinking you are right about this.

blue

gucci
Years
Well the White could be the Dove symbolizing peace and harmony? just putting it out there.

Last edited:
Reactions: JP
Years
Well the White could be the Dove symbolizing peace and harmony? just putting it out there.

Thats would be nice idea.

By the way I know it would sound weird, but Rayquaza can complete this trio, this pokemon bralance things which can fit a trio with life and destruction. Also alot of us believe that a dragon/snake is third legendery, which describe Rayquaza well in my opinion.

What if rayquaza have an uknown relationship to Xerneas and Yveltal.

Years

By the way I know it would sound weird, but Rayquaza can complete this trio, this pokemon bralance things which can fit a trio with life and destruction. Also alot of us believe that a dragon/snake is third legendery, which describe Rayquaza well in my opinion.

I actually want this to happen. First it could cut down on the legendary in this gen which is need after the flooding we got in 4th and 5th. And it would also pretty much confirm R/S remake.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I actually want this to happen. First it could cut down on the legendary in this gen which is need after the flooding we got in 4th and 5th. And it would also pretty much confirm R/S remake.

I doubt the we slow down on the Legends. Also we kinda got a lot of legends in 3rd Gen as well at about 10. Thought I wish the would. We had 14 in Sinnoh and 13 in Unova. So they might bring it down slightly.

As for me, I have a feeling the 3rd legend for the 6th Gen will be Growth. If we are correct in saying that X and Y stand for Life and Destruction/Death the one in the middle would be Growth or Fertility. There is a mythical creature that is a snake that helped plants to grow. (I do not remember the name, but I looked it up a while back after X and Y were announced.)

And Rayquaza does not really complete it. I highly doubt they are in anyway related to Rayquaza. Rayquaza was the sky. Which balanced out Sea and Earth.

Last edited:

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
Years
Fly (HM) return with black bird :(
original.jpg

original.jpg

I liked it when the animation for 'Fly' was a plane with a spinning propeller, but this is okay, I guess…

So I read somewhere that you run by default, and pressing B causes your character to walk. Does anyone have confirmation of this?

serebii confirmed it already, a great change in my opinion

Huh; I wonder if you can change your default speed back to that of walking in the Options screen, though.

Maybe Rayquaza will get a Mega evolution?

Last edited:

Years

That's funny because I've heard some say Rayquaza completes the Johto flying duo...while it's true it's orb is called jade (which the Aztecs from which GF got part of the inspiration for the name and design (Quetzalcoatl) considered more precious than Gold and Silver) I don't think it does...it's like saying Dialga has something to do with the weather trio as it's the mascot of the fourth most precious stone (RSE).

I think they'll go ahead and make another expy like they did with Giratina.

Now if legendaries are getting Megas than I think GF should for even reason keep the number of new legends small for this generation.

Years
Firstly, i think the DNA with Mega Evolution will have some connection with Xerneas and Yvetal. That's why Mega Evolution IS FOUND ONLY IN KALOS

Secondly, i don't that Rayquaza will ACTUALLY be the third legendary. Maybe there was a Rayquaza's step brother or child (like Phione). Or it will have have a new form that make it cannot fly but it can dig through the ground.

Years
I'd love to see a white bearded dragon.
Dragon/Ground (It is below the other worlds digging at roots) or Dragon/Poison (corruption, poisoning of the earth, the palette could have purple/green accents predominately white.)

The Norse Mythology describes the sepent-like dragon as digging at the roots of the world above him in hopes of disturbing the balance of the world.

Yveltal and Xerneas are both benevolent, despite Yveltal's bad rep. for being a destructio n pokemon. Both are needed for sustainability of life. An example. Algae blooms are massive creation of algae in lakes and streams. They need to be destroyed by other organism in order for the entire ecosystem to thrive. Destruction is a part of nature that enables creation. It's like, an necessary evil. Not actual evil or malice.

However, I could also see the third (white pokemon), represent the regulator between creation and destruction. Though, if it referenced the dragon, it would hardly follow the Norse mythology. Though, that is just speculative.

Years
  • Seen Dec 4, 2014
just an opinion but there has been a goat and lion pokemon, so could there be a snake pokemon this Gen to some how create a Chimera team?

blue

gucci
Years
I have a feeling there will be less legendaries this generation, otherwise if they keep increasing the number of legendaries introduced in each generation then the metagame would eventually become OP.

Years
I have a feeling there will be less legendaries this generation, otherwise if they keep increasing the number of legendaries introduced in each generation then the metagame would eventually become OP.

I agree that the metagame is affected, but just generally, I don't think having a large quantity of legendaries is good idea. It defeat the purpose of them being rare and special when there are so many

Number of legendaries per generation.
Gen 1 - 5 (3%) - The Mew's and Legendary Birds were very special given how few there were.
Gen 2 - 6 (6%) - Added a bit more variety with three different groupings (Birds, Beast, Celebi)
Gen 3 - 10 (7.5%) - And so began the mass production line, but nothing too overboard.
gen 4 - 14 (13.5 %) - This is just getting ridiculous at this point!!! Almost 1 in 7!
Gen 5 - 13 (8.5%) - Still too high, but maybe learning from their past mistake?
Estimate:
Gen 6 - 9 out of 120 (7.5%) - This is my hope with the new megas to fill the lack of legendary's void.

They are mostly used to make movies, of which are dwarfed in superiority of the first three movies; after which, they just went down hill. Granted I didn't bother watching most of them after gen some of the terrible Celebi movie and the subsequent gen 3 movies. I would prefer to see the number between 8-10. I hope your feeling is correct! Reverting back to gen III percentages would be refreshing. Plus, they might focus on megas for future movies in place of the few created legendaries.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
One thing I have noticed about the Megas is some of them have been in movies at some point. Mewtwo first and last movie. Lucarion, one movie. Absol was one movie. It isn't much to go on, but they could be targeting some pokemon that were in movies at one point. Though I have no way to back this up.

Years
Well all the Megas seen so far have played some role in the franchise except for Mawile and Kangaskhan...and are also fan favorites, again with the exception of the aformentioned two.

Altair1

Willpower
Years
I'm kind of curious if Mega stones can be thieved, knocked off and flung during battle, rendering them useless? I doubt we'd be able to after the Pokemon has Mega Evolved though.

Years
You guys are forgetting that this is a rumor thread... I have come to this thread several times looking for rumors when I see a new post but you guys are just talking about what you want to see in the game. Could the name please be changed or the conversation moved back to rumors?

Back